Quantcast

~~Good Humpday Morning!!~~

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
stosh said:
My fiancee's sisters has encouraged her 1yr old to not like us. Then when we finally get the kid to come around and get her laughing and having fun her she comes and takes her away. I was freaking out the other day, I thought it was some scene from a freaking movie.... I couldn't believe it... f'ing wierd!!

Then when my cousin asked if we would be offended if she invited my exgirlfriend to her wedding my mom said it shouldn't be a problem after I asked my mom not to talk to her.
you should move far, far away.

the only bummer is that you spend your vacation time and money visiting family.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
amydalayna said:
you should move far, far away.

the only bummer is that you spend your vacation time and money visiting family.
We do that anyway!

We always plan our vacations around who we can stay with to SAVE money. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah - but every weekend is a mini-vacation if you live somewhere grand. :D
During the summer we were probably home 2 weekends of the summer.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Damn I feel good.

Went to the clinician, got some soft tissue work done on my back, some ultrasound, and adjustment. I feel great.
By clinician do you mean Japanese Message Therapist.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SkaredShtles said:
Here's a nice shot from a mini-vacation from a couple summer's ago.

Actually while not that spectacual the mtns around here are pretty nice.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
amydalayna said:
what i like about the east coast mtn are they are green in the summer. the ones here are pretty brown in the summer.

but ohhhhh soooo pretty in the winter

That could be Killington for all I know.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
amydalayna said:
Tahoe get more snow, and more quality snow than killington. I don't mean it as a diss, but it really does. (and the mtns are bigger)
Yeah I know.. I was just teasing you, I have a similar pic from Killington.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
and that ice makes easterners better skiers, according to you.
God I hope it doesn't make us wear nut huggers and give us male camel toad like him!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
douglas said:
:dumbasses:

do you think it snows ice here or what?

I really need to bring my camera skiing this year
are you saying you've never hit icy patches skiiing out east? try to find one of those in the Rockies. chances are there will be a unicorn standing on it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
are you saying you've never hit icy patches skiiing out east? try to find one of those in the Rockies. chances are there will be a unicorn standing on it.
Mountain Creek has probably the WORST ice on the east coast.... true story...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
Mountain Creek has probably the WORST ice on the east coast.... true story...
Bah, try skiing in Virginia. Daily hi-temps in the 40's don't make for great conditions. I've always had good conditions when skiing in Vermont. The few ice patches were alwas there because of people skiing/boarding above their heads and just going sideways on steep sections plowing all the snow down the hill leaving the icy base.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
narlus said:
there is ice in tahoe. fact. there is lots more ice on the east. another fact.

not only does the icy slopes on the east blow, but so doesn't the chance of getting walking pnuemonia by spending the day outside.

it does not get as cold out here...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Bah, try skiing in Virginia. Daily hi-temps in the 40's don't make for great conditions. I've always had good conditions when skiing in Vermont. The few ice patches were alwas there because of people skiing/boarding above their heads and just going sideways on steep sections plowing all the snow down the hill leaving the icy base.
Yeah thats probably true, although it's nice skiing during the day on warm days.

Mtn Creek gets a lot of novices from NYC who come up for the day. They like to move the snow to the bottoms of the runs.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I fell on an icy trail at Mt Snow last year and must have slid on my back for a couple hundred yards. I couldn't friggin stop. True story. MBC witnessed it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
I fell on an icy trail at Mt Snow last year and must have slid on my back for a couple hundred yards. I couldn't friggin stop. True story. MBC witnessed it.
I was going down a trail at Whiteface on my back and a ski patrol guy came along side to make sure I wasn't unconcious. I was fine, I just asked him to warn me if I was going to hit anything. It wasn't icy, just my barely in control skiing style went out of control. True story.