Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a great weekend! Saturday I rode with Jackson and my GF and a friend from work.

Sunday I did NOTHING and it was great!! :)

Hope ya all have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Also had a good weekend. Had a great ride - thanks. Hopefully we can do it again this summer...

Didn't do much Sunday... legs were pretty tired so I kinda took it easy. Did some typical family type stuff, that's about it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Also had a good weekend. Had a great ride - thanks. Hopefully we can do it again this summer...

Didn't do much Sunday... legs were pretty tired so I kinda took it easy. Did some typical family type stuff, that's about it.
Hey it seems a few pics were missing from the ones you posted, got a link to them?

PS. Thanks for the speedies by the way!

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
good morning,i had to work all weekend.
whos going to the us open this weekend? i will be there fri,sat ,and sun

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning !!! Had a Good weekend of riding despite the Threatening weather all weekend long .

Saw the Pis of You riding :thumb:

and it looks Pretty much definate that I will be goign to that ranch near you in August ( wife made reservations there) .
Let me know because the dark horse 40 is August 7th.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
phil said:
good morning,i had to work all weekend.
whos going to the us open this weekend? i will be there fri,sat ,and sun

I think I'm gonna head down as a spectator for Sunday. My plans are still up in the air though.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning Y'all.

Opted for some long road rides this weekend. My knee really bothered me on Saturday, tried a different icing/drug strategy for Sunday and everything felt great. Will be spending the week preparing for the 24 hours of Burn down in North Carolina next weekend.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
good olde morning! I rode all friggin weekend. Saturday I wrapped myself around a tree going around 25-30 MPH. Still not too sure if anything is broken yet. The swelling is too much to tell. With that said, I rode all day Sunday too, toughed it out and had a blast.

Oh, I broke my der freeriding on my DJ bike yesterday. So I sat and looked at it for a bit, then proceeded to do the trailside repair of month. I removed the der., shifter, cable+housing. Then I cut the chain down to SS size and used the lower roller on my chainguide to tension it! It's the greatest thing ever, and I think I might leave it this way..

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Hey it seems a few pics were missing from the ones you posted, got a link to them?
Some of them didn't turn out very well. I'll up load them and post up the link. Not really worth posting them up here, IMO.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

Didn't get to ride or work out all weekend :dead: - my own fault, though.

Had a good cook-out last night in the rain. Chicken legs, pork tenderloin and sausages. Bunch of friends came over, drank some beer and had a good time.

Hopefully going to see Star Wars tonight!

Wish all this blasted rain would clear up...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Excellent weekend!!! Despite getting a dog last weekend which in theory was supposed to effectively end our riding careers, we somehow managed to squeeze eight solid hours of riding in this past weekend. :D Then last night I had a hockey game we lost.

I am getting destroyed at work this morning...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Some of them didn't turn out very well. I'll up load them and post up the link. Not really worth posting them up here, IMO.
you can PM me if you like.

I know Jeremy was falling off his bike in the one and only pic of him but I told him I would e-mail him some pics. No biggie though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning stosh.

Didn't get to ride or work out all weekend :dead: - my own fault, though.

Had a good cook-out last night in the rain. Chicken legs, pork tenderloin and sausages. Bunch of friends came over, drank some beer and had a good time.

Hopefully going to see Star Wars tonight!

Wish all this blasted rain would clear up...
Weekend weather wasn't bad but this week it's supposed to be f'ing nasty all week!

J

JRB

Good morning. Rode Saturday and woke up sweating like mad in the tent Sunday. Didn't do crap yesterday except see the Star Wars flick. I don't get the title thought. What revenge was served by the Sith???

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
I actually rode a bike this past w/e! :eek:

An firend of mine leads a boy scout troop and I volunteered to lead them on a easy mtn bike at Jim Thorpe. They had a good time and it flet good to be on a bike again after far too long... :(

Trail-note on Jim Thorpe: there are TONS of trees down. And by "trees" I don't mean the fun kind you can jump over, but trees ith branches, leaves, etc that you have to portage over (unless you're Hans Rey...) I only rode on one trail with the kids (the Switchback railroad) and it eventually got to the point where the trail was not passible and we turned back. Even still, there was a lot of hike-a-bike involved. Apparently, the entire area was hit pretty hard by ice storms over the Winter. I can't imagine the single track trails will be much better. Hopefully, the locals will have them clear by MBW?

Sunday: didn't do much... brunch with our car-friends.... played with the cars some... yard work...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Fri eve: Met up with a National Fish & Wildlife officer to look at a newly aquired wildlife refuge area to see where a mtb trail could be built through the park.

Sat: Cleaned the house and watered the lawn. Finished putting together my audio component rack in my lounge. That evening we had some friends over for snacks and drinks.

Sun: Didn't do much, but did go see Star Wars E3. I thought it was pretty lame.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Good morning. Rode Saturday and woke up sweating like mad in the tent Sunday. Didn't do crap yesterday except see the Star Wars flick. I don't get the title thought. What revenge was served by the Sith???
My guess is I someone would have to have seen the movie or read the book to answer this question.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
you can PM me if you like.

I know Jeremy was falling off his bike in the one and only pic of him but I told him I would e-mail him some pics. No biggie though.
eh, no big deal. Here you go... more pics from Saturday that did not make the first cut.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Hung out with the kids on Saturday.

Sunday I rode to the trails and did a loop. First really hot ride of the year. :dead:

We set record high temps both Saturday(97*) and Sunday(99*).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
I actually rode a bike this past w/e! :eek:

An firend of mine leads a boy scout troop and I volunteered to lead them on a easy mtn bike at Jim Thorpe. They had a good time and it flet good to be on a bike again after far too long... :(

Trail-not on Jim Thorpe: there are TONS of trees down. And by "trees" I don't mean the fun kind you can jump over, but trees ith branches, leaves, etc that you have to portage over (unless you're Hans Rey...) I only rode on one trail with the kids (the Switchback railroad) and it eventually got to the point where the trail was not passible and we turned back. Even still, there was a lot of hike-a-bike involved. Apparently, the entire area was hit pretty hard by ice storms over the Winter. I can't imagine the single track trails will be much better. Hopefully, the locals will have them clear by MBW?
wow, thanks for the update!! I'm surprised the switchback trail was still covered.

I was watching OLN the other day and they had the HUGE paintball course from Jim Thorpe on it. Man that place is friggan huge!!!

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:

Rode on Friday, Rode on Saturday, Rode on Sunday. Took a spill on Saturday, woke up Sunday to find my right shoulder to be sore and swollen.

Just going to rest today.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
stosh said:
wow, thanks for the update!! I'm surprised the switchback trail was still covered.

I was watching OLN the other day and they had the HUGE paintball course from Jim Thorpe on it. Man that place is friggan huge!!!
The upper switchback was pretty bad. We got a little way past the cave and then it got to the point where the trail was basically completely covered. I had hoped to get them to the top of Thumper (baby-head descent into town), but it wasn't to be... A ride that should have taken less than two hours (1/2 the kids were 10 or younger on 20" bikes) ended up taking over three.

If you take the lower switchback up to the town and then into the Strip Mine trails, it'll be fine. But taking the upper trail out of the Strip Mines will add some time to your ride.... No telling what the strip mine single track will look like considering those aren't really sanctioned trails and therefore are only maintained by local riders. Hopefully, the park service will clear some of the trees, otherwise, anyone getting up there early in the week should bring a bob-trailer and a chainsaw... :(

There has been paintball in Thorpe for years... although I haven't a clue where it is... :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
yep, that's it... especially on the climbs :rolleyes:
ha, well if I didn't have to stop for your constant falling... :)

Just kidding man!! I had a great time riding! Thanks for coming all the way down, I take it you didn't fall asleep.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
ha, well if I didn't have to stop for your constant falling... :)

Just kidding man!! I had a great time riding! Thanks for coming all the way down, I take it you didn't fall asleep.
whatever man... my falls happened further up the hills than you ever made.

:wink:

Happy to make the trip - the drive gives me some time to myself, which is good. The ride is awesome. The company, eh. So all in all, it's well worth it. And no, I didn't fall asleep - got close a couple of times, but I made it home safe.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the weekend started off good and early w/ the well-documented MMcG freedom ride #1. the drive back was a bit crappy but only the tail-end. god i am so glad i don't have to drive on the highway for my commute.

sat we went to a local carnival and the kids had fun. later that day i went down to my friend's bachelor party and boarded the bus for Mohegan Sun. damn what a mix of humanity. and the place is gigantic. i actually didn't lose any money because i didn't gamble at all. wasn't into it, and the people watching (both good and bad) was free. one guy in our group made over 2 grand. he doubled down twice w/ about 600 on the bet line and won both hands.

got to sleep very late (3:30AM) so i bagged the 'nam ride. drove home in the afternoon, spent more time fixing mp3 tags and loading up my new PC, and went for a walk w/ the kids. ended up at a neighbor's house and the kids played for a while.

damn does this weather suck. no end in sight. it's freakin' 48 today. :mumble:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Finished the last race of our local series this weekend...got second place for both the race and the series overall standings. Despite the triple digit heat I had a great time this weekend! :)

Have a good day everyone! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jr_Bullit said:
G'mornin - me's here, and then there - taking a break between morning events. :) 7 minutes till the next one.
I'm just sitting here in LIMBO... waiting to find out if the job I've been working on is a go or a NO GO.... either way it should extend the date of when I get my raise out even longer.