Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had an interesting weekend of BBQ's and what not. I also bought a new bike this weekend.

Hope ya all have a great day!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I had an interesting weekend of BBQ's and what not. I also bought a new bike this weekend.

Hope ya all have a great day!
pictures of this new steed? what did you get?

im doing well, saw the sox kick the yankees ass friday night. we wont mention the other nights though. other than that im home alone for a few days.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
pictures of this new steed? what did you get?

im doing well, saw the sox kick the yankees ass friday night. we wont mention the other nights though. other than that im home alone for a few days.
This is what I got except in blue

I didn't get a chance to take pics of mine yet. Plus I wanted to get it cleaned up real well first.

The rims are pretty rusted but with some steel wool the chrome under it comes right back. the paint job is still in pretty good condtion as well, I will be replacing the seat because while it is a schwinn seat from about the same time as the bike it's green and red and does not match.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wait here is exactly what mine looks like. Except my mud guards match the paint job, they aren't chrome.

White wall tires and all!!!
It's amazing how good the chrome on my bike still is. Even the springs on the front basket thingy come right back with a little steel wool.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Cool - nice pickup stosh.

Sadly, I haven't been on my bike in almost a month... and no signs of that changing anytime soon. :(

I had a good weekend. Didn't do much of anything Saturday... my wife took her father to the local PGA tournement and my mother watched Emma for a good portion of the day, so I stayed home with Sean and cleaned/puttered around. Sunday I helped my father-in-law pull out the stumps from some recently departed shrubs along the front of his house. Man, that was a lot of work. We split them down the middle with a couple of wedges and a sledge hammer, then hooked them to my truck via a strap and yanked ths **** out of them until they finally broke loose. I can't imaging having to do it all by hand.

Short week for me this week as I have Tues/Thurs off. My wife's back has been bad since Sean was born (and it's only getting worse). Her PT/back doctor says she's got a bulging disk that is about 1/4 of a step from needing surgery. The kids go to daycare M/W/F, so I'm going to stay home Tues/Thurs so she can relax and take care of her back. If at the end of the week there's no improvement, she's probably going to need surgery :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:

Sadly, I haven't been on my bike in almost a month... and no signs of that changing anytime soon. :(

I had a good weekend. Didn't do much of anything Saturday... my wife took her father to the local PGA tournement and my mother watched Emma for a good portion of the day, so I stayed home with Sean and cleaned/puttered around. Sunday I helped my father-in-law pull out the stumps from some recently departed shrubs along the front of his house. Man, that was a lot of work. We split them down the middle with a couple of wedges and a sledge hammer, then hooked them to my truck via a strap and yanked ths **** out of them until they finally broke loose. I can't imaging having to do it all by hand.

Short week for me this week as I have Tues/Thurs off. My wife's back has been bad since Sean was born (and it's only getting worse). Her PT/back doctor says she's got a bulging disk that is about 1/4 of a step from needing surgery. The kids go to daycare M/W/F, so I'm going to stay home Tues/Thurs so she can relax and take care of her back. If at the end of the week there's no improvement, she's probably going to need surgery :(
I wanted to ride so badly this weekend but the f'ing humidity even in the morning is a killer.

I hope your wife's back gets better, how has Sean been doing?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Thanks man I picked it up for $50!!

You should have seen my friends and family's faces when I told them I bought ANOTHER bike.

:D

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Gooood Morning.....!

Got married last week.

Yep, I did.

On a boat. With 100 of my closest family and friends. Party of the year, man.

Took off to a little island off the coast of Mexico, just above Cozumel called Isla Mujeras for the honeymoon. Had the time of my life. Got out just before they shut down the airport due to Hurricane Emily. Craziness. Pics to follow later.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I wanted to ride so badly this weekend but the f'ing humidity even in the morning is a killer.
Yea... I had hoped to do a road ride (faster speeds = more wind in the face = more comfortable), but it just didn't happen.

stosh said:
I hope your wife's back gets better, how has Sean been doing?
Sean is doing well. We can't seem to get his eating/sleeping schedule down. Saturday night he was up until about 11, then work up at 4 wide awake. Last night, he slept from 10:30 until 6:30.

Needless to say, we need more of teh 10:30-6:30 nights and less of the 11-4s.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone. Did a last minute trip to Cape Cod this weekend and had some nice beach time and spent some time with my dad and stepmom. Got a little sun and relaxed - a good weekend :thumb:

Also received my box that I ordered... in it, was 1000 ft. of Cat5e network cable, a set of crimpers, 150 cable ends, and a network cable tester! Woo hoo. It was all pretty cheap, too, and I figure 1000ft is about a lifetime supply :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Gooood Morning.....!

Got married last week.

Yep, I did.

Took off to a little island off the coast of Mexico, just above Cozumel called Isla Mujeras for the honeymoon. Had the time of my life. Got out just before they shut down the airport due to Hurricane Emily. Craziness. Pics to follow later.
congrats man!! I can't wait to see pics!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Yea... I had hoped to do a road ride (faster speeds = more wind in the face = more comfortable), but it just didn't happen.

Sean is doing well. We can't seem to get his eating/sleeping schedule down. Saturday night he was up until about 11, then work up at 4 wide awake. Last night, he slept from 10:30 until 6:30.

Needless to say, we need more of teh 10:30-6:30 nights and less of the 11-4s.
yeah, 10:30 to 6:30 would be nice!!

I rode 3 days last week and I'm hoping on riding tomorrow.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning everyone. Did a last minute trip to Cape Cod this weekend and had some nice beach time and spent some time with my dad and stepmom. Got a little sun and relaxed - a good weekend :thumb:

Also received my box that I ordered... in it, was 1000 ft. of Cat5e network cable, a set of crimpers, 150 cable ends, and a network cable tester! Woo hoo. It was all pretty cheap, too, and I figure 1000ft is about a lifetime supply :D
do you have a project in mind or something?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Saw some neighborhood kids riding around on some of those dept. store chopper bikes this weekend. They looked like they were having fun until the realised they couldn't pedal the 50lb monsters up any real hills because they are basically singlespeed recumbants. There aren't any flat roads any where near the neighborhood.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Saw some neighborhood kids riding around on some of those dept. store chopper bikes this weekend. They looked like they were having fun until the realised they couldn't pedal the 50lb monsters up any real hills because they are basically singlespeed recumbants. There aren't any flat roads any where near the neighborhood.
yep thats EXACTLY why I won't buy one. Plus they look so damn cheap!!

Now I'm trying to find the proper way to restore my bike.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
do you have a project in mind or something?
Well, I'm moving to the new apartment so I figured I'd need at least 100ft. of it, but no, no particular project for the enormous amount I bought. It's just dirt cheap to crimp your own cable, plus you can customize your lengths. If you're willing to crimp your own (that's a big if; it is a bit of a pain), paying for pre-done cable is stupid, it's a LOT more expensive.

At the price I paid, the cable was literally almost free - the value of the other parts (crimpers, tester, connectors) add up to more than the cost of the box.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jacksonpt said:

Yikes! I hope she is able to relax and get that fixed. My mother had surgery for a herniated disk in her neck/back and it wasn't pleasant. Good luck!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Greyhound said:
Gooood Morning.....!

Got married last week.

Yep, I did.

Congratulations!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing some of these pics :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all! We were out at the in-laws in the Rochestar area this weekend. Managed to ride with the Jackalopes on Saturday and then off to celebrate Instigator's birthday Saturday night. Friday night we had a bonfire with some friends and Sunday we did the family thing and lounged around for hours in the pool and playing horseshoes at my in-law's house. All-in-all a good weekend.

Stosh: nice new ride :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning all! We were out at the in-laws in the Rochestar area this weekend. Managed to ride with the Jackalopes on Saturday and then off to celebrate Instigator's birthday Saturday night. Friday night we had a bonfire with some friends and Sunday we did the family thing and lounged around for hours in the pool and playing horseshoes at my in-law's house. All-in-all a good weekend.

Stosh: nice new ride :thumb:
Thanks!!

I'm looking for a pimp cushy white seat.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Westy said:
So true! It's just another dumb fad. A family down the street from me always buy into the latest wave of crap. They have a couple of those cheapo pit bikes (one chopper styled one, and one sport bike styled one) just rusting in the front yard.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hello and Good Morning - vacation is over - back to the daily grind. :(

I miss my dog. :(

But I had a really great vacation with my sons last week, capped off by a great weekend riding with MBC and IAB and Laura on Saturday and then just chillin with Laura on Sunday.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Mornin'. Didn't do much this weekend. Home today and then back to work tomorrow. Just getting my sh*t together for monkeyfest.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Waiting for the rest of my gear and armor to come in. Been way to hot to ride here in the Richmond area, heat index of 105+ :eek:

I decided to sell of some of my musical equipment. In ear monitors and an acoustic guitar amp in case anyone was interested. Uneventful weekend.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
stosh said:
Thanks man I picked it up for $50!!

You should have seen my friends and family's faces when I told them I bought ANOTHER bike.

:D
That's cause you have all these bikes but you never ride them....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
GM!

Did a great WET ride with Skookum, trailhacker, and Oly on Saturday! Everyone seem to have a few spills on the 8+ mile downhill....I crashed 'female area' first on my top tube :help:

Sunday BBQ'd with some friends and sat on the couch with an ice pack :o:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all. Had another weekend of drinking, with a little riding thrown in. I won my new fork on bay. I'm getting a brand new marzocchi all mountain a3. I got it for under $300, hoping to have it in time for MF. Also bought a home theater in a box. Might ride tonight but thunderstorms are threatening. Should be riding all this week with my buddy's wife since she's a newbie.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
I am very interested to hear about Dalton Doug's 24 hour race this past weekend. Where is that slacker???

Greyhound, congratulations on the marriage!!

Yo Biotch, I just got home

report w/couple pics later!