Quantcast

@@@Good Monday Morning@@@

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
Me and McG lost our hockey championship this weekend. Meh.
Bad game? Bad luck? Better team?

Weekend was pretty quiet... Lots of snow, which I hope will go away as quickly as it came.

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
GOOD MORNIN.

Im returning to classes this week. Spent all last week and weekend at Sea Island. Little tiny Island off the Coast of Georgia. It was where the 2004 G8 summit was heald. Went down with a friend, and stayed in their familys cottage right acorss the street from the beach. Great weather, 65-75 all week. Got pretty chilly at night. Beach was awesome. Ate some mushrooms, went thru 4 handles or Barcardi Dark. Yeah, was excellent. Sitting on the beach doing nothing..... Ahhh

We're already planning a summer trip...

Good times.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
Bad game? Bad luck? Better team?
MMcG will disagree with me, but I think we were just outplayed. We had a lot of bounces and penalty calls go against us too. It was a best of three series, and we got thumped in two straight. Both games were very tight, with us losing them late.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Good morning! Sorry to hear you lost your hocky championship :(. The better question is - was it fun anyway? :D :thumb:

My weekend was pretty low-key. Saturday enjoyed the sunshine and had a bbq dinner at my sweetie's family's house. Sunday we went rock climbing - With much whining about the approach I did a really really fun 5.8 crack that had the most spectacular views at the top!

The creepy part of the weekend was coming home last night - my front door felt like it was unlocked when I turned the key - and the back door was cracked open slightly. :( I wasn't able to convince myself it was safe and turn the lights off until 11 - and even then I was awake every hour. Definitely wishing for a big dog that growls at things that smell wrong.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I worked Sat. and Sun.. It's was ok though. Over the weekend I decided I'm getting a new bike . Just gotta sell 2 of mine to make it happen. :(

Too bad money doesn't grow on trees.

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
I would be scared to sleep then to. But i have a nice big dog that will bark at anything that moves at night when im not out. :thumb: Working on the weekend totaly sucks thats supose to be your free time to do w/e you want. Money might not grow on trees but it sure as hell comes from them.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
I worked Sat. and Sun.. It's was ok though. Over the weekend I decided I'm getting a new bike . Just gotta sell 2 of mine to make it happen. :(

Too bad money doesn't grow on trees.

I thought you were building up a xc bike??

watcha getting?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning all! I would be at school but we have another 2hour delay today. It's somewhat snowing and there's maybe an inch on everything but the road. :p

Anyways, I had a pretty good weekend. On friday the jazzband I'm in (school) went up to some school in Denver, so I got to miss all of my classes, play my trumpet and hear some other kickass people playing. Then Saturday, rode at PalmerPark on my V10 and could actually climb most of it. :p Then did some volunteer stuff at the hospital that my moms having me do. And yesterday, we went bike shopping for my 12 year old brother and got him a Hardrock Sport, so I'm really hoping that he gets hooked to biking and he enjoys it a lot. After that I just kinda watched tv and attempted a little bit of homework.

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
You have to help your brother get hooked... climbing in a V10 where is the fun in that. :nope: have fun at school make sure you do good so you can get a good job and sit on ridemonkey all day. :thumb:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
oscerthegrouch said:
You have to help your brother get hooked... climbing in a V10 where is the fun in that. :nope: have fun at school make sure you do good so you can get a good job and sit on ridemonkey all day. :thumb:
I'm definitely gonna try and help him get hooked. I'm glad I just built up an AC so that I can take that on trails with him. Ah, I wanted to shuttle when we were out but nobody else wanted to, so I climbed. :p Oh well, I'm off to school now.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
MMcG will disagree with me, but I think we were just outplayed. We had a lot of bounces and penalty calls go against us too. It was a best of three series, and we got thumped in two straight. Both games were very tight, with us losing them late.
In my estimation - we tried hard, but we did get a little outplayed and in my opinion the other team had more talent then us. Their goaltender outperformed ours as well.

The team that won the championship beat us 3 out of the 4 times we played them right IAB??

Congrats Shyrmp!!

My son's Mite B hockey team finished in second place in the Enfield Spring Tournament losing 2-0 (one goal was an empty netter with 5 seconds left) to a really great team from Assabet, MA. What a fun season it was coaching those kids. A great group of kids and an equally great group of parents, friends and relatives providing support. Good Times. :thumb:

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I spent the weekend working on the main bathroom in our house. I'm remodeling it completely. Right now everything is torn out down to the studs in the wall. I roughed in the plumbing for the tub and ran wire for three new electircal circuits. (1 for the microwave because the bathroom shares a wall w/ the kitchen) It was an awesome day for riding on Saturday from what I've been told. 65+ outside and not very much wind. Sunday it was dumping snow all day. Got up this morning and slipped on the ice in my driveway and caught a big knob on the dumpster in the asscheek on the way down. Now I have a charly horse and a sore elbow. Stupid ice. Happy monday.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
In my estimation - we tried hard, but we did get a little outplayed and in my opinion the other team had more talent then us. Their goaltender outperformed ours as well.

The team that won the championship beat us 3 out of the 4 times we played them right IAB??
You are correct. All close games too. Their offense was definitely stronger and more spread out, while ours was limited to one line.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MtnBikerChk said:
IAB won the trophies for most points AND most goals this season.

:heart:
Congrats to IRB.

Maybe I'm a little stupid when it comes to hockey rules, but aren't points and goals the same thing?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
congrats, shrymp!
COmtbiker12 said:
Anyways, I had a pretty good weekend. On friday the jazzband I'm in (school) went up to some school in Denver, so I got to miss all of my classes, play my trumpet and hear some other kickass people playing.
cool. i sorta miss playing jazz, but not the 6:40 am rehearsals of high school jazz band...

i watched "crash" yesterday instead of studying pathology like i was supposed to do. i guess i saw enough injuries and dead bodies in that movie to teach me something, eh? :D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MtnBikerChk said:
HOWEVER IAB won the trophies for most points AND most goals this season.

:heart:
MMcG said:
After a 6 year hiatus too right? He shoulda received the comeback player of the year award too. ;)
Heh heh...thanks!! :) But I want to WIN, dammit! :D

Westy, "points" equals goals plus assists. If you get a goal, you get a point. If you get an assist, you get a point.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I Are Baboon said:
Where? Not in our league. Not in the NHL either. :confused: One point for each.
in terms of scoring stats, not the game score ?

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Toshi said:
congrats, shrymp!

i watched "crash" yesterday instead of studying pathology like i was supposed to do. i guess i saw enough injuries and dead bodies in that movie to teach me something, eh? :D
Just read the review of that movie... Did you like it? Seems kinda interesting.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Monkies! :D

Finished my third DH race this weekend and got second place! It was a great time!

Hope everyone has a good day! :)
Way to go girl!!! :D

Freak and I spent the weekend riding instead of unpacking...go figure. Did a kick butt xc ride sat and hit the dh trails sun....can't ask for much more than that out of a weekend :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
=[Stinky]= said:
Just read the review of that movie... Did you like it? Seems kinda interesting.
it was just as weird as it might seem from reading about it. strange, strange characters and not much coherent explanation. it was shot and lit very well, and was certainly thought-provoking if nothing else. i'd recommend seeing it with a group of friends, as that mitigates the creepiness :D