Quantcast

*$*Good Monday Morning*$*

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I did my first century! i finished with an on bike time of 7 hours and 25 minutes.

I am not as sore as I thought I would be........Which is nice

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
Hi all!

I've spent the weekend builkding stunts for "le festival des iles de boucherville" wich is an outdoor festival the weekend of may 14th 15th, Me and the gang from Allez-y.net got the contract to build a non permanent north shore trail...

We have worked to finish the expert run... the run finishes with a choice of 3 exits.: a triple teeter totter , a cable bridge downrun or a 6" drop... :)

go Here to see some stunts and a cool video!

if any of you are around montreal for the weekend of may 14th-15th you are all welcome to try the stunts.

we will move the stunts to duscheney near quebec city for the weekend of may 28 and 29th.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i spent the weekend taking pictures of people when listening to music (seattle symphony, tchaikovsky 2 and dvorak cello concerto), playing music (verdi requiem :thumb: ) or playing sports (slow pitch and badminton).

highlights:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
narlus said:
as BV mentioned, it was not a fruitful PC build day, but absolutely through no fault of his. hopefully the swap will be a non-issue and i can get the thing going. did get out to a low-key b-day party down the street in the afternoon, and then the sun was out so Miles and i did a bit of riding in the street. was tooling around on the wife's 222, and i think i've finally gotten close to that sweet spot vis a vis wheelieing.

sat was a wash-out too...didn't do much. was gonna get a new cutting board (dedicate my current wooden one to garlic/onion duty), but couldnt' find what i wanted.
GAH!

What a pain. I hope the rest of the spec is okay! I feel like an architect who's building won't get done because of bad welds... :think:

I did nothing but gardening all weekend. Turned and cultivated 90% of the soil in the back yard. Blisters were soon to arrive on my hands.

Harvested: chard, chard and more chard. It's the only thing besides spinach coming in so far. I'm already sick of it. :rolleyes:

Planted: snow peas and some squash seedlings in addition to the roma tomato and pepper seedlings that are getting established.
Still to go:
Melon
Tomato
Echinachia
Corn
Zukes
Brocholli

Un-planted and re-planted in pots: peppermint seedlings.
On my mom's advise. Apparently it's a good idea to NOT let peppermint get established in a vegetable garden. I spreads FAST.

New discovery: cocoa husk mulch. makes the whole garden smell like chocolate.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
H8R said:
<snip>Un-planted and re-planted in pots: peppermint seedlings.
On my mom's advise. Apparently it's a good idea to NOT let peppermint get established in a vegetable garden. I spreads FAST.
Yeah - that $hit is a weed. Should result in some good mojitos, though. :thumb:

New discovery: cocoa husk mulch. makes the whole garden smell like chocolate.
Where do you get weird stuff like this? :think:

-S.S.-

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
H8R said:
What a pain. I hope the rest of the spec is okay!
The hard drives and CD drives all spun up, and the power supply is clearly okay, since it was supplying adequate power to get 3 HDDs, 2 CD drives and assorted fans/LEDs going.

Obviously we couldn't check anything else, though.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
Where do you get weird stuff like this? :think:

-S.S.-
Saw it in Home Depot. About $7 for a bag. (2X the cost of regular bagged mulch :mumble: )

I didn't want it, but the wife was determined. Put down a thin layer of lawn trimmings, and the cocoa mulch over that.

In the future I'll restrict it to the front flower beds. It looks and smells great, but meh - mulch is mulch.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
binary visions said:
The hard drives and CD drives all spun up, and the power supply is clearly okay, since it was supplying adequate power to get 3 HDDs, 2 CD drives and assorted fans/LEDs going.

Obviously we couldn't check anything else, though.
I know you checked this, but...

All the jumpers on the mobo were in the correct spots? Some mobos won't even beep if the jumpers aren't all good. (the clear CMOS jumper for instance).

Just an idea.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
jacksonpt said:
Sean has his 2 week appointment today; hopefully we'll be starting him on cereal soon so he sleeps in longer stretches.
:think:

My kid was on nothing but milk for months. Keep the cereal to a minimum, kids need all the benefits of the milk. (antibodies, etc.)

And hubby gets the surplus.

:D :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
H8R said:
Saw it in Home Depot. About $7 for a bag. (2X the cost of regular bagged mulch :mumble: )

I didn't want it, but the wife was determined. Put down a thin layer of lawn trimmings, and the cocoa mulch over that.

In the future I'll restrict it to the front flower beds. It looks and smells great, but meh - mulch is mulch.
We've got a greenhouse near our place that has bulk material. I take my 32 gallon trash can, pay for 1/4 yard of stuff (usually $6-12 depending on whether it's potting soil, mulch, compost, etc.) and fill the can up.

Too bad they don't have cocoa mulch in bulk. :D

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
H8R said:
:think:

My kid was on nothing but milk for months. Keep the cereal to a minimum, kids need all the benefits of the milk. (antibodies, etc.)

:D :thumb:
Ours started solid food from 5-6 months, but it was always just an addition to "the good stuff" ;)

This newest addition started just before 4 months, but that was because he'd sit in is high chair at dinner at watch enraptured as we ate and drank stuff.

Hopefully he's not walking at 8 months. :dead:

-S.S.-

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
H8R said:
I know you checked this, but...

All the jumpers on the mobo were in the correct spots? Some mobos won't even beep if the jumpers aren't all good. (the clear CMOS jumper for instance).

Just an idea.
Yep, checked all the jumpers.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
MtnBikerChk said:
**chanting**

CLIP-LESS
CLIP-LESS
CLIP-LESS

btw, I'm coming with you to the shops :devil:
Yep! Good deal on coming with us to the Benidorm sale. If you have an old T-shirt from some other bike shop - bring it with you and you'll get a free Benidorm one in exchange! :)

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
Sweet!!! Now your shocks are worth more than your Datsun.:thumb:
Well, we didn't all marry some high dollar toy designer. :think: I don't want a bling machine anyway.