Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
antimony said:
Stosh, I agree... girls need to start putting on some damn clothes. I saw a girl walking around bv's campus last week that looked like she just got off a pole. I think 'classy' is not a word people understand anymore.

Greyhound: Do you say "do what?" Just curious. One of those southern things that drives me more and more crazy by the minute, probably because the aforementioned stupid coworker says it, and with a redneckish twang.
:)

It probably sounds better if you say it with a nasal, Yankee-tone. :)

That's Greenville in the summer for ya, Jen. Scantily clad and country as a turnip green.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Greyhound said:
Easy there, tiger.......we're not ALL that stupid.

Just like not every person from the north is an arrogant prick. :)
Thats what we're known for? Prickiness? I thought it was for sophistication and drinking Cosmos.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Easy there, tiger.......we're not ALL that stupid.

Just like not every person from the north is an arrogant prick. :)
Actually... you're right.... we are!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh, :monkey:s

I took apart my rear hub last night to try to diagnose a mechanical problem I had during Wednesday's ride. I assumed the pawls were sticking and just needed some fresh grease/lube. Nope - in fact the pawls were broken. Rather than having 2 pairs of them, I had about 10 fragments of pawls. And lucky me... they managed to damage the pawl carrier as well.

I'm going to call DT Swiss and see if it is a warranty issue or not. We'll see what they have to say. It's only about $20 in parts so it's not a big deal... just seems like an odd part to have break.

I also spent some time overhauling a couple of bikes. My cousin wants to get into riding, so I'm taking parts from a variety of bikes to make something worth riding. It'll be a good starter bike for him and a loaner bike for me. It's an old Mongoose Pro hardtail from 2000, or there abouts. Will have a deore drivetrain (including deore hollowtechs), RS Jett fork, el-cheapo wheels and whatever tires I have laying around. Fancy? No. Reliable? Yes (or so I think).

It's supposed to rain all weekend, so I doubt I'll do much. My father is in town from AZ, so I might try to catch up with him on Saturday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
:rofl: you're on fire today, man!

Where'd you go out last night and who'd ya hear? I stayed in and cleaned the house.
We saw Live Society at Gullys.

I realised why I hate "The Waterfront" but I also thought of how much I enjoyed it down by the water.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
:rofl:

anything goes in GMT.
Agreed!!!

I almost forgot to mention that I will now be the proud owner of a 1980 Schwinn Tandom!!

My Aunt is giving it to us, I haven't seen it yet but I will tonight.

She also mentioned my uncle has a Ti road bike from the 80's he's willing to donate to me. :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Agreed!!!

I almost forgot to mention that I will now be the proud owner of a 1980 Schwinn Tandom!!

My Aunt is giving it to us, I haven't seen it yet but I will tonight.

She also mentioned my uncle has a Ti road bike from the 80's he's willing to donate to me. :)
Nice! :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Graphics said:
Isn't it too early for thoughts like that? :rofl: :love:
I meant dirty like the feeling you have going to the county fair or something.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

So many bikes out this morning, so many idiot drivers on the commute. I am still in a terrible mood from the drive to work. Freeways (oxymoron) suck! I should be out riding today myself.

On tap for the weekend, going to check out some new trails out Fountain Hills way Saturday morning. Sunday looks to be a road ride out toward Maricopa. Just saw that The Brian Jonestown Massacre in going to be in town 9/19, think I'll pursue some tickets for that one.

Have a good weekend...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Then give it to me... I'm not ashamed.
I'm thinking for the times we go on trips to see family and such a road bike wouldn't be such a bad idea. They are light, I need less gear and I can ride when-ever we go somewhere. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
that's what your cruiser is for...

I'll trade ya some speedies for it, if it will fit me ;)
Which cruiser?

I may be getting rid of the Typhoon.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
jacksonpt said:
that's what your cruiser is for...

I'll trade ya some speedies for it, if it will fit me ;)
mmmmm! speedies!!!! you are talking that delectible treat I have only found in upstate NY region arent you?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
I'm thinking for the times we go on trips to see family and such a road bike wouldn't be such a bad idea. They are light, I need less gear and I can ride when-ever we go somewhere. :)
Ha! We're breakin' ya down!

Now you and Rob can go shopping for spandex together :love: ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Where's that? I'm assuming you're talking about the Hudson.
Yeah it's an old barge on the hudson they converted to a bar/rest.

It's down by Torches.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
McGRP01 said:

HAHAHA i would LOVE that costume. I need to get my hands on one for Diabloween!@!!!

the costume i speak of is the corporate america business casual. For anyone who has ever met me IRL, you know I am not a business casual kind of person.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Ha! We're breakin' ya down!

Now you and Rob can go shopping for spandex together :love: ;)
Actually we've already done that a few times. He said you wouldn't mind.