Quantcast

^^ Good Good Friday Morning^^

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
How are all of you Monkeys today?? I think Stosh is on the road today to spend Easter with his Gramma so I thought I'd get the GMT going for him.

I had a nice dinner with Stosh and his girlfriend last night. They are a very nice couple and good people. We talked about bikes for the most part and then they were on their way back home.

I slipped on some black ice in Laura's driveway last night - fluke accident sort of thing, but I bent my left knee in a way that is not supposed to be bent trying to catch myself from falling and now my knee hurts and the pain is significant. I iced it last night, but the nagging pain is still there. It has me worried. :(

What's on tap for everyone this weekend?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Good morning! I'm off today and getting paid to post in observance of "Spring Holiday", which is my company's P.C. version of Good Friday. Today is my dad's birthday so I gotta go get him a gift and then figure out what to cook him and my mom for dinner as they're coming over tonight. Suggestions? It has to involve red meat. :think:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Good morning! I'm off today and getting paid to post in observance of "Spring Holiday", which is my company's P.C. version of Good Friday. Today is my dad's birthday so I gotta go get him a gift and then figure out what to cook him and my mom for dinner as they're coming over tonight. Suggestions? It has to involve red meat. :think:

Are they not good observant Irish Catholics? It is Good Friday you know. ;)

Red Meat - How about some nice Sirloin Steaks on the Grill with some grilled asparagus, and baked potatos or take some bakers, slice em up so they are like a slinky sort of....add in salt and pepper and sliced onions throw in some butter, wrap in foil and cook em on the Grill! Tasty!!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Watched "Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer" last night....movie quality was pretty bad, actors were bad, story they depicted I want to think was not real :(. It's too frightening to think that there are people like that that exist in the world.

Steve & I went downtown yesterday - he to exchange some jeans, me to locate and purchase another suit. I swear - petite adult clothing sucks bumholes. That and "serious" worker clothes are booorrrring. Just to make my new serious navy blue suit seem not so serious I also bought a white and neon green and bright blue patterned skirt that falls well below my knees!!! So cute!

Okay - so tonight, biking and maybe do some easter egg dying to hide in the new house so my parents find them when we do the move on Sunday.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
MMcG said:
Red Meat - How about some nice Sirloin Steaks on the Grill with some grilled asparagus, and baked potatos or take some bakers, slice em up so they are like a slinky sort of....add in salt and pepper and sliced onions throw in some butter, wrap in foil and cook em on the Grill! Tasty!!
:drool:
Mornin'!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
had our "parent-teacher" evaluation for both kids at their pre-school last night. good to hear that the offspring are doing well. took advantage of a free night out and ate dinner at a nice (only?) french bistro in town. skate w/ port sauce was delicious. wife went w/ the traditional coq au vin.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
McGRP01 said:
It has to involve red meat. :think:

Big Catholics, your parents, huh? :confused:
I say steak. In fact, I could eat a steak right now.

The problem with my steak craving is that my inlaws - who ARE devout Catholics, are coming over tonight, and that means no steak for me.

At least there's no religious prohibition on beer! :D

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
Jr_Bullit said:
Watched "Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer" last night....movie quality was pretty bad, actors were bad, story they depicted I want to think was not real :(. It's too frightening to think that there are people like that that exist in the world.
A good film on that topic is Aileen, the Making of a Serial Killer. It's a documentary about Aileen Wuornos (the woman who Charlize Theron portrayed in Monster) and her final days on death row. Just saw it for a class the other day. Creepy but touching.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning Mark.

I'm stay up in NH for Easter and have my assignments for the weekend done already and hopefully there will be some trail riding going on.

Note this is my 5,600th post.:eek:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Smelly said:
A good film on that topic is Aileen, the Making of a Serial Killer. It's a documentary about Aileen Wuornos (the woman who Charlize Theron portrayed in Monster) and her final days on death row. Just saw it for a class the other day. Creepy but touching.

Ya, we watched that one when it first came out on DVD. It's hard to believe that Charlize Theron and the other girl could Ever look like that!!! They are such amazing actors... :thumb: The movie was worth it for the quality of the acting alone.

J

JRB

Good morning. I think I am going to pick Wumpus up in a bit and take a 2 hour road trip to Tyler State Park.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Have the day off but the skies are threatening rain. Once the green glob on the radar goes by I'm busting out the road bike. Untill then I'm just going to sit here and get amped up on horribly strong coffee.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Next wednesday is supposed to be 60 degrees and sunny. There's a group of roadies here at work that does a training ride after work every Wednesday and they are starting next week. I'm probably in for a major ass whipping, but hopefully my conditioning from Old Pueblo will keep me from getting totally pwn3d :p

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Yossarian said:
I am training my daughter to do that. Last night we had the most success, but I need to stash my beer on a lower shelf in the spare fridge.
Yeah, I'v been trying to train my 6-month old daughter to do the same.
I encountered a problem though.....

Attachments

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
Is that a Brooklyn Brown Ale she's got a hold of there?

Cute baby! :thumb:
Good guess - Brooklyn is my sentimental favorite!
But it's a Double bag that she's guzzling.

Thanks for the compliment - she looks like her dad!

MMcG said:
I slipped on some black ice in Laura's driveway last night - fluke accident sort of thing, but I bent my left knee in a way that is not supposed to be bent trying to catch myself from falling and now my knee hurts and the pain is significant. I iced it last night, but the nagging pain is still there. It has me worried. :(
I think you should sue her.

seriously, is it swollen or just sore?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning everybody. :)

Last night I got the E.13 STS Urban Guide that I won on the RM Raffle installed on my Titan. :D Then I figured it was a good time to reset the shifting so it actually somewhat works. :p

Today I think I'll probably sit around most of the time, watch the csi marathon on spike tv, or setup a trainer that I've inherited. There's not a ton of snow out but it's the really wet snow and I don't feel like riding and risking destroying trails. Tomorrow we're going up to Denver to Dave and Buster's (arcade like place) for my brother's birthday and then Sunday I'm going snowboarding at Vail. :D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
My work gave us the day off (along with pres day) because X-mas and new years fell on weekends. We get 10 days paid off so they pick other .

Its another PNW sunny day and i have to be inside working on floors.... oh well.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
Next wednesday is supposed to be 60 degrees and sunny. There's a group of roadies here at work that does a training ride after work every Wednesday and they are starting next week. I'm probably in for a major ass whipping, but hopefully my conditioning from Old Pueblo will keep me from getting totally pwn3d :p
You riding next weekend....if our snow's gone or close to it, we're hitting SMBA & Spier if you're interested :sneaky:

edit: we also have an end-of-the-year snowmobile club party to attend (pretty much within walking distance of home, but we'll probably ride our bikes)...good band and lots o' drinking :thumb

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
morning!

the weekend?
church tonight
ride tomorrow AM (tituSS!) and working REI all afternoon. hopefully it'll be slow
sunday: easter stuff with the fam....all day. beer will be required.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Oh yeah, afternoon :monkey: Finishing my taxes today and then baking cakes. Church tomorrow...my sister-in-law is being confirmed and then we're celebrating my twin sisters' 21st birthday on Sunday (their b-day is really tuesday). I did the respectable thing...bought them flasks and booze :devil: