Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a pretty good weekend. Friday night I went to my GF's softball game which was pretty funny. The whole league is like a league of bad news bears. The team my GF plays for isn't to bad and it's about the only team with hot chicks on it. Anyway the whole thing is pretty redneck but the best part about it was they serve 6$ pitches of beer. My GF game was the last game of the night and by that time all the rednecks were drunk and screaming at the girls softball team.... it was all kinda surreal.

Anyway Saturday just hung around the house and cleaned took it easy because I had a bike ride planned to take Bluebug and her BF thru Stewart. Well on my way there Phil calls and says he's gonna ride with us too. So the 3 of us wait at the trail head for a few minutes waiting for Bluebug and her BF, well then I get a call and they are stuck in traffic and will be late. So we decide to go for a quick ride. About 5min in to the ride on a straight flat trail my rear der breaks off my der hanger and goes binding up in my chain. The rear der. is totally smoked, good thing I have my handy dandy mechanic Phil with me who instantly makes my bike into a single speed so I can ride out. So anyway on the road back we're pedaling along taking it very slow when all of a sudden the little ring the chain is on in the front POP's off..... So needless to say I'm riding my hardtail today. :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. I still feel like crap. I've had a migraine and upset stomach since Friday! :eek: I am just trying to keep hydrated and get some rest...damn kids at school making me sick! Sad part is, I haven't eaten any real food since Friday and I don't even feel hungry. I am going to try eating some more today.

Stosh: Sorry to hear about all the bike issues. Hopefully they get worked out for next weekend though :thumb:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Damn derailleurs.

My weekend was fan-flippin-tastic. Why can't every weekend be that good? Friday night MBC and I saw Star Wars 3 (not bad!). Douglas came over Saturday. We did a two hour MTB ride then we all went out and saw The Longest Yard (funny flick!). Sunday we did the 50 mile MS Bike Ride in sunny, 90 degree heat. Good times! The ass kicker though was the 10:00 hockey game we had last night. :dead: I was tired as hell. I played a good game though and we FINALLY got a win this season....our last game. I'm glad I played last night. It was a good ending to the weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning. I still feel like crap. I've had a migraine and upset stomach since Friday! :eek: I am just trying to keep hydrated and get some rest...damn kids at school making me sick! Sad part is, I haven't eaten any real food since Friday and I don't even feel hungry. I am going to try eating some more today.

Stosh: Sorry to hear about all the bike issues. Hopefully they get worked out for next weekend though :thumb:
Yeah well I have a good Mech working on it! :)

I need to order a new sram der. so if anybody has one I'll take it off your hands!!

Oh PS. I'm real f'ing hungover today... You ever have one of thoes Sunday's where it feels like Saturday so you just keep drinking... by accident.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Morning Stosh - Did the MS Bike Tour with MBC, IAB, douglas, Laura and several other non-monkeys. Good times! :thumb:
Laura kicked ass! She handled the 50 miles like a champ! :thumb:

This week can't go by fast enough. I am heading up to the Kingdom Trails this coming weekend to ride with JT and some of his goons. I'm taking Friday off and heading up in the morning. Early weather outlook is saying sunny and 77-80 all three days. :cool:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
Yeah well I have a good Mech working on it! :)

I need to order a new sram der. so if anybody has one I'll take it off your hands!!

Oh PS. I'm real f'ing hungover today... You ever have one of thoes Sunday's where it feels like Saturday so you just keep drinking... by accident.
LOL! I have had times when I have kept drinking...by accident. ;)
Ihave a whole new sram drivetrain to put on for MBW and a new super light & comfy seat :D Just have to get the energy up to do it!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
LOL! I have had times when I have kept drinking...by accident. ;)
Ihave a whole new sram drivetrain to put on for MBW and a new super light & comfy seat :D Just have to get the energy up to do it!
damn what kind of drivetrain are you running now?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Definitely had a fun w/e............it went by too fast

(see above for most of my w/e) after I came home from CT I cleaned the pool and ofcourse immedaitely jumped in!

I feel pretty crappy - it started Friday with a sore throat

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
damn what kind of drivetrain are you running now?
I have a Sram cassette, sram pc69 chain and an XT der. right now. I think I may need a new front der. too as mine keeps dropping my chain.

I will be switching to sram x-7 trigger shifters, x-7 der., new pc69 and a new cassette. :D

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Traffic Friday was terrible on my commute home. Bumper to bumper all the way down the high way. Got home and decided to ride my bike over to the high school watch graduation. Only have my Bullit with a Monster, so I pedalled that pig all 15 miles of the trip. Got some compliments though, some folks were kind enough to tell me it was the nicest bike they have ever seen.

Saturday I went up to Attitash. Rivers of my blood are still flowing down that mountain. Fell many times, each resulting in cumulative injuries. My rear brake has decided that it doesn't want to work, so I will have to solve that issue at some point in time.

Some of you may recall my love life situtation from last week (parting of ways between me and my love). Things got more interesting this weekend. Spoke to a girl who turns out has harbored feelings the whole time I was with the other one. Best part, she has the same last name as I do, and its not a common one either. Seriously, what are the chances?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had an AWESOME weekend. Saturday I didn't do much. My wife went shopping with a girlfriend, so me and the kids just kinda hung out. I broke out the Xbox for a bit - first time in a long time... turns out it's just what I needed. With so little free time since Sean was born, and spare minute I can find I've been riding... so I haven't really had any downtime in about 10 weeks. The weather was great, so I spent some time outside with my daughter. I'm really starting to love the house, and the location. I love being able to sit on my deck and not hear ANY traffic... just the birds and the occasional dog barking.

Saturday night... had a nice adults only dinner out with some friends. Went to a niceish restaraunt, had a good steak and some good wine. Twas a good time in deed.

Sunday morning I did a short dirt ride. I'm finally starting to feel better from last week's bug, but I know I don't have all my strength back, so my goal was to go slow, but do the same loops as I would normally do. I did everything I usually do, but I dabbed a bit more often... just didn't have the stamina to keep my spin up through some techy spots. Still was a good ride.

Sunday afternoon/evening, I did basically nothing. Just hung around the house with the family... took a nap, that kind of thing. I pulled out my camping gear to start airing out... that's really about the only productive thing I did.

Now it's time to start thinking about MBW - what I need to bring, what I need to buy, what I need to borrow, etc.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:

I'm really sore right now, especially with my right shoulder. Had said shoulder looked at on Friday and I'm scheduled to get my rotator cuff repaired on June 14th. Until the 14th, I'll take any opportunity to ride.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Mornin everyone... Its good to be working on days instead of nights again!!!!

I had a great weekend... My 7point7 came in on thursday so after a quick build i was out riding!!!!
I m lovin it!!!!! the bike is super plush with no pedal feedback... the bike definatly inspires confidence!!! Unfortunalty i couldnt get to the trails this week so most of my fun was in the streets...

Sundaty was the first annual Tour de Brooklyn, it was ok. It was 18 miles and very family oriented.. it was so great to see all the cars stopped for the bikers. There was a great (2000 +) turnout. It was a beautiful day so we enjoyed it!!!

sorry to hear about you bike stosh.... any clue why it happened?????

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning!

I am walking very Gingerly today stosh , after landing flat on my back doing a wheelie off of a teeter tooter.

great weekend though! finally some Warmth and dry. !!
Ha, sorry to hear that man!!

splat

Nam I am
Polandspring88 said:
Traffic Friday was terrible on my commute home. Bumper to bumper all the way down the high way.
Spoke to a girl who turns out has harbored feelings the whole time I was with the other one. Best part, she has the same last name as I do, and its not a common one either. Seriously, what are the chances?

I-495 (or rt 3 ) + Friday == :dead:

I hope she's not your sister or cousin !

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
splat said:
Morning!

I am walking very Gingerly today stosh , after landing flat on my back doing a wheelie off of a teeter tooter.

great weekend though! finally some Warmth and dry. !!
It didn't sound too well, didn't see it but heard it.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polandspring88
Traffic Friday was terrible on my commute home. Bumper to bumper all the way down the high way.
Spoke to a girl who turns out has harbored feelings the whole time I was with the other one. Best part, she has the same last name as I do, and its not a common one either. Seriously, what are the chances?

I-495 (or rt 3 ) + Friday ==

I hope she's not your sister or cousin !
sister: no.
cousin: no.
cute: yes.

I-495 from 23A to 30. Took me about double the time that it usually does. Definately did not appreciate that.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
awesome weekend. great weather definitely helped.

sat bought some plants for the patio and garden, so hopefully our bounty of tomatoes, peppers and herbs will be decent in the coming weeks. got a little plastic kiddie pool for the boys and they went crazy in the yard for the rest of the day. also finished tidying up the speaker cable runs to the outdoor speakers so it looks neat and finished. went for a post-dinner walk and then stopped in a neighbor's house for a beer.

sunday i got up a bit early and drove out to jiminy peak w/ a friend of mine, where we met two others who had ridden @ west mt and camped. jiminy's a fun place. they only had the lower lift going, but we did a lot of riding (there was probably only 12-15 bikes on the mountain). nothing on the mountain was particularly difficult or crazy, but there was plenty of fun, tight singletracks w/ some small drops and jumps peppered in. stuff for the kids to do too (alpine slide, tramps, bouncy castle, playground, climbing wall, etc) so i definitely want to make a weekend of it sometime.

the worst part of a day's riding is the long ride home...didn't get back until 10:45 or so. ribs are a bit tender from a crash when my front wheel washed out. good to get back on the DH bike though. :thumb:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Morning all!

Been without a bike for over a week now......rear Juicy5 decided it didn't want to work anymore for some unknown reason. Just went from absolute perfection to totally locked down with no piston retraction. LBS couldn't trace it down, and neither could Avid, so they're sending me a whole new rear brake. Cool of them to do, but I really miss my bike. A boy and his Bullt.....awwwww, wubbus.

I've had three hours of sleep since Thursday.

One of my oldest and dearest friends got married this weekend in downtown Winston-Salem. It was total chaos for the whole weekend. Came in from the clubs and misc. parties at dawn on Friday, and had enough time to change clothes and rush over to the golf course for a "party round" with the groomsmen and assorted wedding party. Switched to mixed drinks in the hot sun, and got completely ripped in doing so. Got back and had to set up 250 chairs outside in a park and nearly threw up in the process. Stumbled back to the hotel to get into tuxedo mode, and then sweated my ass off in the hot sun for several more hours doing wedding stuff. Through my extremely squinted and blurry eyes, it looked like a beautiful ceremony..........I'll have to watch the video later to see if I did anything stupid. :thumb: Th reception was great.......a beautiful resturant called Michael's right downtown. Classic Southern architecture with beautiful plater cast pillars on giant redwood columns...very ornate woodwork and really cold beer. Needless to say, we hit the bar pretty hard, and I was in the tank again for like the 5th time in two days. I feel at this point, that some serious damage could occur if I continue in this manner, so I decline the post-reception gathering at the dance club and head to the hotel. Fell into a mini-coma, and was awakened the next morning as the maid came into the room to clean up where she found me butt-naked on the floor with half the covers on the bed and a shoe sitting on top of seven stacked beer cups that were sitting on top of a pizza sculpture that I had apparently made before passing out.

Good times.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Rip said:
Morning :stosh:

I'm really sore right now, especially with my right shoulder. Had said shoulder looked at on Friday and I'm scheduled to get my rotator cuff repaired on June 14th. Until the 14th, I'll take any opportunity to ride.

what happened?

what are they planning to do?

Shouldnt you postpone it until......say June 27th?

J

JRB

Good morning. I don't have pics, but I broke my hub riding yesterday. I broke the damper cartridge on Wumpus' Z150 FR last night. :( I torqued too much, which didn't seem like much, but it broke none the less.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Good morning. I don't have pics, but I broke my hub riding yesterday. I broke the damper cartridge on Wumpus' Z150 FR last night. :( I torqued too much, which didn't seem like much, but it broke none the less.
Good thing Christmas is coming.....

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
douglas said:
what happened?

what are they planning to do?

Shouldnt you postpone it until......say June 27th?
Lost grip of the bike while in the air and slammed down on my right shoulder really hard. Getting rotator cuff reconstructed. The longer I go, the more I will damage it, I'd also rather do Dalton when at full strength. Might still show up for moral support.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Rip said:
Lost grip of the bike while in the air and slammed down on my right shoulder really hard. Getting rotator cuff reconstructed. The longer I go, the more I will damage it, I'd also rather do Dalton when at full strength. Might still show up for moral support.

bummer, big time

yeah you should show up - everyone appreciates being cheered on

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Morn'g:

I was in Parade-O-Homes hell this weekend. I spent 5 hrs Sat and 5 hrs Sun standing in my parade house that didn't have the air conditioner working yet.

It sucked.

I am exausted. I still have a huge list of items left to finish this week...

:dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Morn'g:

I was in Parade-O-Homes hell this weekend. I spent 5 hrs Sat and 5 hrs Sun standing in my parade house that didn't have the air conditioner working yet.

It sucked.

I am exausted. I still have a huge list of items left to finish this week...

:dead:
Exterior pics?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:
Exterior pics?

Damn it! I need to snap those...

I need to do it after the cypress shutters are hung though. The yard is looking kick-ass with the lush St. Augustine grass and my wife's landscape in it!

:thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Mornin everyone... Its good to be working on days instead of nights again!!!!

I had a great weekend... My 7point7 came in on thursday so after a quick build i was out riding!!!!
I m lovin it!!!!! the bike is super plush with no pedal feedback... the bike definatly inspires confidence!!! Unfortunalty i couldnt get to the trails this week so most of my fun was in the streets...

Sundaty was the first annual Tour de Brooklyn, it was ok. It was 18 miles and very family oriented.. it was so great to see all the cars stopped for the bikers. There was a great (2000 +) turnout. It was a beautiful day so we enjoyed it!!!

sorry to hear about you bike stosh.... any clue why it happened?????
No clue why it happened.... me and Phil just kept looking at my bike as I walked it home wondering. The front chain ring thing is odd... however they use aluminum chainring bolts and all 4 popped out.... I think the crank threading is ok but the bolts were SHOT.

You gonna ride at Mtn Creek anytime soon.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Good morning all!

I'm back from a long w/e that unfortunately had nothing to do with riding. Friday was spent driving out to the g/f's parents' farm near Jim Thorpe to set up for a driving run we're hosting for out MINI-friends. She bought a new grill and I had to put that together. Then drove around getting final odds and ends...

Saturday was the run. Of the 45 MINI's originally signed up, 34 cars made it. We split everyone into two groups and I followed the second group in my Jetta. For the most part it was uneventful except for one fun stint where I got to play "catch-up" leading one participant back to the group. 90 mph down tight back-roads = :thumb: The hi-lite was BBQ held at the farm. Three grills cranking out hot dogs, burgers, & chicken. And amazingly, we got everyone (about 70 people) fed in a bit over an hour.

Sunday: Clean up and drive back to the g/f's house. Fiddled with her old Volvo 1800ES... installed her window a/c units... was thankful my own house has central air... went home and crashed...

Jetta turned 52K miles... in a week over 2 years...

Now I sit here at work with nothing to do... :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
Good morning all!

I'm back from a long w/e that unfortunately had nothing to do with riding. Friday was spent driving out to the g/f's parents' farm near Jim Thorpe to set up for a driving run we're hosting for out MINI-friends. She bought a new grill and I had to put that together. Then drove around getting final odds and ends...

Saturday was the run. Of the 45 MINI's originally signed up, 34 cars made it. We split everyone into two groups and I followed the second group in my Jetta. For the most part it was uneventful except for one fun stint where I got to play "catch-up" leading one participant back to the group. 90 mph down tight back-roads = :thumb: The hi-lite was BBQ held at the farm. Three grills cranking out hot dogs, burgers, & chicken. And amazingly, we got everyone (about 70 people) fed in a bit over an hour.

Sunday: Clean up and drive back to the g/f's house. Fiddled with her old Volvo 1800ES... installed her window a/c units... was thankful my own house has central air... went home and crashed...

Jetta turned 52K miles... in a week over 2 years...

Now I sit here at work with nothing to do... :dead:
Sorry I couldn't meet you in JT this weekend.

That would have worked out nice!