Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today? How was everybody's weekend?

I had a good day Friday night snowboarding. Saturday I helped my friend again framing his home which wasn't bad because it wasn't -10 out. We only did Tyvek'ing though.

Sunday went to a friends house to watch the super bowl. Had come good food, came home early and went to bed. I didn't know who won till I got to work.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Yo Stosh.

Friday night was pretty boring, did a 15mile road ride Saturday, spent most of Sunday cleaning out the garage.

The town code inspector is coming by the house today to check up on things. He knows our builder has basically left us high and dry, so he's coming over to see things for himself, then he's going to lean on our builder a bit. Not only is our builder jerking us around, he's also violating some town codes and whatnot... so the poop could hit the fan this afternoon.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yo Stosh.

Friday night was pretty boring, did a 15mile road ride Saturday, spent most of Sunday cleaning out the garage.

The town code inspector is coming by the house today to check up on things. He knows our builder has basically left us high and dry, so he's coming over to see things for himself, then he's going to lean on our builder a bit. Not only is our builder jerking us around, he's also violating some town codes and whatnot... so the poop could hit the fan this afternoon.
What kind of codes is he violating?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
the big one is no building permit. Though I guess he (our builder) could argue that he's not doing any work, so he doesn't need a permit, but... Apparently, the town is considering sueing him.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
the big one is no building permit. Though I guess he (our builder) could argue that he's not doing any work, so he doesn't need a permit, but... Apparently, the town is considering sueing him.
Wait, he never got a building permit?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Saturday we went on our 1st ski club bus trip, it happened to be a "happy hour" bus trip, so it included 4 hours at this bar by Killington (included pizza/taco bar).....I was doing a damn good job at picking up this one cute chick that was on my bus :D.......I thought the party would have stopped on the bus ride home, I was so wrong - they even had a hand cranked blender to make frozen drinks - so I was talking to that chick, had to go pee - when I came back some girl was talking to her, ok I'll go back later - later never happened.....due to a different chick deciding she wanted to spend some time with me........I guess she forgot she was married :eek:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
he got one initially, but apparently they expire every year. He never "renewed" when it expired last fall.
Oh gottcha!!

What an a$$!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
Saturday we went on our 1st ski club bus trip, it happened to be a "happy hour" bus trip, so it included 4 hours at this bar by Killington (included pizza/taco bar).....I was doing a damn good job at picking up this one cute chick that was on my bus :D.......I thought the party would have stopped on the bus ride home, I was so wrong - they even had a hand cranked blender to make frozen drinks - so I was talking to that chick, had to go pee - when I came back some girl was talking to her, ok I'll go back later - later never happened.....due to a different chick deciding she wanted to spend some time with me........I guess she forgot she was married :eek:
I guess you told all these chicks you were Dalton Doug then?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo!

Had a pretty good weekend. I picked up my bike from the job. I guess it's all better now ($160 later), but I really won't know until I actually ride the thing.

MMcG and I had a hockey game Friday night. We won a close one, 5-3. That puts us solidly ahead in 1st place. I had a couple of goals, and after my 5-6 year hiatus from hockey, I think I am finally beginning to get my game back together.

I won $125 in our Super Bowl office pool. WOO HOO!!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Susan and the kiddos went to visit grandma so I had the house to myself this weekend.

Did a little work on the house Sat. Would have went riding Saturday(the only dry day in the last two weeks) but they were having an f'in running race on the trails.

Rode the pavement in the rain on Sunday. I like riding in the rain for some reason.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Yo!

Had a pretty good weekend. I picked up my bike from the job. I guess it's all better now ($160 later), but I really won't know until I actually ride the thing.

MMcG and I had a hockey game Friday night. We won a close one, 5-3. That puts us solidly ahead in 1st place. I had a couple of goals, and after my 5-6 year hiatus from hockey, I think I am finally beginning to get my game back together.

I won $125 in our Super Bowl office pool. WOO HOO!!
Awesome so you bike work was almost free!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
Susan and the kiddos went to visit grandma so I had the house to myself this weekend.

Did a little work on the house Sat. Would have went riding Saturday(the only dry day in the last two weeks) but they were having an f'in running race on the trails.

Rode the pavement in the rain on Sunday. I like riding in the rain for some reason.
You enjoy riding in the rain?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Awesome so you bike work was almost free!!
Hmmm...I had not thought about that, but I guess you are right.

Man, I am such a masher on my bike. My shop told me I had a slightly twisted rear derailleur and my small ring in the front was shot. No wonder I was having so many chain suck issues.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - the weekend flew by! Friday night our hockey team played hard, came from behind and won again. Babs was a key element to the win - he's got mad skills yo!

I had my sons with me this weekend and they both did awesome on Saturday on the ice. Connor's skating is really improving, and Liam is a real leader on his Mite B team anchoring a tough defense. He was rushing the puck like Paul Coffey on Saturday!

They went skiing with their Mom on Saturday night and I just chilled with my dogs - it felt good to relax actually.

Sunday was an early hockey game in Wallingford at Choate-Rosemary School and then I took the boys duckpin bowling before dropping them off at their Mom's at around 5ish.

Watched the first half of the super bowl at Laura's friends house and then watched the second half at Laura's house. I thought the halftime show was good this year didn't you?

My ass is draggin this a.m. - the weekends are too damned short.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Hmmm...I had not thought about that, but I guess you are right.

Man, I am such a masher on my bike. My shop told me I had a slightly twisted rear derailleur and my small ring in the front was shot. No wonder I was having so many chain suck issues.
I'm going to take my bikes to the shop once I get the Fuel 100% together and I take my Hollowpoint apart clean/grease it. I want the shop to tune them perfectly.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - the weekend flew by! Friday night our hockey team played hard, came from behind and won again. Babs was a key element to the win - he's got mad skills yo!

I had my sons with me this weekend and they both did awesome on Saturday on the ice. Connor's skating is really improving, and Liam is a real leader on his Mite B team anchoring a tough defense. He was rushing the puck like Paul Coffey on Saturday!

They went skiing with their Mom on Saturday night and I just chilled with my dogs - it felt good to relax actually.

Sunday was an early hockey game in Wallingford at Choate-Rosemary School and then I took the boys duckpin bowling before dropping them off at their Mom's at around 5ish.

Watched the first half of the super bowl at Laura's friends house and then watched the second half at Laura's house. I thought the halftime show was good this year didn't you?

My ass is draggin this a.m. - the weekends are too damned short.
EVerybody was complaining that it wasn't good and I thought it was the first good 1/2 time show I've ever seen.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
No wonder I was having so many chain suck issues.
Yea, I fought with chain suck for about 6 weeks (on my old bike) before I figured out what it was. Now, if I start having chain suck, first thing I do is give everything a good cleaning/lubing. If that doesn't work, I buy new rings and a new chain. That has always fixed it for me.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Lame weekend. Worked Fri., Sat. & Sunday. Did manage to get to the LBS and order some parts I need for the XC build I'm working on for Dalton, but got stinkin' outbid on every fork I tried to get on eBay. Time to loosen the purse strings a little I guess.

BigHit-Maniac

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Mornin' Stosh.

Mostly a crappy weekend for me. Saturday & saturday night were fun, but Sundy sucked hardcore.

Got to ride in a Big-Rig for my first time on Saturday night. It was pretty fun... hehe.

Got to see some old friends who I hadn't seen in like 6 months, so that was cool..

Sunday was just crappy. Cold, Rainy, nothing to do, and nowhere's to go. :(

-Matt

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Lame weekend. Worked Fri., Sat. & Sunday. Did manage to get to the LBS and order some parts I need for the XC build I'm working on for Dalton, but got stinkin' outbid on every fork I tried to get on eBay. Time to loosen the purse strings a little I guess.

What type of fork are you looking for??

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BigHit-Maniac said:
Mornin' Stosh.

Mostly a crappy weekend for me. Saturday & saturday night were fun, but Sundy sucked hardcore.

Got to ride in a Big-Rig for my first time on Saturday night. It was pretty fun... hehe.

Got to see some old friends who I hadn't seen in like 6 months, so that was cool..

Sunday was just crappy. Cold, Rainy, nothing to do, and nowhere's to go. :(

-Matt
We're happy because it's 40 and you're complaining it's cold when it's like 50.

:D :D :D :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
The fireworks were kind of over the top, but I thought McCartney and his band were pretty damned good.
:thumb:
Everybody was laughing at his guitar, I said that looks like the ones they used to play.

J

JRB

Good morning all. Did a road ride on Saturday and it was WINDY. Tired and don't want to be here. Oh yeah, our heater broke. It's not too cold now, but will be in the 30s later in the week, so I hope it's no big deal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Jr_Bullit said:
So...I'm a little out of the loop - what's up with all the pigzors?
It is a cult, want to join?

Stosh loved the Avatar so much we all made it our own. Actually I really like it, want to give my piggy red eyes though.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Woohoo - it finally snowed again!

Rode Saturday and then I went up and went xc skiing for a few hours yesterday. Today I'll hit the pool and do laps for an hour or so, then tonight is cheap beer night!

Happy Monday!