narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
S T O S H and B I G G I N S

please read:

amydalayna said:
seriously. you just need to do it. it might take a bit longer to find a big kid job... but it's worth it in the long run. i hate listening to people complain and complain about where they live, but never do anything about it.

and people complain about living in tahoe too. the whole 'there are no girls here' thing.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
amydalayna said:
seriously. you just need to do it. it might take a bit longer to find a big kid job... but it's worth it in the long run. i hate listening to people complain and complain about where they live, but never do anything about it.
Careful. Biggins will get all mad you pickin' on him like that. And Stosh. He did the whole "threaten to move out of NY" thing awhile back. They're both chicken, though. ;)

and people complain about living in tahoe too. the whole 'there are no girls here' thing.
Some people aren't happy unless they're unhappy. :confused:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Doing pretty well...considering our special investigation on Monday yielded nothing useful, which of course means more work for me. :p
So if you don't find anything you just keep digging?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
S T O S H and B I G G I N S

please read:
Yeah I'm gonna do it... I swear. We're gonna finish up this marriage thing and move on.

NC is looking so damn sweet lately.

I was leary of leaving my family but what the pulled at my cousin's upcoming wedding make me not care anymore.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Yeah, I got the email, and think it's a great idea. Jamie did go over it last night and those of us there picked trails we wanted to work on. Hopefully we can get little groups for each instead of one person trying to tackle Bee for example...
Did he have the printout from me? I split bee into 3rds and Dam into 5 pieces so that they were managable.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Do you really need to remind stosh and Biggins to read something by a member named AMY? You must be new around here...
Amy or Megan.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
amydalayna said:
I'm a GIS developer. I found a job, but the pay isn't as good as the East Coast.

But you spend less living here. There's no Targets or Gaps (or any other places to spend your money)
What the heck is a GIS?

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
amydalayna said:
I had the same kind of realization about two years ago and left NY for San Diego. I took me three months to find a job, but it has been worth it in the long run.

stosh said:
So if you don't find anything you just keep digging?
Exactly! :D

We ruled out external influences, now it's on to internal possibilities. Wohoo! :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
amydalayna said:
Geographic Information Systems.

Maps and stuff. but computerized.
Ok that is what I thought at first but I wasn't sure. Cool job!

I'm an architectural drafter and project manager. I sent out a bunch of resume's but it's hard to get anybody to reply when you're out of state.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
stosh said:
Ok that is what I thought at first but I wasn't sure. Cool job!

I'm an architectural drafter and project manager. I sent out a bunch of resume's but it's hard to get anybody to reply when you're out of state.
it is really hard to find a job when you aren't fairly local.
my husband is a landscape architect. specifically, resort design and development.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
amydalayna said:
it is really hard to find a job when you aren't fairly local.
my husband is a landscape architect. specifically, resort design and development.
:drool:

So he's got a good job out there?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
No he did not, but I just printed it and know what you mean.
Ah...the whole idea was to get a 2-3 people per trail/segment that have similar schedules. I've been trying to get people on board with this idea for 2 years, but nothing came of it every time I made the suggestion. SSPR & I were out building Pulaski and talked about it and he like the idea so I went with it. I hope it works out!!!

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
stosh said:
:drool:

So he's got a good job out there?
he did alot of the design work for northstar and now he is doing some cool stuff for dodge ridge down by yosemite. it's more glamorous than my job.

and he was offered his pick of offices in park city, asheville, vail, and here.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
amydalayna said:
he did alot of the design work for northstar and now he is doing some cool stuff for dodge ridge down by yosemite. it's more glamorous than my job.

and he was offered his pick of offices in park city, asheville, vail, and here.
Friggan A' thats awesome!
I've been seriously considering the move to NC particularly the Asheville area. However I've yet to be able to commit. After this July I'll be married and my Fiancee will be done with her Masters classes. I'm hoping at that point we'll be able to move.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
stosh said:
Friggan A' thats awesome!
I've been seriously considering the move to NC particularly the Asheville area. However I've yet to be able to commit. After this July I'll be married and my Fiancee will be done with her Masters classes. I'm hoping at that point we'll be able to move.
Asheville would be good because you are close to universities and such. and housing is cheaper.
the weather would be a bit much for me. and sometimes i have issues with the whole down south mentality. i wanted asheville because it would have been closer to my family. but now i'm digging tahoe because it ISN'T closer to my family.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
amydalayna said:
Asheville would be good because you are close to universities and such. and housing is cheaper.
the weather would be a bit much for me. and sometimes i have issues with the whole down south mentality. i wanted asheville because it would have been closer to my family. but now i'm digging tahoe because it ISN'T closer to my family.
I would like to continue my education as well. Thing is Asheville is one of the most expensive parts of the state.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I was looking into ashville about 4 years ago... the prices were very reasonable back then. Now its a hot spot and they are running out of room... I wish I had the money to invest 4 years ago .. its really nice there

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
I was looking into ashville about 4 years ago... the prices were very reasonable back then. Now its a hot spot and they are running out of room... I wish I had the money to invest 4 years ago .. its really nice there
So you've been down there a few times?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
amydalayna said:
And let's face it - the plane ride isn't really that long. And there are almost *always* good cheap flights into/out of Reno.

With long distance and several visits a year, it's like having family near you. Without all the negatives of having family near you. :p

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
hooples3 said:
i just did a quick search on remax and it didn't look too bad.
maybe i'm just warped by the price of real estate in california.
crazy here.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SkaredShtles said:
And let's face it - the plane ride isn't really that long. And there are almost *always* good cheap flights into/out of Reno.

With long distance and several visits a year, it's like having family near you. Without all the negatives of having family near you. :p
We currently live equidistant between my family and her family.....

Sometimes... they both make me want to shoot myself.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
We currently live equidistant between my family and her family.....

Sometimes... they both make me want to shoot myself.

That is messed up. You should want to shoot them.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
amydalayna said:
i just did a quick search on remax and it didn't look too bad.
maybe i'm just warped by the price of real estate in california.
crazy here.
I was talking to real estate people and have a few packages from them for years ago.. its over double the price now for what i was looking at

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
yep.. twice... never got to ride though :(
Damn... I would like to run down this spring and check it out. I wanted to last spring but it just didn't fit into the plans.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Kill the old ones. Raise the young ones as your minions.
My fiancee's sisters has encouraged her 1yr old to not like us. Then when we finally get the kid to come around and get her laughing and having fun her she comes and takes her away. I was freaking out the other day, I thought it was some scene from a freaking movie.... I couldn't believe it... f'ing wierd!!

Then when my cousin asked if we would be offended if she invited my exgirlfriend to her wedding my mom said it shouldn't be a problem after I asked my mom not to talk to her.