Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
HOw is everybody today?

I didn't do much other than clean up my bikes and take care of my crippled fiancee.

It was a mellow weekend.

Have a great day!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Ahoy, ya bilge rat! Nay a bad weekend be had. I tookst th' boat ou' fer a paddle around th' marsh, then drank many more grog while workin' in th' yard.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I had a football game at Exeter, NH which sucked, like a 3 hour drive, but it was alright I guess, met some girl, got her #, but forgot her name! Didn't do a thing on Sunday, went to be at like 4 A.M. and chilled. Today, class, and more class, then a doctors appointment. Cool I guess :rolleyes:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Ahoy! 'Tis a beauty of a day! (ok...that's the best I can do for now as I haven't had nearly enough coffee).

Had a nice weekend. Got a lot of housework and paperwork done. I also got to test ride a really kick a$$ new bike and as such was forced to balance the checkbook again ;) and take pictures of the bikes I am selling (coming to the buy and sell forum soon). I did, however decide, that I should not get the bike until after the baby comes out as I was taking Sq-Earl's lines and not even noticing last night which could definitely lead to some carnage if I had not been riding such an awesome machine :D

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
What happened to Aubrey stosh?

We had the whole homecoming thing at my school this weekend. Hungout with my friends at the football game, which I think we won, we left early and got some mexican food to beat the traffic. Then I spontaneously decided to go to the dance alone, which was probably a lot more fun than if I had gone with someone. HAHA, for those that don't know me, I'm just your average white guy who has issues dancing and isn't the most spontaneous/outgoing guy, so... I decided to just not care at all and started doing the whole freak dancing thing (if you can call it dancing) and so that was quite amusing. There was even a teacher that came and yelled at me for it, so that was pretty damn funny. :p Then hungout with some friends for a while. Then yesterday was homework, homework and homework. :( lol

Have a good day. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel down his pants, so the barteneder asked the pirate "Why do you have a steering wheel down your pants?" the pirate replies "It's driving me nuts...Arrr!"

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Got home friday, watched a girls field hockey game with a friend. Such a funny looking sport. Then went and played pool that night. Supposed to ride Saturday, but the car brakes still were not finished, so I did not get to do that. Spent the day doing nothing. Now I have a large history project due tomorrow, as well as some crazy statics stuff that is due today at some point and the test on Wednesday. God I hate this week and will be extremely glad when its over.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning.

Went shopping for more furniture and such. Had a nice dinner Saturday night with the parentas, then returned home last night.

Pretty good weekend overall until last night.

What happened to Aubrey?
She has "Forward Head ......" something. The spine in her neck has a reverse curve to it. She has no idea how she got that way but it finally pitched a nerve and she was in pain all weekend. We had to go see a Chiropractor.(sp?)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ThePriceSeliger said:
I had a football game at Exeter, NH which sucked, like a 3 hour drive, but it was alright I guess, met some girl, got her #, but forgot her name! Didn't do a thing on Sunday, went to be at like 4 A.M. and chilled. Today, class, and more class, then a doctors appointment. Cool I guess :rolleyes:
I'm sure you didn't bother to stop and see the Exeter Library a fine example of Louis Kahn Architecture.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
She has "Forward Head ......" something. The spine in her neck has a reverse curve to it. She has no idea how she got that way but it finally pitched a nerve and she was in pain all weekend. We had to go see a Chiropractor.(sp?)
Anterior head translation with a reversal of the normal cervical lordosis. At least that's my amateur chiropractic opinion.

*sigh*

Class at 10. What a day this is going to be.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Anterior head translation with a reversal of the normal cervical lordosis. At least that's my amateur chiropractic opinion.

*sigh*

Class at 10. What a day this is going to be.
Yep thats exactly what the Dr. said.

She's going to go to the Chiropractor till the health insurance won't let her anymore.

Any other suggestions?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
stosh said:
Yep thats exactly what the Dr. said.

She's going to go to the Chiropractor till the health insurance won't let her anymore.

Any other suggestions?
For pain? Advil will help take the edge off. Moist heat will help to relax the soft tissue (muscle) and may take some of the pressure off of it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ThePriceSeliger said:
Nope, I was WAY to busy doing other things far more important.
There is nothing more important than enriching your knowledge of Architecture.

Thats my life lesson for you #101.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
For pain? Advil will help take the edge off. Moist heat will help to relax the soft tissue (muscle) and may take some of the pressure off of it.
Yeah well she got some Oxycod or something from her sister for the pain. They seemed to work well.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
stosh said:
Yeah well she got some Oxycod or something from her sister for the pain. They seemed to work well.
Oxycodone?

I believe that is Percocet.

Let me pull out my handy dandy PDR. And it states that oxycodone with asprin is actually Percodan, and oxycodone in itself is a generic label of the Rush special, Oxycontin.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Oxycodone?

I believe that is Percocet.

Let me pull out my handy dandy PDR. And it states that oxycodone with asprin is actually Percodan, and oxycodone in itself is a generic label of the Rush special, Oxycontin.
I dont' think it was as strong as Oxycontin.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
went to mt snow and hung out w/ some old mtbr friends for teh weekend. my dad and stepmom came up so they could watch the kids and hil and i could ride together on sat. riding was good (for mt snow...i broke my chain pedalling uphill... :mumble: there's just too many uphill sections for a DH mountain) and i liked the high speed rocky stuff like on trail 12. glad that the rain held off (forecast was for 90% chance of rain).

hit the pool w/ the kids afterwards, then had a big potluck dinner w/ loads of good food and wine. didn't ride sunday as my elbow was sore for unknown reasons, so hil did a few runs while i watched the kids and packed up.

got home in a reasonable time, watched the pats lose and got some ribs marinating for tonight's dinner.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
Mornin'

Caught one lousy striper this weekend in 2 nights of fishing!!!! And after a friday night filled with drinking I spent my saturday assisting dave in building up a new 7point and a few other gems . I can't wait until after Interbike so I can get my grubby paws on one.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Morning all...

My black cloud is back. Found out last night my father has Lung, Liver and Lymphatic cancer. He's on Chemo but even if it works the doctors don't expect him to last more than two years. They don't really expect the chemo to work. Every time I see a light at the end of the tunnel I find out it's a train.....

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Also note that we haden't tied in the top decking to the supports yet, hence the two guys in the back holding up the drop lol. Although we did tie them in later, Amish wanted to hit the drop and we were out of screws when this pic was taken.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Reactor said:
Morning all...

My black cloud is back. Found out last night my father has Lung, Liver and Lymphatic cancer. He's on Chemo but even if it works the doctors don't expect him to last more than two years. They don't really expect the chemo to work. Every time I see a light at the end of the tunnel I find out it's a train.....

I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you

J

JRB

Good morning. I had a long weekend with riding road in the mountains. Just over 100 miles for 3 days. 75 on Saturday. It was great, but I am sore.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Reactor said:
Morning all...

Wow, really sorry to hear.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I had an awesome weekend for the most part! I went to see the Rolling Stones on Saturday night. It was an amazing show and at one point, the stage moved and they were right in front of us. For being in their 60s, they definitely still have it and are very animated on stage. And they played for over two hours :)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Sorry to hear that Reactor, good thoughts heading your way.

On a lighter side, I did a great epic ride yesterday. I don't think anyone really ever rides out where I was, it's a really tough area but it was awesome. Warm sunshine, miles and miles of singletrack, great mountain views, solitude, deer, rocks....best day in the last couple days :)