Quantcast

~~~Good Monday Morning '06~~~

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Wow...no Stosh to start the first GMT of '06? :confused:

So, how is everyone today? I am currently making out a list of crap I need to get done today and about to make b-fast for the hubby (aparently he needed some beauty sleep this AM).

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Good morning 2006.

Today was a better way to wake up than yesterday, that's for sure. At least I'm not hungover today.

Beth's still lolling around in bed, and I have no clue what is on the docket for today. Time will tell...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Damn I could have posted this. I'm not at work so it feels weird posting a GMT.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
watched _The Man Who Fell To Earth_ last night...good performance by Bowie. decent flick; not transcendent, but worth a viewing.

not sure what is on for today. will likely go for a run, and maybe do a return of the mirror i got for the bathroom (decided that a rectangular rather than oval shape will look better).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
watched _The Man Who Fell To Earth_ last night...good performance by Bowie. decent flick; not transcendent, but worth a viewing.

not sure what is on for today. will likely go for a run, and maybe do a return of the mirror i got for the bathroom (decided that a rectangular rather than oval shape will look better).
I'm re-copying all the music you gave me back on to my HD.
Now I'm debating if I should spend the $ on an external HD.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - just sitting around contemplating what to do today.

Laura has to work - dumb screw up by the Farmington CT Superintendent of Schools. The boys are with their Mom, and the girls are with Laura's ex. So I have all this free time on my hands. I may take out the Karate Monkey if it isn't too nipply out there today. :cool:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Treesaw, let Sq-Earl get his sleep while he can, it'll be over soon enough! ;) Nothing exciting here. I worked all weekend as usual. :rolleyes:

My wife's "nesting" has kicked into high gear as the baby is only 2 weeks away now. I've got a "honey-do" list a mile long. No way it'll all get done, but I'll give it a shot.

As a little treat for me, I made an appointment with my tattoo artist to get some new ink this Thurs.. 3 hours of work left to finish a tattoo that I started a year ago. Can't wait!! :D

Other than that, today is my Friday so I've got the next 3 days off. Looking forward to it! Have a good day all!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
MMcG said:
Morning - just sitting around contemplating what to do today.

Laura has to work - dumb screw up by the Farmington CT Superintendent of Schools. The boys are with their Mom, and the girls are with Laura's ex. So I have all this free time on my hands. I may take out the Karate Monkey if it isn't too nipply out there today. :cool:
Nice Superintendent. Hopefully it'll be an easy first day back though. Tomorrow I don't have any students...I have a curriculum meeting all day. It's a nice mindless way to return to work after break though.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Treesaw, let Sq-Earl get his sleep while he can, it'll be over soon enough! ;) Nothing exciting here. I worked all weekend as usual. :rolleyes:

My wife's "nesting" has kicked into high gear as the baby is only 2 weeks away now. I've got a "honey-do" list a mile long. No way it'll all get done, but I'll give it a shot.

As a little treat for me, I made an appointment with my tattoo artist to get some new ink this Thurs.. 3 hours of work left to finish a tattoo that I started a year ago. Can't wait!! :D

Other than that, today is my Friday so I've got the next 3 days off. Looking forward to it! Have a good day all!
LOL! 2 weeks left!!! I am finished with baby things (I think) just need to take some pics of the nursery. I am so much of a planner :rolleyes: Oh well...maybe I am forgetting something :think:

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Good morning!. Feels weird to be up early enough to make the first page of one of these things.

Check my thread in the lounge for details on my day. :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Rain.

And I have sworn off my few vices for the year.

I think I'll read.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin, monkeys.

.....Not that I'm trying to bring the new years elation down in any way, but tradegy struck a good friend of ours New Year's Eve. IT's one of the most random, freakish accidents that one could ever imagine happening to someone. Our friend, Carol, was helping her dad move some Christmas decorations into the attic storage above the foyer of their house. The foyer is the type that is open from the 2nd floor down to the first--a distance of about 25 feet or so. As they were in the attic space above this foyer, her dad slipped and his leg went through the sheetrock of the ceiling--almost falling through. Carol immediately lunged after him but tripped in the process and plunged through the sheetrock all the way and fell, head first onto the floor 25 feet below. She was lifeflighted to Duke Univ. hospital where she died of a heart attack from the trauma of the accident on the operating room table. Her spine was broken in 4 places, fractured skull, etc....It's a horrible thing----to add to that, her husband died six months earlier of cancer, and they had a 5 year old daughter who saw the whole thing transpire. The family is torn up beyond what you could imagine. She was an extremely popular person and had a family network that was very close. Many here in our small little town are in shock. I'm here at work today, but my mind is a million miles away.

Thanks for letting me spiel about that....I feel a little better.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Greyhound said:
Mornin, monkeys.

.....Not that I'm trying to bring the new years elation down in any way, but tradegy struck a good friend of ours New Year's Eve. IT's one of the most random, freakish accidents that one could ever imagine happening to someone. Our friend, Carol, was helping her dad move some Christmas decorations into the attic storage above the foyer of their house. The foyer is the type that is open from the 2nd floor down to the first--a distance of about 25 feet or so. As they were in the attic space above this foyer, her dad slipped and his leg went through the sheetrock of the ceiling--almost falling through. Carol immediately lunged after him but tripped in the process and plunged through the sheetrock all the way and fell, head first onto the floor 25 feet below. She was lifeflighted to Duke Univ. hospital where she died of a heart attack from the trauma of the accident on the operating room table. Her spine was broken in 4 places, fractured skull, etc....It's a horrible thing----to add to that, her husband died six months earlier of cancer, and they had a 5 year old daughter who saw the whole thing transpire. The family is torn up beyond what you could imagine. She was an extremely popular person and had a family network that was very close. Many here in our small little town are in shock. I'm here at work today, but my mind is a million miles away.

Thanks for letting me spiel about that....I feel a little better.

Wow! That is truly awful! I pray for the daughter who had to witness it all. Best wishes to you all in this terrible time! :(

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
bluebug32 said:
hey monkies. Happy 2006. It's another day of doing nothing around here. I'll probably ride the trainer in a bit. That's the only big plan :)
That was on my "to do list" earlier. I rode for about 30 minutes after I made Sq-Earl his blueberry pancakes and bacon.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, Good afternoon all! I may be unemployed, but, I graduate this year with a Bachelors of Science Degree In paralegal Studies.

Then,

Law school, but at least this year&#8217;s goal is set, GRADUATION.

I pray everyone is safe and had a safe new year&#8217;s day! :)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
I'm re-copying all the music you gave me back on to my HD.
Now I'm debating if I should spend the $ on an external HD.
staples... maxtor 200 GB, on sale 149.00

i just bought it yesterday.. it has one touch back up'ing