Quantcast

GOOD LORD! drummers, check this kid out

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
cool maby its my computor but the sound quality wasnt great. anyhow its awsome when someone finds thier talent ealry in life.

is it common to play the high hats in an up down motion as in the video cause that look awsome.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Dirt rider said:
is it common to play the high hats in an up down motion as in the video cause that look awsome.
I don't play drums but I do not think so. I wish I could but I just can't. I had a friend watch that video and he plays drums. He said that was a really technical way to play on the high hats. I was most impressed with his insanely fast one hand cymbal grabs. He has probably the fastest grabs I have ever seen. And that is including people who use two hands for cymbal grabs. He was quick on everything. Even the bass drum was fast. Did anyone who knows how to play drums see anything he wasn't proficient at? I did not.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
hooooooly shiiiiiiiit. i've never been impressed with double bass, but that kid kept it insanely tight. wow. his website has audio files, but, in my opinion, they're marred with an overly thick bass. (i only listened to the first piece)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
gschuette said:
I don't play drums but I do not think so. I wish I could but I just can't. I had a friend watch that video and he plays drums. He said that was a really technical way to play on the high hats. I was most impressed with his insanely fast one hand cymbal grabs. He has probably the fastest grabs I have ever seen. And that is including people who use two hands for cymbal grabs. He was quick on everything. Even the bass drum was fast. Did anyone who knows how to play drums see anything he wasn't proficient at? I did not.
His skill on the high hat actually makes sense as it consolidates the movement. And the cymbal grabs are extremely tight.

That being said, what makes this drummer even MORE awesome is the fact it's a kid!

He actually reminds me of Niel Pert in how tight he does the cymbals and the combination of that with the tom work.