Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?
How was everybody's weekend?
Mine was pretty mellow aside from my Ikea trip. I did however get my hardtail out and on the rollers for 5min till my tire went flat. :)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Find anything at Ikea, stosh?

My weekend was fantastic. :)

Friday night: Dek-hockey game (a 2-1 loss) followed by wings and beer
Saturday: Awesome breakfast, then a great workout at the gym. Then I finally bought some various ingredients for my bar, and I spent all afternoon mixing different drinks for me and the wife.
Sunday: Got some great deals on some work clothes (pants, shirts, ties, shoes), had a kick ass burger on English muffin for lunch. To finish the weekend, me and MMcG won our 10:00 PM hockey game. I scored the game winner on a sweet breakaway goal late in the game. WOO HOO!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:
How is everybody today?
How was everybody's weekend?
Mine was pretty mellow aside from my Ikea trip. I did however get my hardtail out and on the rollers for 5min till my tire went flat. :)

Does Ikea make a cool looking A/V componet cabinet?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Worked on replacing the faceplates on the eaves.

Got in an hour ride at the trails yesterday.

Both kiddos and the wife are sick. At least the little ones are sleeping through the night.

That about covers it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

My girlfriend's mom asked for some of my macro photography mounted in a multi-picture frame.. Finished matting it this weekend, and she's going to hang it in her new living room. Kinda cool - it's the first time my photography will actually be displayed somewhere other than my computer :)

I think I'm going to try to start getting out for a short urban ride every day after work... I'm horribly out of shape!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Find anything at Ikea, stosh?

My weekend was fantastic. :)

Friday night: Dek-hockey game (a 2-1 loss) followed by wings and beer
Saturday: Awesome breakfast, then a great workout at the gym. Then I finally bought some various ingredients for my bar, and I spent all afternoon mixing different drinks for me and the wife.
Sunday: Got some great deals on some work clothes (pants, shirts, ties, shoes), had a kick ass burger on English muffin for lunch. To finish the weekend, me and MMcG won our 10:00 PM hockey game. I scored the game winner on a sweet breakaway goal late in the game. WOO HOO!
Nice man sounds like a fun weekend!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning stosh.

My girlfriend's mom asked for some of my macro photography mounted in a multi-picture frame.. Finished matting it this weekend, and she's going to hang it in her new living room. Kinda cool - it's the first time my photography will actually be displayed somewhere other than my computer :)

I think I'm going to try to start getting out for a short urban ride every day after work... I'm horribly out of shape!
Pics of the art she hung up?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah but you didn't answer my question.
sorry, I bought a desk! a desk light, rolling 3 drawer file cabinet and some prints and frames.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Sat: Had brunch with the g/f and our MINI friends... then went to the g/f's parent's house to help clean up X-mas decorations. Ended up staying the night there... Watched football...

Sun: Drove home... I had bought some new tool boxes during the week, so I did some tool reorganization... worked on the g/f's classic Volvo a bit... then worked on my van some... actually looked at my road bike hanging in the garage... :( ...watched football...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
Sat: Had brunch with the g/f and our MINI friends... then went to the g/f's parent's house to help clean up X-mas decorations. Ended up staying the night there... Watched football...

Sun: Drove home... I had bought some new tool boxes during the week, so I did some tool reorganization... worked on the g/f's classic Volvo a bit... then worked on my van some... actually looked at my road bike hanging in the garage... :( ...watched football...
hey man long time no see!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Rode rollers and did some weights this weekend. Tried ironing out some of the details of our trip/race in February. Watched Troy on Friday night, had a few cocktails and played darts on saturday and made a tastey pot roast for dinner yesterday. That is all.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BigHit-Maniac said:
1/2 Asleep... how about you?

I'll probably fall asleep with my face on the keyboard at work today...
I'm awake, we ran out of hot water 1/2 way thru my morning shower.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning! Rode rollers and did some weights this weekend. Tried ironing out some of the details of our trip/race in February. Watched Troy on Friday night, had a few cocktails and played darts on saturday and made a tastey pot roast for dinner yesterday. That is all.
I saw Troy at the drive-in however I want to rent it again and watch it at home on my surround sound.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morning all. No riding for me this weekend. It's snowed every day. Did get a bunch of stuff done. Dog to the groomers, removed/ cleaned up shock off bike to send in for service, went to the movies yesterday and saw "Closer".

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Weekend was OK - spent the bulk of the day saturday doing stuff around the house and running errands. Sunday I finally got some time to hike around some of the land behind our house. Took the dogs out - they had a blast because the top layer of the snow was icy enough that they didn't fall though. Hiked for about 2 hours, covered a fair amount of ground. I was surprised at how many trails were cut... there is some definite riding potential out there.

Watched I, Robot last night... decent movie, some good special effects - the surround sound got lots of action.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hey - had a great weekend!

Friday night - my son Liam played a full game with his team at the Hartford Civic Center before the Hartford Wolfpack game. They won 5-2! After his game, we all went to dinner and then hit the Wolfpack game after that. The Pack crushed the Portland Pirates 7-2 or something like that!

Saturday - Connor skated and I watched, then we hit a hockey pros shop and bought some stuff, then drove to Bridgeport where LIam's team won - 4-0! Then out to dinner for Mexican!

Sunday - more Hockey - another shutout for Liam's team - this time 5-0 over Hamden, CT! Then pizza at Laura's and Deck hockey at 10:00 pm where Babs kicked ass and scored the game winner on a sweet hustle breakaway play!

I wish the weekends included Mondays though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Weekend was OK - spent the bulk of the day saturday doing stuff around the house and running errands. Sunday I finally got some time to hike around some of the land behind our house. Took the dogs out - they had a blast because the top layer of the snow was icy enough that they didn't fall though. Hiked for about 2 hours, covered a fair amount of ground. I was surprised at how many trails were cut... there is some definite riding potential out there.

Watched I, Robot last night... decent movie, some good special effects - the surround sound got lots of action.
yeah I watched Irobot at home in surround sound and I loved it too!!!

Thats awesome that you have a place to ride behind your house!!! What kind of trails were already cut into it?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Hey - had a great weekend!

Friday night - my son Liam played a full game with his team at the Hartford Civic Center before the Hartford Wolfpack game. They won 5-2! After his game, we all went to dinner and then hit the Wolfpack game after that. The Pack crushed the Portland Pirates 7-2 or something like that!

Saturday - Connor skated and I watched, then we hit a hockey pros shop and bought some stuff, then drove to Bridgeport where LIam's team won - 4-0! Then out to dinner for Mexican!

Sunday - more Hockey - another shutout for Liam's team - this time 5-0 over Hamden, CT! Then pizza at Laura's and Deck hockey at 10:00 pm where Babs kicked ass and scored the game winner on a sweet hustle breakaway play!

I wish the weekends included Mondays though.

You get anymore info on that frame?

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
stosh said:
hey man long time no see!!!
I've been around... just not as much as I used to... Lately, I've spent a lot of time on car sites trying to keep our fleet running...

We're slow here at work right now, so I'm playing with ACAD ABS again...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
had friends over, but also had the flu hit fairly hard. felt horrible on sat night, but better yesterday. still have a bit to go, but we'll see how well i feel at spin tonight.

oh yeah, i shaved my grizzly adams beard off too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
I've been around... just not as much as I used to... Lately, I've spent a lot of time on car sites trying to keep our fleet running...

We're slow here at work right now, so I'm playing with ACAD ABS again...
ABS? What's that?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Fri=caught two great local bands w/a bunch of my peeps......I had too much fun :devil:

Sat=lazy

Sun=a real good workout/spin class & some chores. Next saturday is a 3 hour ironman spin class! :eek: I am not sure if I'll be brave/dumb enough to do it

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
It was pretty good. I don't go all ga-ga over Brad Pitt either so I actually enjoyed the story. ;)
Yeah well it is a pretty good story. :)

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
stosh said:
ABS? What's that?
Autodesk Building Systems. Sort of the MEP equivalent to Architectural Desktop (ADT). Now when the archichoke gives us plans in 3D, we can put 3D lights, switches and receptacles in to match... plus there are some interesting circuiting and scheduling functions similar to ADT.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
Autodesk Building Systems. Sort of the MEP equivalent to Architectural Desktop (ADT). Now when the archichoke gives us plans in 3D, we can put 3D lights, switches and receptacles in to match... plus there are some interesting circuiting and scheduling functions similar to ADT.
wow cool! We were thinking about going to Autodesk Revit but the time to learn it and switch over would take to long.

J

JRB

Helped at the Torture Test on Saturday and rode the SS yesterday. They put in one huge climb that I don't see me needing to try anymore with a 34-18 gear. Pretty fun. I hope it is drying up so I can night ride with Wumpus tomorrow.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
stosh said:
wow cool! We were thinking about going to Autodesk Revit but the time to learn it and switch over would take to long.
No doutt about that... The learning curve seems pretty steep... the set-up especially if you want to intergrate your company standards into the system. In a way, it requires you to completely re-think every aspect of how you design stuff... and toss out all of the old menus you've been using for years... which can make some of the old crusty CAD operators a bit nervous...