Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

qualude

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The County of Kings
stosh said:
fawk I gotta wait a good 2 months for 70 degrees....
Close today though!! Already 54 in the city....
If only Ramapo wasn't so far away.......and I could leave early to install my new X-9 drivetrain/thumby shifters that came in today...then it would be a good monday!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
qualude said:
Close today though!! Already 54 in the city....
If only Ramapo wasn't so far away.......and I could leave early to install my new X-9 drivetrain/thumby shifters that came in today...then it would be a good monday!!!
I'm gonna go outside and check the weather.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
getting a car, or staying SUV? what strikes yr fancy?

I was looking at the new Jeep Grand Cherokees. I was thinking about the hemi till I found out they have the non-hemi V8. I'd like more power to pull the hills in Tahoe and for my commute. The thing drove like a caddy...it was NICE. Mines comin up on 100K miles so I'd like to get rid of it before it turns. This truck was soooo friggin luxurious inside...rode soooo smooooooove.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
BikeGeek said:
You want a V8 to commute with? You're one of those bay area rich chicks aren't you? What's gas out there now, close to $4 a gallon, right?

:p
You need a torquey engine to commute in so you can accelerate quickly right before jamming on the brakes in stop and go traffic. :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
I commute to work and I go to Tahoe nearly every weekend summer and winter. That's how I put so many miles on.
i don't doubt it, i just don't do all that much driving (esp w/ the kids, now - the days of driving long distances for riding are seriously curtailed, if not over). my commute is under 20 miles round trip, and on weekends we take the MIGHTY MINIVAN.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
BikeGeek said:
You want a V8 to commute with? You're one of those bay area rich chicks aren't you? What's gas out there now, close to $4 a gallon, right?

:p
No I'm not rich...but I can afford a new car...and yeah...gas just went up to like 2.15 :dead: I commute on two freeways and two expressways for about 20 miles each way for my commute so I would like something with a little more power.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Westy said:
You need a torquey engine to commute in so you can accelerate quickly right before jamming on the brakes in stop and go traffic. :D

No...it's more guts to make lane changes and merging easier...everyone commuting around here is like Goofy in that movie Mr. Walker/Mr. Wheeler that you see in traffic school and drivers training...where he's nice when he's walking, and a total dick when he's driving. You put on your signal to change lanes when you have plenty of room and a Mr. Wheeler will floor it so you can't make the lane change. If you have more power you can do it before they realize what is going on. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
No I'm not rich...but I can afford a new car...and yeah...gas just went up to like 2.15 :dead: I commute on two freeways and two expressways for about 20 miles each way for my commute so I would like something with a little more power.
Ever consider a smaller car for the commute and keep your truck for the weekend trips? I've always preferred a small car for commuting traffic, they tend to be quicker than bigger cars with big engines.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
How do you guys usually get rid of your car if you owe money on it?
When I sold my civic, it worked out that blue book was about 2 grand more than I owed on it. I sold it for one grand more, wired the funds to the bank who then next-day-mailed me the title which I then signed over to the new owner. Piece of cake, but you have to make sure the prospective buyer knows the deal before you close it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
When I sold my civic, it worked out that blue book was about 2 grand more than I owed on it. I sold it for one grand more, wired the funds to the bank who then next-day-mailed me the title which I then signed over to the new owner. Piece of cake, but you have to make sure the prospective buyer knows the deal before you close it.
The KBB value is about equal to what I owe.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
once the snow clears and it warms up, i'd like to commute once or twice a week by bike.

my mom's got a 1988 celica w/ like 8,000 miles on it.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Westy said:
Ever consider a smaller car for the commute and keep your truck for the weekend trips? I've always preferred a small car for commuting traffic, they tend to be quicker than bigger cars with big engines.
No...my jeep isn't some huge behemouth. And I like to be up high...that way I can see ALL the assholes on the road...not just the immediate assholes! :D

I won't commute via bike because first of all...as it is, I need to get up at 5:30 every morning, and threre is absolutely no way I can wake up any earlier and expect to function normally...and second, there is no way on earth I'm riding my bike around cars...f that! I almost got taken out on my cruiser just riding to the store! Forget commute traffic in the bay area!@

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
What up bitchez?!?! Happy fockin' monday! I've been busy today....obviously. I'm off from work today so I ran errands this am (bank, oil change, car wash, post office, etc.) and then hung out at the LBS putting some shiznit together on my frame. Bought the owner lunch and got use of a stand, tools, grease, locktite, etc. for the day. Not a bad deal. My stinkin headset didn;t come in though so that's all that's left to do at this point. Hopefully tomorrow. Congrats on the hockeys IAB and MMcG, that's awesome! :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
What up bitchez?!?! Happy fockin' monday! I've been busy today....obviously. I'm off from work today so I ran errands this am (bank, oil change, car wash, post office, etc.) and then hung out at the LBS putting some shiznit together on my frame. Bought the owner lunch and got use of a stand, tools, grease, locktite, etc. for the day. Not a bad deal. My stinkin headset didn;t come in though so that's all that's left to do at this point. Hopefully tomorrow. Congrats on the hockeys IAB and MMcG, that's awesome! :thumb:
Thanks Tigg - looking forward to pics of your bike all built up - this is the XC bike correct?

Saw the photos of your daughter in Full face regalia over on Empty Beer - she's a cutie!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
Thanks Tigg - looking forward to pics of your bike all built up - this is the XC bike correct?

Saw the photos of your daughter in Full face regalia over on Empty Beer - she's a cutie!
Thanks Mark...she's a handful for sure! :)

Yeah, it's still the sinkin' XC bike I'm working on. It's been a fun project, but I'm ready for it to end. I just want to ride the damn thing!! Hopefully soon!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
stosh said:
I'm over 100k on my Xterra.
i'm at 126k+ in my pathfinder, and it's none the worse for wear apart from some squeaky hinges and a THICK layer of grime :D

i slummed it up at whistler this weekend. no good snow to be found on the west coast this year, but at least we have the vertical on which to spread out our slush-powder with the cat tracks... left on friday at 2:20 pm, pulled back into the garage on sunday night (monday morning?) at 1:30 am, and then up at 7:30 am for shadowing a doc. :dead: life is tough.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Afternoon Stosh! :D

Took advantage of the nice weather this weekend to go riding with lovebunny and his girlfriend. We had a blast! :)

Took this pic while driving around...the Mormon temple is so bright white it almost looks like it is photoshopped in there. :)

Well back to my busy day! Have a good one.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Afternoon Stosh! :D

Took advantage of the nice weather this weekend to go riding with lovebunny and his girlfriend. We had a blast! :)

Took this pic while driving around...the Mormon temple is so bright white it almost looks like it is photoshopped in there. :)

Well back to my busy day! Have a good one.
afternoon, that mormon temple scares me.....