Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
stosh said:
Sorry I couldn't meet you in JT this weekend.

That would have worked out nice!
yeah... that would have been fun... I'll try to get in touch with my friends and hopefully they can point you towards a ride or two... Or since I'm sitting here at my desk twiddling my thumbs, I'll see if I can come up with some sort of ride sheet for ya.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
No clue why it happened.... me and Phil just kept looking at my bike as I walked it home wondering. The front chain ring thing is odd... however they use aluminum chainring bolts and all 4 popped out.... I think the crank threading is ok but the bolts were SHOT.

You gonna ride at Mtn Creek anytime soon.
If'n ya singlespeeded a full suspension without a chain tensioner every time you hit a bump the chain put large amounts of force on your hub, cassette and crank rings. That is probably why the ring died. I destroyed a King freehub that way once upon a time.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
Laura said she appreciated you looking out for us as "The Sweeper" yesterday! :thumb:

no biggie / that was nice of her

What was that other dudes name ( Gary?) he is a pretty stong rider - but I guess you should be if you own a shop :cool:

J

JRB

douglas said:
How did that happen...my money is on one of those damn overly friendly ups drivers/guys
If that's the case, I should send it over to him. They make more money than me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
yeah... that would have been fun... I'll try to get in touch with my friends and hopefully they can point you towards a ride or two... Or since I'm sitting here at my desk twiddling my thumbs, I'll see if I can come up with some sort of ride sheet for ya.
that would be great!!!

It's a shame you couldn't come up for a day during MBW.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
If'n ya singlespeeded a full suspension without a chain tensioner every time you hit a bump the chain put large amounts of force on your hub, cassette and crank rings. That is probably why the ring died. I destroyed a King freehub that way once upon a time.
yeah that may have been it, there was some slack in the chain and I took it real easy on the way back, plus I was only on a paved road for the ride back... you may be right though....

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
g'mornin. My weekend was pretty good. Hung out w/ the GF all weekend and had a blast. Twas my b-day yesterday so she suprised me with some paintballing....paintballing ruled until they made me run the gauntlet which would have been fine, but the guy that was working pulled out his crazy assed gun and shot the sh!t out of me. I have about 35-40 welts that I acquired in about 3.23 seconds from one gun. Coming to work today sucked...as will hockey tonight.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Something most peculiar happened on Sat. I came home from running some errands to find my neighbor, whom I don't even know his name, mowing my lawn. He pulls up along side my truck on his riding mower and says he finished his lawn and enjoyed the extra time on the mower. It looked to be his new toy (shiny new John Deere - he even had a new Deere hat on). This was a pretty nice thing for him to do. I have been pushing my mower around essentially one armed, as I had a rough OTB crash early last week.
So.. We would like to get a gift for the neighbor, but not shure what to get. First thought was a bottle of wine, but is that a good idea? Maybe he or his wife don't drink.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Howdy all!

I just got back last night from a kickass weekend at Angelfire New Mexico for the Chile Challenge (part of mountain states cup). Pulled in Friday night excited for some racing action. The courses there are the same as the upcoming UCI WorldCup that's gonna be there in July. Definitely some technical stuff as well as some....interesting stuff. My DH run completely sucked and the people I passed always let me pass in horrible areas and with one crash I didn't end up too well, but it was fun. Here's a link to my full writeup that is posted on mtbr (soon to be here on the DH board). It was cool meeting Alex and Seth from bcd as well as Sherpa, biker3, and of course the not so sufferring cripple Full Trucker. :p
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=105726

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Uhg....Good Morning :dead:

I dislike late Sunday night soccer games :nope:

Weekend was overall a good one.

Saturday:Took a few truck loads of crap to the dump. Then took my new bike out for some DH runs on the local trails....it kicked ass :cool:

Sunday: slept in :thumb: :thumb: Met Oly and Skookum for a noon time trail ride and became one with the neadles :angry: Soccer late Sunday night. We won 4-0, but I'm beat this morning!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Good Morning all. Not a bad weekend here. I got some road miles in on Saturday a.m. then went furniture shopping with my wife. I hate shopping, but I felt like I owed her for all the bikey time I've been getting lately. Plus I ended up with a kick-ass cutting board that will love my Wusthofs PROPER!

Sunday was my anniversary. I don't know what's weirder: that I've been married a year, that I've been with her for 6 years, or that I remembered and she didn't. :D

Ooh, I also picked up the ingredients to brew up a Belgian-style wit (white ale). I'm still waiting for carbonation to come up in the porter, but hopefully I'll have a bit of both to share at M-fest.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
ROCKLAND Something most peculiar happened on Sat. I came home from running some errands to find my neighbor, whom I don't even know his name, mowing my lawn. He pulls up along side my truck on his riding mower and says he finished his lawn and enjoyed the extra time on the mower. It looked to be his new toy (shiny new John Deere - he even had a new Deere hat on). This was a pretty nice thing for him to do. I have been pushing my mower around essentially one armed, as I had a rough OTB crash early last week.
So.. We would like to get a gift for the neighbor, but not shure what to get. First thought was a bottle of wine, but is that a good idea? Maybe he or his wife don't drink.
Good story about giving wine as a gift that my boss told me. His wife recently went out and bought a brand new Volkswagon Bug. He told her to bring along a bottle of wine for the man who sold it to her, and one for the man who is doing all of the paperwork. So she brings them each a bottle of wine. A few days later she returns to have a CD player put in. She asks for the man who sold her the car to see how he is doing, and is told that he is no longer with the company. When she asked why, she was told, "We had to release him. He was an alcoholic."

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Polandspring88 said:
Good story about giving wine as a gift that my boss told me. His wife recently went out and bought a brand new Volkswagon Bug. He told her to bring along a bottle of wine for the man who sold it to her, and one for the man who is doing all of the paperwork. So she brings them each a bottle of wine. A few days later she returns to have a CD player put in. She asks for the man who sold her the car to see how he is doing, and is told that he is no longer with the company. When she asked why, she was told, "We had to release him. He was an alcoholic."
Yeah. I wouldn't want a bad scenario to play out if alcohol is a no-go next door.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
COmtbiker12 said:
Howdy all!

I just got back last night from a kickass weekend at Angelfire New Mexico for the Chile Challenge (part of mountain states cup). Pulled in Friday night excited for some racing action. The courses there are the same as the upcoming UCI WorldCup that's gonna be there in July. Definitely some technical stuff as well as some....interesting stuff. My DH run completely sucked and the people I passed always let me pass in horrible areas and with one crash I didn't end up too well, but it was fun. Here's a link to my full writeup that is posted on mtbr (soon to be here on the DH board). It was cool meeting Alex and Seth from bcd as well as Sherpa, biker3, and of course the not so sufferring cripple Full Trucker. :p
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=105726

New Mexico roxors!!!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
I broke the damper cartridge on Wumpus' Z150 FR last night. :( I torqued too much, which didn't seem like much, but it broke none the less.
Loco seems to be taking that a lot harder than me. I just hope they will sell me a new damper and not make me send the fork to them to get it.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
No clue why it happened.... me and Phil just kept looking at my bike as I walked it home wondering. The front chain ring thing is odd... however they use aluminum chainring bolts and all 4 popped out.... I think the crank threading is ok but the bolts were SHOT.

You gonna ride at Mtn Creek anytime soon.
wow thats crazy.. im gonna re-check every bolt for a few weeks.....
I will be at mountain creek on sunday.... i was bummed i couldnt get there this weekend... but sunday will have to do

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
BikeGeek said:
Sunday was my anniversary. I don't know what's weirder: that I've been married a year, that I've been with her for 6 years, or that I remembered and she didn't. :D
Happy anniversary! Sq-Earl always manages to remember these details as well :p

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! (It's still morning right?) Weekend was good! Ran a 5k on Sat. and came in 5th in my class finishing with a 00:25:58. I wasn't thrilled, but it was good just to get out there and compete. Raced in my first DH race yesterday at Plattekill. What a time!!! From just watching how SICK the pros and experts were, to meeting TONS of new people, to feeling the nerves of standing in the starting gate!! It was awesome! And I think I'm hooked!!! :devil: Ran in the Beginner Master 30+ class, and managed to podium in my first race!! Got 3rd (out of all 6 of us!! :D ) Can;t wait for the next race!!! :thumb:

Me coming off the ladder drop near the finish

The SWEET taste of success!! :D

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

This weekend was the California State DH championship. I had a great time and made it through both of my race runs without crashing, and ended up with the win.

Race run

Podium

Orven popped his shoulder out during Saturday practice, but still managed to pull fifth place yesterday :thumb:

Good times were had by all! Have a good day! :)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Morning! (It's still morning right?) Weekend was good! Ran a 5k on Sat. and came in 5th in my class finishing with a 00:25:58. I wasn't thrilled, but it was good just to get out there and compete. Raced in my first DH race yesterday at Plattekill. What a time!!! From just watching how SICK the pros and experts were, to meeting TONS of new people, to feeling the nerves of standing in the starting gate!! It was awesome! And I think I'm hooked!!! :devil: Ran in the Beginner Master 30+ class, and managed to podium in my first race!! Got 3rd (out of all 6 of us!! :D ) Can;t wait for the next race!!! :thumb:
Kick ass! Congratulations!! :cool:

What's in the EMS bag?

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
Congratulations! :thumb: I hope this is something you both wanted.
yeah - I complain a little, but that's just me. I am pretty excited. Julie is not excited about being sick. I think she is working on feeling better though. I have a good friend that I ride with that is having a baby within a couple of weeks of me. That will make it a little cooler.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
Kick ass! Congratulations!! :cool:

What's in the EMS bag?
Thanks IAB!!! In the bag... Powerade, an EMS water bottle, bunch of stickers and patches, 40% off coupon for Azonic/O'Neal/Blur Optics, a bunch of white lightening lube and cleaner. Not a bad haul for an old fart!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Thanks IAB!!! In the bag... Powerade, an EMS water bottle, bunch of stickers and patches, 40% off coupon for Azonic/O'Neal/Blur Optics, a bunch of white lightening lube and cleaner. Not a bad haul for an old fart!
Tigg - what was your race course like? Details! And once again - way to kick ass!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
mcGRP01 and Heather - CONGRATS! Way to represent hoo hoo hoo hoo

I swam a mile Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My shoulders are a tad sore this morning. Good news, I was able to kick for most of the time Sat and Sunday. I just supplemented here and there with a leg buoy to keep my knee from moving. In no time at all I'll be back riding. :)

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
ROCKLAND said:
Something most peculiar happened on Sat. I came home from running some errands to find my neighbor, whom I don't even know his name, mowing my lawn. He pulls up along side my truck on his riding mower and says he finished his lawn and enjoyed the extra time on the mower. It looked to be his new toy (shiny new John Deere - he even had a new Deere hat on). This was a pretty nice thing for him to do. I have been pushing my mower around essentially one armed, as I had a rough OTB crash early last week.
Why not have them over for a little BBQ one night? That is, if you cared to hang out with them at all and put in the effort. You can have beer/wine and they can have whatever they want... :thumb: