Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm tusseling with a touch of a hang over. We went out to a bar and to see a band on the Hudson River.
Good times!

What's everybody got on tap for the weekend?

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
I get to pick up my friend from the airport today, in my other friend's car!!! (think I should arrive bearing gifts?) :rofl: :love:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Had my parents and sister over for dinner last night. Dranks a few beers, had a few laughs... It was actually ok. Hoping to get a road ride in tonight with Goddy43 if the weather shapes up. Kinda rainy right now. Might have found a buyer for my Kona. Just waiting to here back from him today. Going hiking with the fam tonorrow and then to a birthday party on Sunday. :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone.

Two seperate things occured in class today that blew my mind.

We were discussing Korean movies and somehow one thing led to another and a girl piped up and said, "Who cares where the movie's from? They all look the same anyway, it's not like anyone can tell what country they come from."

...she was promptly bitchslapped by the rest of the class.

Then someone suggested that "the Jews caused the 9/11 bombing".

...holy mother of... Where do these people come from?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning everyone.

We were discussing Korean movies and somehow one thing led to another and a girl piped up and said, "Who cares where the movie's from? They all look the same anyway, it's not like anyone can tell what country they come from."

Just because they attend college DOES NOT mean they are educated.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Just because they attend college DOES NOT mean they are educated.
I know, sometimes it just amazes me when people are so forward with their ignorance.

I mean, I can see someone not being able to tell the difference between Eastern people. But you know they look different. You know people can tell them apart. So why would you speak up with a comment like that? :rolleyes:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning monkeys,

long week so far getting ready for kids to come back, the custodians left my room in a complete clusterfvck! yes slightly cleaner than when I left, but it has taken me an hour and a half just to put equipment and tables back where they belong. I haven't even started putting supplies away:dead:

It is our county park's bike fest this week, and Sunday I am supposed to lead an advanced ride at 11am on some of the trails in my local park including the 3 miles of trail Manhattan and I built. then after that, I have to bolt over and ride another park with the DirtRag crew! I think I am going to be dead!:dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Graphics said:
Both...the friend is a girl and the car belonged to her and her fiance. :love: (perhaps a 3some would work here :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: )
Man, you're like 40'ish and you talk like this. Yikes!!

Are you usually like this or are you rebelling against the situation you're in with your X?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
I know, sometimes it just amazes me when people are so forward with their ignorance.

I mean, I can see someone not being able to tell the difference between Eastern people. But you know they look different. You know people can tell them apart. So why would you speak up with a comment like that? :rolleyes:
You know you're in The South right? Eductation ranks below both Monster trucks and kenny chesney.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
splat said:
Morning

I'm Up in NH at my In-laws. we are leaving here ia Little , Meeting IAB and MBC at KT for an after Lunch ride , then on to trout river for Pizza and Beer !

O baby !!!

<----JEALOUS!!! :mumble:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
binary visions said:
'morning everyone.

you're still in North Carolina, right? :D

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
stosh said:
Man, you're like 40'ish and you talk like this. Yikes!!

Are you usually like this or are you rebelling against the situation you're in with your X?

I'm just teasing. :love: You're not gonna get all psychological on me are you? Just havin some fun. :love: After all...it IS Friday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Graphics said:
I'm just teasing. :love: You're not gonna get all psychological on me are you? Just havin some fun. :love: After all...it IS Friday.
It's to early to talk about things like that... :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
you young-en's
We were out at the bars last night and I realized then that I'm getting old. I also realized that women are wearing less and less clothes.

binary visions said:
...someone not being able to tell the difference between [xxx] people. But you know they look different. You know people can tell them apart. So why would you speak up with a comment like that? :rolleyes:
Lotsa levels there.

Part of it's structural in the way we process information. The first time you look at turtles, bicycles or rocks, it's hard to distinguish between different specimens. If you grow up in a community with a fairly uniform physiognomy, the first time you see a set of people with different average facial structure, you in fact percieve them alike until you learn to distinguish.

Speaking up? Better one should speak up and learn than to remain silent and ignorant.

J

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Graphics said:
Both...the friend is a girl and the car belonged to her and her fiance. :love: (perhaps a 3some would work here :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: )
wow, and it only took till post #13 till a perfectly good GMT gets derailed by Graphics.

I believe you are what we call "Mile-oway"

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
johnbryanpeters said:
Lotsa levels there.

Part of it's structural in the way we process information. The first time you look at turtles, bicycles or rocks, it's hard to distinguish between different specimens. If you grow up in a community with a fairly uniform physiognomy, the first time you see a set of people with different average facial structure, you in fact percieve them alike until you learn to distinguish.

Speaking up? Better one should speak up and learn than to remain silent and ignorant.

J
well put. It isn't the ignorant we have to really worry about (they can be educated) it is those in the know that still make inflamatory comments, that we must (find and kill) worry about!

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! Not a whole lot here. My house is all framed out and it's supposed to be 95 and sunny all weekend! :weee: Tonight probably going out for a drink after work to celebrate my idiot of a coworker leaving... that was a blessing to find out this week! She defines obnoxious.

Stosh, I agree... girls need to start putting on some damn clothes. I saw a girl walking around bv's campus last week that looked like she just got off a pole. I think 'classy' is not a word people understand anymore.

Greyhound: Do you say "do what?" Just curious. One of those southern things that drives me more and more crazy by the minute, probably because the aforementioned stupid coworker says it, and with a redneckish twang.

Have a good weekend, everyone! :)