Quantcast

~~~Good Friday Morning!!~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody?

So every Friday before work I go to my "happy place". There is this little greasy spoon on the way to work that I stop at and get breakfast. I've never had a bad day there. Everybody knows everybody who comes in, it's great! They make the best eggs and homefries too. Man that was a good breakfast. It wasn't no Carnation Instant breakfast but it will have to do.

So this weekend I'll be helping my parents with a garage sale that part sucks but it's the whole section of town where they live so I'm looking for some furniture I'm hoping someone might be selling.

What's everybody else got planned?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - I got my hair cut and rode the W. Hartford Reservoir last night. then had some post ride dinner and brews at Murphy's and Scarlettis and then ended up hanging out there till about 12:30.

There was a band playing and they were pretty decent and I just felt like hangin out there.

We get out early today and I will be coaching T-Ball and Baseball this weekend and getting some bikey rides in.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make Douglas' big BBQ though. :(

V

Vermont

We had a great ride last night here in Vermont...about 8 of us did2 1/2 hours of single track..wasn't too muddy believe it or not but the misquito's are bad in spots...no mechanicals and no big blood (couple of scratches) it was a blast. Any of you guys going to Kingdom Trails or MT Snow?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
lockemiester said:
Morning :stosh:

I'm bagged today. I'll be dragin' my a** around all day I'm sure. Hell, I'm having a hard enough time just typing this...

Yeah, me too! I've got the strangest headache, what's your excuse?

V

Vermont

we had 2 mud hunny's along...one is a killer downhiller beats most of the guys and the other is a killer climber. on the ride last nite we came on a bridge about 20' long made out of 2 2x12" ridin it was a blast...they would bow under you as you crossed a couple of the guys walked it ...was friggin hilarious...have a great day all

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning all!

Had a nice training ride last night with squirrel. Then BBQ with the company (up for the big Americade Motorcycle festival).

Today I am doing paperwork, report cards and picking up instruments and driving them around to my other schools.

This weekend should be fun. Giong out to dinner with family tonight and tomorrow it's a training ride in the AM and a BBQ at Douglas (sorry you can't make it MMcG...we were looking forward to meeting you).

Sunday it another training ride and laundry!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Morning everyone.

Got a BBQ with an old high school friend tonight. Taking a half day at work today. Got all my stupid Oracle validations done yesterday just in time - 10 minutes after I finished, the environment came crashing down because of a dumbass in QA. Found out I'll get my review (and hopefully my raise :D ) a month earlier this year.

All in all, a good day! :thumb:

Any of you guys going to Mt. Snow next week?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all. Tomorrow I'm having 15 tons of 1.5" river rock delivered, then I'll be spending the rest of the day spreading it over 1500 sq ft. Should be fun :rolleyes:

Hoping to ride on Sunday. Wife's given the go-ahead for an early afternoon ride, so I need to see if I can round up some homies. Then, one of Steph's co-workers is moving away, so there's an evening bbq/party for him and his family. That should be fun.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
was that mudhunny waitress there??

re: party >Boo Hiss !

Oh well, one less sausage!!
Yes she was there - but I didn't really get a chance to talk to her.

I am bummed that I'm missing your BBQ - but time with my kids is precious.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Mornin all. Tomorrow I'm having 15 tons of 1.5" river rock delivered, then I'll be spending the rest of the day spreading it over 1500 sq ft. Should be fun :rolleyes:

Hoping to ride on Sunday. Wife's given the go-ahead for an early afternoon ride, so I need to see if I can round up some homies. Then, one of Steph's co-workers is moving away, so there's an evening bbq/party for him and his family. That should be fun.

Our driveway is river rock as well. I really like it but plowing it sucks because it rolls off the driveway easily.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
stosh said:
Our driveway is river rock as well. I really like it but plowing it sucks because it rolls off the driveway easily.
My parent's driveway is rock as well. In the winter time, we wouldn't even attempt to shovel it. Just throw down a sh*tload of salt and watch it melt away.

And I love my greasy spoon that's down the street. Pete's Kitchen. Best breakfast ever.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
My parent's driveway is rock as well. In the winter time, we wouldn't even attempt to shovel it. Just throw down a sh*tload of salt and watch it melt away.

And I love my greasy spoon that's down the street. Pete's Kitchen. Best breakfast ever.

Damn we don't use any salt, they usually don't go all the way to the bottom, they leave a thin layer of snow....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Nah, just training to survive a ride with Echo on his new singlespeed ;)

I'm glad I only have 2 bikes, I feel bad enough when I take on out and leave the other at home...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
I'm glad I only have 2 bikes, I feel bad enough when I take on out and leave the other at home...
Yeah, I am starting to feel that way too. I haev a nice XC bike, a Freeride bike, a DH bike and my old bike that I only ride on the trainer or on the road in the winter.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin... er... afternoon Stosh

Enjoying the day off?

Oh, wait... that's right...

Just got back from a few hours on the water. Took my fishing gear and my kayak up to the local reservoir for some paddling/fishing. Caught some nice bass, paddled around quite a bit - had a good time.

This afternoon we are going to do some house stuff, so it looks like riding is nixed from the day's schedule. Definitely tomorrow though.

That's about it... now back to your regularly scheduled program...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin... er... afternoon Stosh

Enjoying the day off?

Oh, wait... that's right...

Just got back from a few hours on the water. Took my fishing gear and my kayak up to the local reservoir for some paddling/fishing. Caught some nice bass, paddled around quite a bit - had a good time.

This afternoon we are going to do some house stuff, so it looks like riding is nixed from the day's schedule. Definitely tomorrow though.

That's about it... now back to your regularly scheduled program...

You get the ticket I sent you yet?