Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning~~

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning :monkey:s

Spent a great weekend down in Highland. Friday I had to wait until the cable guy worked his magic to give me phone, tv and net access. As soon as he was gone, so was I. And of course, I tried to take a "new faster route" which actually ended up being about an hour longer time wise. Blah.

Saturday we got up and met with Stosh and Aubrey, and another couple, Ray and Devon, for a ride at Stewart. It was a beautiful day, and we spent a good three and a half hours doing a thirteen and a half mile ride (nobody realized we should quit until we were completely beat and still had to get back to the cars). And Stosh should have some ride shots to share with us today to boot.

After we cleaned up, we headed to Montgomery Day for the street fair (which is food, beer and good laughs). It was a hell of a good time.

Sunday involved fixing Beth's rack (BIKE rack you perverts) and securing it to the car to deter future asshats from trying to take it, and watching Election. Good movie, good choice for a Sunday, even though the whole thing was twisted as hell. Then a 4.25 hour drive home, and back to the grind today. No class until 10.

And still looking for a damned road bike too...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Sunday was race # 3 of the Masters of the Mountains/ NYS Championship series...I was good all w/e, I did a fast ride Friday, an easy ride Saturday, stayed hydrated, ate well, got enough sleep.....and I guess that helped being I won my cat/age group and, more importantly I also won the series, so I am NYS XC Champion (sport 30-39)!!

YAY! ME!!!! :dancing:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin all...

Saturday we had the first part of our front walk put in... so no more walking through the mud to get to the front door. They are coming back this afternoon to finish it.

Sunday I ran some errands and hit some dirt jumps with my cousin. Got totally schooled by the jumps and my cousin, but had a blast.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Awesome job Doug!!!

Glad you had a good time Rob, sorry I couldn't be there.

Morning all! Got the single speed built up but I'm having some issues with the chain falling off. Not sure if it's my gearing ration (32-15) or possibly one too many spacers, or my skewer isn't holding the wheel in place well enough on the horizontal dropout. I'll get some pics on tonight or tomorrow.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
Sunday was race # 3 of the Masters of the Mountains/ NYS Championship series...I was good all w/e, I did a fast ride Friday, an easy ride Saturday, stayed hydrated, ate well, got enough sleep.....and I guess that helped being I won my cat/age group and, more importantly I also won the series, so I am NYS XC Champion (sport 30-39)!!

AWESOME!!!!! Congratulations Dough! :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Crazy Sweeper said:
Awesome job Doug!!!

Glad you had a good time Rob, sorry I couldn't be there.

Morning all! Got the single speed built up but I'm having some issues with the chain falling off. Not sure if it's my gearing ration (32-15) or possibly one too many spacers, or my skewer isn't holding the wheel in place well enough on the horizontal dropout. I'll get some pics on tonight or tomorrow.
We got your message late last night (I think). I'll show Sq-Earl this post and see if he can offer any words of wisdom. If Echo is online today, he may know as well.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning :monkey:s ! I am off to recruit some more kiddies for band at one of my elementary schools. Tonight I have private students at home and maybe a short ride, but I don't know. Had a good ride on Friday...felt faster than the past couple of weeks and didn't have any issues maintaining my heartrate. I did managed to crash once (in the mud) and have a nice new bruise...it's been a while since I crashed and this one was just a slow-mo fall so nothing major (although I did get the attention of all the guys for once) ;)

That is all for now...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
How's the chain line... nice and straight?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Good Morning everyone, my weekend RAWKED. Saturday morning we all went out and rode about 15 miles of xc here in the pgh area. Then showered off and were on our way to snowshoe for some riding on sunday. We rode the bike park and western territories from lift open to lift close. The trails were unreal, SNOWSHOE WAS DUSTY! No mud anywhere on mountian. Everything was so smooth and flowy, im still on a high.

I think i broke my right ring finger though :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:

Congrats man...

I didn't do anything this weekend...

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I am extremely angry today. Last night some sort of virus made its way in through the firewall and it is lurking somewhere in my system. Tries to send itself out through AIM and has been generating popups and blue screens. Spent a total of about 4 hours so far trying to get rid of it, and I think I may have gotten it. Hopefully because I do not want to have to transfer all of my stuff to an external HD and reformat.

Other than that today is just another school day. Statics, American Colonial History and Introduction to the History of Technology. Boooooring.

Ooo, and tonight is an extremely important match. As is we have one loss and one forfeit win that needs to be made up, and the team we are going against tonight is 4-1 as well. We will see how that goes.

EDIT: Oh yea, riding plans sucked big time. Was supposed to go DHing at Jiminy Peak with a lot of guys that I have not seen in a long time. As we are getting ready to go there is a high pitched squeek and one of the brake lines burst. AAA took 3 hours from the time they were called until the tow truck got there...excuse, "He got stuck in traffic." Bullsh!t. That pissed me off too.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
jacksonpt said:
How's the chain line... nice and straight?
It looks like it's off about 1/8 or 1/4 of an inch which is about the same size as one spacer on the rear hub.

Also, I'm using an SRAM 8spd chain. I had to have the wheel in the mid position on the dropout in order to get the proper chain tension. I have the skewer really tight but I think chain stress is whats knocking it out of position and causing the chain to come off.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Crazy Sweeper said:
If you are just running a regular QR that is probably the issue. I had to convert my rear XT hub to a 10mm solid bolt on axle in order to generate enough holding power to keep the wheel from sliding under pedalling forces.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
douglas said:

Congrats dude! Monkey champion reprezent.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
douglas said:

wow that is awesome douglas.. congrats man!!!!!

Dirt Jumper

Chimp
Sep 6, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Blahrg. Mornin'.

I woke up every day this weekend and hopped on my ride. I went to a local dirt jump track a few times, dialed in my one-footers (time for no-handers!), and cleaned up and washed my bike.
Pretty soon here, I'll be leaving to go to school. Ugh.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning all....

I had a great weekend.. sorry I missed you guys at Stosh's place sounds like you had a good time. Can't wait until I see some pics. Yesterday I did my first century in the NYC century bike tour... 106.9 miles... those extra 6.9 miles really sucked being in the bronx which happens to be very hilly.I was happy to finish.. all in all a great day to ride and a lot of fun

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
thanks everyone.......I was definitely happy, my 2 goals for this year was to do a century & win the NYS series, and I did both...now I can spend the rest of the year on couch eating buffalo wings, pizza, chips and BEER !!

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning, Saturday was the 10 Annual Tour of the White Mountains in Pinetop, AZ. We unwisely chose the 52 mile event. Torrential downpours the night before turned the course into an unbelievable muckfest. On the first steep climb which is usually loose rock and about 1.2 miles long it had turned into pure mud with some large rocks planted in between. Many were passing us turning back at this point. Oh one more thing, the course start is at 7500 ft. elevation and climbs from there. I witnessed no less than three broken rear derailleurs from those trying to climb through the mud, one in our group included. Unbelievably he had a spare derailleur hanger in his tank bag and was able to repair and continue. The back side of the mountain was tight single track with rocks and slight drops in the trail. There was no rolling over any of these features, once you hit an object you merely slid off to one side or the other (okay go ahead and laugh- we're all desert dwellers and don't have to deal with mud too often). The final straw was when we reached the bottom of that hill there was no more riding. You would push the bike for 10 feet until it quit moving, clean everything out and repeat. We ended up carrying bikes until we reached the next fire road where there were about 50 others waiting for a sag wagon. We had made it through 12.5 of the 52 miles. We rode back to the event on the road, turned in the transponders and then celebrated the DNF back at the cabin with good food, lots o' beer, the jacuzzi and a fire in the pit for the evening.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
CONGRATS DOUGLAS!! :thumb:

Morning!! I went to Plattekill this weekend to race DH and actually won my first race! (1st place Mens Beginner 30+) :D Hopefully I'll have some pics at some point. It was a double points race this weekend so the win will move me up into the top 3 for the NYS Championship. Two more races to go... :devil: Think I need to move up to sport next year though as my winning time would have had me finishing second in Sport Class!! :D Great course this month and lots of fun!

Oh.... and I got to meet Mack. He's a cool kid, so cut him some slack next time he's acting like a dillhole. ;)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Morning!! I went to Plattekill this weekend to race DH and actually won my first race! (1st place Mens Beginner 30+) :D Hopefully I'll have some pics at some point. It was a double points race this weekend so the win will move me up into the top 3 for the NYS Championship. Two more races to go... :devil: Think I need to move up to sport next year though as my winning time would have had me finishing second in Sport Class!! :D Great course this month and lots of fun!

;)

WOOT !!

Way to go!!

Laz loves to call people sandbaggers, next year sport for you!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi folks!

Dang......not a lot to report. I woke up Friday with the worlds biggest crick in my neck, and couldn't hardly move all day at work. Miserable, indeed. Came home and raided the pahrmacy cabinet for all things pain-numbing and found a nice combination of Advil and Percocet that did the trick. So, I basically just walked around like Frankenstien for a day or two and tried to keep stretched out on the exercise ball until things chilled out. The wife found that to be the perfect time to take advantage of me being in one place for more than an hour at a time, and put me to work writing out thank-you cards for our wedding.

Watched both Carolina(Tarheels) and Panthers take close losses this weekend and that made me really sad. Hope it's not gonna be that kind of season........

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:

WOOT !!

Way to go!!

Laz loves to call people sandbaggers, next year sport for you!!
Yep...he did call me a sandbagger at the awards presentation. I think he was just jealous because he came in second to last in the same class. :blah:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Good morning everyone,

Rode the Tour of the White Mountains this weekend. Rain of biblical proportions the night before the race. The trails were a mess, worse than I thought. I rode the muderous rock hill, bailed at the common 52 miler bail point - FR187. I can't see how anyone finished in the allotted time. I had a good time regardless.

I had good tire clearance, disk brakes, was oiling my chain every few miles and still ground to a halt at the mud bog just before FR187. The pine needles combined with the clayish mud was just about perfect as clogging everything. If your derailliuer got clogged you could end up snapping it off from chain tension.

At FR187 a group of 50 or so people bailed more or less together. In a small paceline in town we hit over 25mph on a mountain bikes with fat tires... That was fun. My real disappointment was that I was feeling good, my bike was working good and I really wanted to finish the race. I just couldn't see how it was possible.

Still it wasn't as bad as 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo. It wasn't freezing with blinding rain AND muddy trails. It seems all the Arizona events this year have a pretty common theme, Rain and suffering.

Congrats to all the racers, regardless of place.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
douglas said:

Congrats, Doug, that's awesome! :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
hooples3 said:
good morning all....

I had a great weekend.. sorry I missed you guys at Stosh's place sounds like you had a good time. Can't wait until I see some pics. Yesterday I did my first century in the NYC century bike tour... 106.9 miles... those extra 6.9 miles really sucked being in the bronx which happens to be very hilly.I was happy to finish.. all in all a great day to ride and a lot of fun
Congrats on your first century! And we'll definitely have to ride together at Stewart sometime.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Yep...he did call me a sandbagger at the awards presentation. I think he was just jealous because he came in second to last in the same class. :blah:

Lazlo raced!!!! Holy crap!!

I might do the xc race there in 2 weeks

The 1st lap of my xc race I busted my hump to be 1st to this steep, shale rock chute with a hard 90 turn 1/3 of the way down it, my platty DH skills kicked in, I heard some crashing sounds behind me and didnt see any of group until after the finish !!

J

JRB

Good morning. Congrats, Doug. IAB - get your ass to moderating. You've got some work to do. ;)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Goodmorning! Had a great weekend, which Rob pretty much summed up. The highlights were a beautiful day and a great ride with Stosh and Aubrey and hanging out with Ray and Devon who are very cool and fun to ride with. I felt very strong and more confident on the trails. We even replenished our carbs with some beer afterwards, so it was a great day. And now I'm still in the process of trying to snag a road bike off of Ebay for some training/riding now and through the winter on the trainer. Damn bid snippers always come in at the last second and take over! Oh well, regardless, it was still a great weekend!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hey everyone!

I also had a great weekend - nice riding after a little spurt of rain Saturday. It turned previously dusty trails to some supertacky raceways!!!!!!! Awesome singletrack as usual, and great views. There was even some snow in the mts!!!!

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
douglas said:
I also won the series, so I am NYS XC Champion (sport 30-39)!!

Holy crap, Doug - that's awesome! Congratulations! I don't feel so bad about not being able to keep up with you now ... :D