Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all....

stosh... enjoy the wine and lobster...

splat... send my congrats to the birthday boy, did you get him anything cool, like another pimped out homebuilt chopper or maybe a 20" "tall bike"?

Doug have a great time... I know you are itch'n to ride, have fun and stay safe...and drink one for me!

Jackson, sounds like a packed weekend... Mmmm.... :drool: Dino BBQ... teh winner!

T23, welcome, shoot some pics of your trail... trail building is good :thumb:

For me... I missed out on (take your pick of things I was invited to this weekend... I would have had a hard time picking)
1. going to Diablo
2. going camping and riding at the Rattling Creek rally, in Harrisburg Pa.
or 3. Going to Snowshoe
all because Bek scheduled her friends stupid batchelorette party for Sat. Night and I have to watch Emma.

well, I am a little nervous but I found an XC race only an Hour from me, and was thinking since all my friends ar gone, I might as well try it... I am not a racer so, I am a little nervous.

any tips for things I should eat/drink tonight to get my energy for the race tomorrow?

Hello -- you were hanging with the "Super Crazy Fast Guys" (that race) at Monkeyfest! You should do it!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all! Syd's got a cold so it was a tough night. :( Especially because I was hoping to get some MUCH needed sleep. Oh well. Got a lot of stuff packed for this weekend. I am SO anxious and blessed with a TON of support. I know that I am not nearly as ready as I would have been last year at this time, but I am resolved to go, ride, and not DNF!

Tonight it's relax, hydrate, sleep and get up early to head to the races!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Yo all.

Picking up the pre owned Suburu today. Back is healing, albiet slowly...Wish I could hit the Mt. Snow race but have to sit it out so I can hit the last 2 Platty races...(MBC, you should race those, they have been using the same sport course all year and it's relatively easy, in fact probably easier than the Mt. Snow course!).

Saturday is test day, then Sunday will be filled with fixing up dh bikes and stripping a friends' bike down so he can paint it primer black (moving to Brooklyn & he needs a crappy/non-flashy commuter bike).
Definte "relatively easy" in terms of the P-kill course :brow:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning all! Syd's got a cold so it was a tough night. :( Especially because I was hoping to get some MUCH needed sleep. Oh well. Got a lot of stuff packed for this weekend. I am SO anxious and blessed with a TON of support. I know that I am not nearly as ready as I would have been last year at this time, but I am resolved to go, ride, and not DNF!

Tonight it's relax, hydrate, sleep and get up early to head to the races!
Are you going to Mt. Snow also , Treesaw? Or are you doin' the xc thang?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I am starting to wish ;) XC thing this weekend....my first solo 24 :bonk:

T... YOU ARE DOING a 24 solo? for real? are you kidding? I don't know if there are enough training days in a lifetime to get me ready for a 24... I am freaked to just race a 15 mile xc race... :biggrin:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
That's the point!!! HAVE FUN!!! Oh, and eat some protein. I find that I get much more energy from protein than carbs lately.
I think I will make some grilled chicken to put in with my pasta!:biggrin:

PS... thanks for the confidence boost... (those guys at Monkeyfest are damn fast! I wish I was feeling as good during the Saturday ride with all the fast M'Fers, as I did on the Sunday ride with those fast M'Fers!:biggrin: by the end of Saturday, I was seriously bonking! I was trying everything I could to keep pedaling, and tried to conserve energy at every stop...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Definte "relatively easy" in terms of the P-kill course :brow:
Hmmmm, here goes: singletrack to a 3 foot drop (with go around to left), sweeping left turn and over a 12" log , over a roller rock, the UPHILL singletrack for 25 feet to access road. Access road to a hard left singletrack: there are shale slab jumps set up on smooth singletrack with go arounds this part is fast and fun!; wide sweeping right turn to log pile jump to tight left turn to more smooth singletrack with shale jumps; Hard left into the woods over a small root ball to YET ANOTHER UPHILL! clumb across ski slope to singletrack, go under lift to drainage ditch dips , across another slope to singletrack with a roll in, loose shale, log jump, tight rurn to another drainage dip onto access road to the finish...

Or something like that!

and...GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SOLO RACE, TREESAW!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Apparently Max was outside barking from midnight to 2 am one night keeping the neighbors up. I'm still trying to figure out why Max was outside from midnight to 2 am.

Which race is this weekend?
I thought the local police only responded to gunshots??

The race is in Woodstock (Wilson State Park). We're going to try to pre-ride it tomorrow.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
That's the point!!! HAVE FUN!!! Oh, and eat some protein. I find that I get much more energy from protein than carbs lately.
I find the same thing. I've noticed that by eating more protein in my diet, I have more energy and also lost a little weight. I've also started taking CoQ10 and some more antioxidants to help my body recover from long, hard efforts.

Anyway....good luck, Theresa!! That's awesome:biggrin:

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Today has been horrible, I was looking to sleep in since I dont have school today. And I have to wake up to some huge diesel truck just idiling outside my house for no reason. Its some kind of vacum truck and It is super loud, beyond that there is someone chainsawing their tree down which is very annoying, and now that I am up there is someone doing hotlaps on their dirtbike, and I have a job interview in 2 hours, arg

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
T... YOU ARE DOING a 24 solo? for real? are you kidding? I don't know if there are enough training days in a lifetime to get me ready for a 24... I am freaked to just race a 15 mile xc race... :biggrin:

Heidi said:
Sweet! Good luck and have fun.
jacksonpt said:
holy bejeezus :dead: good luck :thumb:
Jim Mac said:
...snip...and...GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SOLO RACE, TREESAW!
THANKS everyone! I am really doing this for myself and not necessarily to be competative at this point. I made a New Year's Resolution (when I was insane, pregnant and missing riding my bike) that I was going to do a solo 24 this year and I am sticking to it. My goals are simple, ride when I feel like it, rest when I need to and finish. If I do well then that's great and if I finish last, I will still feel good about being a rippn' mom.

I will be sure to have a full race report with pics up to document my adventure!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Hmmmm, here goes: singletrack to a 3 foot drop (with go around to left), sweeping left turn and over a 12" log , over a roller rock, the UPHILL singletrack for 25 feet to access road. Access road to a hard left singletrack: there are shale slab jumps set up on smooth singletrack with go arounds this part is fast and fun!; wide sweeping right turn to log pile jump to tight left turn to more smooth singletrack with shale jumps; Hard left into the woods over a small root ball to YET ANOTHER UPHILL! clumb across ski slope to singletrack, go under lift to drainage ditch dips , across another slope to singletrack with a roll in, loose shale, log jump, tight rurn to another drainage dip onto access road to the finish...

Or something like that!

and...GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SOLO RACE, TREESAW!
Sounds like an interesting course. When are these final 2 races? I may have to make a guest appearance for one.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
THANKS everyone! I am really doing this for myself and not necessarily to be competative at this point. I made a New Year's Resolution (when I was insane, pregnant and missing riding my bike) that I was going to do a solo 24 this year and I am sticking to it. My goals are simple, ride when I feel like it, rest when I need to and finish. If I do well then that's great and if I finish last, I will still feel good about being a rippn' mom.

I will be sure to have a full race report with pics up to document my adventure!!!
RIGHT THE F ON!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys!!

to all those who are racing..best of luck
to all those drinking!!!! have a few for me!!

Im heading up to ballston lake tommorow morning for a birthday party and staying the night...I plan on bringng my bike soo if any of you Northern NY'ers know of a spot I should ride.. please let me know

Have a great day

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
THANKS everyone! I made a New Year's Resolution (when I was insane, pregnant and missing riding my bike) that I was going to do a solo 24 this year and I am sticking to it. My goals are simple, ride when I feel like it, rest when I need to and finish. If I do well then that's great and if I finish last, I will still feel good about being a rippn' mom.
Your daughter really has a great role model:biggrin:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Treesaw, I seriously wish you all the best in your solo 24 this weekend! I wish I could be there with ya. I know sq-earl will take care of you, or at the very least he will drink all the beer.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Treesaw, I seriously wish you all the best in your solo 24 this weekend! I wish I could be there with ya. I know sq-earl will take care of you, or at the very least he will drink all the beer.
Thanks....have fun lookin' at boobies n' stuff (if you're going to Jakes' stag party -- if not, have fun thinking about it) :biggrin:

stosh said:
Good luck!!

To bad crazy bob isn't going to be there with his Cow Bell.
Maybe I should bring one along from Sq-Earl & Doug to ring when they're all drunk and stupid at 2am!