Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Ughh hit the ground running this morning here at work...

Spent last night in NYC at Webster Hall seeing Ray Lamontagne play. Kick a$$ show at a kick a$$ venue.

Spend a rainy Saturday putting disc brakes on my GF's bike. She can't wait to ride it now!! HOpefully we'll get some time this week.

Have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had a pretty good weekend. Rode Saturday, worked a half day yesterday. I'm also running on all cylinders first thing this AM.

splat

Nam I am
Morning !

Spent most of Yesterday , Pumpming water out of my basement

But I did get a couple of short rides in
Friday Night 40 Minutes of off road with my Son. It was the first time in about 5 months I used my Rocky MT . amn what a difference after riding my FSR all winter that bike likes to move !
also did a short road ride with my Son on Saturady and a Short MUD ride Yesterday ! ( it was really Muddy ! the trails were like rivers ! , but believe it or not , this was actually for some trail maintance !, the riding wa just to get to and from the place we need to be ) )

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! My Sunday night hockey games make for some tiring Monday mornings. :dead: Crappy game last night. We tied 4-4 after being up 4-2 with three minutes to play in the third period. BAH! I had three points, but I played like crap.

Looks like tomorrow and Wednesday will be prime for some post-work road rides. WOO HOO! FINALLY!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Had a pretty good weekend. Rode Saturday, worked a half day yesterday. I'm also running on all cylinders first thing this AM.
I actually think my time on RM will be more limited from now on.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Good morning!
Looks like tomorrow and Wednesday will be prime for some post-work road rides. WOO HOO! FINALLY!!!!
I don't have a bike right now... my HT is torn apart and my MKIII isn't shipping till tomorrow.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
G'Mornin'! Fun weekend! The wife and I threw a surprise B-Day party for my mother-in-law Sat. night at the local brew pub. Good food, GREAT beer and many laughs were shared. All the stinking rain prevented any riding, but I'm hopeful that this week will be better!

Darkreaper

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Away in the head
Ah well, it's not like you need to bump up the post count any more :p

Afternoon all! Dull weekend cycling, just road riding to work and back. Although it is amazing to feel the difference when you swap a pair of conti verticals for some semislick tires at 60psi - racing along with so little effort is a nice change from pounding your way through much and rocks. Bent my saddle rail last week though :(, any ideas for a comfy XC/commute saddle?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
yeah... while I will be drafting at the computer sometimes I think I'll be doing a million other things. I'm gonna be running construction jobs for our office now. I still have no idea how much of a raise to ask for.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Darkreaper said:
Ah well, it's not like you need to bump up the post count any more :p

Afternoon all! Dull weekend cycling, just road riding to work and back. Although it is amazing to feel the difference when you swap a pair of conti verticals for some semislick tires at 60psi - racing along with so little effort is a nice change from pounding your way through much and rocks. Bent my saddle rail last week though :(, any ideas for a comfy XC/commute saddle?
I like WTB saddles the best.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Well... back at work today.

I am jonesing to get back on my bike, although it will be another week or two.

:(
At first I couldn't figure out why... but then I remembered. Maybe you could be a trials rider for a few weeks.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'mornin!

Wow Splat! The pumping water thing doesn't sound like too much fun at all...do you live near a river or in a lowland or something?

We had a low-key weekend, went and saw Sin City yesterday - totally awesome!! A little gory, but I thought the same of Once Upon a Time in Mexico (same director). I don't think it's the gore so much as the realism of what's portrayed ...because the gore is all cartoonish and stuff, but the story that caused it is so real that...ew..

Must say - Frodo had an awesome role in this one tho!!

Darkreaper

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Away in the head
stosh said:
I like WTB saddles the best.
Cheers, I'll check them out if I can find a LBS who stocks them. Also hunting on ebay for cheap SPD shoes and pedals to give them a go, any favourites people?

Apologies for hijacking the monday thread as my own advice panel...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
lousy weekend for ridingweather wise, so when some friends called to play basketball last night i said ok. Needless to say my commute coming in this morning by bike was a painful one. I have sore muscles on top of sore muscles. 3 Hours of full -court was just too much. Both ankles hurt, my right elbow and now a cramp in my inner thigh.. But other than that ... Im great

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Hmmm...

I worked all weekend.

Now I need to sort out what stuff is going back East. I might need to get rid of two frames.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
sat was otis' b-day party which was a blast. about 10-12 kids between 3-5 running around and just causing mayhem (unfortunately it was raining outside so everyone was hemmed inside the house, but it was all good). also got to hang out for a while w/ some friends we've not seen since we got back.

not much exciting yesterday; by the time we got outside the weather kinda turned crappy but we did a bit of biking around on the street w/ the kids (oh, and was able to unload some old furniture too - the baby crib, changing table, and two dressers. nice to have a little play money). got the stuff to replace the mailbox, but the plate we need to secure the mailbox to the post isn't the right size, doh!

lastly, nice to have an extra hour of daylight. next great part of the spring: hearing the peepers at night. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
G'mornin!

Wow Splat! The pumping water thing doesn't sound like too much fun at all...do you live near a river or in a lowland or something?

We had a low-key weekend, went and saw Sin City yesterday - totally awesome!! A little gory, but I thought the same of Once Upon a Time in Mexico (same director). I don't think it's the gore so much as the realism of what's portrayed ...because the gore is all cartoonish and stuff, but the story that caused it is so real that...ew..

Must say - Frodo had an awesome role in this one tho!!
bwahhh @ Frodo :)

I might try to go and see Sin City this week. Thanks for the review.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Did a 56 mile road ride with Loco on Saturday. It was 16 miles too far -- cramps started at mile 40.

Did a leisurely mountain bike ride with Loco and Ryan (a mojo) Sunday. The highlight was Loco crashing through the brush on a little downhill section.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
sat was otis' b-day party which was a blast. about 10-12 kids between 3-5 running around and just causing mayhem (unfortunately it was raining outside so everyone was hemmed inside the house, but it was all good). also got to hang out for a while w/ some friends we've not seen since we got back.

not much exciting yesterday; by the time we got outside the weather kinda turned crappy but we did a bit of biking around on the street w/ the kids (oh, and was able to unload some old furniture too - the baby crib, changing table, and two dressers. nice to have a little play money). got the stuff to replace the mailbox, but the plate we need to secure the mailbox to the post isn't the right size, doh!

lastly, nice to have an extra hour of daylight. next great part of the spring: hearing the peepers at night. :thumb:
oh man I love listening to the spring peepers. I can't wait till I can leave my window open at night.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
Did a 56 mile road ride with Loco on Saturday. It was 16 miles too far -- cramps started at mile 40.

Did a leisurely mountain bike ride with Loco and Ryan (a mojo) Sunday. The highlight was Loco crashing through the brush on a little downhill section.
pics?

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Whooooo. Its my birthday, not gonna goto class. No work, slept late, gonna make some hot chocolate then drive out to the DJs and start digging... Hopefully ride some of the too. More fun to come later for sure. :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Mornin monkeys. While sitting around this weekend with a cold, pondering who I shall oppress this week, I watched Napoleon Dynamite. While it was quite possibly the dumbest movie I have ever seen, I think I actually liked it :p

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
McGRP01 said:
G'Mornin'! Fun weekend! The wife and I threw a surprise B-Day party for my mother-in-law Sat. night at the local brew pub.
I threw a suprise party for my wife this weekend since she's turning 30. She had no clue. A friend offered to babysit so we could go to dinner. ;) Right before we left the restaurant, she called to say that Evy didn't seem to be feeling well and could we swing by home to check on her? We had about 25 people there and when we walked in, Steph was speechless. Needless to say, I earned some major points with that one.

Friday night we watched The Incredibles. It was way cool. I'll definitely watch it again before we send it back to Netflix.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Mornin monkeys. While sitting around this weekend with a cold, pondering who I shall oppress this week, I watched Napoleon Dynamite. While it was quite possibly the dumbest movie I have ever seen, I think I actually liked it :p
ha awesome!!
had anybody told you about it before you watched it?

JerseyDave

monkey wrestler
Apr 9, 2002
Stowe, VT
Good morning fans. I kayaked all weekend. No reason to sit inside when it's raining. Rivers are going OFF. Lottsa ice and wood in them, but still some fun to be had. Just because you all care, I thought I'd share.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
ha awesome!!
had anybody told you about it before you watched it?
Not really, I had heard it was silly and I had seen a few still pics, but I had no idea what it was about. Actually I still have no idea what it was about :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Oh and also one of my riding buddies (don't think he's on RM) got intentionally hit by a car and then the driver and passenger of the car got out and took a landscaping rock and beat him in the head with it, and they got away and the cops haven't found them yet :mumble: dude has broken ribs, broken nose, and all kinds of cuts and bruises.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
Oh and also one of my riding buddies (don't think he's on RM) got intentionally hit by a car and then the driver and passenger of the car got out and took a landscaping rock and beat him in the head with it, and they got away and the cops haven't found them yet :mumble: dude has broken ribs, broken nose, and all kinds of cuts and bruises.
:eek: That's not good at all! Hopefully he's found and punished!!!

I am REALLY getting sick of Sq-Earl's Napolean quotes. Now Mark has seen it too so it's only going to get worse :rolleyes:

Not a bad day here...maybe the flood waters will part and there might be some riding later this week. Did a lot of trail planning over the weekend for some upcoming SMBA maintenance days and drank heavily on Saturday. I was supposed to go see Sin City with a couple of friends yesterday, but they were too hungover from Saturday to think about going to the movies....bunch of sallies ;) Might get to go and see it tonight though.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all, had a blast in montreal for the weekend for my buddy's bachelor party. It was a great weekend, just about every goal was accomplished. We even almost got arrested on I-87. Great time. Montreal is an awesome city to party in. Hoping to get some good riding in this week; IAB, MMcG? What do you guys say, I'll meet you guys up there somewhere if you want.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Crazy Sweeper said:
Hoping to get some good riding in this week; IAB, MMcG? What do you guys say, I'll meet you guys up there somewhere if you want.
I honestly don't know if the trails up our way are in any condition to be ridden.