Quantcast

*$*Good Monday Morning*$*

J

JRB

I guess none of the other slackers are going to do it.

*I am doing it so I can tell stosh I just ordered Bilstein shocks for my xterra.

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
Good morning my Loco

Who had a great weekend? Besides me.
I didn't accomplish a thing yesterday, but it was a great weekend.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Cool - Bilstein makes decent gear... should make a noticable difference. You going to run stock springs with them?

Mornin.
Not much to report on over the weekend... tried to give my wife as much time to sleep as possible. Sean has his 2 week appointment today; hopefully we'll be starting him on cereal soon so he sleeps in longer stretches.

Hoping to get back to riding this week, but we'll see.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello.

The Passover-filled weekend meant for little riding, but we did manage to get out Friday after work despite the rain. Three of us (myself, MBC, MMcG) took his girlfriend out for her first ever MTB ride. She kicked butt! Naturally, she was a bit apprehensive on some technical stuff, but those skills develop over time. Since it rained a good part of the ride, everything was wet and slick. Not ideal conditions for a n00b. We had a great time though.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I spent the entire weekend putting tile up in my shower. Unfortunately, I'm not done yet. But, it is looking pretty dang sweet!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
She kicked butt! Naturally, she was a bit apprehensive on some technical stuff, but those skills develop over time. Since it rained a good part of the ride, everything was wet and slick. Not ideal conditions for a n00b. We had a great time though.
wow... that's awesome! :thumb: to MMcG's girlfriend!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I slept 11 hours Friday which is 4-5 more than normal (apparantly I was tired)

Sat, I ate Mexican food, it tasted good, & I saw a movie called Hitch, I laughed

Sun, I was going to do a road ride but it was really windy, so I wimped out.

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
Cool - Bilstein makes decent gear... should make a noticable difference. You going to run stock springs with them?
Yes - it is just 2wd and I don't get off road too much. The deal is, Bilsteins are only $75 more than Monroes, and everyone says they are the thing to have.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all! Congrats on getting your woman on the MTB MMcG. How is your knee after that ride? Give me a buzz sometime this week, I'm off until friday. We can make a ride at the res.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Loco wussed out on riding with me three times this weekend.

I drove down to Austin for a group ride Saturday. Did about 13 miles of some nice ledgy riding. Drank some good beer from a local brewery and ate some tasty bbq. This was Loco's first wuss out.

Sunday I had to finally crawl under the house and fix the hot water pipe. Luckily, it had just come loose at a fitting and took about 10 minutes and $3. Loco then wussed out of the noon time ride because he drank too much tequila the night before, but decided to reschedule for 5:30. Five o'clock comes and here comes the finally PM that he is going to get shocks instead of ride after I got up from nap an hour early to ride.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Five o'clock comes and here comes the finally PM that he is going to get shocks instead of ride after I got up from nap an hour early to ride.
I ordered the shocks about an hour ago, so I can use that one again later in the week. :rolleyes:

*I regret not going to CP for sure. Oh well. I will make up for it at GnG. Plan on a big hug. :sneaky:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
konabumm said:
I got 19th out of 26

6 of the riders DNF

Sport 1, I'm a noob to MTB racing.

I'm not much of a XC racer I know that much...... I'm hoping to try a DH race later this year, I think I'll do much better at that.

6 dnf's wow - at least you finished the race!
sport class around here has some damn fast guys in it, be it XC or DH

splat

Nam I am
Good Morning

Uneventful Weekend , Saturday Rained Like Hell, So we went to 6 flags. I really didn't want to go , but there was a concert there she really wanted to see ( and were season pass Holders ) so were went , while we Wife and Daughter were at Concert Pete and I rode teh Roller coasters ! ther ewere no Lines and all the coasters were open , a couple times were didn't even get out of our seat and we just went again. But doing the high speed coasters in rain fells like rocks hitting you in the face.

Sunday , was able to get a little Paddeling in, my daughter and I kayaked around a local pond.

was going to ride in this morning but it was raining and Cold ( 40 Degrees ) so I drove , clearing now so Hopefully a lunch ride will be in order.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning loco. What is this, the "bling" GMT?

Tried to build narlus' computer yesterday. Got it all built, and found out the motherboard was DOA. Argh. ~4 hours wasted. No boot, no post, no beep codes. Ugh. Even with nothing but the CPU and the speaker plugged in, still no beep codes.

Damn you, ASUS.

Took a couple pictures of it built, though, and should be able to step narlus through the last of the build when he gets the mobo back from warrenty. Oh well. And it was good to meet a fellow :monkey:, regardless.

Had a great dinner on Saturday celebrating my dad and stepmom's birthday. Too bad it rained all weekend.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I volunteered for the Special Olympics Saturday. (no jokes, please :rolleyes: ) After that I distrubuted some flyers for "ride to work day" to the local bike shops.

Sunday we took the dog to doggy school and worked on "heel" then we all went for a hike. After that I came home and put new seals in my wife's fork (2001 Marz z-4). I didn't have the right tools to install the new wipers but I rooted around in the house and found a wine bottle opener that was just the right size and pressed those suckers right in. I got the fork put all back together and filled it with oil and then tried to put air in it, only to find that my shock pump was dead. :dead: So I guess I have to go back to the bike shop to have them put some air in it.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
binary visions said:
Damn you, ASUS.
wow.. ASUS does (or at least always did) make some pretty nice boards. Back when I was building PCs on a regular basis, I always went with ABIT boards because of their soft bios, but ASUS was right up there.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I haven't ridden in almost a week :(

Saturday was great though, got tons of trailwork done.

Sunday was a stiff rogering in the form of 13 hours at work :dead:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jacksonpt said:
wow.. ASUS does (or at least always did) make some pretty nice boards. Back when I was building PCs on a regular basis, I always went with ABIT boards because of their soft bios, but ASUS was right up there.
ASUS makes great boards. I'm just frustrated that narlus & I spent that much time on it, and I feel a little bad that I couldn't even leave him with a working computer (even if I had no control over it).

I did a bunch of searches to see if there were alternate solutions and it seems like this particular board had a bunch of lemons out of the factory - people with the same problem we had: not even a beep code, even though juice was getting to the board (fans turned on, LED came on, etc.)

Meh.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - Yep Laura did really well on Friday - IAB and MBC were good ride supporters for her and were very encouraging. She enjoyed herself and I was stoked that she was out on the trails with us.

This weekend we'll be hitting a local bike shop consignment sale in search of a good used road bike. Hopefully we'll find something nice.

So Friday night = trail ride followed by killer bbq at IAB and MBCs house
Saturday = rainy day chillin on the couch and whatnot
Sunday = a couple of good long walks with Bailey, Liam's hockey game, helping Laura with some stuff around her house, bbq chicken dinner, and then Friendly's ice cream with Laura and her girls.

I just got out of a 2 hour meeting - BORING - and now I have to head back to the Health Center for my MRI appointment at 2:30 *fingers crossed*, and then this evening I have to attend a the first part of a 6 hour parenting education class that is mandatory for me to get divorced on May 16th! The second three hours is Tomorrow night and then all the steps needed to get divorced will be completed aside from signing the divorce agreement - which we've both verbally agreed looks fine.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
ROCKLAND said:
The exit of Porcupine Rim ?
Yup! Saturday was perfect for Porc Rim. Blue skies and low 80's. Lots of people, but that was to be expected. We rode Poison Spider on Friday then Porc Rim on Saturday. Woke up Sunday to rain, so we bagged going to Bartlett Wash and drove home. It poured rain all the way from Grand Junction to Denver. The only time it stopped was when it turned to snow over Vail Pass and Loveland Pass.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
pixelninja said:
Yup! Saturday was perfect for Porc Rim. Blue skies and low 80's. Lots of people, but that was to be expected. We rode Poison Spider on Friday then Porc Rim on Saturday. Woke up Sunday to rain, so we bagged going to Bartlett Wash and drove home. It poured rain all the way from Grand Junction to Denver. The only time it stopped was when it turned to snow over Vail Pass and Loveland Pass.
Cool. :cool: Way fun place. I'm still thinking about it.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Morning - Yep Laura did really well on Friday - IAB and MBC were good ride supporters for her and were very encouraging. She enjoyed herself and I was stoked that she was out on the trails with us.
Laura's got a lot of potential as a biker. She did a hell of a lot better on her first ride than I did. She didn't have much of a problem keeping up the pace, it's just her technical skills that need to be developed.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
as BV mentioned, it was not a fruitful PC build day, but absolutely through no fault of his. hopefully the swap will be a non-issue and i can get the thing going. did get out to a low-key b-day party down the street in the afternoon, and then the sun was out so Miles and i did a bit of riding in the street. was tooling around on the wife's 222, and i think i've finally gotten close to that sweet spot vis a vis wheelieing.

sat was a wash-out too...didn't do much. was gonna get a new cutting board (dedicate my current wooden one to garlic/onion duty), but couldnt' find what i wanted.