Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How was everybody's weekend?

Mine was ok. Spent most of the weekend in NJ at my grandparent's house. I did however get to see my cousin whom I haven't seen in a few months so that was nice.

My MKIII came in on Friday. I didn't get a chance to ride it till yesterday. Man that PIKE is sweet, I love the adjustable travel setting on it. I'm hoping to get some trail riding in tomorrow with it. I'll give a review of it then.

hope ya all have a great day!

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh!!

What a great weekend ! Saturday Did a 4 Hr Mt Bike ride with Berkshire_rider, then had an 80th Birthday Party got my Mom. SUnday Morning, met my Brother and Sister , who flew in for the birthday , for Breakfast ( Which is what stopped me from doing the race with Douglas ) . But after Breakfast I went out and did a 75 Mile road ride , in 4:30 It was a pretty good clip! Buit mow I have some Good Sunburn Lines on my Legs and arms. and right after I got Back , the WHole family we hiked into the Woods behind my House ( Vietnam) and met up with the a Free riders ride. MY son actually road his bike ther eand was in heave riding with all these people on the Big bike !

Got some good Pics too

Here
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115711

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
my wife got snowed in trying to leave denver, so boys weekend is unexpectedly extended by another day. but it's been a lot of fun. went to a friend's house on sat and played w/ their two kids, did some flower planting, and ran around outside. yesterday was absolutely gorgeous outside, and we did a short hike w/ another young kid and his dad who are neighbors of ours. kicked the ball around for a while too. today i'm off from work, watching the boys until the wife gets back later tonight.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Congrats on the new wheels, Stosh! Pics?

My weekend was awesome. Every weekend should be that good. It started Friday with an all day "meeting" at Foxwoods, then I rode for 2.5 hours on the road Saturday, then MBC and I skied yesterday and I had a hockey game at night.

I am tired as hell right now.

Oh yeah, our central air conditioning is being installed today. :dancing:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - rode with Laura a on Saturday and then went to a dinner dance with her for her town's baseball program - pretty fun.

Sunday I went to watch Doug race and then Liam had a hockey game. My knee hurt when I got inside the cold ice rink.

I go to see an orthopedic Dr. at 10 this morning. Here's hoping I get good news on my knee.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning Stosh!!

What a great weekend ! Saturday Did a 4 Hr Mt Bike ride with Berkshire_rider, then had an 80th Birthday Party got my Mom. SUnday Morning, met my Brother and Sister , who flew in for the birthday , for Breakfast ( Which is what stopped me from doing the race with Douglas ) . But after Breakfast I went out and did a 75 Mile road ride , in 4:30 It was a pretty good clip! Buit mow I have some Good Sunburn Lines on my Legs and arms. and right after I got Back , the WHole family we hiked into the Woods behind my House ( Vietnam) and met up with the a Free riders ride. MY son actually road his bike ther eand was in heave riding with all these people on the Big bike !

Got some good Pics too

Here
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115711
Ughhh I need to get out and ride so badly... I know the place where I ride is pretty wet still but I'm gonna ride tomorrow for sure.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Morning monkeys, My weekend was pretty good, as I had a guys weekend. Got loaded friday night. Went for a 4 mile run Saturday ( to get my car ) and then put a smoker together. Dinner and drinks with the same folks I got loaded with Friday. Sunday was spent cleaning and smoking some Ribs. MMMM MMMM they are good, and a little birthday celebration for my daughter who turned 4 yesterday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Congrats on the new wheels, Stosh! Pics?

My weekend was awesome. Every weekend should be that good. It started Friday with an all day "meeting" at Foxwoods, then I rode for 2.5 hours on the road Saturday, then MBC and I skied yesterday and I had a hockey game at night.

I am tired as hell right now.

Oh yeah, our central air conditioning is being installed today. :dancing:
No pics yet! I haven't even had time to cut the handle bars down. I have a million things to do tonight but hopefully I'll have time to cut the handle bars so I can ride tomorrow.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning - rode with Laura a on Saturday and then went to a dinner dance with her for her town's baseball program - pretty fun.

Sunday I went to watch Doug race and then Liam had a hockey game. My knee hurt when I got inside the cold ice rink.

I go to see an orthopedic Dr. at 10 this morning. Here's hoping I get good news on my knee.
Good luck with your knee!!
Let us know ASAP!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Especially with the New rig , you have to break it in !!! :) :)
yeah I'm pretty psyched. I'm trying to drop weight so I can be a better rider this year.

I'm going to a class put on by New York State so I can be eligible for state funds for first time home buyers tonight. I can't wait!! This should be fun!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hey Stosh - where are the photos of the new bike??

Oh yeah and congrats on it arriving safe and sound. Have fun on it!

I'll let you know what they say about my knee. I'm nervous about it.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
Riding , of course !

What time would you and the Mrs like to start ? and where ?
I dunno! :D

I say NO to Vietnam though. Last year, Boston Marathon traffic near your house was a frikkin nightmare to deal with trying to get there. :dead:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Morning all!
BEAUTIFUL weekend here. Got out for a ride on the SS incarnation of my Voodoo Saturday and pulled something in my back attempting to hop a fallen tree...spent the rest of the weekend on the couch with some whiskey and a heating pad. :(

J

JRB

Good morning everyone. Glad to see you got the new bikey, Stosh. New bikeys kick ass.

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
I say NO to Vietnam though. Last year, Boston Marathon traffic near your house was a frikkin nightmare to deal with trying to get there. :dead:

YUp , I remeber you saying that ! SO Whitehall, Upton Hopkinton SF and Ashland are all out too! traffic would be impossible.

BUt that leaves open Rayburn , Douglas , Hodges , and Plumbers crack to mention a few.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
BikeGeek said:
Morning all!
BEAUTIFUL weekend here. Got out for a ride on the SS incarnation of my Voodoo Saturday and pulled something in my back attempting to hop a fallen tree...spent the rest of the weekend on the couch with some whiskey and a heating pad. :(

Damn these injuries have to stop and stop now I say!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Mixed weekend for us. Trails were AWESOME for riding, but a friend of ours and fellow rider passed away (while riding). I posted pics of our ride at Spier Falls on Saturday here: Spier Falls Post

Hopefully this week will go fast and then I have vacation next week so there is sure to be some relaxation and riding.

MMcG - good luck at the Dr. today :thumb:
Stosh - get that bike built and post some pics already ;)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Word. Mixed weekend, same as Treesaw. I got out and rode some smooth, fast flowy stuff for about 2 hours on Friday. First ride on the "new" hardtail. It felt great! Light and quick. I must admit that it did beat me up some compared to the full squish. Saturday I spent the day playing with my daughter. We went for a bike ride on the paved bike path near my house and played soccer in the yard. Sat. night was capped with beers a bar-b-q!! Sunday I got out for the first time this year on teh SMBA trails. They wre in GREAT shape I thought for this time of year. There is work to be done, but not nearly as much as I expected to see. Rode for about 2 hours out there and today I'm sore! Our trails are so much more techincal than anything else in the area, it takes it's toll on ya'!

Then, this morning got the news that my friend Jim had passed away while on a ride Saturday. RIP Murph...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Word. Mixed weekend, same as Treesaw. I got out and rode some smooth, fast flowy stuff for about 2 hours on Friday. First ride on the "new" hardtail. It felt great! Light and quick. I must admit that it did beat me up some compared to the full squish. Saturday I spent the day playing with my daughter. We went for a bike ride on the paved bike path near my house and played soccer in the yard. Sat. night was capped with beers a bar-b-q!! Sunday I got out for the first time this year on teh SMBA trails. They wre in GREAT shape I thought for this time of year. There is work to be done, but not nearly as much as I expected to see. Rode for about 2 hours out there and today I'm sore! Our trails are so much more techincal than anything else in the area, it takes it's toll on ya'!

Then, this morning got the news that my friend Jim had passed away while on a ride Saturday. RIP Murph...
Dough...I thought you knew. We saw Chris on Sunday on our way out and found out the sad news. I still have trouble believing it! :(

Glad to hear that you got out for some good riding this weekend. I am hoping to get out as much as possible this week to, but the calendar is booking up fast!!!!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
one easy way to become a better rider (regardless of fitness level) is to ride a bike. :blah:
i guess everyone else ignored this one :D

my weekend was good. shot a few frames of digifilm for a change (see below or this gallery from saturday or this one from friday), and hit up the slopes on saturday and sunday. ethiopian food is quite good, btw: eating from a giant communal plate with your hands, scooping up food with spongy sourdough type bread. :thumb:

(these two were miming turtles trying to bite off each others' tails at the zoo)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
What up peeps?

Short week this week - I'm heading to Sea Otter Thursday sometime. This will be the first time I'm there not racing so I hope to check out lots of stuff I normally miss will I'm preriding and racing. Sweet!

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Congrats on the new bike! Treesaw sorry to hear about your friend :(

Raced the first race of the Spring DH series and got second place. Met a lot of cool new people. Getting ready to leave for Sea Otter later this week, where I will be racing in the DH beginner class. Wohoo!

Race run!

Podium

Have a good day! :)

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
I took Friday off work two of us went for a 4hr ride on the famous Backbone trail in the Santa Monica Mountains, it was great ‘cause normally on a Saturday or Sunday you’ll see 20 or 30 other riders easily, that day we only saw 3 other riders and two hikers.
Saturday did 6 hours of backbreaking tail work on a local trail.
We had it all-planned out, another group was starting at the bottom and we stated at the top, meeting ½ in the middle. The “lower” group was comprised of free-rider types (Nice guys BTW) and us “upper” group was XC types.
So we spent 4 hours making rolling dip water diversions, clearing brush from blind corners, you know – general trail work learned from working with CORBA for years.
The middle part we met & worked together, each had different ideas of what was needed in that specific area but we got along and did some good work.
We all hiked back down the trail together and a friend and I could see the type of “work” the other group did – mostly creating jumps in the middle of the trail…
We didn’t say anything and understood why there was some “discussion” of what to do when we had met in the middle… Sore back all-day Sunday, although I did manage the mow the lawns and helped my son fix his van. That was my (extended) weekend.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mornin' stosh! Congrats on the bike. :D
Treesaw sorry to hear about your friend, it seems like lots of people are dying lately. :(
Shrymp looks like some kickass riding!!! :D

My weekend was mixed in several ways. Friday I went to my school's girls lax game and realized that they're really boring to watch except for all the hot girls. Saturday I headed down to Palmer Park and found a new favorite trail on the AC. :D I'm now able to actually climb to the top without stopping for a small break. :p
Then Saturday night it got cold, and yesterday through early this morning it was an all out blizzard. Snow depths range from 5" to upwards of 3' in places. But tomorrow its supposed to be 55 again. :p

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Heidi said:
Shrymp - is that Fontana? What's with all that green grass stuff? :)
Yep it's Fontana. With all the rain we have had this year most of SoCal is pretty green....although probably not as green as Oregon. :)

Hope to see you at Sea Otter. :)

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
COmtbiker12 said:
Mornin' stosh! Congrats on the bike. :D
Treesaw sorry to hear about your friend, it seems like lots of people are dying lately. :(
Shrymp looks like some kickass riding!!! :D

My weekend was mixed in several ways. Friday I went to my school's girls lax game and realized that they're really boring to watch except for all the hot girls. Saturday I headed down to Palmer Park and found a new favorite trail on the AC. :D I'm now able to actually climb to the top without stopping for a small break. :p
Then Saturday night it got cold, and yesterday through early this morning it was an all out blizzard. Snow depths range from 5" to upwards of 3' in places. But tomorrow its supposed to be 55 again. :p
OH yea and we have a SNOWDAY today!!! WOOHOO!!! :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Shyrmp said:
Yep it's Fontana. With all the rain we have had this year most of SoCal is pretty green....although probably not as green as Oregon. :)

Hope to see you at Sea Otter. :)
I'll definitely keep an eye out for you guys. I'm gonna try to watch Mountain Cross and DS this year and MAYBE get over to see DH. I can't walk that far with my gimpy knee though.

Friday night- ..........................
saturday- work
saturday night- drove arround looking for things to do. so we went to the pool hall where some crack head tried to pick a fight with my buddy.
sunday- played with my dog in a foot of snow to get her clean.
monday- no schoo because of snow and ....................

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Congrats on the new bike! Treesaw sorry to hear about your friend :(

Raced the first race of the Spring DH series and got second place. Met a lot of cool new people. Getting ready to leave for Sea Otter later this week, where I will be racing in the DH beginner class. Wohoo!
Have a good day! :)
Congrats. Looks like you had a good time. Can't wait to see some more race pics! :thumb: