Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

How was your weekend? Mine was CRAZY, well Friday was. I had to help set up for my GF's parent's 25th anniversary party. It was a major undertaking....

Other than that pretty much my usual boring weekend.... :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning.

Sounds like we had similar weekends... My girlfriend threw her parents a suprise 50th birthday party on Saturday. It was pretty fun, actually.

I saw Assault on Precint (spelling?) 13 last night and enjoyed it a lot.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning.

Sounds like we had similar weekends... My girlfriend threw her parents a suprise 50th birthday party on Saturday. It was pretty fun, actually.

I saw Assault on Precint (spelling?) 13 last night and enjoyed it a lot.
We hired my friend who is a chef to cook the food. He cooked it all in our little apt. kitchen till 3am Friday morning. I was doing pots and pans in the bathroom tub.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
had a blast skiing saturday (twillight 3-10:30) for just $24.......I was hitting these jumps in their terrain park - had to stop before I broke something (me)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
had a blast skiing saturday (twillight 3-10:30) for just $24.......I was hitting these jumps in their terrain park - had to stop before I broke something (me)
Where'd ya go?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello!

MBC and I went skiing at Mt Snow yesterday. Awesome weather, awesome conditions. Huge crowds though. The free lift tickets made it worth it though. :)

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Weekend was crazy. Highlights included my Fiancee and I makeing sushi for some of our friends, watching Shaun of the Dead, and buiding up my Enduro Pro. Just orderd Hope Mono 4's for it which should be in by the end of the week and them I'm all set to ride in AZ.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Buck Fever said:
Weekend was crazy. Highlights included my Fiancee and I makeing sushi for some of our friends, watching Shaun of the Dead, and buiding up my Enduro Pro. Just orderd Hope Mono 4's for it which should be in by the end of the week and them I'm all set to ride in AZ.
I'm thinking about upgrading my brakes to Hopes and putting my disc brakes on my GF's frame.

Oh on that note I did have some bike related activities. I took apart my first ever fork. It's a 98 Marz Z1 Bam. When I took it apart it seems like there is one part missing from either side of the fork it's the "Rebound Rubber Stop" so now I have to get in touch with Marz and see if I can order them. I guess someone either purposely took them out or when it was serviced prior they lost them....
(I got the shock for 25$ at a swap meet)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
Jiminy Peak (its not that big but its close)

I probably will be back there today after work, its $17 day ski day!

note to self: must not break myself before vacation!
Where ya going on vacation?

I need to get out on my board as well. I haven't wanted to spend the money though...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
I took apart my first ever fork. It's a 98 Marz Z1 Bam.
See, there's this mistique about forks, and people think they're hard to service, when in reality, even stosh can figure it out... ;)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - Lots of hockey game action for me (not playing, but driving to and from and helping to coach my son's team). Also went to a party for Laura's school - pretty fun - catered by an Italian restaurant - really good eggplant Parm, chicken Parm and Lasagne!

Received a 20mm wheel in a trade with Tartosuc on Friday and put that on my Cheeta last night - got the brake caliper lined up right thanks to some spacers - I think I need a proper true Avid 7" or 8" disc brake adaptor or something. Rode around for a little - surfed the web a little and then crashed pretty early.

I want to get my Hollowpoint fully built this week if possible. :cool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
See, there's this mistique about forks, and people think they're hard to service, when in reality, even stosh can figure it out... ;)
Yeah it's really easy but this is an older more simple fork though.
The user manuals online are really great too!!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Mornin' Stosh! Weekend was average. Worked 8-6 both days. Went to a birthday party Sat. night and had a few beers. Got some new stuff for my XC bike upgrade project....carbon bars, LX cranks, WTB wheelset. Still combing eBay for a new fork though. Should be starting the build this week. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Where ya going on vacation?

I need to get out on my board as well. I haven't wanted to spend the money though...

ECHO, Geespot & me are going to Cali to meet/hang/ride with ghostrider & T-dog for a couple days, then we (& more peeps) are driving to Tucson, AZ to meet westy, treesaw & squirrel and do a 24 hour race there

10 days total away from the cold snowy northeast :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
Jiminy Peak (its not that big but its close)

I probably will be back there today after work, its $17 day ski day!

note to self: must not break myself before vacation!
Doug, let me know if you ever up to Gore or West Mtn.. I just got my board tuned and am itching to get on it!! I'm probably going this week either Wed., Thurs. or Fri..

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Doug, let me know if you ever up to Gore or West Mtn.. I just got my board tuned and am itching to get on it!! I'm probably going this week either Wed., Thurs. or Fri..
will do (I was at Gore on the 23rd)

this coming Sunday I'm going to Pico w/the OC ski club (bus trip!)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
ECHO, Geespot & me are going to Cali to meet/hang/ride with ghostrider & T-dog for a couple days, then we (& more peeps) are driving to Tucson, AZ to meet westy, treesaw & squirrel and do a 24 hour race there

10 days total away from the cold snowy northeast :thumb:
*jealous*

Thats awesome man!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
will do (I was at Gore on the 23rd)

this coming Sunday I'm going to Pico w/the OC ski club (bus trip!)
Too bad I gotta work, or I'd meet ya' there. I had seasons passes to Pico during college.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'morning Stosh,

Friday I cooked a big fat lasagna and drank lotsa wine with my g/f and 6 friends. (turned out excellent if I don't say so myself!)

Saturday we shoveled out some drops and stunts and played for a few hours. Any time on my bike was a treat. Sat. night I was invited to the g/f's friend's 40th B-day party at a primo steakhouse in the city. :drool: Ate way too much and walked the 1.5 miles home just to try and burn off some of the meal.

Sunday blew ... no fun whatsoever.

Two interviews today, another this week. it's hasrd tio tyype with myu finghers criossded likre tjhis.

have a great day.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Sold the HP on ebay Friday evening
Painted most of the day Saturday
Birthday shopped for my daugeter's 3rd bday Sunday morning
Rode Sunday afternoon

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nick said:
'morning Stosh,

Friday I cooked a big fat lasagna and drank lotsa wine with my g/f and 6 friends. (turned out excellent if I don't say so myself!)

Saturday we shoveled out some drops and stunts and played for a few hours. Any time on my bike was a treat. Sat. night I was invited to the g/f's friend's 40th B-day party at a primo steakhouse in the city. :drool: Ate way too much and walked the 1.5 miles home just to try and burn off some of the meal.

Sunday blew ... no fun whatsoever.

Two interviews today, another this week. it's hasrd tio tyype with myu finghers criossded likre tjhis.

have a great day.
ha ha ha!! Good luck on the interviews!!

Sunday wasn't to bad and it was semi relaxing.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
friday night, not much.

sat, bought some furniture for our bedroom, had lunch w/ the kids, met my friend for the boston college basketball game. BC remains undefeated.

sun, let the wife sleep in, played around the kids in the morning, and did some sledding near lunchtime. hit the gym, came back and made dinner (mmmm....veal chops....).

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
The February rains have started. According to the weather guys, it may dry up enough later this week to ride some trails this weekend.

I really didn't do much this weekend. Worked on the bike. Surfed the web. Played with the kiddos.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Friday night: I studied and went to sleep early.

Saturday: Slept in, worked out, and studied during the day. Saturday night I went up to LA to party for a friend's birthday. I don't get to see that group very often, but they're always good fun.

Sunday: Woke my hungover ass up and drove home. Slept pretty much the rest of the day and decided to read Hitchhiker's Guide because it beat studying.

I love Mondays; they're one day closer to the next weekend.

J

JRB

Mornin yo - I hung out and hung a ceiling fan that I have put off for nearly 2 years. I watched the Metallica movie and Employee of the Month.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Mornin yo - I hung out and hung a ceiling fan that I have put off for nearly 2 years. I watched the Metallica movie and Employee of the Month.
What's Employee of the Month about?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning stosh! On Saturday I went snowboarding up at Breckenridge. Since I hadn't ridden pow in a long time and I was pissed that the east was getting so much snow I randomly decided to hike to the top of the peak (30-45min hike) and ride a cirque that is rarely ridden. Despite there only being 5-8" of snow, it was completely untracked except for 10 people the entire day. Sweet. Then yesterday I just kind of sat around all day watching tv. And for some reason today we have a snowday even though there's 5" on the grass but only 2-3" on the street since most of it melted yesterday and we got maybe an inch or so last night. I'm baffled but not complaining.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
This weekend I used my truck for exactly why I got it...
Saturday I moved my buddy and his GF into their new place.
Sunday we shuttled up to the top of Palm Canyon (Palm Springs area) and took a 4 hour ride back down. It wasn't all down, probably about 60% so plenty of climbing to be had; I am tired today!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Slugman said:
This weekend I used my truck for exactly why I got it...
Saturday I moved my buddy and his GF into their new place.
Sunday we shuttled up to the top of Palm Canyon (Palm Springs area) and took a 4 hour ride back down. It wasn't all down, probably about 60% so plenty of climbing to be had; I am tired today!!!
wow, sounds like fun(the riding part)!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Did you watch Monster for your titillating (hee hee) glimpse of Charlize nekkid?
No I actually watched Harold and Kumar.... it was... um... not that good. Seeing doogie howser doing cocain off a hookers butt was funny though.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Mornin stosh.

Nice warm day today. The 2 feet of snow on the ground should start to melt today, hopefully we won't get replacement snow any time soon. I got a great deal on a Hope brake the other day, new 8" Mono M4 for a Boxxer for $150CDN on a close out at a shop.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
lockemiester said:
Mornin stosh.

Nice warm day today. The 2 feet of snow on the ground should start to melt today, hopefully we won't get replacement snow any time soon. I got a great deal on a Hope brake the other day, new 8" Mono M4 for a Boxxer for $150CDN on a close out at a shop.
nice let me know what you think of them.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
stosh said:
No I actually watched Harold and Kumar.... it was... um... not that good. Seeing doogie howser doing cocain off a hookers butt was funny though.
Personally, I liked him in Undercover Brother. Haven't seen H&K though, I keep hearing good and bad things about it.

Btw, I just picked up the DVD(a) of Orgasmo. Cinematic genius...