Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
f'n yo morning crew.

friday i played cards and worked, saturday worked and helped my boss move then went drankin, sunday, worked and played cards.

i bought a whitewater kayak this weekend. so i am going to start learning that this week.

i started my week this morning by catching and relocating a big fat black snake that was lingering above the door of our retail area. it was probably right at 5 feet long.after releasing him i took a bunch of pics of him at his new home (a stump in the woods) i would post them if i could get them onto this comp.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
the weekend started off good and early w/ the well-documented MMcG freedom ride #1. the drive back was a bit crappy but only the tail-end. god i am so glad i don't have to drive on the highway for my commute.

sat we went to a local carnival and the kids had fun. later that day i went down to my friend's bachelor party and boarded the bus for Mohegan Sun. damn what a mix of humanity. and the place is gigantic. i actually didn't lose any money because i didn't gamble at all. wasn't into it, and the people watching (both good and bad) was free. one guy in our group made over 2 grand. he doubled down twice w/ about 600 on the bet line and won both hands.

got to sleep very late (3:30AM) so i bagged the 'nam ride. drove home in the afternoon, spent more time fixing mp3 tags and loading up my new PC, and went for a walk w/ the kids. ended up at a neighbor's house and the kids played for a while.

damn does this weather suck. no end in sight. it's freakin' 48 today. :mumble:
You ever been to Atlantic City?
Talk about a mix of humanity...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
f'n yo morning crew.

friday i played cards and worked, saturday worked and helped my boss move then went drankin, sunday, worked and played cards.

i bought a whitewater kayak this weekend. so i am going to start learning that this week.

i started my week this morning by catching and relocating a big fat black snake that was lingering above the door of our retail area. it was probably right at 5 feet long.after releasing him i took a bunch of pics of him at his new home (a stump in the woods) i would post them if i could get them onto this comp.
ha, how long was he above the door?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Didn't do too much this weekend. We went for a XC short single track ride on Thursday last week. I started teaching my wife to stand up and get behind the seat on steeper downhill sections. She's starting to gain a little more confidence which is great. She's ruling on the uphills but downs sort of scare her.

Friday it rained like hell all day. All we managed to do was to go walk the dog in a steady drizzle. Yuck.

Saturday was glorious so we got up and made a big breakfast and played with the dog and then spend most of the day ummm "just lounging around." In the evening we took the canoe out and paddled around a little bit checking out the birds and turtles and muskrats.

Sunday we did a little exploring near Frederick MD and ended up hiking around 6 miles on the AT. It was a pretty fun weekend. No actual push to get anything done or get anywhere particular. Just relaxing and exploring.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Finished the last race of our local series this weekend...got second place for both the race and the series overall standings. Despite the triple digit heat I had a great time this weekend! :)

Have a good day everyone! :)

Congrats!! Last race already? Oh yeah it's Cali

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
biggins said:
f'n yo morning crew.

Too bad you couldn't keep him at the store. They get pretty friendly after awhile. My mom has a black snake that lives in her barn. It's been there for years. Whenever she goes to feed the horses it comes out from where ever its been hiding and hangs down from the rafters and just watches what ever is going on. They really don't seem to mind people at all. The good thing about them, in addition to them eating mice, is that they will eat rattlers and copperheads. I guess your run of the mile customer would understand that though would they?

Have fun boatin' Its at least as addictive as riding. And you are in boater central. Go hit the Nanny, Section 9, and the upper Green right away. You'll start wishing for weeks of rain instead of dry weather and your friends will all think you are weird.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
It was the last race of the Spring Series...there is a Cal State race on June 5. We may travel to do some other races after that. :)
oh gottcha!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
got to sleep very late (3:30AM) so i bagged the 'nam ride. drove home in the afternoon, spent more time fixing mp3 tags and loading up my new PC, and went for a walk w/ the kids.
ah, obsession :D (i do that too).

i had an active weekend: basketball/racquetball thursday, racquetball friday, disasterous mtn bike ride saturday + playing in concert #1, badminton + playing in concert #2 on sunday.

i led the group up the wrong fireroad on the ride, and ended up on the opposite side of the base of the mountain. we ended up climbing 3 miles on the shoulder of a 4 lane divided freeway, with RVs and trucks buzzing us... :dead:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
whats up everyone!!!!!
I am currently working nightshift so i just got up so sorry for the late paot!!!

The weekend was great..Saturday I wound up taking my singlespeed into manhattan .My wife and I rode to the NYC Bicycle show on 26 & Lex. It was ok this year, not as good as last year though. The guys from CVhunk 666 were not there this year. For those who dont know them.. they are the "custom" builders who weld frames on top of frames to make this huge bike. They have jousting competions.. there alla bunch a nuts that make for great entertainment. They did have Brooklyn, lager on hand but it wasnt the same without ht e fun chunk 666 activities going on. The best part of the day was a sale on biking socks.. defeet.. 6 for $20 not to bad.
My wife and i wound up riding 30 miles ..going to the west side and enjoying the parks. so all in all time well spent.

Sunday was suppsoed to be a day for diablo.. but silly me forgot I had to go on nights this week. and my nights start sunday night at 5pm... no time for diablo.. oh well thats all for now ..enjoy the day!!!! :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Toshi said:
ah, obsession :D (i do that too).
yeah, my wife's not a big fan of this at the moment. :o:

glad to hear no one got clipped by a high speed vehicle.

btw, what tagger do you use? tag & rename is pretty damn good. they used to be able to tap into the AllMusic.com site's info, but when AMG did their site rework it doesn't support. however, they do use Amazon's site, and added .ca, .jp and .fr to the original .com, .co.uk and .de sites so there is a lot of discs available (in addition to the freedb.org access). problem is, older cds get the wrong release date (typically it's when the cd was issued, not the original date).

yeah, i'm anal about these things. :think:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning everyone!!

Had a wonderful weekend at a friends cabin up in West Jefferson, NC. Did nothing and loved it. Brought my laptop up with me and got a little more familiar with this new software program our company is going to be moving to. Went for a hike at Jefferson Mtn. state park and a little pick-a-nick lunch at the top. The weather was beautiful, and we had the whole place to ourselves. Gotta love that. I'll put some pics up here in about an hour or so when I get some more time. Gotta run.......I'm designing my first roof and floor system sans assistance this morning, and things are getting pretty far along so I'll catch up to the thread later.

BTW.......Stosh, your MKIII looks like a blast to ride!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
yeah, my wife's not a big fan of this at the moment. :o:

glad to hear no one got clipped by a high speed vehicle.

btw, what tagger do you use? tag & rename is pretty damn good. they used to be able to tap into the AllMusic.com site's info, but when AMG did their site rework it doesn't support. however, they do use Amazon's site, and added .ca, .jp and .fr to the original .com, .co.uk and .de sites so there is a lot of discs available (in addition to the freedb.org access). problem is, older cds get the wrong release date (typically it's when the cd was issued, not the original date).

yeah, i'm anal about these things. :think:
i tag by hand! one window open to amazon, another in itunes. being able to batch-modify tags for an entire album in itunes is good enough for me.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
ha, how long was he above the door?
he had been hangin out for the better part of 2 weeks off and on so the ladies that work there finally got tired of him.

he was cool.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Toshi said:
i tag by hand! one window open to amazon, another in itunes. being able to batch-modify tags for an entire album in itunes is good enough for me.
check out Tag&Rename, it will save you a bunch of time. it's like $20 for the licence, def worth it to me.

The GodFather is a free app which is supposed to be good too, but i never really got around to using it. T&R was easy to use and works well.

a lot of the mp3s i've been working on have no ID tag info, which is why semi-automated works so well. if i had to cut and paste several fields for each disc... :dead:

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Good mornin. Had kind of a rough weekend after my mom had her accident she got transferred back here so i had a lot of **** to do around our house since my dad has been busy with her.

Got to ride yesterday and cranked out about 15 miles of trail on the heckler which was good and much needed since i havent ridden XC in awhile and need a stress reliever. Today i already ran, washed the dog, and now im gonna sit on my ass for quite a bit and read my book and watch the new star wars.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Good morning everyone!!

Had a wonderful weekend at a friends cabin up in West Jefferson, NC. Did nothing and loved it. Brought my laptop up with me and got a little more familiar with this new software program our company is going to be moving to. Went for a hike at Jefferson Mtn. state park and a little pick-a-nick lunch at the top. The weather was beautiful, and we had the whole place to ourselves. Gotta love that. I'll put some pics up here in about an hour or so when I get some more time. Gotta run.......I'm designing my first roof and floor system sans assistance this morning, and things are getting pretty far along so I'll catch up to the thread later.

BTW.......Stosh, your MKIII looks like a blast to ride!
can't wait to see the pics.

Yeah the bike has done pretty well. I was having some pinch flat problems with the stock tires so I switched them before my ride Sat and I haven't had a problem.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Stosh what size mk3 is that and is your seatpost extended to give you full lenght in the pics earlier in this thread?

If so how come everyones bike looks normal yet my damn heckler looks like im a xc race bike.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
mobius said:
Stosh what size mk3 is that and is your seatpost extended to give you full lenght in the pics earlier in this thread?

If so how come everyones bike looks normal yet my damn heckler looks like im a xc race bike.
could be your build? if you have a short torso and/or long legs for your height, you'll probably need to have your saddle higher. Just a guess.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
mobius said:

I'm a little confused by your question. The size is a Med/19" frame and I would say my seatpost is about 1/2 extended.

PS. Sorry about your mom, how's she doing today?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
stosh said:
I'm a little confused by your question. The size is a Med/19" frame and I would say my seatpost is about 1/2 extended.

PS. Sorry about your mom, how's she doing today?
Is that how tall your saddle has to be to get full leg extension for you? I think it might be my legs i'm 6 foot on a 19" heckler and my seatpost is so jacked up.

Mom is ok she broke her neck in 2 places after someone cut her off and flipping her ford escape. Also ripped all the skin off her arm but i think shes just happy to be alive and knowing she wont be paralyzed.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
mobius said:
Is that how tall your saddle has to be to get full leg extension for you? I think it might be my legs i'm 6 foot on a 19" heckler and my seatpost is so jacked up.

Mom is ok she broke her neck in 2 places after someone cut her off and flipping her ford escape. Also ripped all the skin off her arm but i think shes just happy to be alive and knowing she wont be paralyzed.
actually it's pretty good where it is for me and I'm 5'11". I could raise it up a tad bit if I was going to be cranking all day.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
mobius said:
what's your inseam?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon Monkeys! Busy weekend full of riding for me. Went out for our regular fun group ride on Friday night and managed to school a couple of the guys we normally ride with...guess I was having a good day. ;) Then it was a little urban riding (past the proms) to the bar for some beers & dinner.

Saturday morning was trail maintenance in preparation for our club event and then it was off to see Star Wars III.

Sunday was more riding at fun at our SMBA event. Good times for all. I lead a beginner group with a huge range of ages (the youngest was 7) and that was a lot of fun!!! Then I went on a fun longer ride to scope out our 24 hour race competition (with McGRP01) and managed to wack him on the head with my handle bars on my way by him :devil:

Good times this weekend for sure :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Then I went on a fun longer ride to scope out our 24 hour race competition (with McGRP01) and managed to wack him on the head with my handle bars on my way by him :devil:
What comes around goes around missy.... :sneaky:

Oh, and by the way, I have your pants whenever you'd like them back. ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
What comes around goes around missy.... :sneaky:

Oh, and by the way, I have your pants whenever you'd like them back. ;)
LOL! Sq-Earl was rolling when I told him about it. He couldn't belive I hit you in the head (on accident of course).

When are you riding this week? We're hoping to step it up and ride a LOT!!! We may even try to have soem big group rides over the Memorial Day weekend.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
When are you riding this week? We're hoping to step it up and ride a LOT!!! We may even try to have soem big group rides over the Memorial Day weekend.
Well, Kell is in St. Louis on business until Thurs., so Friday would be the soonest I could get out. I happen to be off that day as well, so I can ride anytime. Sat. my daughter has her dance recital, so I'm booked then. Sunday I can do a ride for sure. Let me know what you have planned and I'll try to meet you guys someone on one of my free days.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Well, Kell is in St. Louis on business until Thurs., so Friday would be the soonest I could get out. I happen to be off that day as well, so I can ride anytime. Sat. my daughter has her dance recital, so I'm booked then. Sunday I can do a ride for sure. Let me know what you have planned and I'll try to meet you guys someone on one of my free days.
Nice :thumb: I too have Friday off!!! I'll look at the calendar when I get home and schedule some rides.