Quantcast

~~~~~~Good Monday Morning~~~~~~

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
School work all weekend. It was reallyy hard to focus on it as all I could think about was Next season!!!

Been to the gym to do cardio and on day this weekend of weight circuit.

Other then that, boring.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning.

I finally got my M3 on Friday, so got part of that put together and should be getting the rest of it together today. :D Oh and I uh, did school homework :p

I like getting new bikes. :D

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Hit up Attitash Saturday with a few guys. Place has really gotten beaten up this season as its washed out and dusty. Not a bad riding day though my bike got beat up. Smashed shifter and now my front wheel has a fairly significant amount of side to side wobble and wont hold the tire on either. New front wheel shall come this winter, I will ride the one I have until it blows up. Other than that life is meh, fairly boring. School and work today.

Won our last CS:S match and Pubmasters 2 is out so I suppose it can be considered a good day.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went on a group century yesterday. 40 miles into it I had to pee really bad. Normally I would sprint ahead and do my business and get back on the pack but the pace was fast and I had no sprint in my legs. I was asking around to see if anyone else needed to stop, one dude had an embarassed look on his face and admitted he had just pissed himself :eek: :eek: :help: .

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I went mtn biking in Southern NJ. Yeah I know it's flat but someone had cut this trail thru some park lands down there. It was cool, it was almost totally flat but it twisted thru small pine trees and the sandy trail made it super slick!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Nice job Tigg!

I'm counting down the days until I leave for Europe. This week is gonna suck!
So what exactly are your plans?

Congrats TIGG!!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin'

My dad and I went down to the coast this weekend to get some red drum fishing in over at Oriental, NC. We got a few, but never really was able to get into a rhythm because everythime we would get into a good spot, a raging thunderstorm would blow in and chase us off the water for a few hours. We did got to try some nighttime drum fishing....which is very interesting because the Neuse river is a very treacherous river with sand shoals that come up out of nowhere. But, being armed with a kick-ass GPS and some good compass readings, we were able to navigate everything just fine. We came up empty-handed that night, but were able to redeem ourselves the next morning with about 6 nice-sized flounder around the boat docks.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Spent the weekend running up to Seneca Falls, then back here to hang out with an old friend from college. Sunday involved heading out for a free breakfast, then picking up the new lever for my Juicys, which was a snap install. Then the evening was full of Madden 04, magazines and farm fresh corn on the cob.

And Tigg, congrats on the podium!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
I went mtn biking in Southern NJ. Yeah I know it's flat but someone had cut this trail thru some park lands down there. It was cool, it was almost totally flat but it twisted thru small pine trees and the sandy trail made it super slick!
where did you ride in southern nj??? shoulda let me know i was there

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
friday night went to a wedding i was dreading to go to but had a blast .. with some help from kettle one.
saturday went to hawtshorne to do some riding.... jumped into the water at sandy hook and just relaxed a little too much . the ride back to the trail head was tough. I took a friend to get a new hybrid bike at my LBS. After 3 hrs she found one she liked and bought it. then we cruised around brooklyn for a bit.
Last night I got the urge to go for a ride ... I casually cruised around the streets of brooklyn alond the bar scene, ocasionally grabbing a pint or two

hope you all had some fun this weekend

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
i was near sandy hook.. one of my favorite trails ... hawsthorne woods...
never heard of mayslanding... what trail?? was it good???
It was only about 3 miles... almost totally flat however if you remember some of the drops and stuff at Tamaqua it was like that. Quick little dips here and there and lots of logs to hop over.
I actually went OTB when I accidentally grabbed my brakes instead of pulling my front tire over one of the logs. Mayslanding is exit 44 on the GSP.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Rather uneventful weekend, but sometimes those are the best. I picked up a pair of sixsixone knee/shin pads yesterday, so hopefully I'll cut down on my bruising! Looking forward to getting some nice rides in with Rob before he goes to school. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Congrats, Tigg!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Rather uneventful weekend, but sometimes those are the best. I picked up a pair of sixsixone knee/shin pads yesterday, so hopefully I'll cut down on my bruising! Looking forward to getting some nice rides in with Rob before he goes to school. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Congrats, Tigg!
You guys wanna ride tomorrow?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
It was only about 3 miles... almost totally flat however if you remember some of the drops and stuff at Tamaqua it was like that. Quick little dips here and there and lots of logs to hop over.
I actually went OTB when I accidentally grabbed my brakes instead of pulling my front tire over one of the logs. Mayslanding is exit 44 on the GSP.
Rob would have had a lot of trouble with that trail...damn the flat parts! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who grabs too much front brake and endos. I think I learned the hard way and will NEVER do that again!

Are you around to ride this week?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
do you have any more info on it??? like drirections after the exit?? maybe you could email me?? spanks!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Rob would have had a lot of trouble with that trail...damn the flat parts! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who grabs too much front brake and endos. I think I learned the hard way and will NEVER do that again!

Are you around to ride this week?
Yeah well there was so many logs here that by the end my arms were starting to get tired and lazy... whoops!! :)

This was by far the easiest trail I had ever ridden.... but of course I ended up falling.... :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Work sucks this morning. It is kicking my ass.

Sounds like a lot of monkeys had a great weekend. Ours was free of riding. :( We had a wedding in Boston Saturday night, then we slept late yesterday before getting the foster dog. I did have a playoff hockey game last night that we won, so the championship series (best two out of three) starts tonight. I won the awards for top point scorer and top assist scorer. The assist one is funny because I am a puck hog.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Stosh: I've got family visiting Tues/Wed. We're free Thursday and I Fri (I get out of work at 2 on Fridays so we could be there early). Do either of the two days work?
Thursday sounds good although weather wise I'm not sure. Tell you're family you gotta run out and get some milk and eggs and come on down. :)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hey everyone!

Great weekend of riding. Saturday I did a long loop to include Flagline...a great higher up trail here in Bend...it was awesome and has such good flow. Then yesterday I rode with the Bend Bella Cyclists on a good loop as well. Lots of miles, lots of sunshine...GOOD TIMES!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Thursday sounds good although weather wise I'm not sure. Tell you're family you gotta run out and get some milk and eggs and come on down. :)
The weather sounds iffy all week. Damn hurricane... :mumble:

Are you around on Fri? We're not heading up to Senaca Falls until Sat. probably. After that, Rob will be gone (until your monkeyfest), but I'll be around to ride after work :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
The weather sounds iffy all week. Damn hurricane... :mumble:

Are you around on Fri? We're not heading up to Senaca Falls until Sat. probably. After that, Rob will be gone (until your monkeyfest), but I'll be around to ride after work :)
WE're gone Friday after work to PA. We're gonna ride Tamaqua by Jim Thorpe on Saturday.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Spent the weekend doing family stuff. Had a nice late evening night ride on Friday and I rode pretty well which was great. I really enjoy night riding! Then it was off to the pub to pick up my husband and grab dinner (he'd done an earlier ride with the guys at work and was drinkin' when I got there). It's funny how they all heckle you when you ride down the road toward the bars (they could see me for quite a while as I got stuck at a light and there was a ton of traffic so I had to wait). Good times :thumb:

Saturday we did some bike maintenance and rode around the yard until my family came over to celebrate my mother's birthday (it's really today but my sisters went up to school and they wanted to celebrate too). I made a glazed ham with mashed potatos and carrots and a tastey strawberry angelfood cake with chocolate and strawberry filling and whipped icing. :drool:

Sunday was move my sisters back to college day. Today I am teaching some lessons and relaxing.