Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Happy New Year!!!

How was everybody's new years eve?
I'm getting pretty sick and tired of "going out" to tell you the truth I really didn't want to go out for new years but my sister was up so we did. We went to some cheese ball club in a local college town.
I did get to spend lots of time with my nephew and my sister so that was cool.

I'm actually in some strange way kind of happy to be back at work.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
HNY!
I managed to separate my shoulder on a new years eve ride. Spent the night in bed knocked out with pain killers. I don't think I did much damage because it feels much better today.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning and Happy New Year Stosh - how did your GF like her Christmas Present?

I spent the New Year with Laura and her daughters and my sons - lots of fun.

Had a great week off with my sons - it rocked! :)

J

JRB

Good morning. Chilled at home for New Year's Eve. I had been in Big Bend for the week, so I just wanted to hang with Julie.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning and Happy New Year Stosh - how did your GF like her Christmas Present?

I spent the New Year with Laura and her daughters and my sons - lots of fun.

Had a great week off with my sons - it rocked! :)
She hasn't taken it off yet.

Sounds like you had a good time!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo! MBC and I went skiing Friday and Saturday. The conditions at Mt Snow were not that great, but it was still lots of fun. We can't complain about spending $70 total for two days of skiing. :) I need to get my skiing legs back, because I was HURTING Saturday.

Man, today is busy as hell, and it's hard to come back from a long holiday weekend and have to hit the ground running. :dead:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I'm just glad the Holidayz are OVER!!!

Now it's time to get ready for the 'real' party.... Mardi Gras, which is coming early this year (Feb 8th).

The Twelth Night Ball is coming up on Jan 6th...

We are snacking on King Cake with our coffee this morning... I hope I don't get the baby...

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulette!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
I'm just glad the Holidayz are OVER!!!

Now it's time to get ready for the 'real' party.... Mardi Gras, which is coming early this year (Feb 8th).

The Twelth Night Ball is coming up on Jan 6th...

We are snacking on King Cake with our coffee this morning... I hope I don't get the baby...

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulette!
I love the holidays but I felt like nothing got done, it was a bunch of chaos and a money pit.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning and Happy New Year!

Spent the week with my husband's family which was nice...really didn't get much done and managed to not exercise (once the whole week) so I felt like crap sitting around.

New Years party with the Jackalopes was AWESOME (thanks again Tweek) and got home Saturday night before the ice. Spent yesterday cleaning up the house, doing some dishes and putting away Christmas gifts.

Tonight I am teaching a couple of private lessons and taking my folks out to dinner for their anniversary.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Bummer you northerner's Mardi Gras experiences are limited to Girls Gone Wild dvd's....
My GF has always wanted to go down there for Mardi Gra. I would rather spend my money on a vacation somewhere else.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
HNY!
I managed to separate my shoulder on a new years eve ride. Spent the night in bed knocked out with pain killers. I don't think I did much damage because it feels much better today.
Damn, that sucks man. Glad you are feeling better today though.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
F'in rain.

We weren't just imagining things --

Waco received 1.37 inches of rain Sunday, setting a new record for Jan. 2. The previous record was 56-hundredths of an inch, set in 1977. On average, Waco receives only 14-hundredths of an inch of rain by Jan. 2.

In 2004, Waco received 59.69 inches of rain, falling just short of the record of 60.2 inches, set in 1905. (avg is around 33")

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
F'in rain.

We weren't just imagining things --

Waco received 1.37 inches of rain Sunday, setting a new record for Jan. 2. The previous record was 56-hundredths of an inch, set in 1977. On average, Waco receives only 14-hundredths of an inch of rain by Jan. 2.

In 2004, Waco received 59.69 inches of rain, falling just short of the record of 60.2 inches, set in 1905. (avg is around 33")
Wow it's dry down there.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I Are Baboon said:
We can't complain about spending $70 total for two days of skiing. :)
crystal's lift tix are $45 now :dead: . anyway, i went to a crowded new year's party (pics here of people you likely don't know :D), and then went skiing on sunday at crystal mountain. now it's back to the school grind

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
lets see... woke up at 4... took a shower, put on coat and tie, went to the airport, flew to dallas, and right now i am sitting in the Admirals Club and waiting my next flight to boston, then sitting in the boston airport 2-4 hours waiting for a bus, then a 2 hour bus ride to Canaan, NH then to my dorm room to unpack then SLEEP!!! Oh yeah, wake up at 6:30 the next morning ready for a full day of classes!!! Man I love boarding school

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Toshi said:
crystal's lift tix are $45 now :dead: .
Mt Snow charges $67 for a weekend lift ticket. :dead: Fortunately, we get a $35 hookup. On Friday though, the guy behind the counter did not charge us. MBC even said "Are you sure??" Hey, we tried. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerChk said:
do you wear a helmet biking?

:nuts:
I knew you would respond with this question which is why at this time I'm choosing not to answer it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Man, I would have fractured my skull snowboarding last year if I didn't have that helmet on. :dead:
I wonder if I'll snowboard this year.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Happy NewYear! I spent New Year's sitting on the beach watching fireworks...I'm such an exciting person :p

Had off of work last week, so now I'm trying to catch up on all of the stuff I missed.

Spent Christmas camping in the desert, we spent more time hiking and less time driving this time around. Even took some pictures for you Stosh. :)

Have a great day!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning! I didn't do much for New Years other than watch the ball drop on TV then going to bed. Got up at 5 and drove up to Breckenidge on Saturday. Hardly anybody was there until noonish, so we had over 20 runs in between 8:30-1:00 most of which were on moguls and tech tree areas so we decided we were tired for the day. :p

I'm pissed today though, because it is my last day of winter break!!! Ugh...tomorrow I'll have to be in school attempting to get an education for myself again. :eek:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
biggins said:
you still wanna trade frames?
I think I'm gonna keep the V10. I'm swapping the Shiver out for some stuff and getting Will's super t, and I'm getting half of an AC tomorrow from FedEx, so that satisfies most of my needs for a FR bike at the moment.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
COmtbiker12 said:
I think I'm gonna keep the V10. I'm swapping the Shiver out for some stuff and getting Will's super t, and I'm getting half of an AC tomorrow from FedEx, so that satisfies most of my needs for a FR bike at the moment.
daaaamnnn yooouuuuuu!!!! :mumble:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
biggins said:
daaaamnnn yooouuuuuu!!!! :mumble:
lol, sorry ben. What's wrong with the asx? Ive got a friend in Vermont that might be interested, he's been trying to ditch his V10 for a long time since he just got a demo9. His handle is rockymt21

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I'll be snowboarding either this weekend or next. This weeked will be tough because I have hockey games Friday and Sunday nights. :)
I dont' have many friends who board anymore and the weather has been horrible.