Quantcast

~~~~Good Monday Morning~~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jollytime said:
Good on you!

When my wife and I got engaged there was a battle to have the wedding in each camp - hers in CT, mine in Rochester. We made 'em all travel by having the wedding in the Berkshires! :p
nice!

Where we live now is kind of central to all our families.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
So was she expecting it, or did you completely surprise her? When I proposed, MBC never saw it coming. :)
Well I had to ask Aubrey was type of ring she wanted... then when I asked her father for permission he mentioned that she was thinking it was coming in Maine. So I had the Jewler leave a message that she wouldn't be able to get the ring till the end of Aug. I made sure Aubrey got the message.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
stosh said:
Sorry we couldn't meet up. I was trying to coordinate 3 families and myself.
Yeah, too bad the ride didn't pan out. A serious s!ht storm was brewing here @ work last week. I didn't touch my bike last week other than loading it in the truck in anticipation of driving to Portland.

I got thinking after I sent txt msg about not making the ride. I included a congrats about your proposal, and I though 'oh crap, what if he hasn't yet and Aubrey has phone' Doh. Glad it went well!

Did you know she dialed my # on accident? It took a moment to register w/ me exactly who it might have been. I had a chuckle. ahah a.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Yeah, too bad the ride didn't pan out. A serious s!ht storm was brewing here @ work last week. I didn't touch my bike last week other than loading it in the truck in anticipation of driving to Portland.

I got thinking after I sent txt msg about not making the ride. I included a congrats about your proposal, and I though 'oh crap, what if he hasn't yet and Aubrey has phone' Doh. Glad it went well!

Did you know she dialed my # on accident? It took a moment to register w/ me exactly who it might have been. I had a chuckle. ahah a.
Yep I realised it was you after. :)
She got an awesome bag from this shop in Portland, thats what she was calling about.

I was at LL BEAN Thursday in their bike dept and the guy there was talking about riding at Radburn, that was the only time I got a little sad we didn't ride. :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jollytime said:
Rode Saturday ~ 8 miles and twice on Sunday. Sunday I did an 18 mile solo ride at the KT and checked out the new Tody's (I think the hardcores are making their stamp up here!), among others...It was a great ride, until I nailed a hidden log which caused a less then graceful high speed endo! Banged up my leg pretty good, but it just looks dramatic...Then I did a little 5.5 mile dirt road ride with 800 feet elevation gain with my wife late in the afternoon.

All in all a very good weekend!
Tody's :drool: By far one of my favorite trails from our weekend :thumb: Sorry to hear about your crash though.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
Well I had to ask Aubrey was type of ring she wanted... then when I asked her father for permission he mentioned that she was thinking it was coming in Maine. So I had the Jewler leave a message that she wouldn't be able to get the ring till the end of Aug. I made sure Aubrey got the message.
Nice! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
TreeSaw said:
Tody's :drool: By far one of my favorite trails from our weekend :thumb: Sorry to hear about your crash though.
That is the most sympathy I have gotten! Mostly I have been told I am an idiot for riding solo...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all! Today is our 7th wedding anniversary...boy the time does fly. My husband and I have been together for 10 years and celebrated the anniversary of our first date last night by going out for dinner (I can't believe he actually knew that). I have a couple of students coming to the house today and an appointment with my nutritionist and some housework I want to get done so that should keep me busy. Not sure if we're doing anything tonight...we really don't do much for our anniversary, so we don't have anything planned.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
jollytime said:
That is the most sympathy I have gotten! Mostly I have been told I am an idiot for riding solo...
:eek: I ride solo too and have had some great crashes (generally of the endo variety) so I "feel" your pain. The important question is, did you have a good ride--other than the crash--and did you hurt the bike :sneaky:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
I was talking about this all last week. I bought MMcG's soul frame and a bunch of other parts from him, all I need is a bottom bracket, brakes, and pedals and I've got my first build. I'm gonna build it up as a single speed too. Pics as soon as it's built.
Ah, very cool. Sorry, wasn't around the :monkey: much last week. Work and home stuff was crazy. Not looking to be any calmer this week either.

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
TreeSaw said:
:eek: I ride solo too and have had some great crashes (generally of the endo variety) so I "feel" your pain. The important question is, did you have a good ride--other than the crash--and did you hurt the bike :sneaky:
You bet your bippy! I love solo riding. I go at my pace, stop, I mean don't stop whenever I want, retrace the good stuff, and I meet tons of cool people on the trail.

For instance, remember the "Shots for wheelies" guys at Dalton? I met them on a solo ride a few weeks before Dalton. Although that day they weren't offering shots, but tokes! I passed, but had a blast riding with 'em!

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
TreeSaw said:
Morning all! Today is our 7th wedding anniversary...boy the time does fly. My husband and I have been together for 10 years and celebrated the anniversary of our first date last night by going out for dinner (I can't believe he actually knew that). I have a couple of students coming to the house today and an appointment with my nutritionist and some housework I want to get done so that should keep me busy. Not sure if we're doing anything tonight...we really don't do much for our anniversary, so we don't have anything planned.
Don't forget to scratch that 7 year itch! Congrats!

We got married on the anniversary of our first date...very convenient!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
jollytime said:
Don't forget to scratch that 7 year itch! Congrats!

We got married on the anniversary of our first date...very convenient!
:D
Yeah, we wanted to get married on the anniversary of our first date, but needed a Saturday for the wedding so went with the day after.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
jollytime said:
You bet your bippy! I love solo riding. I go at my pace, stop, I mean don't stop whenever I want, retrace the good stuff, and I meet tons of cool people on the trail.

For instance, remember the "Shots for wheelies" guys at Dalton? I met them on a solo ride a few weeks before Dalton. Although that day they weren't offering shots, but tokes! I passed, but had a blast riding with 'em!
Me too!!! I go over some technical sections a couple of times to find better lines and don't take the breaks that everyone usually does...it's nice and quite relaxing.

I remember those guys...I turned down their "shots for wheelies" and they were astonished when I told them I was pregnant and started yelling through the woods and cheering. :D

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I had a nice weekend. Went upstate to cat sit while my mom's on vacation. I got in a nice road ride and some hills (I still really want a road bike!). Then I went to Cooperstown on Sun. to see the inductions. It was a beautiful day. And now it's back to the cubicle for another busy week...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I had a nice weekend. Went upstate to cat sit while my mom's on vacation. I got in a nice road ride and some hills (I still really want a road bike!). Then I went to Cooperstown on Sun. to see the inductions. It was a beautiful day. And now it's back to the cubicle for another busy week...
Cooperstown is great!!

We'll have to hook up sometime soon. I may be doing some work on a friends house this week. I'll know more by later today. If nothing else we could ride this weekend.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Cooperstown is great!!

We'll have to hook up sometime soon. I may be doing some work on a friends house this week. I'll know more by later today. If nothing else we could ride this weekend.

I have to go home for a wedding on Sat. but Rob will be up and I know we'll be free to ride either later on Sunday or next week.

So, how did you end up proposing? I was thinking of you last week and hoping everything was going well!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
OH and good morning all! I've had a fairly eventful week or so recently. I went up to Jackson Hole last Monday with the family for the week. That's such a beautiful area, I just wish that 75% of the real estate and houses weren't above $1million :p Anyways, drove around Teton National Park and up through Yellowstone. Hadn't been to Yellowstone in probably 8years or so, definitely an incredible place. Unfortunately we didn't see any bears but we saw plenty of moose, elk and bison. Then we rode the bigass tram at JacksonHole Resort, talk about a steep mountain! At the top people were paragliding off the top, and I'm sure most of it was for touristy people but unfortunately it cost about $200 for the tandem one so that was out of the question. Took some good film pics so I'll have to scan those in soon. Spent another 10hours in the car coming home Friday.

Then this weekend was mostly just hanging out at the house in the heat. Got up early at 7 yesterday morning and did a nice 21mile road ride with my stepdad. I'm learning more and more that I have a weird fetish for climbs on that bike :p. Today I think I'm gonna take my little sister to go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, then hangout with a girl I know who we seem to have a mutual interest in eachother haha. Um... that's about it, should be doing about 30-50mile road rides everyday but today this week. Trying to get into tiptop cycling shape as well as drop some weight.

have a good day. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I have to go home for a wedding on Sat. but Rob will be up and I know we'll be free to ride either later on Sunday or next week.

So, how did you end up proposing? I was thinking of you last week and hoping everything was going well!
Well after we got to our house and got settled I asked her if she wanted to go for a bike ride.
I was looking for just the right place to do it, I found this nice secluded spot with some water washing over the rocks. We went down and stood in the water looking thru the rocks... she walked a few feet away and I go "Wow, check out this rock" and she turned around to me with the open box and ring inside.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
stosh said:
Well after we got to our house and got settled I asked her if she wanted to go for a bike ride.
I was looking for just the right place to do it, I found this nice secluded spot with some water washing over the rocks. We went down and stood in the water looking thru the rocks... she walked a few feet away and I go "Wow, check out this rock" and she turned around to me with the open box and ring inside.
Lol thats awesome stosh. :p :)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
COmtbiker12 said:
OH and good morning all! I've had a fairly eventful week or so recently. I went up to Jackson Hole last Monday with the family for the week. That's such a beautiful area, I just wish that 75% of the real estate and houses weren't above $1million :p Anyways, drove around Teton National Park and up through Yellowstone. Hadn't been to Yellowstone in probably 8years or so, definitely an incredible place. Unfortunately we didn't see any bears but we saw plenty of moose, elk and bison. Then we rode the bigass tram at JacksonHole Resort, talk about a steep mountain! At the top people were paragliding off the top, and I'm sure most of it was for touristy people but unfortunately it cost about $200 for the tandem one so that was out of the question. Took some good film pics so I'll have to scan those in soon. Spent another 10hours in the car coming home Friday.

Then this weekend was mostly just hanging out at the house in the heat. Got up early at 7 yesterday morning and did a nice 21mile road ride with my stepdad. I'm learning more and more that I have a weird fetish for climbs on that bike :p. Today I think I'm gonna take my little sister to go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, then hangout with a girl I know who we seem to have a mutual interest in eachother haha. Um... that's about it, should be doing about 30-50mile road rides everyday but today this week. Trying to get into tiptop cycling shape as well as drop some weight.

have a good day. :)
What normal activities? What kinda teenager are you? Where's the part about the crack smokin', binge drinking and unprotected sex?

What a disappointment you are.

Sounds like a good time.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
DRB said:
What normal activities? What kinda teenager are you? Where's the part about the crack smokin', binge drinking and unprotected sex?

What a disappointment you are.

Sounds like a good time.
He's the smart one of the bunch.