Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
No doutt about that... The learning curve seems pretty steep... the set-up especially if you want to intergrate your company standards into the system. In a way, it requires you to completely re-think every aspect of how you design stuff... and toss out all of the old menus you've been using for years... which can make some of the old crusty CAD operators a bit nervous...
exactly!!!

J

JRB

stosh said:
I haven't been sick once this year!! Yeah!!!
That'll be more impressive on December 10th than it is on January 10th, home slice.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
Good Morning all.

The Stanley Cup was in town, but I found out too late. Sort of pissed me off, because I missed it after we won it in 99 too.
Friday after work the family grabbed some Tex-Mex at a local place.
Once the kids were down, we jumped in the hot tub, had a few drinks and watched Kill Bill vol.1
Saturday I knocked out the Laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, and garage. Went to Best Buy, and picked up Troy, and a Biday present for my brothers party. Went to the party that night. Came home put the kids to bed and watched Troy. Good movie.
Sunday stayed home and enjoyed the weather. Caught bits and pieces of the games. Grilled some chicken and watched a little TV before going to bed.
No riding, due to rain earlier in the week. The trails were still a little muddy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
That'll be more impressive on December 10th than it is on January 10th, home slice.
True, actually I called in Sick once last year and I wasn't sick. Last year I didn't catch anything.

J

JRB

stosh said:
True, actually I called in Sick once last year and I wasn't sick. Last year I didn't catch anything.
That looks better on paper now. :thumb:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'morning Stosh ...

Shoveled out the dirt jumps Saturday and played for a while, then went to a fun but different wedding on Saturday night with an alcohol-free reception, followed immediately by meeting some other wedding guests for beers.

For everyone (like me) looking for work or hating their job, the groom works for Motorola and was told he could either lose his job now or go and work in Dubai for 1.5 years (United Arab Emirates sp?) so he's been there for a while, back for 2 weeks for his wedding, then back for another year or so.

Sunday was spent riding at the skatepark on my Chamelelon. I met a guy with a medium frame (I ride a large), I rode it a bit, and now I must sell my large and get a medium frame. WHAT a difference it made.

Have a great day everyone.

edit I also had some awesome wings last night ... yummy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nick said:
'morning Stosh ...

Shoveled out the dirt jumps Saturday and played for a while, then went to a fun but different wedding on Saturday night with an alcohol-free reception, followed immediately by meeting some other wedding guests for beers.

For everyone (like me) looking for work or hating their job, the groom works for Motorola and was told he could either lose his job now or go and work in Dubai for 1.5 years (United Arab Emirates sp?) so he's been there for a while, back for 2 weeks for his wedding, then back for another year or so.

Sunday was spent riding at the skatepark on my Chamelelon. I met a guy with a medium frame (I ride a large), I rode it a bit, and now I must sell my large and get a medium frame. WHAT a difference it made.

Have a great day everyone.

edit I also had some awesome wings last night ... yummy.
why was the wedding Alcohol Free?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
Bastard! I've had this annoying cough since late December... :mumble:
quit smoking? j/k

I'll tell you when I smoked I was sick all the time!!!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
All the fuggin rain down here in La is driving me nuts!

Can't ride local trails because they are flooded with at least a foot or two of water now. I need to drive over to Tyler Tx sometime. That trail drains well in the winter.

Also rain related.... I have a house foundation I've been trying to get the beams and footings dug for the last 8 days and everytime it drys out a little we get socked with more rain... :mumble:

J

JRB

N8 said:
All the fuggin rain down here in La is driving me nuts!

Can't ride local trails because they are flooded with at least a foot or two of water now. I need to drive over to Tyler Tx sometime. That trail drains well in the winter.
Let me know when you can go and I will meet you up there.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
I'll be riding. It was a little slick yesterday, but nothing the big bike couldn't handle.

You going to bring those tires.
Which ones??? I don't recall now. If you tell me, yes.

Still regret shooting the squirrel, huh???

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
I never get sick I think thats a good thing...
my job keeps me sick all the time. Dealing with peoples handled, coughed on, sneezed on, breathed on cell phones all day. No amount of hand sanitizer (which i use after every cell phone)can keep me from getting sick.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
stosh said:
why was the wedding Alcohol Free?
The bride and groom are very into their church. Non-catholic, female minister, lots of singing and a band for the ceremony. It was very spirited for sure. The reception was held immedately following the wedding, at the church. It was nice, and fun, but somewhat low-budget. There were bottles of 'sparkling grape juice' and 'alcohol-removed' wines on the tables, and a BIG punch bowl which I had high-hopes for until I discovered it was just some sort of juicy-juice crap. First time I'd ever been to such a party.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nick said:
The bride and groom are very into their church. Non-catholic, female minister, lots of singing and a band for the ceremony. It was very spirited for sure. The reception was held immedately following the wedding, at the church. It was nice, and fun, but somewhat low-budget. There were bottles of 'sparkling grape juice' and 'alcohol-removed' wines on the tables, and a BIG punch bowl which I had high-hopes for until I discovered it was just some sort of juicy-juice crap. First time I'd ever been to such a party.
Weird!
I bet they voted for Bush!

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Nick said:
Sounds like my mother's wedding 10 years ago... Nearly fell asleep during hte ceremony... didn't even attempt to go to the reception... said to my bass player/best friend at the time: "Sam... get me the HELL outta here!!!!"

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
What kind of trails were already cut into it?
Hard to say for sure as they were covered by about 6" of snow and 3" of ice, but I'm thinking they are probably pretty basic hardpack/XC trails.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Hard to say for sure as they were covered by about 6" of snow and 3" of ice, but I'm thinking they are probably pretty basic hardpack/XC trails.
So can I come and camp out some time this summer? :)

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
Which ones??? I don't recall now. If you tell me, yes.

Still regret shooting the squirrel, huh???
Something smaller than a 2.1 that will hopefully hook up better than the motoraptor that is on the bike.

That squirrel had to go down like a clown.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Let's just say that I'm not exactly rearranging my summer schedule to make room for Stosh's visit.
bwahhhhhhhhh

Well it's funny the one MTB trip I went on was with you and the one main event I canceled on you did too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
Something smaller than a 2.1 that will hopefully hook up better than the motoraptor that is on the bike.

That squirrel had to go down like a clown.
If you're tearing off the plywood that the shingles are nailed too thats called the roof sheathing.

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
mornin' stosh

i'm grumpy-as-f*ck today. back at work after breaking my tib and i hate hate hate it here. i just want to be back in bed playing online games :angry:

and on a side note, why are there 2 stickies for this emotion? mad and angry? that makes me upset and now i want a sticky for that too :mad:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning everyone!

I went and watched the Atta Boy 300 this weekend - a 12 dog sled race with competitors from all over the world. Stage one was up at Mt. Bachelor and I'd never seen anything like it, though I've read a book about a Yukon dog sled race. I had sooooo much fun, dogs are so cool. They get so damn excited and are yelling and whining and barking before they get to run.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
stosh said:
They used plywood as Fascia? WTF?
No, the fascia is 1x6 and was rotten. The sheathing in one corner is also water damaged, but I'm not tearing up shingles in the middle of winter to fix it.

More concerned with keeping the rodents from nesting in my attic right now.

J

JRB

As always Heidi, I am jealous of where you chose to land in the US. Looks awesome there.