Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
how is everybody today?

HOw was everybody's weekend?
My weekend was filled with polka music and Polish food. :)
On the way home from my grandma's house I drove thru Jim Thorpe and just kind of hung out for a while. I had a great time, man I love that town.

Oh I watched Life Aquatic last night.... I'm still trying to figure it out.

Hope ya all have a great day.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
No riding this weekend because I am dumb. We loaded up the bikes and gear and drove to the trailhead only to realize I forgot to put MBC's front wheel in the car. :rolleyes: We didn't really feel like driving home and driving back to the trail, so we called it a day. STUPID. So we cleaned the house instead.

The highlight of our weekend was taking our pup to a ball field and letting her run with some other greyhounds. Man are those dogs fast! Jewell was nice enough to plop down in a mud puddle when she was too pooped to keep running.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/mtbbaboon/IMG_2446.jpg

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Lots of baseball for me this weekend.

Liam's team lost on Saturday, but they won on Sunday. That means they are still alive in the Cal Ripkin u-9 state tourney. They play again on Tuesday.

Cool pick of Jewell IAB - and tell MBC thanks for the link to the video. Funny dogs!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I am doing well today I suppose. Gotta work today, and the rest of the week. No time off for me this summer. Ugh. Saturday was good, twas my birthday. Went out with the lady friend for lunch. Came home, took a nap and celebrated with my parents, siblings, and grandparents. Saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith that night, good movie, highly entertaining I thought. Sunday did a 20 mile XC ride with a friend at Great Brook. Saw tons of people there, anyone from here go? Got back, went to Sears, picked up some tools, then it was a 10 miler with my dad. Overall a successful weekend I would say.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
No riding this weekend because I am dumb. We loaded up the bikes and gear and drove to the trailhead only to realize I forgot to put MBC's front wheel in the car. :rolleyes: We didn't really feel like driving home and driving back to the trail, so we called it a day. STUPID. So we cleaned the house instead.

The highlight of our weekend was taking our pup to a ball field and letting her run with some other greyhounds. Man are those dogs fast! Jewell was nice enough to plop down in a mud puddle when she was too pooped to keep running.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/mtbbaboon/IMG_2446.jpg
What's up with that cage on her mouth?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
I am doing well today I suppose. Gotta work today, and the rest of the week. No time off for me this summer. Ugh. Saturday was good, twas my birthday. Went out with the lady friend for lunch. Came home, took a nap and celebrated with my parents, siblings, and grandparents. Saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith that night, good movie, highly entertaining I thought. Sunday did a 20 mile XC ride with a friend at Great Brook. Saw tons of people there, anyone from here go? Got back, went to Sears, picked up some tools, then it was a 10 miler with my dad. Overall a successful weekend I would say.
you dad rides bikes with you?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Hola'! My weekend was pretty good. Finances at my house are kind of tight right now, so I wasn't able to race Platty which bummed me out, but what can ya' do... It rained all day Saturday. I did get to watch a decent movie Sat. night though, National Treasure w/ Nick Cage. I thought it was pretty good. Yesterday was pretty nice. Spent the day lounging around the in-laws pool with the fam. Not a bad weekend overall. :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
My weekend was good.

Spent most of Saturday running errands. Finally got around to buying a riding lawnmower (got what I think to be a very good deal on a John Deere). Also finally got some issues resolved with a local furniture place regarding the bedroom set we bought a year ago.

Sunday we spent most of the day at the lake (Cayuga). Did a little fishing, lots of relaxing - twas a good day.

I've been going back and forth with this guy for a couple of weeks now about possibly buying his bike shop. Will probably end up meeting with him this week to go over some of the details. I'm kind of skeptical about things right now, but we'll see...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
My weekend was good.

Spent most of Saturday running errands. Finally got around to buying a riding lawnmower (got what I think to be a very good deal on a John Deere). Also finally got some issues resolved with a local furniture place regarding the bedroom set we bought a year ago.

Sunday we spent most of the day at the lake (Cayuga). Did a little fishing, lots of relaxing - twas a good day.

I've been going back and forth with this guy for a couple of weeks now about possibly buying his bike shop. Will probably end up meeting with him this week to go over some of the details. I'm kind of skeptical about things right now, but we'll see...
Oh come on you have to tell us about this bike shop deal!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning. Just sitting here listening to two fat manager talking about tough it was playing golf in the summer heat this weekend. Personally I thought the weather was great this weekend and got in some great rides. Yesterday did a long hilly road ride with a friend who is not used to such things. He did a great job keeping up with everyone.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Westy said:
Morning. Just sitting here listening to two fat manager talking about tough it was playing golf in the summer heat this weekend. Personally I thought the weather was great this weekend and got in some great rides. Yesterday did a long hilly road ride with a friend who is not used to such things. He did a great job keeping up with everyone.
it's tough because they are fat. I also thought the weather was great (especially Sunday)... though I didn't get in any riding.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stayed out pretty late Friday (4am), woke up and it was about 11, realized I only had 3 hours before my BBQ(still neded to clean the house, grocery shop, get all the outdoor furnature out/cleaned, and make a few things)

Sunday was a tough hilly 55 mile road ride - tour pace - could not keep with the lead group the last half of the ride.
I realized after the ride my rear wheel was so out of true it was majorly rubbing the brake pad !

then went and saw Batman Begins, it was alright

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Don't have a lot of details at this point, so there's not much to tell. When I know more I'll let you all know.
Well what spured this idea on?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Well what spured this idea on?
The fact that my job is going no where, so one day while browsing various job listings, I saw one for "a bike shop in Vestal". I'd love to work for myself, I'd love to be in the bike industry, I'd love to have no money and work rediculous hours - so it sounds like a perfect fit.

To quote on of my favorite movies... "Companies pay just enough to keep people from quitting, people work just hard enough to keep from being fired. What's that?"

"It's bull**** is what it is."

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all. Saw fantastic 4 friday night, it was pretty entertaining. Went out on Sat night with a bunch of friends so we could celebrate my birthday at midnight. Went for a birthday ride with a newbie buddy yesterday, got home and my friends threw me a big party, lots of beer, champagne and barbecue. twas an awesome time. Overall it was a great weekend.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
stosh said:
you dad rides bikes with you?
Yea, gotta remember, I just turned 19, so pops is hovering around 52 years of age. He and I go out on road rides sometimes, he has a Trek 4900 bike that he bought last year and enjoys riding on the road, so I grab my brothers bike and we head out.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yo -

excellent weekend, although i did no riding. :think:

saturday i did a bunch of yard work (killing poison ivy, trimming shrubs, etc) and then later that day, we drove down to foxboro for a bbq w/ my old roommate from college. another college friend was in town from ohio (playing in a golf tourney w/ my bud from foxboro) so it was good to see those guys. the ride back sucked though. we figured at 10PM, the traffic through boston should be fine. two accidents and one instance of road work later, it wasn't so fine.

yesterday was gorgeous, but i didn't get a ride in. instead, i took my stand, tools, and bikes into the driveway and spent some much needed maintenance time on 'em. overhauled the z1 on my evil, cleaned up the boxxer and put some more oil in (didn't change the seal, which is really what i needed to do), cleaned up the Giant from the northstar trip, got my back brake working where i like it, did a drivetrain cleanup and got rid of the minor play in the rear cassette.

off to NH for a week soon. can't wait!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I took 321 from NC to Bristol, TN to meet my older brother and his friend there for some racing.

Listened to Son Volt, Wilco, and the Scud Mountain Boys on the way there and back. Perfect music for driving thrugh the moutains on a twisty two lane highway and a sunny day.

I will have to take my brothers wifes convertible the next time.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Good morning all.

Spent the weeking trying to relax and doing some driving. Not so bad.

Rode with Bluebug for the first time in about 5 weeks yesterday. Didn't go badly for me, except going into a ditch and over the handlebars while not watching where I was going. She's got to work back into it though. But overall it was good.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Not a bad weekend, except for the rain all day on Saturday. Not much riding to report as Sq-Earl ditched our ride on Sunday and went to West. I did a short XC ride and called it a day :( We're supposed to be riding tonight though.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning monkeys,

After a month of being sick and run down, I'm finally back on my bike again. It's frustrating to see how easily I lose my breath and to have lost some of the muscles in my legs that I worked so hard for. But, it's great to be back up and on the trail again! :)

Beth

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
bluebug32 said:
Morning monkeys,

After a month of being sick and run down, I'm finally back on my bike again. It's frustrating to see how easily I lose my breath and to have lost some of the muscles in my legs that I worked so hard for. But, it's great to be back up and on the trail again! :)

Beth
Are you stalking me? ;)

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all.

I had a good ride on some new trails with some guys I've never ridden with before. It ended up being a pretty leasurely ride that lasted about 2.5 hours. Fun rolling trails that had a good mix of fast hardpack and rocky semi-technical stuff. Came home and went out with our real estate agent and looked at a couple houses in our neighborhood that appeared similar to ours on paper, and we just wanted to see if our house was priced accordingly. After looking at them, it seems that we're priced just a tad high, but we're going to hold our price for now.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Good morning...

Lot's of yard work... a bit of auto work... and one depressing 24 mile road ride that really hit home how out of shape I am this season... :dead: I gotta get a ride or two in during the week.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
bluebug32 said:
Morning monkeys,

Beth
It will come back fast!

I rode both days - road one day and mtn the next. I watched the twilight criterium of the Cascade Stage Race on Friday night. It rained and there was carnage. :( Then I watched the last stage of it Sunday and got sunburnt. :help:

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
how is everybody today?

HOw was everybody's weekend?
Good non-riding weekend here.
Saturday we went to the beach, Saturday night we had a couple of friends & family over for some lobsters & I grilled up a big-ass steak. Drank a little wine, drank a little beer, enjoyed the warm evening.

Sunday was more beach in the AM, and then a vist with some friends in the PM. We walked by Lincoln center & sat by the fountain & drank a beer. The city was empty yesterday......

Going to Pittsburgh tomorrow morning, for work. 5 days there :eek: :( :( and my "weekend" next week will be whatever is left of sunday afternoon when I get home. :rolleyes:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

I had a pretty busy weekend. Friday night from 11pm-2am we went to La Jolla Shores in hopes of catching the grunions run, but unfortunately there were none so we will have to try again sometime. Instead of grunions we saw these "sandcrabs" spawning instead.

And lots of clams

and to pass the time we built a sand castle :p

Then on Saturday we went for a long ride

I landed in a behive when I put my foot down here :rolleyes:

On Sunday our plan was to snorkel, but the coast was a little hazy so we checked out the botanical gardens instead

All in all a good weekend. Have a good day everyone! :)

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning everybody! :D

Friday I coughed up what little money I had and bought some Specialized road shoes since well I think I'm gonna start doing some road riding for fun/training. Then I got up at the break of dawn, picked up a McGriddle and drove to Denver to meet the crew to go up to Keystone for some DH. I made what was normally an hour long drive to Denver in half an hour. :eek: :evil:
I suppose that's why though. :p DH at Keystone was SAWEEEET!!! Of course this time I was on my AC with my 5" Psylo though. And surprisingly my Psylo felt better on the dh than my slider+ does, guess that means my slider needs a rebuild or something. Finally figured out why people hate Hfx9s though, halfway down one of the runs my brakes just about disappeared entirely so I freaked out and walked for a bit trying to get them to cool down and pump some power back into them. Overall it was a very empty day there, probably because of the world cup down in Angelfire, NM. Then yesterday I mostly just sat around, oh and ordered some bike shorts, jersey, seatpost and chain from superblow. :D :)

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
Had 18'ish people riding up the Sierra's this weekend, one long 20-something'ish mile ride starting at above 9K elevation down to 3K;
Here's only a few pics: (Sorry about no description, kinda busy today @work)

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
stevew said:
I took 321 from NC to Bristol, TN to meet my older brother and his friend there for some racing.

Listened to Son Volt, Wilco, and the Scud Mountain Boys on the way there and back. Perfect music for driving thrugh the moutains on a twisty two lane highway and a sunny day.

I will have to take my brothers wifes convertible the next time.

I downloaded some of that music and reallly enjoyed it. Do you know of anything else along those lines? thanks, Grant.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
sugarbushrider1 said:
I downloaded some of that music and reallly enjoyed it. Do you know of anything else along those lines? thanks, Grant.
You could try the Jayhawks (the lead singer Jay Farrar (sp?) also has some stuff out). Originally, he and Jeff Tweedy (lead singer of Wilco) formed Uncle Tupelo and then broke off into their seperate bands. You could also try Iron and Wine and Counting Crows' first album, "August and Everything After" if you like that kind of sound. Also check out Whiskeytown (pref. anything off of "Pneumonia").