Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I had a great time this weekend camping at French Creek state park in Pennsylvania.
I'll post some pics shortly. No riding pics of course. the trails down there are great and you can ride out of your campsite and onto trails!! I was really impressed with the setup but of course just like at Jim Thorpe, we had to drink Sohduh!!! Good old PA state parks!!
:)

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning stosh!!!

I'm so stoked for today! I get my M3!!!!:D :D :D :D I'll be sure to post pics this afternoon or in tomorrow's GMT. This weekend was mostly sitting around...somehow stumbled onto having a gf but that's a confusing story. :p

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh. Back from vaca, trying to dig through the mass of e-mails. God, you'd think people didn't know how to function around here without me :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The first pic is of our campsite. if you look in the background you can see our trusty steed my 1969 Schwinn Typhoon!!!

on the way down we saw signs for Velodrome and we knew it some how related to bikes. We weren't sure what it was so on the way home we decided to stop. The second pic is of a bike track just outside of Allentown PA.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Today is my first day back after a week in Mammoth. 4 days on the mountain + 1 day of shuttling Lower Rock Creek 3 times.

Over 150 miles of gravity assisted riding :thumb:

LOTS of pictures and video's to come later today and during the week.

Thanks to BillT for setting it up

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all! Had a good weekend of riding and drinking. Started putting together my singlespeed, just need a couple things and it'll be done. Should have it done before the end of the week. Of course I have to get a truing stand too, because the guy that sold me the wheels must have jumped all over them before he sold them to me (j/k Mark). Taking today off, I rode 16 miles yesterday, it was a really easy trail so we made up for it with speed.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey stosh, glad yr camping trip went well.

excellent weekend, nice and hot. didn't due too much sat, aside from going to a friend's party up in NH. that was fun, the kids had a good time, and my wife caught up w/ some old friends.

sunday i took miles for a bike ride in harold parker. no off-road stuff, but there's a paved section which was fun (and no car traffic). his rear wheel started acting up (a lot of friction due to the coaster brake, at various spots in the rotation) but he gutted it out and pedaled back to the car. i have no idea how these thigns work, so i took it to the shop, but turns out they don't do much work on 'em either. luckily, the problem seemed to have somehow resolved itself; the wheel spun perfectly fine w/ no grabbing. strange.

anyway i happened to run into Jeff T (used to wrench @ cycleloft), as he was in the danvers store for the day. that was cool, jeff's a class guy.

oh yeah, we watched the movie _Dig!_ sat night....what a piece of work Anton Newcombe is. holy crap! the tunes are pretty good too...hadn't heard any of Brian Jonestown Massacre, but if you like spiritualized/spectrum/spacemen 3/etc, you should like 'em.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hey there....

Justine and myself spent the weekend at my neighbors cabin in the mountains, just below Stone Mtn. State Park. We spent Saturday hiking some trails and checking out an area in neighboring Dalton State Park. I've been looking at that area for a little while as a good place for loop hike/overnighter, so it was good to get a pleminary look at the area and sample some trail. Didn't get any pictures as my batteries aparently were feeling a littly sleepy that day and never woke up in time. Dalton State Park is very goregeous, and they have a fine trial system that is well maintained. We spent most of the weekend thaough, just chillin' on the front deck and enjoying the fact that back home--down in the flatlands--the temps were cracking the 100's while we were enjoying high 80's. Drank lots of Cottonwood Brewery's "Low Down Brown" and listened to the sounds of the river running below. A very relaxing weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
A log wedged in my rear wheel yesterday. It ate a couple spokes. :mumble:
did you go OTB?
Thats what happened to me when I got a log jambed into my front wheel.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Had an uneventful weekend...worked as usual. But on Friday Johnnyru and I made it up to Jiminy Peak for a couple hours of DHing. Because it was mid-week, they only had the lower half of the mountain open, but we mananged to keep ourselves amused. We were the only 2 biking on the mountain for most of the day. Trails were great and I'm definately going to get back there before the end of the year! Here's a couple pics of me reprezentin' Ridemonkey... :D

The rest of the pics are at http://www.johnnyru.com/SMBA/jiminy_peak_2005/ if anyone is interested.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
No. Rear wheel = I came to a stop real fast. I was going uphill at the time as well. :mumble:
oh cool...
I went OTB and I managed to land on a soft spot... it all just happend so fast.

I didn't take out any spokes but I did take out my brake hose. So I rode the rest of the time without front brakes.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Had an uneventful weekend...worked as usual. But on Friday Johnnyru and I made it up to Jiminy Peak for a couple hours of DHing. Because it was mid-week, they only had the lower half of the mountain open, but we mananged to keep ourselves amused. We were the only 2 biking on the mountain for most of the day. Trails were great and I'm definately going to get back there before the end of the year! Here's a couple pics of me reprezentin' Ridemonkey... :D

The rest of the pics are at http://www.johnnyru.com/SMBA/jiminy_peak_2005/ if anyone is interested.
Those are nice and smooth! :thumb: Jealous. @ Attitash they have us land in a hole.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup yall. Did a ton of trailwork this weekend. Very small amount of riding (to verify the rideability of a new stunt). Also went to a 30th birthday party for a friend, which was a blast and eventually degenerated into a contest shotgunning cans of cheap beer. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:

NICE pics!!!!!

I should have gotten a RM DH jersey.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning all.....
I had an awesome weekend!!!!!!
IThursday night I headed out to the Hamptons house. Friday morning after a short 10 mile ride we went to Costco and spent a ton of money for our party on saturday. After chilling by the pool the rest of the day we worked up a nice appertite. Chicken and ribs on the bbq answered our prayers.
Sat morning i woke up early and did 64 miles along dune road. Dune road is filled with super expensive mansions, usually owed by stars. Some of these houses are so impressive, I would love to see the insides of them. I went to a grocery store to buy more water and I see a woman who looks so familiar, then it hits me its Famke Janssen. After an awkward silence of me just stareing (and probably drooling) at her I said hello and got behind her on line. she said she was visiting friends out here.. but didnt say who ( I wonder if it was someone famous)
I invited her to out party (jokingly) she never made it though

anyway the Party was excellent.. even without Famke.
42 people, 15 cases of beer, 6 bottles of kettle,4 bottle grey goose, 2 cases of redbull, too many Margeritas, 2 broken blenders and 13 hours of laughs. It was one heck of a time.. i am still paying for it now!!!!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning. Had a nice relaxing weekend. We went down to Darkhorse and then to ride Stewart on Sat. It was great, except for the fact that I endoed....again. This is the second time at Stewart in one week. This time it was while going down a steep hill that had some hidden roots and nice, loose dirt. It hurt like hell, but I got up and rode out. Rob had a nice endo minutes later. Stosh, we need you there to tell us not to do some of the downhills. You need to be our conscience!

Sunday we went to Overlook and I finally decided on the bike I want to use for training and building endurance and for some winter riding. I was never sure about a road bike, so I think a cyclocross is a better way to go. Then I'm not so limited to pavement and can have some fun on it too. I'm looking at a Kona Jake or a Jake the Snake. They're actually some nice ones on Ebay. :D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
AWESOME weekend spent at Snowshoe mountain riding and racing (NORBA).....It was a blast!!! Lottsa monkeys. lottsa bikes lottsa fun!!!!!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Working today. Both the other network guys are going to a meeting in S.D. leaving me to support 600 people across the state of Arizona for the next three days. I was offered the trip but turned it down since I'm training for tour of the white mountains, a 52 mile off road race with about a billion feet of climbing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Morning. Had a nice relaxing weekend. We went down to Darkhorse and then to ride Stewart on Sat. It was great, except for the fact that I endoed....again. This is the second time at Stewart in one week. This time it was while going down a steep hill that had some hidden roots and nice, loose dirt. It hurt like hell, but I got up and rode out. Rob had a nice endo minutes later. Stosh, we need you there to tell us not to do some of the downhills. You need to be our conscience!

Sunday we went to Overlook and I finally decided on the bike I want to use for training and building endurance and for some winter riding. I was never sure about a road bike, so I think a cyclocross is a better way to go. Then I'm not so limited to pavement and can have some fun on it too. I'm looking at a Kona Jake or a Jake the Snake. They're actually some nice ones on Ebay. :D
Scott has a really nice line of Cyclecross stuff out.
You still up for a ride tomorrow? You guys are troopers! How did you do finding your way around?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning all - went to see March of the Penguins with Connor last night. Penguins are tough birds!!! Holy crap - they have to endure the harshest conditions on earth and they go for months on end without eating. I have much respect for Penguins now. Damn cool birds! :cool:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
MMcG said:
Morning all - went to see March of the Penguins with Connor last night. Penguins are tough birds!!! Holy crap - they have to endure the harshest conditions on earth and they go for months on end without eating. I have much respect for Penguins now. Damn cool birds! :cool:
I've wanted to go see March of the Penguins. Went to the movies Sat night and saw Red Eye.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning all.

Rode Stewart on Saturday. Endoed down a goddamned rocky downhill and jammed my thigh into my stem. Mucho paino. Didn't have much issue finding our way around, but damn was it a painful ride around after that.

Sunday involved a trip to Overlook and some other shenanigans. Looking forward to actually recovering and being able to walk without a limp again.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Had a nice weekend visiting with the in-laws. Went to a friend's 30th b-day party on Saturday night and it was quite weird being pretty much the only sober person there. Sunday we celebrated my birthday by eating blueberry pie that I didn't have to make (YEAH) but I did end up making dinner for everyone...not sure how that happened :think: Once again, my brother-in-law forgot my birthday. Not that I should be surprised...my husband and I have been together for 10 years (7 years of marriage) and the closest he's gotten to my birthday is mid-October :confused: My mother-in-law was not too happy with him about it as she called him and reminded him last week (twice) that we were celebrating it on Sunday. Oh well!

Might head out for a ride sometime today as I need some stamps and I had driving the 6 miles to the post office.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
McGRP01 said:
Missed you by one day.

I went up on Saturday with a big group from bikerag and had an awesome time. Even ran into LOONatic who was up there on his own and did a few runs with him.

You gotta go on a weekend and take the big lift to the top - very fun trails.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning all.

Rode Stewart on Saturday. Endoed down a goddamned rocky downhill and jammed my thigh into my stem. Mucho paino. Didn't have much issue finding our way around, but damn was it a painful ride around after that.

Sunday involved a trip to Overlook and some other shenanigans. Looking forward to actually recovering and being able to walk without a limp again.
What did you think of Darkhorse cycles?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
What did you think of Darkhorse cycles?
I drooled over the Specialized equip they had hanging around there. Very nice shop, and very helpful in terms of questions. Also picked up some full finger gloves because I'm sick of having my knuckles ripped up by thornbushes or roses or whatever.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
tonyhawk said:
Missed you by one day.

I went up on Saturday with a big group from bikerag and had an awesome time. Even ran into LOONatic who was up there on his own and did a few runs with him.

You gotta go on a weekend and take the big lift to the top - very fun trails.
Crap...that sucks! Wish we could have ridden with y'all. Yeah, we were bummed that the upper mountain was closed, but we did hike-a-bike up trail #1 a ways to hit #22 (?) where there were some decent drops/jumps/etc.. Can't wait to get back up there, it was just my speed. Not this weekend though....Mt. Snow is calling!! :devil:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
TreeSaw said:
Morning all! Had a nice weekend visiting with the in-laws. Went to a friend's 30th b-day party on Saturday night and it was quite weird being pretty much the only sober person there. Sunday we celebrated my birthday by eating blueberry pie that I didn't have to make (YEAH) but I did end up making dinner for everyone...not sure how that happened :think: Once again, my brother-in-law forgot my birthday. Not that I should be surprised...my husband and I have been together for 10 years (7 years of marriage) and the closest he's gotten to my birthday is mid-October :confused: My mother-in-law was not too happy with him about it as she called him and reminded him last week (twice) that we were celebrating it on Sunday. Oh well!

Might head out for a ride sometime today as I need some stamps and I had driving the 6 miles to the post office.
Happy belated Treesaw!!!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
bluebug32 said:

Perhaps, you are sitting too far forward on your bike. You might want to consciously make the effort to put your butt behind the seat on downhill sections. If that's hard, try lowering your seat a little bit. I had to move mine forward so it's easier to get behind my seat. I was having similar problems last year and the beginning of this year.