Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a f'ing hot weekend here in NY. My brother graduated from a private christian school on Saturday which was nice and all but combine the boringness of a regular highschool graduation with the boringness of a church service, throw in a few 100 people into a non-air conditioned gym and you could possible have the worst graduation ever!! There was only 27 kids in his graduating class and I was there for 2.5hrs...... It all lead me to thanking God for on thing... my dad had a whole keg of Yuengling on tap at the house for after.... :)

No riding for me but my rear der. came in and it's being fixed now.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh I've also been offered a job in Philly and I'm going down to check the place out tomorrow and possibly accept the job.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I had a f'ing hot weekend here in NY. My brother graduated from a private christian school on Saturday which was nice and all but combine the boringness of a regular highschool graduation with the boringness of a church service, throw in a few 100 people into a non-air conditioned gym and you could possible have the worst graduation ever!! There was only 27 kids in his graduating class and I was there for 2.5hrs...... It all lead me to thanking God for on thing... my dad had a whole keg of Yuengling on tap at the house for after.... :)

No riding for me but my rear der. came in and it's being fixed now.

sorry to hear that, had an awesome weekend with a great ride yesterday, drank almost a bottle of whiskey at a free outdoor concert fri :dead: bad idea.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Had an awesome weekend. My father is in town, so we went down to his house (NE PA) and hung around/went swimming on Saturday. Saturday eve was my brother's 21 bday "party" - just a few family members over for a bbq... yep, we're party animals alright. Before we left, I took a bunch of firewood from my dad's stockpile... so we should be in pretty good shape for MBW.

Sunday morning I rode - and it was a kick ass ride. I felt awesome, the trails were in surprisingly good shape considering all the storms that rolled through last week. I did about 11 miles in just a hair over 2 hours. I rode hard almost the entire time... definitely my strongest ride of the season. Sunday evening I threw some new to me pedals on my road bike and put cleats on my road shoes and did a quick couple of miles to test them out. So far, they feel pretty good - can't wait to get more miles on them. Even after just a mile or so, I could feel a big difference between the road gear (bigger platform, stiffer sole) and the mtn gear (smaller platform, relatively flexy sole).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
sorry to hear that, had an awesome weekend with a great ride yesterday, drank almost a bottle of whiskey at a free outdoor concert fri :dead: bad idea.
It was to f'ing hot to ride for me this weekend......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Had an awesome weekend. My father is in town, so we went down to his house (NE PA) and hung around/went swimming on Saturday. Saturday eve was my brother's 21 bday "party" - just a few family members over for a bbq... yep, we're party animals alright. Before we left, I took a bunch of firewood from my dad's stockpile... so we should be in pretty good shape for MBW.

Sunday morning I rode - and it was a kick ass ride. I felt awesome, the trails were in surprisingly good shape considering all the storms that rolled through last week. I did about 11 miles in just a hair over 2 hours. I rode hard almost the entire time... definitely my strongest ride of the season. Sunday evening I threw some new to me pedals on my road bike and put cleats on my road shoes and did a quick couple of miles to test them out. So far, they feel pretty good - can't wait to get more miles on them. Even after just a mile or so, I could feel a big difference between the road gear (bigger platform, stiffer sole) and the mtn gear (smaller platform, relatively flexy sole).
Should I bring some wood too, my landlords have a huge pile of dry wood that I was going to take some from.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning!

I went whitewater rafting on Saturday up in Maine on the Dead River. Was tons of fun. The guide dumped the boat (accidentally) once in some rapids which was a little sketchy but we all made it out okay and in one piece :D

Last night I spent a while trying to get my fuggin' computer working again :mumble:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Should I bring some wood too, my landlords have a huge pile of dry wood that I was going to take some from.
You'll want to bring some for Thursday night, since I probably won't be there... but I should have enough for 2 decent fires, unless you all plan on being up to 3 or 4 in the morning.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I had a good w/e, road ride Fri, then out to the Barge (bar in the Hudson river)...........I meet 4 chicks....just call me stoney99 (ha-ha) - it was a fun night, Saturday I hung by my pool until it was time to head to my sisters for a BBQ and to hang by her pool, & Sunday I did some XC riding

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
You'll want to bring some for Thursday night, since I probably won't be there... but I should have enough for 2 decent fires, unless you all plan on being up to 3 or 4 in the morning.
what is this "you all" stuff?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
I had a good w/e, road ride Fri, then out to the Barge (bar in the Hudson river)...........I meet 4 chicks....just call me stoney99 (ha-ha) - it was a fun night, Saturday I hung by my pool until it was time to head to my sisters for a BBQ and to hang by her pool, & Sunday I did some XC riding
Ha, we have a barge on the hudson down here in Newburgh... fuggin meat market.....

J

JRB

Good morning. I rode the dirt and the road. Then I went to see Lords of Dogtown and I think I will get me a board again and hit the local skatepark.

J

JRB

stosh said:
<snip>boringness of a church service, throw in a few 100 people into a non-air conditioned<snap>
I went to a wedding and the pew broke once too.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
oh, the lone bad point to the weekend is apparently my home theater receiver got zapped in the storm on Friday. It's been randomly changing input settings. It's really going to suck if I have to replace it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I went to a wedding and the pew broke once too.
Right in the middle of the church stuff at the graduation we had a huge lightening storm, I leaned over to my gf and said "He's coming for us".

J

JRB

manhattanprjkt83 said:
how was that movie, i was thinking about going to see it as well...
Pretty good. Not as well done as Dogtown and Z Boyz, but it made me realize I want to try skating again. It didn't go so well when I was 26 and tried, but I am thinking new board and the skatepark that wasn't here before. There really aren't many good spots to skate here, so the park will help.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas
...Sunday I did some XC riding

I Are Baboon said:
:think:

:dancing:

oh yeah, I forget to memntion there were some NORBA dudes there, and I had a number plate on the front of my bike

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Mornin monkeys.

Had a decent weekend. Band camp Friday night, then Saturday took the bike to the new (legal!) trails in town. Unfortunately I had to send Tweek and another buddy out on the ride without me because I apparently had broken the axle on my SS at the race. So I limped the bike over to the shop and fixed it while they rode. Without my expert trail knowledge :rolleyes: they were helpless :D Saturday night went and saw a band that we're better than. Sunday got up, ate a big bowl of cereal, and headed straight to the trails in 90 deg heat with 90% humidity. Felt like I was gonna barf for like the first hour, then finally got things going after that. Many thanks to Crashby for dragging my lame ass around during that first part of the ride. After the ride, we invited ourselves to Tweek's house and drank some of his beer and watched the Canadian GP. After that I finally got around to repairing this synth I bought from ebay, now it works awesome and live playing will be much easier with two boards :thumb: Now it's back to work, but for a short week! Sick day Friday! :D

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morning all. Damn it felt hot this weekend. Fri night went out for a night ride a little before midnight. It was finally cool by that time, but lots of fog had settled in. I climbed up to the overlook above Rockland, but couldn't even see the lights from town below. As I started the descent my light's battery died ( and I had forgot my backup head lamp @ home :eek:. It was the slowest, blackest hike-a-bike I have ever been on. Come to find out the battery never got charged. I had moved the charger from it's normal location to an outlet in the basement which, unknown to me, is wired on the same circuit as the basement light switch. Basement lights not on = battery not charging. :mumble:
Sunday rode @ Attitash. Got beat down as usual. Very hot. Seriously considering cuting down the bars a bit.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey monkeys -

good, hot weekend w/ big storms. fun stuff.

friday went to my sis-in-law's, and her husband welded up my hitch for the sportworks. it's a bit low (i'll throw pics up later) so i think i need to an accessory which raises the height. argh.

sat i ran around doing some chores, and got the skeeter trap working. hopefully those F'ers are being sucked in by the millions. had some neighbors stop by for beer and pizza. was glad we did the in-house AC install. damn was it muggy and hot.

sun the kids ran around naked in the yard some more. my best bud from college came up and we had an awesome bbq. he's got two kids as well, and much merriment was had.

back to work. damn.

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Good f'ing morning.

Sorry to hear about all that Eastern heat...can't say that I miss it. My wife and I finally got here (Portland, OR) on Tuesday, closed on our house on Wednesday, moved our crap in on Thursday and will now spend the next two years unpacking. At least it was only 65 glorious degrees for the whole weekend.

I also went out and bought myself a sweet Ridgid table saw so I can make us furniture so we'll actually have a place to put our crap. I didn't realize until I got the cart to my car, that the box weighs 300 or so pounds. That was a chore.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Buck Fever said:
Good f'ing morning.

Sorry to hear about all that Eastern heat...can't say that I miss it. My wife and I finally got here (Portland, OR) on Tuesday, closed on our house on Wednesday, moved our crap in on Thursday and will now spend the next two years unpacking. At least it was only 65 glorious degrees for the whole weekend.

I also went out and bought myself a sweet Ridgid table saw so I can make us furniture so we'll actually have a place to put our crap. I didn't realize until I got the cart to my car, that the box weighs 300 or so pounds. That was a chore.
a 300lbs table saw? WTF?

Congrats man!!! Post some pics of the new place when ya get a chance!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
W00T!!! Just found out - after a year of hastle, our mason is at the house getting things ready. Bricking should start later today!

on the down side... the rear window in my truck wouldn't go up this morning, and it's supposed to storm today. I think the gods are telling me to suck it in and buy a new truck. It's going in tomorrow for an oil change and a wheel balancing, so I'll have them look at the window too. Hopefully something just jarred loose and is blocking the window.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Had a nice weekend with some of the husband's family...they were in town for Americade. Today is the big BBQ lunch day at my school and they're out there lighting up the big BBQs now...it's the one day everyone (teachers included) buy lunches at school because they BBQ burgers, dogs, chicken and have salads. To bad I brought my lunch today :mumble: Maybe one of my other schools will be BBQing tomorrow.

It is HOT, HOT, HOT here today. I am on the 3rd floor of an old school with no AC :( I am looking forward to running out to the bank and LBS at lunch time today in my car with AC! :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jacksonpt said:
W00T!!! Just found out - after a year of hastle, our mason is at the house getting things ready. Bricking should start later today!

on the down side... the rear window in my truck wouldn't go up this morning, and it's supposed to storm today. I think the gods are telling me to suck it in and buy a new truck. It's going in tomorrow for an oil change and a wheel balancing, so I'll have them look at the window too. Hopefully something just jarred loose and is blocking the window.
Might be a good time to take advantage of the "GM Employee Discount" for everyone. Good luck with the window though....hopefully it's a quick and easy fix.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

I wished I was in California for the Classic. The only time of the year I would want to be in California.

I picked up a bed so I am not couch surfing anymore. And worked.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Good mornin all,
I had a pretty good weekend..I had to replace my Grandfather huge ac on sat .. the thing is about 20 yrs old and twice the size/weight of todays units putting out the same btu's. sinday it was off to mountain creek, i took the 7point7 for its first ride in the dirt.. what a fun park .. the bike inspires confidence, it was long before i was very comfortable to play on it!!!!
unfortunatly i re-aggravated my achilles heel I iced in last night and it feels somewhat better. stupid me rode in to work today and I can feel a little pain in it still.. Im gonna rest it for the rest of the week and wait till MBW to ride again, hopefully It will heal

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:

Had a boring weekend, Saturday packed up car, Sunday drove back to NJ and unpacked. Today I'm resting, but will probably go for a ride later.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
stosh said:
you realize what happens if you're the first to fall asleep?
Oh great, am I gonna be the only monkey up late at MBW? I don't sleep much so I hope at least one other person will be up to hang out with.