Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

It was snowy so I came in late. I also on the way in stopped at my favorite breafast diner.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
I thought you had the day off. since this was no where to be seen ,

Snowing here too. Was going to ride but I think I'll just sit back and eat Bon Bons
There is this one woman who lives in town and she still isn't hear. I commute 45min on a good day and I was the 2nd person here.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Snow and/or ice in the forcast for every day this week. Man I'm itching for spring. Got in a short ride on Saturday (finally back out on the yeti - woohoo!). Not much else to report on.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Stoshly,

had an awesome day yesterday with my sons and my brothers and sisters in laws and my nephews! Got home from Albany, just before the first snow flakes started falling last night.

Glad I didn't have to drive in this crap.

I betcha IAB is bummed that he couldn't ride today.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning Stoshly,

had an awesome day yesterday with my sons and my brothers and sisters in laws and my nephews! Got home from Albany, just before the first snow flakes started falling last night.

Glad I didn't have to drive in this crap.

I betcha IAB is bummed that he couldn't ride today.
oh yeah he's got the day off.... well I wish I didn't have to come to work....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Isn't it funny how it always seams the people who live closest to the office are always the last ones to show up ?
yeah it is strange, you can almost see her house from the office.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I'm more tired than usual. I spent Sat backcountry xc skiing and yesterday up at the mountain. There was fresh powder and it was glorious. I worked too hard I think....today I have a bad sore throat. :(

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

I actually had a pretty busy weekend...Friday night we went to dinner with a visiting friend. Saturday I didn't let the rain stop me from going on a ride.

And yesterday went to the Natural History Museum to check out the chocolate exhibit....mmmm chocolate. Then off to the Maritime Musuem, where we got to explore the ship that was used in "Master and Commander". And then a yummy mexican dinner of Al Pastor tacos...yum.

Have a good day! :)

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning Stosh

Nothing too exciting going on now.

Saturday went down to Boston to ride, experienced a bunch of technical problems that I wish not to go into detail of because each time it annoys me.

Spent yesterday shuttling until I started to feel sick. Which brings me to today, my throat is killing me, have no voice and we're getting a whole crap load of snow dumped on the town here.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Good morning!

It's raining gatos y perros here in L.A. and I get to work while the fiancee is home having coffee with the kitties.

Weekend was good. Enjoyed the rain, fixed a friends PC, and had some great Indian food on friday night in Old Town Pasadena. The place had a live band! One fellow on drum, and another on sitar. Awsome.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Shyrmp said:
Saturday I didn't let the rain stop me from going on a ride.
Cool picture!

we got to explore the ship that was used in "Master and Commander".
:thumb: I got to sail from Maine to Rhode Island on the ship that was used in "Mutiny on the Bounty"! Got to see all the props from the film, too.

...I'm about sick of winter. Time for some warm weather, dammit.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Good morning everyone,

No work for me today, but I couldn't sleep so here I be online...steve and I had as close to a fatal accident as two people can get and still walk away yesterday. I think it'll be awhile before I get a solid night's sleep.

It's sunny and beautiful out today...I think when steve wakes up we'll go get some fresh baked bread and enjoy that with his homemade jam.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
wow, sorry to hear about your accident? Was it bad weather or something?

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
stosh said:
wow, sorry to hear about your accident? Was it bad weather or something?
No, the weather was gorgeous - though you could say it was as a result of winter weather. We went rock-climbing in Squamish...the last climb of the day was on an established route that wasn't too difficult of a grade.

Steve got to a section on the climb, where a massive boulder looked somewhat detached, but there are so many climbs with pieces that look like that...and the route map showed the route going straight over it. So...he climbed over the boulder, and when he was standing on top of it, ready to go on...the boulder came loose...It was at least 6' tall, 4' across, and a foot thick. The last place it struck was about 10' over where my head was. I was lucky ...I ended up with only a few scrapes on my face, some bruses down my side and on my knees.

Breafast time...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I just worked 20 days (some of them 12 hour days) with only 1 off day & I am off today & tomorrow & I am stoked. I am going to ride some herbun today & slack off & be a bum.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TN said:
I just worked 20 days (some of them 12 hour days) with only 1 off day & I am off today & tomorrow & I am stoked. I am going to ride some herbun today & slack off & be a bum.
I heard you guys are gonna try to make it to the NC meet.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
No, the weather was gorgeous - though you could say it was as a result of winter weather. We went rock-climbing in Squamish...the last climb of the day was on an established route that wasn't too difficult of a grade.

Steve got to a section on the climb, where a massive boulder looked somewhat detached, but there are so many climbs with pieces that look like that...and the route map showed the route going straight over it. So...he climbed over the boulder, and when he was standing on top of it, ready to go on...the boulder came loose...It was at least 6' tall, 4' across, and a foot thick. The last place it struck was about 10' over where my head was. I was lucky ...I ended up with only a few scrapes on my face, some bruses down my side and on my knees.

Breafast time...
Holy crap that is crazy! I thought you meant a car accident.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Jr_Bullit said:

Breafast time...
That's super crazy! Stuff like that is the reason that my wife will only climb indoors right now.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
McGRP01 said:
That's super crazy! Stuff like that is the reason that my wife will only climb indoors right now.
Yeah, it was crazy...but I don't know that it's a reason not to climb...I know that there are rockfalls every year, and we just happened to be on one route that got destroyed with winter weather...but we were fortunate for a few reasons:

Steve had just bought an amazing rope...and the rock sliced through the sheath and a few of the inner core, but 5 strands managed to prevent him from decking...
He's extremely careful about placing gear and his bomber placements in the crack he was climbing didn't pull out, even with the weight of the massive boulder hitting the rope and yanking steve like a ragdoll
I saw the rock starting to move before Steve yelled "rock" and the world turned inside out...
The moment that massive thing started moving, so did I...I guess a level head is why I managed to survive it, and Steve's care and good quality rope kept him alive.

I think the main lesson learned is, if a boulder looks or feels or seems sketchy..just down climb and figure out how to take the gear out. Continuing on, as Steve did, even though he'd been on tons of other routes with equally sketchy rocks, is why that boulder fell...but I'm glad he was on top of it rather than under or holding it....

I gotta figure out how I'm going to explain my face to my boss though...the scratches are pretty massive...like roadrash on the side of your face and temple... :think: