Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
HOw is everybody today?

My weekend was pretty tame. Friday I stayed in and caught up on the deadwood episodes I missed.
Saturday I ran up to CT to pick up a plotter I purchased on Ebay. Then came home and cleaned the house.
Sunday I went for a road ride on my hardtail. I'm glad I decided to keep that HT and build it up. With a pair of slicks it rides great on the roads.
Then I worked on my group final project for Architecture class.

Hope ya all have a great day!

splat

Nam I am
Morning !

Busy Weekend. Saturday We had the Dedication of the Land NEMBA purchased in Vietnam , So first thing I had to ride to the Plaque and Put staple arrows to the trees so the walkers would know how to get there, then I went over to the starting point and met up with all the riders , and led the first wave of people through. ( Dave Watson was not in my Group then ) then we did the Dedication , then a Big ride which I Co-Led . See My Mt Bike celebration Thread .

then that Night there was the NEMBA Mt Bike video awards , which was a blast , and if you look at the other thread the Picture of My SOn with Dave Watson, We printed it out and took itto the Video awards and Dave Watson Autographed for him ! My Son was in Heaven!

Then SUnday did another Long Rideand it rained on us and So forth !

Today Hope to get a Lunch time ride in.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

Went to my dad's new house in Cape Cod this weekend, and bashed apart a cast iron tub with a sledgehammer. Good times, good times. Broke the sledgehammer, too - the handle split.

Too bad it rained the whole time so I couldn't do much in the way of exploring the beaches and such.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Bout time you got here.

Another jizzydave weekend for me, all trailwork and no riding.
THat Jizzydave thing is a little old now.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey kids! I am tired as hell this morning. Had a 9:00 hockey game last night. I hate those late Sunday night games. :( (we tied...no goals for me).

No riding for me or MBC all weekend. Despite no riding, we had a good weekend. We went to the gym all three days...my legs are killing me from doing squats yesterday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning !

Busy Weekend. Saturday We had the Dedication of the Land NEMBA purchased in Vietnam , So first thing I had to ride to the Plaque and Put staple arrows to the trees so the walkers would know how to get there, then I went over to the starting point and met up with all the riders , and led the first wave of people through. ( Dave Watson was not in my Group then ) then we did the Dedication , then a Big ride which I Co-Led . See My Mt Bike celebration Thread .

then that Night there was the NEMBA Mt Bike video awards , which was a blast , and if you look at the other thread the Picture of My SOn with Dave Watson, We printed it out and took itto the Video awards and Dave Watson Autographed for him ! My Son was in Heaven!

Then SUnday did another Long Rideand it rained on us and So forth !

Today Hope to get a Lunch time ride in.
Yeah I saw that pics! Thats great man!! Congrats to your son!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
And before anyone asks, no, the sledgehammer that I broke had neither shocks, nor pegs. I still haven't seen the movie, but I figured I'd fend off the quote before it occured :p

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got a new road bike on Friday but I might as well see if I can return it. Something bad happened in my knee yesterday, have a Dr's appointment but if I had to guess I'd say a chunk of cartilage came loose. Feels like I have a piece of gravel stuck under one of the tendons.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had a good ride Friday. Started off as a short, easy paced let-start-getting-back-into-shape ride. 2.5 hours later, after an obscene amount of climbing, getting lost, 20 minutes of hike-a-biking down a creek (mountain runoff this time of year is friggin cold, btw), and a 10 mile road ride back to my car I was done. It was an adventure to say the least, but it kicked ass. Sunday night my legs were still sore.

Yesterday had the dreaded conversation with my wife... "Can I start riding to work?" After some "negotiating", so hesitantly gave in. Not sure if it's going to happen this week, but definitely next week... just in time for national bike to work week.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
Got a new road bike on Friday but I might as well see if I can return it. Something bad happened in my knee yesterday, have a Dr's appointment but if I had to guess I'd say a chunk of cartilage came loose. Feels like I have a piece of gravel stuck under one of the tendons.
Oh damn! Did it just happen all the sudden? Or did you wreck or twist it or something?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
SHEET!!!! Sounds painful. :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Ha. I'm gonna use it all the time now because I know it annoys you.
Hey check you PM's. It annoys me when you check your PM's BTW.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
G'Mornin'! Back from vacation! Had a great, RELAXING time in Jamaica. I've got some pics, but they need to be resized before I can post them, so none today. On the downside, I haven't been on a bike in 9 days and I think I've got the shakes!! Thank god there's a group ride tomorrow!! :D

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
the weekend went by wat too fast. Saturday it poured here so I figured the later i got up the better. Saturday night i went to a friends weddingthat was totally outrageous. First off she had a bus to go from her house to the celebration. I knew i was in trouble when I walked on and there was a cooler filled with beer and alcohol. if order to get on the bus you had to do a shot. they even extended the party an extra 2 hrs.. so it went form 7-2 in the morning!!!! Needless to say due to several to many kettle-ones on the rocks I never woke in time for Bike NY. I was a little upset because its the first time i missed it in over 10 yrs but ooo well, i wouldnt have missed the wedding for the world.
Riding in this morning my legs seemed very tired. As I rode in, I was wondering why , I didnt ride at all over the weekend so it was really odd that I sore. Then it hit me.... Thanks to my beatutifl wife we must have spent 4 hours on the Dance floor Sat night.. so i guess i did get my workout in!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Had a good ride Friday. Started off as a short, easy paced let-start-getting-back-into-shape ride. 2.5 hours later, after an obscene amount of climbing, getting lost, 20 minutes of hike-a-biking down a creek (mountain runoff this time of year is friggin cold, btw), and a 10 mile road ride back to my car I was done. It was an adventure to say the least, but it kicked ass. Sunday night my legs were still sore.

Yesterday had the dreaded conversation with my wife... "Can I start riding to work?" After some "negotiating", so hesitantly gave in. Not sure if it's going to happen this week, but definitely next week... just in time for national bike to work week.
I got lost in stewart the other week. First time that happened in a long time, but it was nice. I made me ride longer which was a good thing.

splat

Nam I am
Westy said:
that is exactly what I am going through too! I know your Pain! only I havea Piece of Cartilage that gets stuck under the Knee cap. if it makes you feel any better It gets less sevre ( at least with me ) each time it gets caught , but it is dam annoying ! and I am looking to get it scoped at the end of the season.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
the weekend went by wat too fast. Saturday it poured here so I figured the later i got up the better. Saturday night i went to a friends weddingthat was totally outrageous. First off she had a bus to go from her house to the celebration. I knew i was in trouble when I walked on and there was a cooler filled with beer and alcohol. if order to get on the bus you had to do a shot. they even extended the party an extra 2 hrs.. so it went form 7-2 in the morning!!!! Needless to say due to several to many kettle-ones on the rocks I never woke in time for Bike NY. I was a little upset because its the first time i missed it in over 10 yrs but ooo well, i wouldnt have missed the wedding for the world.
Riding in this morning my legs seemed very tired. As I rode in, I was wondering why , I didnt ride at all over the weekend so it was really odd that I sore. Then it hit me.... Thanks to my beatutifl wife we must have spent 4 hours on the Dance floor Sat night.. so i guess i did get my workout in!!!!
Sounds awesome!! I think all weddings should go till 2am.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
jacksonpt said:
whatcha get? Bummer about your knee - you tweak it or something, or was it just out of the blue.
I had an enduro race yesterday, 40 mile single lap. Half way through my knee felt a little weird. At one point we had to cross a deep fast moving stream with really cold water. My tired legs really tightened up after that and the knee pain became really bad and continued to get worse. I could really only pedal with one leg and had to limp my way out of the woods. No visible swelling and it only hurts in a certain position. Can feel a nasty grinding sensation when moving it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
splat said:
that is exactly what I am going through too! I know your Pain! only I havea Piece of Cartilage that gets stuck under the Knee cap. if it makes you feel any better It gets less sevre ( at least with me ) each time it gets caught , but it is dam annoying ! and I am looking to get it scoped at the end of the season.
Does having it floating around cause any further damage? I'll suffer through the rest of the year if I don't make things worse.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Oh, funny LBS story.....

I went into a shop yesterday looking for a longer seatpost for my XC bike. They did not have one longer than 310mm (I wanted 400). Without even seeing my bike, some fat, old LBS employee told me my bike was too small. Then, he tried selling me a used bike they had in stock. LMAO! I go looking for a $40-$50 seatpost, and they try selling me a new bike. :rolleyes:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
damn westy, thats sucks!
we need details!

Went to Bost on Sat morn to visit my sis, we went to the least funny comedy show i ever saw

This one manager at work, who is on the top of my **** list, is now on the owners and general managers **** lists :D The GM told me he's getting in all sorts of trouble for erasing a break off his computerized time card.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Oh, funny LBS story.....

I went into a shop yesterday looking for a longer seatpost for my XC bike. They did not have one longer than 310mm (I wanted 400). Without even seeing my bike, some fat, old LBS employee told me my bike was too small. Then, he tried selling me a used bike they had in stock. LMAO! I go looking for a $40-$50 seatpost, and they try selling me a new bike. :rolleyes:
Good thing you're not MMcG or their trick would have worked. :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
pretty lame weekend. weather was crap. ran some errands on sat, and went to a friend's surprise 40th b-day party. that was fun. sunday i was gonna ride, but the weather was miserable, so i decided to start re-organing the few thousand cds laying in piles on my floor. did a rough sort by grouping; now i need to parse down further. at least i found that walkabouts cd i was looking for (it was behind the delgados cd in the same case), as well as Mercury Rev's 1st one. now if i could only find my missing medeski martin and wood _Shack Man_ disc...

heading off to greenville SC tonight for a few days. might not be on the monkey for a while.

J

JRB

Good morning. Pretty good weekend. Went to see Robert Earl Keen on Saturday. It was good, and the people were interesting to say the least. The best was getting to Wumpus' house and seeing him in a hologram shirt. He wouldn't wear it, but it was funny as hell thinking he might. Met Stoney Parker too. You may ask who that it, he will be famous one day. Heading to Chicago at 11 for a meeting tomorrow.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
heading off to greenville SC tonight for a few days. might not be on the monkey for a while.
Please start a new thread about this so no one worries. If you can, include pictures of your wok.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
pretty lame weekend. weather was crap. ran some errands on sat, and went to a friend's surprise 40th b-day party. that was fun. sunday i was gonna ride, but the weather was miserable, so i decided to start re-organing the few thousand cds laying in piles on my floor. did a rough sort by grouping; now i need to parse down further. at least i found that walkabouts cd i was looking for (it was behind the delgados cd in the same case), as well as Mercury Rev's 1st one. now if i could only find my missing medeski martin and wood _Shack Man_ disc...
Where do you find out about/hear about these bands that you speak of???? :confused:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the walkabouts were on the 1st wave of the sub pop movement, but really didn't fit in w/ the whole grunge scene. someone once wrote "sensitive hippies w/ big amps". pretty much fits the bill, although they have definitely evolved in interim. going on about 20 years now.

delgados just called it a day, aside from mogwai and perhaps belle & sebastian, my fave scottish band ever. they have been around since '95 and put out 5 stellar cds.

mercury rev is now grouped w/ the flaming lips, larlgely on the shared membership of dave fridmann (who coincidentally produced the delgados _Hate_ cd). the 1st two cds were very different from what they became, when david baker was the singer (he left after _Boces_). "Frittering" is a modern-day psych classic. love that song.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
:nuts: :nuts:
I was looking for you on Sat. I didn't see you anywhere. I did however go to the Dunkin Donuts across the street from the parking lot. They had the nicest counter people in the world, I think they might have been stoned or something....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
I was looking for you on Sat. I didn't see you anywhere. I did however go to the Dunkin Donuts across the street from the parking lot. They had the nicest counter people in the world, I think they might have been stoned or something....
They are just always nice at that Dunkin Donuts.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
they are high on donut fumes.

what is the deal w/ these new flavored coffees from DD? i really don't like their normal coffee, but this crap is way over the top.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
narlus said:
they are high on donut fumes.

what is the deal w/ these new flavored coffees from DD? i really don't like their normal coffee, but this crap is way over the top.
I wonder if Krispy Krap is doing the same thing. I stopped for a quick road coffee and it tasted like donuts. I ended up dumping it. :blah:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning, all!!

Good weekend.....just kinda hung out. Rained pretty hard on Sat. night which killed all of Sunday's ride plans. Did a lot of work on my DJ's and built another berm or two. Nothing special.

Glad to hear you're a fan of Deadwood, stosh. My absolute favorite show on television. I've been trying to get my friends into it, but..............this IS the south, so the language structure on the show tends to get in the way of their general understanding. Not many people have the patience to stick with it, or appreciate the almost iambic pentameter speech patterns----I call it "Redneck Yoda." :p Last night's ep. was awesome........Seth is gonna rage if William dies.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
HAHAHA

Poor Mark. :D

Yeah, so I went online when I got home from the shop and ordered a 400mm seatpost and a WTB saddle for $40 (total).

well, what is the deal with needing a longer post? did you grow over the winter?