Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How was everybody's weekend?

I had an awesome ride on Sunday with my GF. It feels so nice to be out riding again. I'm riding again tomorrow which is supposed to be 80!!!
I also got my first sun burn of the season. It's not a real burn just a little red. :)

Have a great day!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Howdy! I had a blast this weekend. Went to the submarine birthday ball friday night. Rode with Tonyhawk on sat afternoon and broke another derailleur hanger on the deli slicer. Did a ride and nemba trail ambassador school in danbury yesterday. Hoping to do a ride somewhere today. This weather is great!!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Top 'o the morning to ya! i rode once on Friday, twice on Saturday, and once again yesterday. This weather is really great. Should be 80 today. woohoo!

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
NO ride for me this weekend. I did a work day at the community pool all day Saturday and then we had company over for dinner. I made a special trip over to the liqour store and picked up a bottle each of Duvel, Chimay, St. Bernardus and a Rogue DGA. Sunday was spent doing some demolition and drinking less exotic beers.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Great weekend here as well. Lots of group rides going on, but I took the low-road, and did all of my riding solo....errr, unless you count the dog. Spent a lot of time doing trail work at my local spot and just enjoying the warmth of spring and all its colors. Nice to see leaves on the trees again.

Had dinner at the in-laws on Saturday. Remind me never to never do that again on taco-night.......how can you f#ck up a taco??!! A TACO, for gods sake.......I was polite and ate two.

:dancing:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
frist ride of the season @ lynn woods, did some cleanup around the yard and basement/garage, had a hike/picnic w/ the boys and wife yesterday. good weekend!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had fun with my sons this weekend. Connor was riding on Sunday all on his own! :thumb:

Lots of baseball, bikes with the kids and hockey - and my knee hurts this a.m. from it all. :(

Just got in to the office after having an MRI done on my knee. I'll know more later in the week I think. I fear the news might not be so great though.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had a race on Saturday. Felt good and strong but mangled my derailleur at the end of the first lap. Spend 30 minutes getting the bike in some order where I could ride it out. I hate derailleurs.

Sunday did my first century of the year. Road bike is still waiting for a new warranty frame so I slapped slicks on the hardtail. Did a tough route that included about 9000ft of vertical and 20 miles of gravel road. Felt good the first 70 miles then had to dig deep to finish before dark. I suffered bad but amazingly kept finding the strenght to keep a good pace. My legs are jello this morning.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Me and wife took today off, so our weekend has not ended. :) Yesterday we did a road ride and we'll do another today.

Had a decent hockey game last night. 4-4 tie and I scored three. We need a win. We have not won in seven games (0-5-2). Me and one other guy are doing ALL the goal scoring. We need the rest of the offense to frikkin step it up!

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Morning Stosh,

Got a laid back ride in yesterday with the soon-to-be wife and a friend of hers and then we went off to a BBQ...much was eaten.

Flying out to Portland on Wednesday to look for and hopefully to buy a house so we have a place to live (with our three dogs) when we get out there next month.

Wedding is in three weeks, moving in four and I've got a small pile of negative replies from potential employers out in Portland. Definitely starting to get stressed...really, I should say that stress is peaking.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
Had a race on Saturday. Felt good and strong but mangled my derailleur at the end of the first lap. Spend 30 minutes getting the bike in some order where I could ride it out. I hate derailleurs.

bummer / mechanical's suck!!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning.

Had a good weekend. Absolutely stuffed myself on meat yesterday... Marinated some steak tips for a couple days and some chicken breasts for a couple hours, cooked up some green beans in garlic & olive oil, add a bottle of wine and a couple beers when the wine was gone... My roommate and I stuffed ourselves all afternoon! Probably ate 4+ lbs. of chicken and steak. Beautiful day out, too, so it was nice to be out in the sun, grilling.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Me and wife took today off, so our weekend has not ended. :) Yesterday we did a road ride and we'll do another today.

Had a decent hockey game last night. 4-4 tie and I scored three. We need a win. We have not won in seven games (0-5-2). Me and one other guy are doing ALL the goal scoring. We need the rest of the offense to frikkin step it up!
You are hitting the road again today? What time?

Damn about hockey - ugh. I feel bad that I'm out for this "season."

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
Well Since IAB and MBC bailed on a ride with me today, and I also havethe Day off , it is a Holiday here , Patriots Day , also know and Marathon Monday.

so The wife and Kids , we will ride our bike over to the Boston Marathon Starting line , or at least in some proximity to it. and watch about 30,000 people go running by.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I did some camping with Loco and Julie and her pops at Warda, a mountain bike trail area. Saturday we went to nearby Rocky Hill and did an easy paced 16 mile loop. Saturday Night, Loco grilled up some steaks and had some early b-day cake and beer. Sunday morning we did a loop(8 miles?) around Warda. Neither trail is really technically challenging, but it was fun to get out and take an easy spin through the dirt.

Sunday afternoon did the b-day with the family and kids. Got me a new helmet and a vid(earthed).

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Mornin' all.

Hung out all day Saturday with my 9-year old nephew. We did some hiking, played some PS2, shot some hoops, and finished the day with burgers on the grill. :thumb:

Drank too many beers after he left. :) Woke up to a beautiful day Sunday and just had to ride. Threw down a cup of coffee and headed out. I didn't realize how dehydrated I was until I was climbing out of the park to head home and one leg cramped. I couldn't bend my knee! I stopped and put my foot down to unclip my cramped leg and my other leg cramped too! I fell over with the worst cramps I've ever had, in both legs. I stretched out for a bit and hobbled home.

Hockey sunday night was ugly. We were short players and my legs kept cramping. We got beat....bad. :(

It was worth it. The trails were in awesome shape and the day was way too nice. :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Buck Fever said:
Morning Stosh,

Got a laid back ride in yesterday with the soon-to-be wife and a friend of hers and then we went off to a BBQ...much was eaten.

Flying out to Portland on Wednesday to look for and hopefully to buy a house so we have a place to live (with our three dogs) when we get out there next month.

Wedding is in three weeks, moving in four and I've got a small pile of negative replies from potential employers out in Portland. Definitely starting to get stressed...really, I should say that stress is peaking.
Good luck with your wedding!!!

Where are you having it again?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
F'n awesome weekend. Man the trails are in great shape. Worked at the shop and then rode. Did some grilling also. New G/F is Lithuanian so I am learning about Lithuania. Planning a road trip soon. Gotta get outta here.....jdcamb

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
How was everybody's weekend?
Great weekend - Went down to the beach saturfay morning & picked up my Empire Pass for the season. After that I took a ride on the cross bike - 12 miles to the trail, then about an hour on the trail, then 12 miles home. Then moved 60+ 5 gallon buckets of sand with my brother-in-law. We took them from his yeard, into the truck, to my house & then into my yard & under my deck, to fill in a sink-hole. Where's the "sore" smilie?
These things combined to make my sunday ride a slow & short one.

Beautiful day out today - might get my daughter into the trailer for the first time today after work.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mackie said:
Great weekend - Went down to the beach saturfay morning & picked up my Empire Pass for the season. After that I took a ride on the cross bike - 12 miles to the trail, then about an hour on the trail, then 12 miles home. Then moved 60+ 5 gallon buckets of sand with my brother-in-law. We took them from his yeard, into the truck, to my house & then into my yard & under my deck, to fill in a sink-hole. Where's the "sore" smilie?
These things combined to make my sunday ride a slow & short one.

Beautiful day out today - might get my daughter into the trailer for the first time today after work.
what beach did you go to?

Hey I got the pedals I"m looking forward to putting them on my HT.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
How old is little Ms. Mackie now?

I was stoked to see my son Connor riding on his own on Sunday. He still needs work, but he's going to get it real soon. That rocks and it also means father and son rides with Liam and Connor! :thumb:

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
what beach did you go to?

Hey I got the pedals I"m looking forward to putting them on my HT.
Glad that you got them. I went down to Jones Beach. It was pretty cold, but there were still a million people out.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
How old is little Ms. Mackie now?

I was stoked to see my son Connor riding on his own on Sunday. He still needs work, but he's going to get it real soon. That rocks and it also means father and son rides with Liam and Connor! :thumb:
The little lass turned 7 months old on Wednesday.
How old is Connor? riding on his own is awesome. Was it hard to teach him to ride?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Great weekend! Had a very successful trail maintenance on Saturday. Turnout wasn't large, but we accomplished a lot. Got home, had just enough time to shower change and head out to a BBQ with some friends at their new house.

Sunday, headed up to Spier with Sq-Earl, JoeYa & Jenn, McGRP01 & Douglas for a nice loop around Spier. There were a couple of good crashes and bike malfunctions, but other than that...a nice day for a ride. I will be posting some pics up later.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Great weekend! Had a very successful trail maintenance on Saturday. Turnout wasn't large, but we accomplished a lot. Got home, had just enough time to shower change and head out to a BBQ with some friends at their new house.

Sunday, headed up to Spier with Sq-Earl, JoeYa & Jenn, McGRP01 & Douglas for a nice loop around Spier. There were a couple of good crashes and bike malfunctions, but other than that...a nice day for a ride. I will be posting some pics up later.
In for Crash pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
The little lass turned 7 months old on Wednesday.
How old is Connor? riding on his own is awesome. Was it hard to teach him to ride?
Connor is 6 and was reluctant to ride - so in that regard yeah it was hard to teach him. I guess he just needed to feel like now is the right time to learn. That and a cool Giro helmet with flames on it might have helped. ;)

I sent you a PM about Z1 SL set up.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Got back from Sea Otter around 2:30 this morning....took a brief rest and now I have to catch up here at work.....oh yeah and I took fifth place during my race this weekend. More later.....

Have a good day! :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Got back from Sea Otter around 2:30 this morning....took a brief rest and now I have to catch up here at work.....oh yeah and I took fifth place during my race this weekend. More later.....

Have a good day! :)
Congratulations. Can't wait to hear all about it and see some pictures! :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Dude...remember when I went over the bars and you said it looked really bad, and I thought I was fine? Well, apparently not. Shortly after I got home, my ankle started getting sore and swelling. I kept getting worse all night and then when I woke up this morning, I could hardly move it or put weight on it. It's tennis ball size now and I can't bend it at all. :mad: Sucks!