Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I didn't do much this weekend. I went to look at a few place to have our wedding on Saturday. Man this is going to be expensive!!!

Hope ya all have a great day!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. Had a decent weekend. Saturday was pretty much recovery from last week (business trip) then I had a hockey game (we got embarrassed). Yesterday we watched MBC's cousins' XC race, then had a nice MTB ride of our own.

Back to work today and it's sure to be a busier-than-hell week.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
This weekend was fun, I guess, Saturday night, I went to some dance, made out with my best friends girlfriend, did the same on Sunday, and he doesn't care????!!!!!! I just ate a breakfast sandwich. I'm also going to Reading, P.A. this weekend with Mack for a race.

I can't get my I-pod to charge!!!!
SLEEP!!!?!?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
My weekend was teh suck. I worked 8-6 Sat. & Sun.. Can I just tell you how BORING da monkey is on weekends! How dare you all have lives away from the interweb!! :nuts: On a positive note though, I was able to pick up a fork, headset, seatpost and a few other odds & ends for my new HT from RM's very own resident parts/bike trader MMcG! Thanks Mark!! Today is my Friday so at least I have the next 3 days off to look forward to! Hoping to get out for a ride tomorrow night if it stops raining. Enjoy your MONDAY suckas!!! :devil:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
My weekend was teh suck. I worked 8-6 Sat. & Sun.. Can I just tell you how BORING da monkey is on weekends! How dare you all have lives away from the interweb!! :nuts: On a positive note though, I was able to pick up a fork, headset, seatpost and a few other odds & ends for my new HT from RM's very own resident parts/bike trader MMcG! Thanks Mark!! Today is my Friday so at least I have the next 3 days off to look forward to! Hoping to get out for a ride tomorrow night if it stops raining. Enjoy your MONDAY suckas!!! :devil:
Happy to help Tigg!

I felt like crap all weekend and still feel kinda crappy. :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Happy to help Tigg!

I felt like crap all weekend and still feel kinda crappy. :dead:
I didn't want to get out of bed this morning!!
These darker cool fall mornings are perfect for sleeping in.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Weather was crappy most of the weekend. Nothing but clouds and light rain. Went for a ride in the wet on Sunday. slick wet roots owned me, in a four hours I managed to go down numerous times. I have more bruises than I can count and a lightly sprained wrist and ankle.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hey all!!

Decent weekend.....nightlife was a little on the slim side: just hung around the house with the little lady and watched some movies. Did a lot of trailwork on Saturday and Sunday. Built some new skinnies and dismantled some aging ones that are past their expiration date. Went to the local watering hole to watch helplessly as Jake Delhomme flipped a bonehead pass for an interception in the last two minutes of what would have been a certain victory for the Panthers over the Dolphins........pass? Who the hell passes when you're trying to run down the clock for a field goal attempt? Coaching 101, yo. :nuts:

Some of the perks of married life are emerging: We got our vehicle insurance lowered this weekend by getting both of us on the same policy.......we both have great driving records and was able to save almost 360 bucks per year!! That's always a good thing.

Since we're on the subject of money and marriage: When those of you who are married out there in Monkey-land did so, did you also combine your bank accounts, or did you keep things separate? Obviously, we're going to set up a joint savings account, but we've been trying to hash out how we should set up our checking---leave it separate or combine. Hurdles exist in each format, but I was wondering what solutions some of you guys have come up with.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Greyhound said:
Since we're on the subject of money and marriage: When those of you who are married out there in Monkey-land did so, did you also combine your bank accounts, or did you keep things separate? Obviously, we're going to set up a joint savings account, but we've been trying to hash out how we should set up our checking---leave it separate or combine. Hurdles exist in each format, but I was wondering what solutions some of you guys have come up with.
Might as well just hand over your life savings now dude. J/K....the wife and I have had a combined acct. since we got married. Never had any issues with it. Of course she makes twice as much as I do, so I'm all for it... :thumb: :sneaky:

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
Greyhound said:
Keep them seperate and have a joint account for paying the bills etc...that you both pay into...unless of course this causes problems then just give it all to her and hope you get a decent allowance out of it... :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Hey all!!

Decent weekend.....nightlife was a little on the slim side: just hung around the house with the little lady and watched some movies. Did a lot of trailwork on Saturday and Sunday. Built some new skinnies and dismantled some aging ones that are past their expiration date. Went to the local watering hole to watch helplessly as Jake Delhomme flipped a bonehead pass for an interception in the last two minutes of what would have been a certain victory for the Panthers over the Dolphins........pass? Who the hell passes when you're trying to run down the clock for a field goal attempt? Coaching 101, yo. :nuts:

Some of the perks of married life are emerging: We got our vehicle insurance lowered this weekend by getting both of us on the same policy.......we both have great driving records and was able to save almost 360 bucks per year!! That's always a good thing.

OH yeah I watched the Penn State game on Saturday and they f'ing won which was cool!!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Morning everyone, got in a good ride saturday...hit some really sketchy north shore style lines on one of our xc trails.

spent the rest of my weekend in northern ohio in the stick :rolleyes:

This is my last week at the company where people go to die. So i am looking to go away for a week in between jobs. LA or Moab? Not sure...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey monkeys-

had a good weekend. sat was amazing weather. went to Miles' soccer in the morning, then geared up for a party we hosted. all the other ex-pat families from ireland got together @ our house, and it was quite fun. good times.

yesterday didn't do much...did a corn field maze w/ the kids which was fun. watched the Pats squeak out a win. :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
went out for pizza friday night, we ordered a plain cheese and a pineapple & ham, Sunday I decided to eat the leftovers.......Hmm, pepperoni & sausage?? whatever, tasted pretty good

did some XC'ing yesterday at Plattekill

J

JRB

Good morning. If I were a candle this weekend, I would have melted. I hope it cools off this week for a few months.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Good morning. If I were a candle this weekend, I would have melted. I hope it cools off this week for a few months.
I noticed the local hardware store was putting out the snowblowers today.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
This weekend was dicked up thanks to Hurricane Rita which came straight thru Shreveport, La.

The wind and rain started Fri eveing at about 9PM and it continued on for the next 32 hours. The bad thing is that I have a house under construction and the framing crew had just decked the roof and nailed on the felt paper Fri afternoon in advance of the storm, but the 30+ mph wind for 30 some-odd hours shreded the paper.

This morning I had to re-order another dozen rolls... :(

Sun was hot and clear and today we are set to get to 98F degrees and with the humidity factored in, we are looking at 108F+ by bike ride time afterwork... :(:(

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning! It's a sleepy Monday here. I'm glad I got a lot of work done on Friday so I can coast today. I had a nice weekend with Rob. We went for a ride Saturday at Vassar. The fall is perfect for riding and I was having a really on day.

We missed you on Sat, Stosh! You'll have to come up before the cold weather hits. And maybe we can do the 909 too. Glad you had a good weekend and good luck with the wedding plans :)

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morn'. After 2 weeks of nothing but moving I had some fun this weekend. Went to Portland Fri night to see a show. Got in a nice ride yesterday - feel real out of shape.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
If it were over 100 F, I don't think I would bother to go for a ride. Ugg, too hot. I wore a jacket for part of my ride yesterday. :heart: fall weather.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Greyhound said:
Ah yes, the perks of marriage do include that reduction in insurance :thumb:
As for our financial information, we file our taxes jointly and have found it easier to just combine our $ into a single shared checking account and savings account through the same bank. Basically, it was less paperwork for me to keep track of and we've never had a problem. All of my husband's paychecks are automatically deposited into the Savings account and all of my paychecks get deposited into our checking account. I take care of paying all of the bills pretty much from the checking account and the Savings account pays for our car payment and "fun" (snowmobile payment--last one this month, bike parts & trips). We basically make about the same amount of money so it balances out pretty well I guess.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
How. Dee.

Weekend was good. We rode Mt. 7 in Golden on Saturday. It was my first time riding there on a fully! Definitely more comfortable than the HT.

Yesterday I worked on some bikes.

Rode in today, froze :nuts: clean off, forgot belt. :mumble: Now I just look like more of a tard. :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
went out for pizza friday night, we ordered a plain cheese and a pineapple & ham, Sunday I decided to eat the leftovers.......Hmm, pepperoni & sausage?? whatever, tasted pretty good

did some XC'ing yesterday at Plattekill
A race or just XC riding?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Good morning! It's a sleepy Monday here. I'm glad I got a lot of work done on Friday so I can coast today. I had a nice weekend with Rob. We went for a ride Saturday at Vassar. The fall is perfect for riding and I was having a really on day.

We missed you on Sat, Stosh! You'll have to come up before the cold weather hits. And maybe we can do the 909 too. Glad you had a good weekend and good luck with the wedding plans :)
I felt so bad I didn't call you on Friday. I must of thought to call you about 10 times and I only have your phone number at home on a scrap of paper on our fridge.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Riding at 1pm during record setting high temps is not the wisest thing to do. :nuts:
Well - I lived. It was hot, but I am glad I rode. :think:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Good morning!!! My schedule is finally falling into place now and things are getting a bit more relaxed. This week is a bit crazy with "Back to School Nights" on Tuesday and Wednesday and I am teaching a professional development course that also starts this week and need to finish planing things out for that (making sure I have enough copies of handouts, etc.).

Busy weekend for us...normal group ride on Friday where I rode a beautiful new 575 (a friends' bike) and managed to fall over right in front of everyone at the end of the ride (forgot to unclip) so I have a nice bruise on my left shin from the lovely rock that broke my fall. Satuday was trail maintenance where we managed to open up a new advanced trail with only 8 people working!!! Then I did some yard work at home and watched Murder by Numbers (horrible movie...don't waste your time). Sunday was apple picking, making homemade apple crisp and working on the nursery. Busy weekends certainly make time fly!!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
TreeSaw said:
Ah yes, the perks of marriage do include that reduction in insurance :thumb:
As for our financial information, we file our taxes jointly and have found it easier to just combine our $ into a single shared checking account and savings account through the same bank. Basically, it was less paperwork for me to keep track of and we've never had a problem. All of my husband's paychecks are automatically deposited into the Savings account and all of my paychecks get deposited into our checking account. I take care of paying all of the bills pretty much from the checking account and the Savings account pays for our car payment and "fun" (snowmobile payment--last one this month, bike parts & trips). We basically make about the same amount of money so it balances out pretty well I guess.
Thanks for all the advice, guys and gals. Y'all rock.

We both make about the same amount per year, so I was thinking of the same kind of arrangement that you mention here, Treesaw. Maybe a percentage of each of our check going towards straight savings and the rest into a joint checking that takes care of bills and such. I guess what I'm getting at, is I'm wondering if it's smart to do right now as each of us still has a few things to pay off that were incurred before we were married--i.e.: car payment, credit cards, etc....it's not much. Her car is paid off, and our CC debt is pretty low. Ya think we would be better off to just combine incomes, pay each other's debts off and go from there? We both use a debit card a lot, and I guess I'm just concerned that we'll start to step on each others toes with purchases---but, I guess that's all part of it(marriage and all) that you have to figure out through experience, huh? :think:

Thanks again for the suggestions and if y'all have anything else to add....by all means let's hear it.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
I felt so bad I didn't call you on Friday. I must of thought to call you about 10 times and I only have your phone number at home on a scrap of paper on our fridge.
It's cool. Weekends always get busy and fly by before you know it. I have another busy week, but maybe next week we can all go out for dinner or something.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
A race or just XC riding?

technically it was a race, but due to low turnout it was more of a fast group ride sans stopping and waiting for people to catch up......the pouring rain before the race and the heavy fog made the course pretty interesting

I didnt even realize til awards its a 3 race series series, supposedly w/some fox stuff like forks as overall prizes, I missed #1 but the next/last race is double points

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Greyhound said:
Thanks for all the advice, guys and gals. Y'all rock.

We both make about the same amount per year, so I was thinking of the same kind of arrangement that you mention here, Treesaw. Maybe a percentage of each of our check going towards straight savings and the rest into a joint checking that takes care of bills and such. I guess what I'm getting at, is I'm wondering if it's smart to do right now as each of us still has a few things to pay off that were incurred before we were married--i.e.: car payment, credit cards, etc....it's not much. Her car is paid off, and our CC debt is pretty low. Ya think we would be better off to just combine incomes, pay each other's debts off and go from there? We both use a debit card a lot, and I guess I'm just concerned that we'll start to step on each others toes with purchases---but, I guess that's all part of it(marriage and all) that you have to figure out through experience, huh? :think:

Thanks again for the suggestions and if y'all have anything else to add....by all means let's hear it.
We were in about the same situation when we got married...each had a small car payment and college loans (luckily no CC debt) so it all balanced out. As for the debit card, just make sure you have a system in place to keep track of withdrawls...that was the tough part for us (hubby never wrote it down). I just started an envelope for recepits that used the Debit card and added them to the checkbook as needed (generally atleast once a week, but I am anal about these things) ;)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Morning everyone. I had a boring Saturday, then yesterday I took my older brother to Jiminy Peak for his first time DHing. It went well, luckily he had his pads on and he is bigger cause he was crashing all over the place. No injuries for the most part, a couple of raspberries on him and a jammed/sore wrist. No crashes for me, it was a fairly mellow ride, didn't want to speed away and leave him behind. Other than that its another week of school and work.