Quantcast

~~Good Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,993
154
NY
How is everybody today?

Man this weather is killing me!!
All I do is sit around inside my house and eat.
Last night we did go out to see a movie. We saw Waiting, it was freaking funny!!!

So... does anybody have anything slighly interesting on tap for today?
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,909
3,731
Sleazattle
I've been eating too much lately too. Hit the gym for the first time in a while last night, time to start hitting the weights again.
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
on tap: a boring day of work, then volleyball @ 8:30p

yesterday, even with the crappy weather I was able to get in 32 road miles after work
 

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
2,577
0
Colorado Springs
Morning. I'm ready for Friday. I have some stupid PSAT thing today, but it does get me out of half my calsses so that's nice. :p

And the weather's shaping up, most of the snow is gone so I think i might go urbanning today or tomorrow.:)
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
MancilG said:
quiet crowd today

?



quite ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kwt)
adv.
To the greatest extent; completely: quite alone; not quite finished.
Actually; really: I'm quite positive about it.
To a degree; rather: quite soon; quite tasty.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,993
154
NY
Westy said:
I've been eating too much lately too. Hit the gym for the first time in a while last night, time to start hitting the weights again.
Hey how much do you pay month for a Gym membership?

I think Aubrey and I are going to sign up for the local YMCA because the have a pool and new facility.
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
29,450
2,021
MTB New England
Hello. Had a hockey game last night. We won 6-2. I had three more goals, giving me 18 in eight games. Other teams are keying on me, and I am getting frikkin MUGGED every time I touch the puck. It pisses me off. I wish I was as good an MTB'er as I am a deck hockey player.

I need to get my keester back to the gym.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,993
154
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Hello. Had a hockey game last night. We won 6-2. I had three more goals, giving me 18 in eight games. Other teams are keying on me, and I am getting frikkin MUGGED every time I touch the puck. It pisses me off. I wish I was as good an MTB'er as I am a deck hockey player.

I need to get my keester back to the gym.
I wish we had a deck hockey league around here.

Do people take it real seriously?
 

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
4,861
0
Denver, Colorado
It's cold, and it's supposed to rain again. Football game at 2:30 at Loomis Chaffee, which should be a breeze. JV football sucks, the games are easy. This weekend after another football game on Saturday, I am heading up to Northampton, Mass to go see my sister for a little while. PSAT on Saturday, not excited about that either, maybe I can top my score of 1100 this time. Its still cold!
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Hey how much do you pay month for a Gym membership?

I think Aubrey and I are going to sign up for the local YMCA because the have a pool and new facility.

I grabbed a deal on my gym membership, 12 months for $120 (last november)
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
29,450
2,021
MTB New England
stosh said:
I wish we had a deck hockey league around here.

Do people take it real seriously?
The players take it seriously. They wouldn't shell out $90 for 12 games if they weren't serious about playing. It is a rec league though, and for the most part the players have good sportsmanship and fights are rare.
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,909
3,731
Sleazattle
stosh said:
Hey how much do you pay month for a Gym membership?

I think Aubrey and I are going to sign up for the local YMCA because the have a pool and new facility.
Way too much. Something like $70/mo 6 months out of the year. The place I go to has all kinds of classes, day care and a bunch of other services that I would never use but they are the closest and if I had to fight traffic to go to the other ones in town I would just never go.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,993
154
NY
douglas said:
I grabbed a deal on my gym membership, 12 months for $120 (last november)
Is there a time of year they tend to run deals?

The YMCA around here is equally as expensive as the actual gyms.
However they have a pool and basketball courts.
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
Mornin stosh, all

I had a basketball game last night.. supposedly we played one of the top teams from last year and we spanked them pretty bad 72 - 58. It helps that we picked up a 6-7 center and a 65 power forward this year. In the ppast years it was me at 6'3" and my friend 6'4" playing those positions. This puts me in the small forward spot where i can light it up. it gives me a green light to shoot, so thats what i did. I dropped 22 last night with 4 trey's. It felt good to finally play with a team who really knows how to play.. all of us played HS/college ball.
the weather is killing me too, I get home and dont feel like doing anything. I am also going to go back to the gym today after taking the whole summer off. looking forward to the soreness already!!!
well enjoy the day!!
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,993
154
NY
I Are Baboon said:
The players take it seriously. They wouldn't shell out $90 for 12 games if they weren't serious about playing. It is a rec league though, and for the most part the players have good sportsmanship and fights are rare.
Thats funny that there are even fights to begin with.

See I enjoy playing stuff like that but I hate when people get all uptight about missing a goal or something. Thats probably why I like the solitary sport of Mtn Biking.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,993
154
NY
Westy said:
Way too much. Something like $70/mo 6 months out of the year. The place I go to has all kinds of classes, day care and a bunch of other services that I would never use but they are the closest and if I had to fight traffic to go to the other ones in town I would just never go.
Hrmmmmmmmm good point...

I really want a gym with a pool though.
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
Westy said:
Way too much. Something like $70/mo 6 months out of the year. The place I go to has all kinds of classes, day care and a bunch of other services that I would never use but they are the closest and if I had to fight traffic to go to the other ones in town I would just never go.
hmm 140 a year?? ??? I pay $300 for mine and thats a special price.. normally a good gym around here is $500
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,993
154
NY
This is what the YMCA costs. I think Aubrey and I can register as a family instead of paying individually. That would save us $276 a year.


Adult: $528/yr., or $44/monthly bank or credit card draft, plus $75 building fee

Family: $780/yr., or $65/monthly bank or credit card draft, plus $75 building fee
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,909
3,731
Sleazattle
hooples3 said:
hmm 140 a year?? ??? I pay $300 for mine and thats a special price.. normally a good gym around here is $500
I meant to say it is $70 a month. I am a member for 6 months out of the year. To get the deal I have to pay a year in advance.
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
stosh said:
This is what the YMCA costs. I think Aubrey and I can register as a family instead of paying individually. That would save us $276 a year.


Adult: $528/yr., or $44/monthly bank or credit card draft, plus $75 building fee

Family: $780/yr., or $65/monthly bank or credit card draft, plus $75 building fee
sounds like its worth it.. The y's in brooklyn suck.. dirty , over run , older equiptment .. so its not worth it for me. They opened one in Staten Island a few years back that is awesome.. it sounds more like yours is.. with a pool , b-ball courts etc. If they had one like that nearby id go to it
 

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
15,459
4
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - sold two bikey items on ebay last night for a total of almost $350!! Wooo Hooo!

Also received a 2001 Stinky Five frame in the mail - not sure what to do with it yet. Build it up or put it up on ebay. hmmmm.....
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,993
154
NY
hooples3 said:
sounds like its worth it.. The y's in brooklyn suck.. dirty , over run , older equiptment .. so its not worth it for me. They opened one in Staten Island a few years back that is awesome.. it sounds more like yours is.. with a pool , b-ball courts etc. If they had one like that nearby id go to it
Yeah plus it doesn't have the "meat heads" like the other local gyms.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,993
154
NY
MtnBikerChk said:
My dad is at our house today (finally) installing our burglar and fire alarm.

SO - the dog is with me at work. She's not happy about it but I think it's cool :)

My boss rocks.
I hate when my boss brings his dog to work.
 

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
7,797
0
Portland, OR
Morning. Slow night last night. Went to our SMBA meeting and sat through argument after argument. This was our first meeting after the election of new officers last month and the old regime is having a hard time letting go of the reigns. It's stuff like that that makes me want to skip "the process" all together and just ride. But, I did get to have a few Pale Ales and a yummy burger so that was good. Got home around 9, and watched the Sox/Angels game and the went to bed. Still raining here so nothing on tap for tonight except watching LOST!! :thumb:
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
MtnBikerChk said:
My dad is at our house today (finally) installing our burglar and fire alarm.

SO - the dog is with me at work. She's not happy about it but I think it's cool :)

My boss rocks.
I would love to bring my dog to work .. only thing is I dont have a dog yet, and when i do it would get flithy here
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,993
154
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - sold two bikey items on ebay last night for a total of almost $350!! Wooo Hooo!

Also received a 2001 Stinky Five frame in the mail - not sure what to do with it yet. Build it up or put it up on ebay. hmmmm.....
Do your neighbors think your a drug dealer getting all this crap in the mail?
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,993
154
NY
MtnBikerChk said:
why? what does he/she do?

my dog lays on her bed and doesn't make a peep all day.
She's a standard poodle and she likes to go thru the garbage and be in the way. She barks at the door when he leaves etc.

I guess not being a big fan of animals might be part of the reason I'm not a fan of animals in the workplace.
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Is there a time of year they tend to run deals?

The YMCA around here is equally as expensive as the actual gyms.
However they have a pool and basketball courts.

My guess would be summer being not many people would be joining when its nice outside


The Y is one of the most pricey gyms around here, but you get a pool and can go to any of the other Y's
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,993
154
NY
douglas said:
My guess would be summer being not many people would be joining when its nice outside


The Y is one of the most pricey gyms around here, but you get a pool and can go to any of the other Y's
Yeah I think I'm going to sign up today for the Y. They have raquet ball courts, basketball courts, and cycling classes.
 

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
1,443
0
NH
That's not so bad for gym membership. I think I pay $60 a month (wife and me) at the student rec center. Our prices just went up when they finished remodelling it, but we did get a 50m pool (plus new weight rooms, spinning bikes and all that) plus another 25m pool with a diving well. I think my wife paid another $45 for a semester of spin classes.

Sports Illustrated seemed to like it a lot

 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,993
154
NY
MMcG said:
Perhaps they do think that - who knows, who cares.
My landlords always sign for my packages because they are always home. I often wonder what they think.

Anyway I've noticed lately that I purchase very few items from normal brick and mortar stores.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,993
154
NY
ridetoofast said:
i have a cousin that used to sell high end euro cars and subsequently was ALWAYS driving newish vehicles and dressing to th 9's as it were

his neighbors were CONVINCED he was dealin'
Ha!! That would do it alright!!