Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody?

I had a pretty kick ass weekend. My GF keeps saying it was the best weekend of her life... I would tend to agree!!!
I'll post up my write up in the Jim Thrope thread.

Have a great day!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin stosh. Ditto the kickass weekend stuff.

I started a MBW recap thread - you should put your post in there instead of the MBW planning thread (the sticky).

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stosh said:
How is everybody?

I had a pretty kick ass weekend. My GF keeps saying it was the best weekend of her life...
Have a great day!
funny stosh mine is saying the same thing but it has nothing to do with jim thorp...:evil:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
My weekend was awesome, got a good ride in yesterday with my dad. The trails were DUSTY !!! Havent seen that in 2 summers i swear. Additionally i got out on my newly revamped Evil DOC and did a bit of street, my god does that bike feel amazing under me...mondays suck

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo! We're looking forward to the MBW writeups and pics, Stosh! Glad to hear you guys had a good time.

I had a great weekend. Saturday was gym, followed by a lot of running around, and finally an evening hockey game (7-3 win and I had 2 goals/2 assists and barely even tried...long story). Sunday started with a 32 mile road ride. I was pressed for time so had to go HARD for 2+ hours...what a hell of a good ride. Then we had a Father's Day picnic at our place. I finished off the weekend with two martinis last night. :)

24 hours of Dalton this coming weekend!!! :dancing:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning yo! Weekend was good. Had a "team meeting" with my Dalton team Fri. night. Strategy was discussed and MANY (maybe too many) beers were cosumed! :devil: We're as ready as we're going to be! I worked Sat. and Sun. so not much happened either day, but work was quiet so it was ok. Overall, not a bad weekend, but NEXT weekend is gonna ROCK! :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had a good weekend with Connor this weekend. Also spend time with Laura too, which was nice.

Went for a ride with a guy new to the area last night around 5ish. He's got mad skills and schooled me on his Cove Hardtail while I lumbered along on my porky Iron Horse. But it was good to be our riding. We rode at this place called Huckleberry Hill and it was fun, but sad at the same time as development has encroached and many of the best trails in there are now gone due to these huge houses that have been built in the last year. :(

Still a good place to do an early morning or late evening loop.

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Morning guys,

Weekend was so- so. Big Sale at work going on which means waking up early and leaving work late... and no riding in that time.

Hopefully this week I'll get some miles on my legs.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Good mornin everyone.... as i am sure you read everywhere else MBW was awesome!!!!
I still have a smile on my face from the great weekend!!!!!

i got home unpacked, BBQ'd, hung out with my family and that was about it for the night.. i was pretty beat... but very happy!!!!1 enjoy the day!!!!!!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Good morn' all. Sounds like MBW was a good time. Went on a hard ride yesterday. One of my riding partners may have blown out his knee. He had to limp down the mtn w/ a branch/crutch.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Good morning all. Went out with a girlie friday. Saturday headed down to vietnam for a ride with my pal joe. Im craving a new bike as my bullit with a monster just isnt cutting it for the long rides. Yes, im a poor college student, but I have all of these spare parts lying around and no frame to put them on. Suggestions anyone for a nice cheap, hardtail or FS bike that I could build up? i miss the days of being able to ride XC.

Peteydag

Monkey
Sep 19, 2004
the FC
bad weekend, mad cold and i had to do liek 2389457379240 hours of studying for finals, btu after wednesday im OUT

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'mornin all :) Long time no type ;)....The sun finally came back late yesterday while we were climbing on the final area for the day - all the other places were too sodden with soaking moss to be climbable...so we spent the day wandering from Crag to Crag. Only got one black fly bite (yay for deet).

The next four months are going to pass sooo slowly. Two more months till I can tell my boss the good news ;). :thumb:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all. Had a fantastic time this weekend at MBW, I'm doing some planning now to cheer on the monkeys and the bikeraggers at dalton this weekend.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
G'Mornin'

Still floating on cloud-9 after nabbing a 1st place finish in my age group(30+sport) at a local DH event this weekend. 2nd place overall in the full sport field. I'm amazed.....there are some really talented riders in that class, and for me to come out ahead of those guys seems really wrong on some level. I'm happy to finish as well as I did, but can't help feeling a little bit guilty. I certainly wasn't the best rider out there by any stretch of the imagination. I'm halfway thinking they all got together and decided to let me win. :think:

Anyways....it was the most well organized races I've ever been to, and can't say enough about how much fun I had. Win or no win.....a well put-on event always invites good times.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
greyhound, congrats on yr win! nice one.

my weekend was great. sat was spent buying a whole bunch of flowers and ground cover/hanging plant type stuff, four large planters, and repotting them in 4 large ceramic planters we bought. the deck now has a very different look and feel. :thumb:

we had some friends over for a great BBQ as well later on, and as fate would have it they brought a planter of flowers for us. so we've got 5 now.

sunday was a relaxed day. went down in the morning and the kids made some father's day presents for me which was really sweet. got an email from couching tiger and we ended up going for a ride on boston's north shore w/ his wife and nemba phil. man, i hadn't been on those trails since i've gotten back, and why i will never know. some of the best singletrack riding i can think of. relentlessly technical, fun, swoopy, rocky, rooty....ah...good stuff. 3 hours of that and i was cooked.

got home in time to start a quick marinade for the wild king salmon we grilled up, and ate some black beans and fresh corn on the cob. a neighbor stopped by after we ate w/ a father's day beer for me, and we hung out while the kids played. good cap to a great weekend.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Greyhound said:
G'Mornin'

Still floating on cloud-9 after nabbing a 1st place finish in my age group(30+sport) at a local DH event this weekend. 2nd place overall in the full sport field.
Congrats man!! :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
G'Mornin'

Still floating on cloud-9 after nabbing a 1st place finish in my age group(30+sport) at a local DH event this weekend. 2nd place overall in the full sport field.

Awesome man!! Good job!!! No pics?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
oh yeah, forgot to mention we had two cool bird sightings on the ride yesterday...1st was a snowy egret, wading in the marsh, and the other was a male scarlet tanager. amazingly bright bird.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
Awesome man!! Good job!!! No pics?
Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone. You guys are great. The sport class is loaded with really good riders(experts are just silly-fast) so it's nice that my skills (at least on that day) were on par with those guys. Usually, I suck at DH events, and it's a widely used joke that I can't make it down w/o a horrific crash, but this time it all worked out. When they announced my name, everyone was like ..."What? .....You're kidding, right?" :D

Here's a link to the pics, stoshy. Glad to hear you guys had such a good time at MBW.

Dark Mtn Pics

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Greyhound said:
G'Mornin'

Still floating on cloud-9 after nabbing a 1st place finish in my age group(30+sport) at a local DH event this weekend. 2nd place overall in the full sport field. I'm amazed.....there are some really talented riders in that class, and for me to come out ahead of those guys seems really wrong on some level. I'm happy to finish as well as I did, but can't help feeling a little bit guilty. I certainly wasn't the best rider out there by any stretch of the imagination. I'm halfway thinking they all got together and decided to let me win. :think:

Anyways....it was the most well organized races I've ever been to, and can't say enough about how much fun I had. Win or no win.....a well put-on event always invites good times.
Excellent! Congratulations, Greyhound! Good stuff. :)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Greyhound said:
G'Mornin'

congrats man.. good job!!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
McGRP01 said:
Wait? How'd the big date go?
Haha, that went fine. Ended up going mini-golfing with her step-father and sister. Afterwards it was a beautiful thing as I introduced her to Team America: World Police. Went and saw her play hockey on Saturday as well after my ride. Guess all went well with respect to that, I got a date for next weekend. :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Polandspring88 said:
Haha, that went fine. Ended up going mini-golfing with her step-father and sister. Afterwards it was a beautiful thing as I introduced her to Team America: World Police. Went and saw her play hockey on Saturday as well after my ride. Guess all went well with respect to that, I got a date for next weekend. :D

we need pics! :D

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all.

I had a great weekend. Weather was great. Clear and warm all weekend. Went up into the mountains saturday for a nice hike with some friends. Great time had by all.

Here we are stopping for a water break:

And a nice view:

Throwing rocks is the funnest thing ever:

These yellow wildflowers were everywhere:

Sunday we went to the pool and had great fun. Evy is pretty fearless in water (which scares the heck out of me). Here's a pic of her juming off the side of the pool:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
oh yeah, forgot to mention we had two cool bird sightings on the ride yesterday...1st was a snowy egret, wading in the marsh, and the other was a male scarlet tanager. amazingly bright bird.

you take that pic, tim? ok, looking at the url, probably not. nvmd :D

i hiked to mt. rainier on sunday and gave two stranded strangers a ride and tour of seattle on saturday following a fine symphony concert (strauss' also sprach zarathustra) and a quintet performance by my own group (ghetto website: www.blackdiamondbrass.com).

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yeah, i should have made my piracy clear. :D

i never take the G2 out on a ride w/ me, and i wouldn't have enough lens to get an image like that if i did have it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
yeah, i should have made my piracy clear. :D

i never take the G2 out on a ride w/ me, and i wouldn't have enough lens to get an image like that if i did have it.
i thought that maybe you picked up a digirebel and a 300 f/4 IS over the weekend...