Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

How was everybody's weekend?
I spent most of yesterday working on my bikes which was nice. Saturday I got new tires on the car so that was a nice feeling.
Friday night I went to see Voo Doo Glow Skulls but I was far more impressed with Streetlight Manifesto!!! So I picked up there CD and a hoodie... It was weird though because I was probably one of the oldest people there... well besides all the parents who were there with their kids. It was strange... but it kicked a$$ and we had a totally awesome time!!!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mornin stosh!

I spent most of the weekend feeling like I had bronchitis or whooping cough or something like that, so that was no fun. I did end up going to Breckenridge yesterday and the snow was pretty good, mostly just hit some tech runs for the day. On Saturday I finally got my AC 98% working, all is left is a brake adapter (8" hayes for psylo ;) ;) ;) ) as well as a new seatpost (30.9) so I'm excited, it'll be the first true trail bike I've had in a long time, and a nice transition to get me into riding things other than just all dh/fr.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, Ralph. 'Morning, Sam.

MBC told me she wants me to set up some practice stunts in the backyard, you know, for practicing riding skinnies and stuff. WOO HOO!

This weekend was pretty good. We won both our hockey games. I'm getting old. My body aches after every game. That never happened when I was playing 6-7 years ago.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
I had a pretty good weekend. Chilled at home Friday night. Sat. morning I rode my mtn bike 9 miles to a friends haous and helped him move all day. Sat. night had a date with my wife ( babysitters are f'n expensive) Sunday went to REI to listen to Carole Sharpless ( a local triathlete and coach) talk about training programs. It was a bust, she had nothing prepared so it was mostly a Q&A session for total newbies. Wrenched on my bike and hung with the kids the rest of the day.

Had a crummy run this morning. I need to find my good shoes to help correct my tendency to under pronate.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Rained on Saturday so I ended up going on a run Sat. night.

Beautiful day on Sunday. Hit the mid 70's, but it was windy. Did a little hill riding in the local park.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
NORM!!!!!!!!
Weekend was OK. My dad was FINALLY released from the hospital yesterday. I got him home and settled before I had to return to the deep south (Boston). I never got over to Sunday River :angry: but at least he's home and comfy.

The Cheese

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:
NORM!!!!!!!!
Weekend was OK. My dad was FINALLY released from the hospital yesterday. I got him home and settled before I had to return to the deep south (Boston). I never got over to Sunday River :angry: but at least he's home and comfy.

The Cheese
I thought you lived in Western Mass?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Mornin' :stosh: ! Weekend was good. Just relaxed on Saturday. Had my parents down for dinner Sat. night. Yesterday the family went snowshoeing. It was my daughters first time on snowshoes (she's 3 1/2). She loved it!! She was able to do the hike out (we went about a mile and a half into the woods), but ended getting a "free ride" back the to the car on daddy's shoulders. In other news, I got a fork finally!! '03 Skareb Super, I let you know how it is when I get it. Oh, and I found a definate 5th person for my Dalton team!! I'll be registering the team soon. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Mornin' :stosh: ! Weekend was good. Just relaxed on Saturday. Had my parents down for dinner Sat. night. Yesterday the family went snowshoeing. It was my daughters first time on snowshoes (she's 3 1/2). She loved it!! She was able to do the hike out (we went about a mile and a half into the woods), but ended getting a "free ride" back the to the car on daddy's shoulders. In other news, I got a fork finally!! '03 Skareb Super, I let you know how it is when I get it. Oh, and I found a definate 5th person for my Dalton team!! I'll be registering the team soon. :thumb:
pics of the fork and congrats!!!
I got the fork from Westy which is being sent out today so I'm totally psyched.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'mornin....I woke up at 5:10 this morning to sheets of white :dead: Yuck!
Oh well...it was a good weekend, complete with outdoor time, helping my folks get a good start on their moving (ugh - I know I've said this tons already, but if someone who naturally is a packrat lives in one place for 22 years...it's a pain to try and move them)
Last night Steve and I broke into a 7yo bottle of Japanese Plum Wine and had sushi, rice, and wakame soup for dinner. Mmmmm oishi!. :thumb:

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Mornin' everyone,

Weekend was mostly good. Shipped out some springs for :stosh: on Friday after my visit with the insurance adjuster to decide how much damage his customer did to my car. Did go so well, but at least there was a Chipotle near the office...mmmm guacamole.

Just did wedding stuff this weekend. We got our invitations pinned down, I've starting work on our website and she went out to get ribbons & candles to give the moms and me a color pallette to work with.

I also got a bash guard for my trials bike from Brett Brown of Boone Technologies. That guy is great to work with and he manufactured the part exactly to my drawing specifications. Finally, after four months with no bashguard, I can safely ride my trials bike again.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Cleaned the house Sat and had friends over for cocktails Sat night. I stuck some 80's music vid's into the dvd player and we drank and BS'ed and enjoyed the tunage...

Sunday rained.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
G'mornin....I woke up at 5:10 this morning to sheets of white :dead: Yuck!
Oh well...it was a good weekend, complete with outdoor time, helping my folks get a good start on their moving (ugh - I know I've said this tons already, but if someone who naturally is a packrat lives in one place for 22 years...it's a pain to try and move them)
Last night Steve and I broke into a 7yo bottle of Japanese Plum Wine and had sushi, rice, and wakame soup for dinner. Mmmmm oishi!. :thumb:
Plum wine = yuck
when do we get to see pics of the house?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Buck Fever said:
Mornin' everyone,

Weekend was mostly good. Shipped out some springs for :stosh: on Friday after my visit with the insurance adjuster to decide how much damage his customer did to my car. Did go so well, but at least there was a Chipotle near the office...mmmm guacamole.

Just did wedding stuff this weekend. We got our invitations pinned down, I've starting work on our website and she went out to get ribbons & candles to give the moms and me a color pallette to work with.

I also got a bash guard for my trials bike from Brett Brown of Boone Technologies. That guy is great to work with and he manufactured the part exactly to my drawing specifications. Finally, after four months with no bashguard, I can safely ride my trials bike again.
I can't wait to get the springs!!!!

You need to let me know how much the shipping was.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:
I have a weekend home in Western MA. The rest of the time I'm in the People's Republic.

The Cheese
"People Republic" that joke is kinda lost on me.....

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
stosh said:
"People Republic" that joke is kinda lost on me.....
Cambridge is often referred to as "The People's Republic of Cambridge" because of it's well documented leftist atmosphere. Some would say communist, though that bookstore was torn down to make way for a cell phone store and some banks.

The Cheese

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
SuzyCreamcheese said:
Cambridge is often referred to as "The People's Republic of Cambridge" because of it's well documented leftist atmosphere. Some would say communist, though that bookstore was torn down to make way for a cell phone store and some banks.

The Cheese
I :heart: Havard Square! :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:

The Cheese
Ha thats funny that the communist bookstore was torn down for a cell phone store and banks it would have been even better if a Starbucks went in too.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
stosh said:
Ha thats funny that the communist bookstore was torn down for a cell phone store and banks it would have been even better if a Starbucks went in too.
A Starbucks went in across the Mass. Ave. on the other corner.

The Cheese

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Participated in my first official DH race this weekend and scored my first podium finish!

Practice run.....

Race run

Post race

and Podium!!!! :p
Ha, you changed to be on the podium!!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Shyrmp said:
I knocked them off this big rocky ledge during the race run.....:D
Yeah, it actually took her almost a full hour to get to the bottom of the course - there was some beer drinking and a couple pit stops for food along the way - but due to the .. uhh .. unfortunate accident off the cliff, she was the only one who finished :D

No, seriously, congratulations - that's great.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
binary visions said:
Yeah, it actually took her almost a full hour to get to the bottom of the course - there was some beer drinking and a couple pit stops for food along the way - but due to the .. uhh .. unfortunate accident off the cliff, she was the only one who finished :D

No, seriously, congratulations - that's great.

Shhhhh....you were not supposed to tell anyone ;)

My time was actually 4 min and 46 seconds.....not to shabby for my first DH race. Pro men were running the couse in 2 min and 30 seconds. :)

J

JRB

Morning yo - went for a ride on the single speed Saturday and went and bought a new 2 man tent for my trip in March. Chilled out other than that.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Morning yo - went for a ride on the single speed Saturday and went and bought a new 2 man tent for my trip in March. Chilled out other than that.
Where ya going in March?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ET_SoCal said:
Congrads! :thumb:

I took a leisurely 2-hour ride on a local muddy trail;
fuggin spring flowers... I was just happy this morning to see maple taps in the trees.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not happened this weekend. got some stuff for the upcoming birthday parties for the boys, and ate sushi for lunch. let the wife sleep in sunday AM and hung out w/ the boys, then hit the gym. later that afternoon, went to my wife's sister's place to go skating on their little homemade rink, but it was pretty slushy. otis didn't even want to try, miles went out for his first time and was doing ok w/ the balance thing (i was holding his arms and skating backwards) but i think it would be better to go to a larger, smoother rink. maybe next weekend.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
narlus said:
not happened this weekend. got some stuff for the upcoming birthday parties for the boys, and ate sushi for lunch. let the wife sleep in sunday AM and hung out w/ the boys, then hit the gym. later that afternoon, went to my wife's sister's place to go skating on their little homemade rink, but it was pretty slushy. otis didn't even want to try, miles went out for his first time and was doing ok w/ the balance thing (i was holding his arms and skating backwards) but i think it would be better to go to a larger, smoother rink. maybe next weekend.

Just get a Zamboni