Quantcast

~~~~Good Monday Morning~~~~

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I guess since Stosh is in vacation...I'll get this going.....

My first ride this weekend in 20 months!! :eek:

I was awesome....it started rough though since I was really apprehensive. I went through the steep rocky sections WAY too slow, but by the end of the day I started trusting the bike and suspension and let of the brake and the sections smoothed out. The day was way too short.

I won a lot of little battles, and actually got airborne a few times, and railing the corners was working out. God I had a blast….

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i have been riding a hilly 25 road loop.
gps would be nice to see my total elevation
change.

first ride in 20 months! were you in traction?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Got out to Jiminy Peak Saturday. Absolutely killed it, no crashes, hit all the drops and obstacles within my ability and cleaned them all. Pretty pumped about that.

My bike parts came Friday after work. Now I just need to finish painting that damned frame, I hate wet sanding. Oh well, should be done sometime this week...I hope.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
bcd said:
i have been riding a hilly 25 road loop.
gps would be nice to see my total elevation
change.

first ride in 20 months! were you in traction?
LOL, naw, it was a rib thing. And last summer my wife had MAJOR back surgery, so she was like NO RIDING!

So I missed all of last summer of riding.....sucked real bad.

however, I'm back in the saddle.....:think: Actually behind it....:D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Polandspring88 said:
Got out to Jiminy Peak Saturday. Absolutely killed it, no crashes, hit all the drops and obstacles within my ability and cleaned them all. Pretty pumped about that.

My bike parts came Friday after work. Now I just need to finish painting that damned frame, I hate wet sanding. Oh well, should be done sometime this week...I hope.
Wet sanding can suck real bad, but think how cool it'll look when your done! :thumb:

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Spent the weekend at a free health fair taking patient vitals and history. Not many people had more than 3 or 4 teeth. Saw lots and LOTS of mullets as it was in S.W. Virginia. had a blast and I get to pick up my bike from the shop today!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
went out Friday night, so its 2am or so & we go to get some pizza, from our booth I notice this chick, I tell my bud she looks familar, she notices me, then her & her girlfriend come over, and sit down w/us, I asked her where do I you from and she says "How could you forget we had sex before" :eek: :D

she was kidding, but I still have no clue where I know her from....

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
Rode Saturday ~ 8 miles and twice on Sunday. Sunday I did an 18 mile solo ride at the KT and checked out the new Tody's (I think the hardcores are making their stamp up here!), among others...It was a great ride, until I nailed a hidden log which caused a less then graceful high speed endo! Banged up my leg pretty good, but it just looks dramatic...Then I did a little 5.5 mile dirt road ride with 800 feet elevation gain with my wife late in the afternoon.

All in all a very good weekend!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
How'd it all go?
I'm actually PISSED that I'm at work......
I wish it had never ended.

I have some pics I'll be posting.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
Went to the east side of the state to visit family and have a party for the new baby, it was pretty cool got a bunch more baby stuff that we don't need. Went for a road ride on this new bike path that the local shop guy recomended, it was supposed to go like 50 miles but it was terrible, stop signs every mile and after 10 miles it tuned to dirt I guess it wasn't finished yet. I should have just picked a random road.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
g'morning all. Had a fun but sleep deprived weekend. Did some riding, bought a new bike, went clubbing in NYC, got the VIP treatment, had a blast. Saw Charlie and the chocolate factory last night. Good weekend. Man I'm tired.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
IT was great... I'm now engaged....

**Best Keanu Reeves voice**

"Woah."

Congratulations!!!! I joined the League of Extraordinarily Married Gentlemen just recently. It's not so bad at all. Listen more than you speak and everything will be kosher..... :p ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
g'morning all. Had a fun but sleep deprived weekend. Did some riding, bought a new bike, went clubbing in NYC, got the VIP treatment, had a blast. Saw Charlie and the chocolate factory last night. Good weekend. Man I'm tired.
I've been meaning to tell you my GF (Edit - Fiance') makes your zuccine all the time. She even taught her mom how to make it.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
Greyhound said:

"Woah."

Congratulations!!!! I joined the League of Extraordinarily Married Gentlemen just recently. It's not so bad at all. Listen more than you speak and everything will be kosher..... :p ;)
solid gold advice right there.

congrats on the big news Stosh

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:

"Woah."

Yeah, now we have to start saving up to pay for the wedding.
We're probably going to do a "cheap" wedding because we are going to have so many people there. Plus neither of us want to have it in a hall, we would both like an outdoor wedding with some type of a nice semi-enclosed tent.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
stosh said:
I've been meaning to tell you my GF (Edit - Fiance') makes your zuccine all the time. She even taught her mom how to make it.
That's awesome dude, and it's great that you're now engaged. Gotta come back up your way for some riding before the season is over.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
That's awesome dude, and it's great that you're now engaged. Gotta come back up your way for some riding before the season is over.
We've been having trouble getting in touch with Ray and Devon. I know Aubrey and I are hungry to get back to Tamaqua before it's to late.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Greyhound said:
I joined the League of Extraordinarily Married Gentlemen just recently. It's not so bad at all. Listen more than you speak and everything will be kosher..... :p ;)
If you're still using the word "recently" you can't comment on the quality of life when married. Heck - you're probably still having sex every day, aren't you??

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
I did suggest we go home together so she can "remind" me of what I forget, but to answer you question - unfortunately no
damn, you whore!! You go boy!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Yeah, now we have to start saving up to pay for the wedding.
We're probably going to do a "cheap" wedding because we are going to have so many people there. Plus neither of us want to have it in a hall, we would both like an outdoor wedding with some type of a nice semi-enclosed tent.

congrats man, and I suggest Vegas

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
congrats man, and I suggest Vegas
Ha!
We are both pretty close with our families and extended families so that would never work....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello monkeys! MBC and I start our vacation-at-home today. I just made us blueberry pancakes. MMmmmmm....

Saturday waw a good day. We went to the gym, bought a gas trimmer for the yard, went for a road ride, then with MMcG and his gf we saw "Wedding Crashers" (FUNNY) then went out of wings and beer after. 'Twas a good day. Sunday was chores.

Congrats on the engagement, Stosh!!

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
stosh said:
Ha!
We are both pretty close with our families and extended families so that would never work....
Good on you!

When my wife and I got engaged there was a battle to have the wedding in each camp - hers in CT, mine in Rochester. We made 'em all travel by having the wedding in the Berkshires! :p

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
jacksonpt said:
WTF... don't try to slip that crap past us without some details...
I was talking about this all last week. I bought MMcG's soul frame and a bunch of other parts from him, all I need is a bottom bracket, brakes, and pedals and I've got my first build. I'm gonna build it up as a single speed too. Pics as soon as it's built.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Rained most of the day Saturday so took the time to catch up on my chores and 3 trips to the dump. Finally unpacked the last of the moving boxes 9 months later.

Did 53 on the road Sunday morning, the last half in the rain and the last 10 in a freakin' monsoon. Laid around on the couch the rest of the day.