Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a nice weekend, I got a great ride in on Sunday. My computer is finally built up and running and it's f'ing sweet!! :)

Hope ya all have a great day!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Figured out Friday night that I got a 70 on that statics test I have been talking about all week. That displeases me very much as after the test I was confident that I had done extremely well. I will have to see what went wrong today, and the teacher can be sure she will hear about it. Weekend was ok I guess, stayed home Friday night. Saturday I guess I was supposed to go out on a date with some girl, but she never told me. When I came back that night from another girl's house at 12:30 at night, girl one was convinced that we had hooked up, and was angry with me. She then proceeded to spew forth some things that she had heard about me which included me dating two girls at the same time on many occassions. It was pretty funny, mainly because it was not true. Sunday I had the pleasure of going on a bike ride with my father. We only did 15 road miles, but it was relaxing and fun. Now to get that statics test back, do some homework and crank out a couple of essays today.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo. We bought our Mt Snow season passes Saturday for the upcoming ski season. Come ooooooooon, snow!!!!

:dancing:

We had a pretty good MTB ride Saturday. See pic thread.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
So I'm officially being ripped of via the internet for the first time in my life and it's buy someone from the ridemonkey buy and sell forum.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Morn' Stosh. Glad to hear your computer's working. Looks to be a nice day out.
Thanks!
I was running a game on it yesterday and it's f'ing smooooooooth!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
great weekend...watched miles play soccer, got some stuff done around teh house, had the in-laws over for dinner sat night, visited my mon sunday, bought a replacement TV, went for a great hike w/ the kids. i hope the weather is as good next weekend.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! I had a pretty good weekend despite working both days. Sat. night I went to see an old friend of mine perform a night of all Beatles tunes with a new band he got together. It was great!! Went out to dinner before the show...had a few beers.... :thumb: Last night I just chilled at home after work and watched the 49er v. AZ. game. Today I'm anxiously awaiting to see if my package 'O parts from MMcG will arrive here at work. I should have my new frame built up for a test ride by Friday...can't wait! :) Other than that, the wife is headed out of town on business today and won;t be back until Friday night so I'm playing Mr. Mom for the next couple days. Guess it's ice cream for dinner all week!! :devil:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Busy weekend, but nothign exciting to report (i.e. no riding, as usual). Lots of house/yardwork is about the extent of it. I've started doing web work on the side (on my own) to try to get some more money coming in... taxes are going to kill us. They've gone up 18% this year and 31% since we bought our land 3 years ago.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Who's ripping you off?
I posted his name before but it was quickly deleted.
Go search the Complete Bike section for a post by me.

J

JRB

Good morning. Spent the weekend in Comfort with Kevin and Wumpus. Had some good rides, but didn't take many pics. Good fun though. :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Good Morning! Had a nice weekend with my sons. Lots of driving but still lots of fun. Hockey, and soccer and pumpkin picking under the stars. Good stuff. :thumb:

It's been ages since I've been on a bike though. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Great weekend for riding. Got dead last in my group at a race on Saturday. Trails were so fun I could have cared less. I don't exactly have a killer instinct when it comes to racing. Hit a tough mountain loop yesterday. One trail with a steep rockgarden always kicks my ass but yesterday I hit it with reckless abandon, going twice as fast as I normally do. My Yeti owned the rocks and I got the biggest adrenaline rush I've had in years.

To start the day off right I just got handed a pile of cash from the weekly office football pool. I whooped up on everyone enough that tonights game doesn't even matter. Would have had the perfect set of picks if it wasn't for the stupid Patriots. Jerks screwed me up last week too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
Good morning. Spent the weekend in Comfort with Kevin and Wumpus. Had some good rides, but didn't take many pics. Good fun though. :thumb:
I hope Comfort is a place. A disturbing image of you guys spooning came to mind.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi there!

Spent the weekend working on building up my Transition Preston. I still have the brakes left to buy, but everything else is good to go. Looks great, and SRAM drivetrains kick butt!!

Justine and myself went with my brother and his girlfriend to the local Haunted Forest on Friday. Meh...it was pretty good, but not worth the admission price. Couple of good scares though....the chainsaw guy always makes me run outta there! Saturday was spent doing trailwork. We then hit a birthday party for a friend of ours. The guys house she was having it at was mack-daddy huge!!! Don't know what kind of drugs he smuggles in, but whatever they are, they're paying the bills quite nicely. Dude had a top of the line Ironhorse Hollowpoint hanging up in his garage with not a speck of dirt on the tires--showroom clean. I hate that. Anyways....they cooked up lots of food, and we ended up in a bottle of single malt before the night was over......good stuff. Sunday was all about chillin and watching some football---went by the lake my parents live on and did some flyfishing for about two hours before the sun went away. Caught several nice bass and one pissed-off carp.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Congrats!!

How'd it go?

freakin great.........Heather & crew did a great job organizing (sag wagon, turns marked, etc) and the weather turned out to be perfect! I told myself I wouldnt go out with the fast guys, but I did anyway....at mile 25 there was a 8 mile option (4 mile climb, turn around and come right back down)....I opted to not do that, so the next 30 it was just me and another dude.......he pulled more than me, but @ mile 40 theres a big ass climb....I stopped at the top to wait for him, mile 57 was the long stop/regroup. After the stop I pretty much did the rest of the ride solo......it was tough, my pace was definietly slower...I tried to keep my average at 18, but it dropped to 17.9.....then a bunch of us went out fro grub after

ONE DUDE, just bought a bike 3 weeks ago, it took him 9 hours (total) to do the ride.....what a freaking rock star....never gave up, just kept at it. awesome!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
ONE DUDE, just bought a bike 3 weeks ago, it took him 9 hours (total) to do the ride.....what a freaking rock star....never gave up, just kept at it. awesome!
Damn, I've had my road bike two years and have yet to do a century.

splat

Nam I am
Morning !

good job on the Century Doug.

Did some trail work this weekend ( see Pic thread ) , and yesteray , went to my daughters Pop warner foot ball game ( shes's a cheerleader ). Made a Killer lasagna for dinner last night

and road my bike to work today and that is about all.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Damn, I've had my road bike two years and have yet to do a century.

ahhhha

another dude, who is 58 kicked just about everyones ass!

he said he's logged well over 5,000 miles this year

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
By the way Doug , what was your time ?

well, 10 of my miles was riding to my freinds house before the century

the course (sans 8 mile option) was 98 miles.....I know @ 50 miles my time was 2:40........total I think was around 5:30

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
It was a good weekend.

Biketoberfest!
Sat morning 56 miles on the fixy
Sat afternoon 20miles of single track on the SS
Sat eve hand full of shuttle run on the DHR
Sat Night 10 miles of single track in the dark on the SS
after that Party!

Sunday morning 40miles of single track on the SS
Sunday afternoon Lift serivce was going 5 runs on the DHR
Pack-up Drive home, See 2 good friends off with a Farewell Ride at a local trail another 10 miles in the dark with the SS.

Today 8am I had a flat tire on the element. I was 1hour late for work.

http://luv2mtb.smugmug.com/photos/38494942-Ti.jpg

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Just got that test back. Could someone explain to me how I can only receive 31 out of 40 points, and 23 out of 30 points when I drew everything correctly and got the right answers using the correct equations? What a load of sh!t.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Yes, Comfort is the town nearest the ranch. Last weekend to ride there until January. Dear season is upon us.
We did share a king size bed in the camper. Slept in different bags, of course. I wouldn't have done that if I had known "dear" season was near. :nope:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Rip said:
The professor probably seen somethingin the work or you forgot to do a few problems full out.
Thats the thing though. I solved for everything she asked for, correctly mind you, and the diagrams reflected everything that they should. I just wrote her an email, so I should be seeing her sometime within the next few days. I guess I am just a little bit frustrated as I put a lot of time into doing the homework for this class, going to the extra help sessions, and studying for the tests. I came away thinking that I did better. Oh well, we will see what comes of our meeting.

J

JRB

Westy said:
I hope Comfort is a place. A disturbing image of you guys spooning came to mind.
He told me no cuddling before we went to bed. :(