Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Reactor said:
Morning all...

My black cloud is back. Found out last night my father has Lung, Liver and Lymphatic cancer. He's on Chemo but even if it works the doctors don't expect him to last more than two years. They don't really expect the chemo to work. Every time I see a light at the end of the tunnel I find out it's a train.....

damn, sorry man. How old is your dad?

One of my good friends dad was diagnosed w/brain cancer. It was so bad they couldnt give a "how much longer" and that was almost a year ago.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Reactor said:
Morning all...

My black cloud is back. Found out last night my father has Lung, Liver and Lymphatic cancer. He's on Chemo but even if it works the doctors don't expect him to last more than two years. They don't really expect the chemo to work. Every time I see a light at the end of the tunnel I find out it's a train.....
I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Try to keep some hope though. My friend Cheryl I rode with this weekend survived breast cancer only to be diagnosed with terminal cancer a few years later. The doctor's gave her less than a year to live......five years later she is still going strong and kicking a$$ on a bike. :thumb:

I wish you and your family the best. :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel down his pants, so the barteneder asked the pirate "Why do you have a steering wheel down your pants?" the pirate replies "It's driving me nuts...Arrr!"
You were listening to EQX this morning weren't you? :sneaky:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
GumbaFish said:
Also note that we haden't tied in the top decking to the supports yet, hence the two guys in the back holding up the drop lol. Although we did tie them in later, Amish wanted to hit the drop and we were out of screws when this pic was taken.
BWAAHHH!!! That's awesome....doesn't surprise me at all :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Reactor said:
Morning all...

:( I am sorry to hear about your father! I hope he finds peace during this tough time!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
bluebug32 said:
Yay, EQX! Did anyone end up going to Lark Fest? We checked it out briefly before the concert.
Yeah, gotta love EQX. I've been listening to them for years!!! I grew up in Salem, NY (which is about 25 minutes from Manchester) so we definitely had to be fans. We didn't make it to Lark Fest this weekend, but I heard some rave reviews on the radio Sunday.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Shyrmp said:
I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Try to keep some hope though. My friend Cheryl I rode with this weekend survived breast cancer only to be diagnosed with terminal cancer a few years later. The doctor's gave her less than a year to live......five years later she is still going strong and kicking a$$ on a bike. :thumb:
That's awesome! :thumb: One of my riding girlfriends is also a breast cancer survivor and it has definitely made her more determined and stronger!!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
TreeSaw said:
Yeah, gotta love EQX. I've been listening to them for years!!! I grew up in Salem, NY (which is about 25 minutes from Manchester) so we definitely had to be fans. We didn't make it to Lark Fest this weekend, but I heard some rave reviews on the radio Sunday.
They had a nice day for it and it was really crowded. I heard some of the Dandy Warhols and they were much better than I had expected. It's great how walkable Albany is. We hung out on Lark Street for a bit and then were able to walk to the Pepsi. We had some dinner at El Mariachi along the way and it was very yummy!

At the Stones concert, I looked over and Mayor Jennings and his wife were sitting next to me. It was fun. Someone yelled out, "hey, Jerry, you throw a GREAT party!" :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
bluebug32 said:
They had a nice day for it and it was really crowded. I heard some of the Dandy Warhols and they were much better than I had expected. It's great how walkable Albany is. We hung out on Lark Street for a bit and then were able to walk to the Pepsi. We had some dinner at El Mariachi along the way and it was very yummy!

At the Stones concert, I looked over and Mayor Jennings and his wife were sitting next to me. It was fun. Someone yelled out, "hey, Jerry, you throw a GREAT party!" :)
LOL!!! That's funny! I wish that I had gotten down there because I would liked to have seen the Dandy Warhols. Oh well...another time!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bluebug32 said:
Yay, EQX! Did anyone end up going to Lark Fest? We checked it out briefly before the concert.

Went over w/my sis for a bit, saw my friend Rebeca (working the Lark Vegas booth) and T-bone (working the Lark Tattoo booth)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
TreeSaw said:
LOL!!! That's funny! I wish that I had gotten down there because I would liked to have seen the Dandy Warhols. Oh well...another time!
I was surprised at how good their harmonies were. Have you seen the movie Dig! about the Dandy Warhols? They have a very messed up past--maybe that's why they're good musicians.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
Reactor said:
Morning all...

Man Reactor I feel for you. I lost my father to a heart attack in 1990. He was only 32 years old. When they did the autopsy they found out he had severe emphazema as well as lung cancer. He was so messed up internally that all attempts at reviving him were useless. Damn cigarettes!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
douglas said:
Went over w/my sis for a bit, saw my friend Rebeca (working the Lark Vegas booth) and T-bone (working the Lark Tattoo booth)
I was looking for you!

Albany was just one big party all day Saturday. Between Lark Fest and the Stones, downtown was really hopping. There was a block party outside the Pepsi Arena too both before and after the concert.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
bluebug32 said:
I was surprised at how good their harmonies were. Have you seen the movie Dig! about the Dandy Warhols? They have a very messed up past--maybe that's why they're good musicians.
that was a pretty good flick. anton from brian jonestown massacre was a piece of work (but some of his tunes are great; cf. "swallowtail" or "nevertheless").

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning all!!!!!

Stosh I hope aubrey starts feeling better really soon

Reactor, Sorry to hear abot your dad.. i know its hard hang in there. My mom has Lung cancer and luckily things are going well, but i am afraid of hearing bad news everytime i go to the doctors. I wish him well

Im just waking up .. I hate working nights. I have o go to the bank now to transfer some money around because i am about to write the biggest check of my life.... we are signing the contarct for our house..tons of fun and excitement!!

no riding for me this weekend.. sat was my sister-in-laws wedding.. way too much partying.. I knew i was gonna be in trouble when she hired a huge bus to take us to and from the reception so we didnt have to drive... sunday was just recouperation!!!!!

have a great day !!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
narlus said:
that was a pretty good flick. anton from brian jonestown massacre was a piece of work (but some of his tunes are great; cf. "swallowtail" or "nevertheless").
It was kind of a strange film, but interesting to see how both bands evolved. I don't know BJM very well. Are they still together?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yeah BJM is still around. i hadn't really heard any of their stuff before that movie, but it piqued my interest. hard to say that anton's doing anything really groundbreaking (maybe if you never heard Spacemen 3 before, and they ripped off red krayola, velvet underground, etc) but he's got some solid tunes

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
douglas said:
damn, sorry man. How old is your dad?

One of my good friends dad was diagnosed w/brain cancer. It was so bad they couldnt give a "how much longer" and that was almost a year ago.

Thanks for the positive thoughts and support everyone!

My dad is 65, he smoked for about 25 years and quit about 15 years ago. He was also an airplane mechanic in the Navy back in the days when they washed grease off their hands with gasoline!

I did have a good ride up and down Mormon National on Friday. Saw a guy who rode like a pro on a Turner 5spot coming down the trail like it was a DS course. He never hesitated, swish, swish swish, he was gone, without breaking a sweat. What a stud!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bluebug32 said:
I was looking for you!

Albany was just one big party all day Saturday. Between Lark Fest and the Stones, downtown was really hopping. There was a block party outside the Pepsi Arena too both before and after the concert.
no doubt...you see the fireworks? (I could see them from my bed room window)

I did go back out Sat night to downtown - saw some reggea band

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Ho hum. Neuro is a b!tch of a class. I've got about 70 pages of material for the exam (this is the outline) which covers nearly 1000 pages of actual material. And this exam is in....2 weeks?

Fawk.

Let's see what ELSE can throw a monkey wrench into my day.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
douglas said:
no doubt...you see the fireworks? (I could see them from my bed room window)

I did go back out Sat night to downtown - saw some reggea band
I was in the Pepsi Arena at that point, having streamers dropped on my head.

Where exactly do you live again?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
robdamanii said:
Ho hum. Neuro is a b!tch of a class. I've got about 70 pages of material for the exam (this is the outline) which covers nearly 1000 pages of actual material. And this exam is in....2 weeks?

Fawk.

Let's see what ELSE can throw a monkey wrench into my day.
Ick...that's a lot of neuro. Hang in there!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Note neuro is only one class of 9 for midterms.

I know we have 400 pages of gross, 1000 for neuro, 28 slides for histo, 300 +/- pages for history/philosophy, 500 pages for histo lecture, techniques and skills for tech 1 and tech 2, and a dissection practical in neuro lab.

Thrilling.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
robdamanii said:
Note neuro is only one class of 9 for midterms.

I know we have 400 pages of gross, 1000 for neuro, 28 slides for histo, 300 +/- pages for history/philosophy, 500 pages for histo lecture, techniques and skills for tech 1 and tech 2, and a dissection practical in neuro lab.

Thrilling.
Sounds like the work is really starting to add up :(

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
robdamanii said:
Seems like everyone's hitting on you lately. What with your shapely hips and volleyball thighs.

why thanks, oh and about that PM, yes a theesome is a fantasy of mine, but it involves me with two chicks....so the answer is no, sorry!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
douglas said:
why thanks, oh and about that PM, yes a theesome is a fantasy of mine, but it involves me with two chicks....so the answer is no, sorry!
In response to your PM, yes, I can be over later tonight and I'll bring a friend ;)

We're going riding, right??