Quantcast

~~Good Friday the 13th Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
HOw is everybody today?

I should have a short day at work today. I have a meeting at 1pm and a business lunch before it. Should be a nice easy day!!!

What's everybody got on tap for the weekend? I think I'm going to do some oil changes on my vehicles tomorrow. Then Sunday Beth and Rob are coming over to build up thier new frames!

Hope ya all have a great day!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
HRm.

It is friday the 13th. Good day for a 250 mile drive.

Not much today. Signed in to class and left to get ready to travel for the holiday weekend. I'll be downstate with Beth for a couple days enjoying myself.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I too have a short day today. My Elementary students are finishing up their ELA exams and then there is an assembly in the afternoon so I am taking a half day and heading to the Dr. for an ultrasound to see how big our little baby girl is these days. Then, Sq-Earl and I might go out on a date (dinner & a movie) or something. We've been talking about getting a new sofa (leather sectional or perhaps a sofa & loveseat combo) and we need to get a new dryer so those are also on the Things to do list and we may just end up checking those things out tonight/this weekend instead.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
robdamanii said:
HRm.

It is friday the 13th. Good day for a 250 mile drive.

Not much today. Signed in to class and left to get ready to travel for the holiday weekend. I'll be downstate with Beth for a couple days enjoying myself.
BWAAAHHHH...nice new avatar! :p

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
TreeSaw said:
I too have a short day today. My Elementary students are finishing up their ELA exams and then there is an assembly in the afternoon so I am taking a half day and heading to the Dr. for an ultrasound to see how big our little baby girl is these days. Then, Sq-Earl and I might go out on a date (dinner & a movie) or something. We've been talking about getting a new sofa (leather sectional or perhaps a sofa & loveseat combo) and we need to get a new dryer so those are also on the Things to do list and we may just end up checking those things out tonight/this weekend instead.

Cool. You might want to look at a whirlpool duet dryer, pricy but has awesome features. It has a moisture sensor so your clothing always comes out dry, but not cooked.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Good Morning everyone. I only have class until 2 today instead of 6. My mother in law is in town so I'm finding every excuse to get out of the house. Maybe I'll follow jacksonpt's idea of a night ride. and then an all day epic both saturday and sunday.....just to be out. have a great day stosh!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Reactor said:
Cool. You might want to look at a whirlpool duet dryer, pricy but has awesome features. It has a moisture sensor so your clothing always comes out dry, but not cooked.
Sweet! That's one that my husband wants to look at. We have a Whirlpool washer and like it. I don't know the model but it's about a yearl and a half old and now we're kicking ourselves because we didn't buy both at the same time. We're also going to get a gas/propane one that's what our house is all hooked up for.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. No skiing this weekend, breaking our streak of seven consecutive weekends of skiing. :( Oh well. We've got an MBC office party to attend Saturday night, and she has a meeting she has to attend Sunday. No big deal....this is a blackout weekend on our season passes anyway.

Lots of running around this weekend, and I'm looking forward to NFL playoff action. :) I'll just be glad to not work. This week has been insane.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Morning everyone. Pretty happy that the weekend is finally here. Should be a good football weekend, and I think Jenn and I are going to hit up the liquor store tonight and the hot tub after a few drinks :D

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys!!
Friday the 13th .. oneof the most lucky days one could have!!! it going to be a great day.
well the pain in my lowr region has gone away..so that is a good thing, but i was tad uncomfortable riding in this morning.
i totally forgot i have monday off so now I am very happy.
Jackson: have fun tonight! its going to be an adventure!!!!
going out tonight with a few friends to crobar in NYC... its going to be a late night!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Aubrey just got done with her ELA testing.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
Have fun! I love night riding!!!
Will do... I can't wait. I was out in my yard walking around with my helmet/light on last night. I was impressed without light it was (counldn't feel it up there) and bright. Be interesting to see how bright it is when I'm bombing down a trail.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
hooples3 said:
Jackson: have fun tonight! its going to be an adventure!!!!
I wanted to get out last night... the full moon was bright enough that if anything happened with the light, I could see well enough to ride back to the trailhead. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the battery charged in time.

Tonight will be a solo ride, so I can poke around as much as I need until I get the feel for things and get the light aimed properly.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
jacksonpt said:
Will do... I can't wait. I was out in my yard walking around with my helmet/light on last night. I was impressed without light it was (counldn't feel it up there) and bright. Be interesting to see how bright it is when I'm bombing down a trail.
you went with the Light&Motion right??? that must be sweet.. where did you purchase it from??

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Happy Friday the 13th all! My department is having a free pizza lunch today, and I'll probably be leaving early to catch some 76 degree, afternoon sun and warmth! Did I mention I love the south? :D

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
jacksonpt said:
I wanted to get out last night... the full moon was bright enough that if anything happened with the light, I could see well enough to ride back to the trailhead. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the battery charged in time.

Tonight will be a solo ride, so I can poke around as much as I need until I get the feel for things and get the light aimed properly.
always bring a small flashlight.. <minimag> just in case!!!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
hooples3 said:
you went with the Light&Motion right??? that must be sweet.. where did you purchase it from??
Yea... the L&M Solo (wanted to stay cheap since I'm not sure just how much use it will get). I ended up ordering it from Speedgoat for $120 shipped.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
That must have been funny seeing some guy walking around his yard with a light and a bike helmet on.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
That must have been funny seeing some guy walking around his yard with a light and a bike helmet on.
duh... it was dark out... no one could see me... it was just a floating light moving around the yard. Probably looked like a flashlight - a REALLY bright flashlight.

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. No skiing this weekend, breaking our streak of seven consecutive weekends of skiing. :( Oh well. We've got an MBC office party to attend Saturday night, and she has a meeting she has to attend Sunday. No big deal....this is a blackout weekend on our season passes anyway.

Lots of running around this weekend, and I'm looking forward to NFL playoff action. :) I'll just be glad to not work. This week has been insane.
Since your not skiing , up for a ride ?
what is the snow pack in your neck of the wood , ours is almost all gone.

not much going on here today , is going to be another nice day , so I am going to get another lunch ride in. wooo miles for lunch. who else has monday off ?

splat

Nam I am
jacksonpt said:
Yea... the L&M Solo (wanted to stay cheap since I'm not sure just how much use it will get). I ended up ordering it from Speedgoat for $120 shipped.

cool , Slomojo has that set up , it has worked very well for him. couple things , he found carrying a spare replacement bulb was a really good idea. and as was said before , always carry a flash light ( or another riding buddy )

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
having a family party at my crib tomorrow = cleaning & shopping tonight

I went to my friend deb's dads wake yesterday......they had him in a guiness sweater (they're a proud to be irish family!)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
splat said:
cool , Slomojo has that set up , it has worked very well for him. couple things , he found carrying a spare replacement bulb was a really good idea. and as was said before , always carry a flash light ( or another riding buddy )
Yea... I gotta get my hands on a spare bulb before I get too into this. Also going to start carrying a few more zip ties with me on night rides, just in case the mount breaks.

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
stosh said:
HOw is everybody today?

I should have a short day at work today. I have a meeting at 1pm and a business lunch before it. Should be a nice easy day!!!

What's everybody got on tap for the weekend? I think I'm going to do some oil changes on my vehicles tomorrow. Then Sunday Beth and Rob are coming over to build up thier new frames!

Hope ya all have a great day!
stosh let mw know if you guys need anything for the builds,I will be around untill 5pm on sunday then I go to work.

Phil

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Morning `yall

Went skiing last night.... something out 50 deg's and corn snow does not seem right for F`ing January. But it was fun.

Its gunna be a busy day at the office today, so I am lying low for a few hours untill the ups guys gets here with my new toys.

And I got new shoes yesterday. I really need to quit spending money.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Andy_B said:
Morning `yall

Went skiing last night.... something out 50 deg's and corn snow does not seem right for F`ing January. But it was fun.

Its gunna be a busy day at the office today, so I am lying low for a few hours untill the ups guys gets here with my new toys.

And I got new shoes yesterday. I really need to quit spending money.
It's all good! I went moonlight skiing the night before and had a blast.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Draggin' my a$$ back into work early this morning after a 12+ hr. day yesterday. I was hoping to leave by noon but got bagged to cover for another whose job mysteriously becomes my job when they are not around. So much for that idea. Rear wheel for the Epic is done and ready to be picked up at the LBS this afternoon after hub repairs so I'll have another option for the Friday Night Ride tonight. Think I'm going to treat the fellow riders to some Bailey's tonight along with the cervezas. Long weekend-yay!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Trainwreck said:
Good morning,

Draggin' my a$$ back into work early this morning after a 12+ hr. day yesterday. I was hoping to leave by noon but got bagged to cover for another whose job mysteriously becomes my job when they are not around. So much for that idea. Rear wheel for the Epic is done and ready to be picked up at the LBS this afternoon after hub repairs so I'll have another option for the Friday Night Ride tonight. Think I'm going to treat the fellow riders to some Bailey's tonight along with the cervezas. Long weekend-yay!
what do you do at your job?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Trainwreck said:
Systems helpdesk is the primary position among others.
Oh gottcha!
Well good luck at work!
It must be nice to be able to ride today.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - I'm temporarily sharing my office with a part time writer for our dept.

Sharing office space after not sharing it for years, sucks ass. :mumble:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - I'm temporarily sharing my office with a part time writer for our dept.

Sharing office space after not sharing it for years, sucks ass. :mumble:
Wow man that does suck!!!