Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Another rainy day here in NY. I'm heading out to a site this morning so I'm posting the GMT from home.

Tomorrow we're going to a local winery for some lobster and wine should be... um... fun...

Other than that not to much going on.

Hope ya all have a great day and a great weekend!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Just another typical day at work... I plan on wasting a lot of time, getting just enough done to keep the higher ups happy. Tonight I am heading to Syracuse with a buddy for some grub at the Dinosaur BBQ - they have the best steak!

Not much on for tomorrow, Sunday I am driving to Ithaca to buy a used home gym. The weekend is supposed to be beautiful, so hopefully I'll get in a ride or two. I haven't been on my bike in a week :dead:

T23

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
Morning all from the west coast. Did a little trail building last night, but not much else.......yum lobster..

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi everyone!

Took an epic nap after work yesterday.......awesomeness. Woke up because I was hot---come to find out it was the dog sprawled out across me, giving me "the lean" --letting me know he's gotta get out for a bathroom break.

Went out for pizza and beer.

Hoping to ride a bit this afternoon. Supposed to be beuatiful here all weekend with temps in the low 80's. :happydance:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all....

stosh... enjoy the wine and lobster...

splat... send my congrats to the birthday boy, did you get him anything cool, like another pimped out homebuilt chopper or maybe a 20" "tall bike"?

Doug have a great time... I know you are itch'n to ride, have fun and stay safe...and drink one for me!

Jackson, sounds like a packed weekend... Mmmm.... :drool: Dino BBQ... teh winner!

T23, welcome, shoot some pics of your trail... trail building is good :thumb:

For me... I missed out on (take your pick of things I was invited to this weekend... I would have had a hard time picking)
1. going to Diablo
2. going camping and riding at the Rattling Creek rally, in Harrisburg Pa.
or 3. Going to Snowshoe
all because Bek scheduled her friends stupid batchelorette party for Sat. Night and I have to watch Emma.

well, I am a little nervous but I found an XC race only an Hour from me, and was thinking since all my friends ar gone, I might as well try it... I am not a racer so, I am a little nervous.

any tips for things I should eat/drink tonight to get my energy for the race tomorrow?

splat

Nam I am
well, I am a little nervous but I found an XC race only an Hour from me, and was thinking since all my friends ar gone, I might as well try it... I am not a racer so, I am a little nervous.

any tips for things I should eat/drink tonight to get my energy for the race tomorrow?
do it !! Enjoy your self , get lots of scwag, prepare the same as you would for epic XC ride. , pasta , and lots of fluid.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Sat around last night and loaded up the iPod with all kinds of new music.

Tomorrow morning doing a Desert Classic ride at South Mountain. Sunday, astonishingly enough, is still wide open with options.

Enjoy your Grand day splat, and everyone have a great weekend.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
do it !

And you are one fast mofo so nothing to worry about
thanks doug... that means a lot coming from you!

I do have to say that when I was at Monkeyfest, Manhattan, Pallila, and Paul Stahl went to a race. These are all the guys I ride with pretty regularly (when Pallila is in town). Pallila got 1st and Manhattan 2nd, in their age group, Paul got 2nd or 3rd in his age group... Most of us aren't racers, but like riding fast....

I guess here goes nothing!:cheers:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all.

Picking up the pre owned Suburu today. Back is healing, albiet slowly...Wish I could hit the Mt. Snow race but have to sit it out so I can hit the last 2 Platty races...(MBC, you should race those, they have been using the same sport course all year and it's relatively easy, in fact probably easier than the Mt. Snow course!).

Saturday is test day, then Sunday will be filled with fixing up dh bikes and stripping a friends' bike down so he can paint it primer black (moving to Brooklyn & he needs a crappy/non-flashy commuter bike).

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Yo all.

Wish I could hit the Mt. Snow race but have to sit it out so I can hit the last 2 Platty races...(MBC, you should race those, they have been using the same sport course all year and it's relatively easy, in fact probably easier than the Mt. Snow course!).
same course??? wow...not sure if I'd like that.

when I raced there, every race the course would be different

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Mornin' :stosh:, it's my Friday. It's been a hell of a morning. Woke up to pissing rain and found the usual water in the basement. The new twist is we have water dripping from the ceiling; I think it has to do with a leak around the chimney. F'ing great. The dog didn't want to go to the bathroom and I'm sure we'll have a present when we come home. Saw a dead deer on the drive in to work.

Not to mention my neighbor told me we had a visit from the local police department while we were both in Vermont.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
same course??? wow...not sure if I'd like that.

when I raced there, every race the course would be different
They have made minor tweaks to each course, but not much. Platty lost their main race course designer so it's been a few different people who mostly concentrate on the pro/expert courses. I also think Platty is trying to push sport class riders to "move out" of that class as there are a LOT of sandbaggers who hang there for years and years, despite winning the series the year (and more) prior. This is why I promised myself 1 year in sport then onwards to get my ass kicked by the likes of FTW, etc. in 40+ Expert. Most of my competitors have been in 40+ sport for years...

The same course does have some benefits, though - it's good for beginner riders to get into DH'ing and it helps sport riders get used to riding fast. That's what I've been concentrating on (hence plowing into a large piece of shale at high speed...). The course has some Platty classics - shale jumps galore, fast straightaways, log rollovers, tight turns, moving /flying shale and small drops (with go arounds).

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

Nope, it's pretty much too late for that. Just don't eat anything funky that could upset your stomach. Throw some extra carbs in for good measure and drink a lot....of water!

Good luck dude.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Nope, it's pretty much too late for that. Just don't eat anything funky that could upset your stomach. Through some extra carbs in for good measure and drink a lot....of water!

Good luck dude.
right on... I have been riding fairly strong this year, and even when I was hurting pretty bad (sick from something I ate and couldn't eat anything) at Monkeyfest, I still was able to pedal albeit not as fast as Jrodgers, Douglas, and the french connection... I still felt pretty good on the bike.

I always feel nervous, and a lot of times have an upset stomach (sometimes too sick to eat) before a big ride etc. that is one reason I don't race! is this normal? or just something I have to force myself into getting over?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
right on... I have been riding fairly strong this year, and even when I was hurting pretty bad (sick from something I ate and couldn't eat anything) at Monkeyfest, I still was able to pedal albeit not as fast as Jrodgers, Douglas, and the french connection... I still felt pretty good on the bike.

I always feel nervous, and a lot of times have an upset stomach (sometimes too sick to eat) before a big ride etc. that is one reason I don't race! is this normal? or just something I have to force myself into getting over?
pre race jitters/nervousness can be tough, and can easily affect the stomach - I'd say I am now 95% jitter/nervous free.

What part of the ride/race makes you nervous?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Totally normal, after all my years of racing and the multitude of events I did, I was ALWAYS nervous...even if I KNEW I could win!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I'm the same way dude...
good to know I am not the only one! are you getting over it?

splat said:
I never herd Deyv and Jozz reffered to as that But I like it it!
I can not take full responsibility for that label, but I will perpetuate its use! :biggrin:

douglas said:
pre race jitters/nervousness can be tough, and can easily affect the stomach - I'd say I am now 95% jitter/nervous free.

What part of the ride/race makes you nervous?..
well, I haven't competed in a race in years, and although I don't race any time you put a group of people together there will be some competetive action.... for the same reason I want to know how I stack up... I don't wanna know...

pluss I know that my category will most likely be STACKED with fast @ss riders.... 30-39 (some of the fastest riders I know are in this category)

add in not knowing if I am healthy enough to ride it, and prepared enough to ride it fast and last the whole time!

(one of the last races I did I spent 2 and a half months off the bike trying to figure out what was wrong with my knee... it ended up being my hips... I had a little "get off" taking a rough line in a rock garden while trying to pass a slower rider!)

Heidi said:
Totally normal, after all my years of racing and the multitude of events I did, I was ALWAYS nervous...even if I KNEW I could win!...
that is reasuring!

thank you all...

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Morning everyone, congrats on making it through yet another week. I'm in the office for a three-quarter day today. A buddy is picking me up and we're going on a some-what impromptu backpack trip tonight.

That's about it for me. Hope y'all enjoy your weekends...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
well, I haven't competed in a race in years, and although I don't race any time you put a group of people together there will be some competetive action.... for the same reason I want to know how I stack up... I don't wanna know...

pluss I know that my category will most likely be STACKED with fast @ss riders.... 30-39 (some of the fastest riders I know are in this category)

add in not knowing if I am healthy enough to ride it, and prepared enough to ride it fast and last the whole time!
just ride your race, have fun - it will be all good.....and if you make the podium, thats just an added bonus

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Have a good weekend everyone!
Weather here is finally starting to cool a little, and last night was was nice, not the usual 100+ degree easy bake oven.