Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stevew said:
Is there something wrong with your pooch?

He's now living with a new family - I couldn't provide him with the attention he deserves due to work, children and other commitments, so I thought it best to find a new home for Bailey so he could live out the rest of his life like a dog should, having fun, living with a family, playing with another dog (the new family has another dog).

But my apartment is eerily quiet now.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Saturday went riding along the coast. Yesterday caught up on housework. Going to go find some coffee now.

Have a good day! :)
You have a pic of you as your avatar, that's f'ing illegal.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
That's cause you have all these bikes but you never ride them....
Yeah I know, they are more for front and back porch decorations.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Crazy Sweeper said:
morning all. Had another weekend of drinking, with a little riding thrown in. I won my new fork on bay. I'm getting a brand new marzocchi all mountain a3. I got it for under $300, hoping to have it in time for MF. Also bought a home theater in a box. Might ride tonight but thunderstorms are threatening. Should be riding all this week with my buddy's wife since she's a newbie.
Nice score on the fork!
Pics? :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Snacks said:
GM!

Did a great WET ride with Skookum, trailhacker, and Oly on Saturday! Everyone seem to have a few spills on the 8+ mile downhill....I crashed 'female area' first on my top tube :help:

Sunday BBQ'd with some friends and sat on the couch with an ice pack :o:
Nice!
How's your BF's MKIII. They are sending the new pivots out to me.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
MMcG said:
He's now living with a new family - I couldn't provide him with the attention he deserves due to work, children and other commitments, so I thought it best to find a new home for Bailey so he could live out the rest of his life like a dog should, having fun, living with a family, playing with another dog (the new family has another dog).

Giving my hound away was just as hard as putting the family beagle to sleep.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Nice bike, Stosh. Where'd you find it? I've been trying to find a road bike lately. I don't have a lot to spend right now, so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully I'll find something used.

I had a tiring weekend filled with nothing but moving. Hopefully this will be my last U-Haul experience for a while. They always smell like a combination of dirty socks, cigarettes, coffee and locker room. Ickiness :angry: But I love my new place and I'm finally out of the city and near some good riding!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Nice bike, Stosh. Where'd you find it? I've been trying to find a road bike lately. I don't have a lot to spend right now, so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully I'll find something used.

I had a tiring weekend filled with nothing but moving. Hopefully this will be my last U-Haul experience for a while. They always smell like a combination of dirty socks, cigarettes, coffee and locker room. Ickiness :angry: But I love my new place and I'm finally out of the city and near some good riding!
We were driving past an antiques shop and they had it outside. I've been looking for a cruiser for a while now and when I saw it we stopped right away.
They were closed and there was a sign on the door that if we saw something we like outside to call a phone number so we did and the guy came right down. We didn't even have to talk him down he goes I'll sell it to you for $50 and it had a price of $65 on it.

I want to put this set on it.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
stosh said:
Nice!
How's your BF's MKIII. They are sending the new pivots out to me.
I got the new hardware in mine and they still aren't solid, but then again i can't seem to get the lower pivot torqued without pulling the crank, and I'm lazy.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning folks!

:stosh: that is one bitchin cruiser there, definitely a sweet looking find!!! :D :thumb: I've been getting into road riding lately so I went on a nice 20mile ride on Saturday about 50/50 for climbing/descending but I think I have some sort of climbing fetish with road bikes. :p Got it up to 42mph though that was SWEET on the road, I'd never been that fast before on a bike. Let's see... went to a friend's bday party and saw lots of people I haven't seen for the last 2-3 years (including lots of hot chicks) and learned that some slut I knew in middle school got pregnant. :p So that was funny as hell.

Today I might go road riding, or I might just sit around and try to read a book which I haven't done all summer...so who knows. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sherpa said:
I got the new hardware in mine and they still aren't solid, but then again i can't seem to get the lower pivot torqued without pulling the crank, and I'm lazy.
Yeah I need to get the tools to work on my cranks/BB. I'll see how my pivots work and I'll let ya know.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i took a day trip to whistler on saturday. Phat_Boi from the boards, his cousin, and a classmate of mine came along, and i got to test the roof rack setup: thule bars + 3 sportworks bob ratchets = some creaking (from the bars themselves as they flex! ack) but solidly mounted bikes. gets a big :thumb: from me.

oh yeah, the riding at whistler was great as usual. a bit muddy in the shade, but just enough to make it fun.

also, seattle people who like classical music: i'm playing in mahler 2 (8 pm in meany hall on tuesday night). come listen.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
G'mornin'. Did an xc ride on Saturday in honor of the Fairfax Fat Tire Festival. Met some friends in Mill Valley, then we went up, over and around Tam, stayed in the dirt pretty much all the way to Fairfax. It was over a hundred degrees out there, we were sweating buckets. The festival was fun, pretty low key because of the heat but we did get to see a cool trials demo by none other than Hans Rey!! Stupidly, instead of eating right away and drinking water, we decided it would be better to drink four beers on an empty stomach, then get cheeseburgers and fries just before getting back on our bikes. (Oh yeah, that's performance enhancing all right!) Then we got a little off track and basically doubled the amount of climbing we needed to do on the way back. It was a suffer-fest all the way home, in part because I opted to ride my heavier trail bike (not my xc rig) because I'm riding it at D-ville this weekend and wanted to do some "training." In the end we made it fine and it felt good to dig into some reserves.

Yesterday was much less ambitious... :cool:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
We were driving past an antiques shop and they had it outside. I've been looking for a cruiser for a while now and when I saw it we stopped right away.
They were closed and there was a sign on the door that if we saw something we like outside to call a phone number so we did and the guy came right down. We didn't even have to talk him down he goes I'll sell it to you for $50 and it had a price of $65 on it.

I want to put this set on it.
That's great when things work out like that. I'll have to venture down so you can show it off.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MMcG said:

I'm sad and happy for you at the same time!!! I am happy that you found a good home for Bailey and sad that you're feeling lonely. As much as I would love a dog, I can't provide them with the attention they deserve right now either so I can definitely relate.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
TreeSaw said:
I'm sad and happy for you at the same time!!! I am happy that you found a good home for Bailey and sad that you're feeling lonely. As much as I would love a dog, I can't provide them with the attention they deserve right now either so I can definitely relate.
It is hard. But Bailey is going to live out the rest of his life having a lot of fun with his new family and his new canine friend Sheba.

He lives in Amsterdam, NY now.