Quantcast

~~~~Good Monday Morning~~~~

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Well after we got to our house and got settled I asked her if she wanted to go for a bike ride.
I was looking for just the right place to do it, I found this nice secluded spot with some water washing over the rocks. We went down and stood in the water looking thru the rocks... she walked a few feet away and I go "Wow, check out this rock" and she turned around to me with the open box and ring inside.
You must have been nervous. But what a great way to do it :) And what was her reaction? I'm assuming she was very surprised.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Stosh you stud!!! Congrats man!!! :thumb:

I'm off today, just hanging out with my daughter. We're going out to lunch
and then to the Children's Museum in Saratoga. Have a good day all! :)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
stosh said:
Cooperstown is great!!
:think: i lived in cooperstown for a year when i was about 5... congrats in any case, stosh.

COmtbiker12: i'm jealous. grand teton and yellowstone (and a few cali parks. and alaska too i guess :D) are the big ones remaining on my national-parks-to-visit list

anyway, i completed the sale of my pathfinder on saturday so now am ghettoing it up on the bus everywhere i go. new car/gear hunt is fun :)

pic from friday, doing a stereotypical seattle activity (around lake washington to ivar's, and back across the lake). i'm not in the pic/am behind the camera

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jollytime said:
Nice! Why the muzzles?
The muzzles are for their protection. They do a lot of bumping and jockeying for position when they run in a pack, and at the speed they run (40-45 MPH), one little nip of a tooth can cause a bad cut. Soon as they finish running, we take the muzzles off.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Congrats Stosh! :D

I just got back from a long weekend in Mammoth. I had so much fun riding I forgot to take pics :rolleyes: Oh well maybe one of the other girls got some and I'll be able to share them later. Time to catch up on work.

Have a good day everyone! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Stosh you stud!!! Congrats man!!! :thumb:

I'm off today, just hanging out with my daughter. We're going out to lunch
and then to the Children's Museum in Saratoga. Have a good day all! :)
Thanks man!

Have fun with your daughter.

I need a job with more vacation time.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Toshi said:
:think: i lived in cooperstown for a year when i was about 5... congrats in any case, stosh.

COmtbiker12: i'm jealous. grand teton and yellowstone (and a few cali parks. and alaska too i guess :D) are the big ones remaining on my national-parks-to-visit list

anyway, i completed the sale of my pathfinder on saturday so now am ghettoing it up on the bus everywhere i go. new car/gear hunt is fun :)

pic from friday, doing a stereotypical seattle activity (around lake washington to ivar's, and back across the lake). i'm not in the pic/am behind the camera

Thats cool that screatch came with ya.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
IT was great... I'm now engaged....
Congrats Stoshdude!

Good morning from Bermuda, you :monkey:s.

Not a bad island. Very British, rather stuck up, good food and decent people. Our digital underwater camera flooded on the first dive there, so we're fvcked there.

But boy do these folks like their bikes. A couple trek 3000 roadbikes, a couple of specialized mountain bikes, and even a few jamis bikes out there. Good people here at least.

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
stosh said:
Yeah, now we have to start saving up to pay for the wedding.
We're probably going to do a "cheap" wedding because we are going to have so many people there. Plus neither of us want to have it in a hall, we would both like an outdoor wedding with some type of a nice semi-enclosed tent.
Congrats Stosh!

"cheap" outdoor weddings rock! When my wife and I married in May, everyone who attended was telling us that it's the most fun they've ever had at a wedding. It's certainly the most fun we've ever had at a wedding. Our friends and family pitched in to help out A TON which was really what made the difference.

We're pretty lucky in that we have some very close, very talented friends who contrubuted big time...my advice...if you have those same kind of friends, take them up on whatever they offer to help you with, and then reward them for their hard effort with beer, money...whatever it takes to show them your appreciation.

Congrats again!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Toshi said:
grand teton and yellowstone (and a few cali parks....

My younger brother hit those up on the same road trip before we moved to CO the first time. And some other assorted National Parks in California.

I wish I had copies of the pictures.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Weddings aren't cheap at all......we were working on the house fund, but instead, got sidetracked into the idea of getting married on a boat. Turns out, that was a really cool idea that actually worked out just the way you had it planned in your head. I think it was a wonderful combination of careful planning and "just wingin' it" that got everything off with just one hitch---us!!! :p

We had about 125 people aboard.....they motored us out into the Intercoastal Waterway to the wild horse island at sunset for a quickie ceremony of about 15 minutes. The entire wedding party were in hawaiian shirts and sandals---it was classic!! The only wedding I've ever seen(and it just happened to be mine) that the guests could have a drink while watching the ceremony. Flashes going off....glasses clinking--felt like it was Madonna's wedding or something. Really fun for the guests...really fun for us. We cruised the waterway for the next three hours getting smashed and dancing to, what else? Beach music, of course. Everyone was showing off their best shag-dance maneuvers and having a great time. Everyone since has been talking about how that's the best party they've ever been to, and how they want to renew their wedding vows on this boat tour and such....really cool.

Anyways....here's a shot of the boat. Great bar downstairs and and the dancefloor upstairs.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Buck Fever said:
Congrats Stosh!

"cheap" outdoor weddings rock! When my wife and I married in May, everyone who attended was telling us that it's the most fun they've ever had at a wedding. It's certainly the most fun we've ever had at a wedding. Our friends and family pitched in to help out A TON which was really what made the difference.

We're pretty lucky in that we have some very close, very talented friends who contrubuted big time...my advice...if you have those same kind of friends, take them up on whatever they offer to help you with, and then reward them for their hard effort with beer, money...whatever it takes to show them your appreciation.

Congrats again!
Yeah we're gonna do something nice outside. We just need to find a nice unique place.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Weddings aren't cheap at all......we were working on the house fund, but instead, got sidetracked into the idea of getting married on a boat. Turns out, that was a really cool idea that actually worked out just the way you had it planned in your head. I think it was a wonderful combination of careful planning and "just wingin' it" that got everything off with just one hitch---us!!! :p

We had about 125 people aboard.....they motored us out into the Intercoastal Waterway to the wild horse island at sunset for a quickie ceremony of about 15 minutes. The entire wedding party were in hawaiian shirts and sandals---it was classic!! The only wedding I've ever seen(and it just happened to be mine) that the guests could have a drink while watching the ceremony. Flashes going off....glasses clinking--felt like it was Madonna's wedding or something. Really fun for the guests...really fun for us. We cruised the waterway for the next three hours getting smashed and dancing to, what else? Beach music, of course. Everyone was showing off their best shag-dance maneuvers and having a great time. Everyone since has been talking about how that's the best party they've ever been to, and how they want to renew their wedding vows on this boat tour and such....really cool.

Anyways....here's a shot of the boat. Great bar downstairs and and the dancefloor upstairs.
Hrmmmm there is a boat here on the Hudson River that does that.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Just don't go on the Pride of the Hudson. It's just a crappy boat. But, I think they just do overpriced tours, not weddings
Hey you would be a good person to consult about places to have a wedding....

Even though I've lived her longer you're the person who has to know what's going on in the Hudson Valley.

I'm looking for a sweet outdoor spot between say Miniwaska (sp?) Newburgh, and Warwick.

I would really love to be up in the mtns but I want something "out of the way"

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
the first place that comes to mind is Mohonk because they have facilities too. But, I'm guessing it would be VERY expensive (but def. worth it nonetheless). We saw a wedding going on when we were up there and it was amazing. I would love to be married there.

I haven't heard much in the way of Minnewaska. There are tons of actual Inns and other places that host weddings and have land overlooking the river, though I'm guessing this comes at steep price. We have a wedding supplement. I'll try to dig it up and give it to you when I see you--good incentive for a ride :)

I'll think about it and ask around.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
the first place that comes to mind is Mohonk because they have facilities too. But, I'm guessing it would be VERY expensive (but def. worth it nonetheless). We saw a wedding going on when we were up there and it was amazing. I would love to be married there.

I haven't heard much in the way of Minnewaska. There are tons of actual Inns and other places that host weddings and have land overlooking the river, though I'm guessing this comes at steep price. We have a wedding supplement. I'll try to dig it up and give it to you when I see you--good incentive for a ride :)

I'll think about it and ask around.
That would be totally awesome!
We want something really unique!!!! We would love to rent a section of a state park or something that has either a nice water view/access or a great view of the mtns or from the mtns. I wonder if any of the local vineyards do anything.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
That would be totally awesome!
We want something really unique!!!! We would love to rent a section of a state park or something that has either a nice water view/access or a great view of the mtns or from the mtns. I wonder if any of the local vineyards do anything.

Vineyards are also a good idea. I think the sky's the limit for places. I worked as a tourguide in a cave growing up and people used to get married there. Ahh...there's nothing more romantic than a 42 degree hole in the ground filled with mud :heart:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
You could always try and host it at the top of a mountain. I saw a wedding going on at the top of Jiminy Peak Saturday. The bride, groom and the whole wedding party took the lift to the top of the moutain and they exchanged vows up there. Then it was back down on the lift and they had the reception at the function hall at the bottom. Looked like a nice wedding, and we even said hi to the bride and groom on our way up.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Polandspring88 said:
You could always try and host it at the top of a mountain. I saw a wedding going on at the top of Jiminy Peak Saturday. The bride, groom and the whole wedding party took the lift to the top of the moutain and they exchanged vows up there. Then it was back down on the lift and they had the reception at the function hall at the bottom. Looked like a nice wedding, and we even said hi to the bride and groom on our way up.

Or you could just DH to the bottom and have an extreme wedding

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Vineyards are also a good idea. I think the sky's the limit for places. I worked as a tourguide in a cave growing up and people used to get married there. Ahh...there's nothing more romantic than a 42 degree hole in the ground filled with mud :heart:
Wow, getting married in a cave....or on top of a mtn....

I guess ours probably won't be that unique....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stosh said:
Wow, getting married in a cave....or on top of a mtn....

I guess ours probably won't be that unique....
It WILL be unique, if in the cermony you can get her to give one of your nuts back as an offering of trust...

Anyhoo - CONGRATS!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
H8R said:
It WILL be unique, if in the cermony you can get her to give one of your nuts back as an offering of trust...

Anyhoo - CONGRATS!
and who are you again?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning ... um i mean evening now.
I am working nights again for 2 weeks.. so i doubt i will ever up early enough for the good morning thread!!!!!

Stosh.. great job with the engagement and the popping of the question.. lots of luck.
tree and sq-earl .. congrats on the 7 years!!!!!! thats so awesome
crazy .. have fun with the new bike...

Being on nights is good for one thing only.. I get to ride all day. I am currently putting in tons of miles on the rode. I have decided to do my first Century on sept 11th . I know its gonna hurt.. hopefully i can minimalize that :). we shall see