Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

How was everybody's Christmas? Mine was great!!! Seems like the day ends up going to so fast having to run between 2 families there never seems to be time to relax. It's nice though!!!

Anybody get anything good? :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh. Christmas was good - celebrated with my girlfriend on Friday and got a sweet photo printer - the quality out of this thing is unbelievable. Also got a couple bike tools, the Lance Armstrong biography (It's Not About the Bike - great, great read.. Highly recommended), some CDs... Drove to NY and celebrated with my family on Saturday.. Still have one more celebration to go.

My girlfriend loved her earrings (phew!), and the rest of the family enjoyed their gifts as well...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mornin' all. Found out yesterday that 600 acres of county land in now open to riding, the trailhead is 1/4 from my driveway. No MTB trails have been built but there were plenty of illegal ATV trails to explore. It is awesome, I feel like I have my own private riding spot now. I can't wait to get some actual bike trails built on it.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

How was everybody's Christmas? Mine was great!!! Seems like the day ends up going to so fast having to run between 2 families there never seems to be time to relax. It's nice though!!!

Anybody get anything good? :)
So how did your chick like the pendant?

Xmas was very nice, but very busy. The weekend went by way too fast. I didn't get a lick of exercise in, so I am just dying to get to the gym tonight.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
So how did your chick like the pendant?

Xmas was very nice, but very busy. The weekend went by way too fast. I didn't get a lick of exercise in, so I am just dying to get to the gym tonight.
She loved it, she hasn't taken it off. I told her she wasn't allowed to mtn bike with it on. The last thing I gave her, a bracelette she went riding with and bent it and it couldn't be repaired.

She got me a nice leather jacket!! :)

I got a butt load of money so I can go and buy a desk from Ikea.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
She loved it, she hasn't taken it off. I told her she wasn't allowed to mtn bike with it on. The last thing I gave her, a bracelette she went riding with and bent it and it couldn't be repaired.

She got me a nice leather jacket!! :)

I got a butt load of money so I can go and buy a desk from Ikea.
I thought you were into woodworking? Considered building it? I need a bookcase and plan on building it, it is just hard finding places that sell rough sawn wood to start out with.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
xmas was nice being I spent most of it with family & friends.

I got a few cool presents (2 of which you can see in the secret santa thread)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
I thought you were into woodworking? Considered building it? I need a bookcase and plan on building it, it is just hard finding places that sell rough sawn wood to start out with.
I did consider building one however till I buy all the stuff I need I can get one from Ikea for the same or less $.

Ikea has a huge selection of styles/sizes. I would love to build it however I just felt the economically Ikea is cheaper and easier.

This is what I want but bigger.

The legs can get expensive and if I was to do it out of MDF the sheets have gotten expensive and then to stain/seal it and do all that in the winter in NY makes it next to impossible.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
She loved it, she hasn't taken it off.
Cool. :thumb:

Oh, MBC and I ran into MMcG and his chick at the movies Xmas night, inside the movie theater (Meet the Fockers), and it wasn't even at the cinemas closest to our area. What are the odds? :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
xmas was nice being I spent most of it with family & friends.

I got a few cool presents (2 of which you can see in the secret santa thread)
Nice!

I saw that clock! Did they make it or did they buy it?
I want one!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Cool. :thumb:

Oh, MBC and I ran into MMcG and his chick at the movies Xmas night, inside the movie theater (Meet the Fockers), and it wasn't even at the cinemas closest to our area. What are the odds? :D
Oh man thats totally awesome!!
Don't you love it when that happens!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Nice!

I saw that clock! Did they make it or did they buy it?
I want one!

they made it, too cool, eh?

and the flask will be perfect for night skiing, we usually bring some peppermint schnaps and now I have the perfect container :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
f'n yo stosh and the morning crew. Had a good christmas hangin out on the biggins family farm. Got my poker chip set, money to pay 1 month of my utilities and a new pair of chest waders for fly fishing.My sister gave me a set of those Refrigerator Poetry magnets and they are the pick-up line ones so that is gonna be fun. Didnt get any riding in but thats cool.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I got engaged on Friday night. Got really, really drunk and my head hurt on Christmas Day. Watched a lot of football. Felt sad for Reggie White. Celebrated my birthday on Sunday with my friends because, although it's actually today, I gotta work tonight, so off we went to the bottom of a pint glass. My head hurts today.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Morning Yo!

Well, my christmas was great! In addition to the engagement I got some pretty cool gifts. Got the Velvet Revolver CD, the kitties got me the Straight To Hell DVD (worst movie ever made!), some padded cycling undershorts to wear under my baggies, which I needed really bad. The spandex was threadbare. And we got some cool walkie talkies from REI for hiking.

Spent the weekend with the GF in San Diego at her parents beach house. Good coffee, good music and dolphins playing in the waves in fron t of the house. What a great christmas!

Congrats Greyhound! Seems like this was the weekend to get engaged.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
I got engaged on Friday night. Got really, really drunk and my head hurt on Christmas Day. Watched a lot of football. Felt sad for Reggie White. Celebrated my birthday on Sunday with my friends because, although it's actually today, I gotta work tonight, so off we went to the bottom of a pint glass. My head hurts today.
congrats!!!!!!!!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
we had our 1st ever white christmas. it would have rocked if I didnt have to go to work. But it still was OK. we got out of going to anyhere so that was cool. I am ready for springtime now.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
had a great xmas weekend. ate lots, pretty chill. sprained my ankle really bad at the skatepark last night. went to the ER for xrays and luckily it's not broken! i'm on crutches for 2 days at least and off the bike for who knows how long :mad: luckily it's winter and the skatepark closes at the end of the year for good.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
corey_dcstreet said:
had a great xmas weekend. ate lots, pretty chill. sprained my ankle really bad at the skatepark last night. went to the ER for xrays and luckily it's not broken! i'm on crutches for 2 days at least and off the bike for who knows how long :mad: luckily it's winter and the skatepark closes at the end of the year for good.
damn who gets hurt more, you or bigmike? the skatepark is closing forever?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
big mike's got me beat... i've had a pretty long healthy streak. nothing since that broken rib in asheville...

yup, all but 2 vans skateparks are being shut down forever. :(

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Afternoon :stosh:

It's been a downright awful day so far. On my laptop that I hate because my desktop croaked, my car is thawing out due to the windsheild washer fluuid that isn't supposed to freeze until -20 f froze, and the fact that in a couple of days I get to see another member of the famiily buried.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Opeth said:
Afternoon :stosh:

It's been a downright awful day so far. On my laptop that I hate because my desktop croaked, my car is thawing out due to the windsheild washer fluuid that isn't supposed to freeze until -20 f froze, and the fact that in a couple of days I get to see another member of the famiily buried.
Sorry to hear about your family member who died.

What happened to your desktop?