Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
loco said:
Only one was on United, and your south vs west thing doesn't make any sense to me.

ok...get a map of the US out.

find chicago. it's near the center of the US, near a very large pond. got it? good.

now let's find boston and charlotte. if the pacific ocean is to your left, you've got the map in the correction direction. notice that you can draw a straight line from boston to chicago and get nowhere near charlotte.

not sure where you flew out of in TX; missoula and reno ain't exactly bustling metropolises where direct flights from east cupcake to west cupcake make a whole lot of economic sense, unlike boston and chicago...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I rented it the other night to watch the extra stuff. It was the beginning. If you were serious, or even a little serious, you will appreciate the entire thing. It rocked when I saw it at the movies. :thumb:
It made Stacey Peralta look like the good guy.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
what did he go for? I didn't know you had a brother.
2 bothers and a sister... something business related, not sure - I don't really pay much attention. Trying to get into marketing, but he's not having much luck.

J

JRB

narlus said:

find chicago. it's near the center of the US, near a very large pond. got it? good.

now let's find boston and charlotte. if the pacific ocean is to your left, you've got the map in the correction direction. notice that you can draw a straight line from boston to chicago and get nowhere near charlotte.

not sure where you flew out of in TX; missoula and reno ain't exactly bustling metropolises where direct flights from east cupcake to west cupcake make a whole lot of economic sense, unlike boston and chicago...
I can draw a straight line to SLC from Austin too, but that didn't keep me out of Dallas and Chicago. I didn't expect direct to Missoula, but SLC ain't a ghost town. I can draw a straight line from Dallas to Reno too. :eviltongu

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
narlus said:

HA! That's funny, nar. We have a running joke here in the South that when you die, before you go to either heaven or hell, you gotta go through the Atlanta airport first to get there......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
2 bothers and a sister... something business related, not sure - I don't really pay much attention. Trying to get into marketing, but he's not having much luck.
I'm hoping to catch atleast one game this year. My Aunt and Uncle have season tix they don't use.

Polandspring88 said:
Go to my 9 am class, the one that is supposed to be test prep for the final and find out that the teacher had someone put up a sign saying she would arrive at 9:30. This class only goes until 9:50 mind you. Way to screw us over.
Test prep? What's that? If you have been doing the work all along, I wouldn't think you'd need any "prep."

narlus said:

narlus 47, loco 0. We have a winner! :dancing:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
johnbryanpeters said:
Test prep? What's that? If you have been doing the work all along, I wouldn't think you'd need any "prep."
You would have to understand this lady to get what I am saying. First test of the year she explained to us that our answer should be composed of three sections, the Free Body Diagram, the Strategy, and the Solution. She said no more, and as a result, many people did poorly. It was only after the first test that she explained to us what she was looking for. Same with the second test. Each time her expectations for what we should have change. This third one should be no different. Thats in addition to the fact that she never finished the material we are being tested on leaving us with, "...well, you can probably do the homework and stuff." For the record, I have been doing the work all along.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning all. I'm late on here today because guess what??? We have a 2hour delay!!!! For snow! :p There's a good 3-6" on the ground (still snowing and is quite windy out) so I'm enjoying a nice warm morning inside for the moment. :p

My weekend was pretty good, Saturday was my birthday so we went car shopping for a bit, only to get offered a job at a car dealership as a lot tech (not a for sure thing but hopefully, they said they really needed them) which would allow me to put down about $3k on an $8k car and pay it off slowly through them without having to get full coverage on insurance. Then I went and played some awesome cricket with friends from school, except one kid kept bowling irradicaly (sp?) so my legs are covered in bruises now. Got some italian food with the family then hungout around the house watching movies. Then yesterday all our family came down and hungout for my birthday, got a bit of money, then I watched tv and decided to procrastinate homework till late last night. :p

That is all. :D

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
johnbryanpeters said:
That's like here in Cambridge. The teachers fuss about the MCAS because now they're going have to be "teaching to the test". My question is......If your curriculum is so all fire good, and the teachers are any good and the kids do the work, then shouldn't your students be able to pass the test? Isn't it supposed to be the measure of how well everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing? I don't score many points with these questions. :rolleyes:

The Cheese

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

Everybody in the NE make it thru the rain ok?

I had a nice relaxing weekend here. Saturday night I went out to a friends house for a party. It was fun but he didn't have any electricity so the whole thing was lit by candles. That was a neat twist.

Hope ya all have a great day!
How's work, Stosh?? I'm still in my pjs.

You didn't miss much yesterday. The trail was muddy and slippery. I got some new Panaracer Fire XCs and they did a good job combatting it however. Then we built up a few of the trails, did some trail maintanance from the rain and then I proceeded to try to clip into some pedals I snagged off of Ebay (I put the old ones on my roadbike). It turns out that my cleats come up too high and rub them, causing them to not clip in. I kept falling out and finally got really pissed. There's nothing better than yelling in the woods :)

Have a great day. I heard your party was interesting....;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
COmtbiker12 said:
<snip>
My weekend was pretty good, Saturday was my birthday so we went car shopping for a bit, only to get offered a job at a car dealership as a lot tech (not a for sure thing but hopefully, they said they really needed them) which would allow me to put down about $3k on an $8k car and pay it off slowly through them without having to get full coverage on insurance.
Aren't 17 year olds supposed to have cars that cost $1000? :think:
Then I went and played some awesome cricket with friends from school, except one kid kept bowling irradicaly (sp?) so my legs are covered in bruises now.
Cricket?!? What are you, Pakistani? :confused:
<snip> and decided to procrastinate homework till late last night. :p
Sometimes the snow just works out right, don't it? :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
How's work, Stosh?? I'm still in my pjs.

You didn't miss much yesterday. The trail was muddy and slippery. I got some new Panaracer Fire XCs and they did a good job combatting it however. Then we built up a few of the trails, did some trail maintanance from the rain and then I proceeded to try to clip into some pedals I snagged off of Ebay (I put the old ones on my roadbike). It turns out that my cleats come up too high and rub them, causing them to not clip in. I kept falling out and finally got really pissed. There's nothing better than yelling in the woods :)

Have a great day. I heard your party was interesting....;)
Yeah I wish I didn't have to come to work today. Although I have little NOTHING to do yet again today.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
<snip>Cricket?!? What are you, Pakistani? :confused:<snap>
I thought that too. I hope the dealership doesn't find out. No way will they hire a terrorist.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Raced at Plattekill yesterday....in the rain. Actaully it wasn't that bad, it drizzled on and off all day, but no real downpours. The course was pretty technical, super muddy and slick as snot! I still managed to come awway with my second win of the season, moving me up to second place overall for the NY State Championship. One more race to go in Nov., and they just announced it's going to be a double points race. Should add some real excitement, and bring people who have a chance of taking the overall points series out of the woodwork for the race. Can't wait!!
woot ! Awesome job :thumb:

how did the dude in the points lead do?

sounds like the making of an exciting last race!!

J

JRB

McGRP01 said:
Morning! Raced at Plattekill yesterday....in the rain. Actaully it wasn't that bad, it drizzled on and off all day, but no real downpours. The course was pretty technical, super muddy and slick as snot! I still managed to come awway with my second win of the season, moving me up to second place overall for the NY State Championship. One more race to go in Nov., and they just announced it's going to be a double points race. Should add some real excitement, and bring people who have a chance of taking the overall points series out of the woodwork for the race. Can't wait!!
So, what the hell was mack talking about in the DH forum???

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
Aren't 17 year olds supposed to have cars that cost $1000? :think:
Cricket?!? What are you, Pakistani? :confused:
Sometimes the snow just works out right, don't it? :thumb:
-My current car costed $1000, and its now leaking out antifreeze left and right, needs a new clutch and/or tranny, brakes aren't real solid, frequently dies and bogs down when I let the clutch out, I want somethin better. :p

-No, but half the people I play with are (or Indian)

-I love snow. :D

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Hey now - I know several Pakistanis who aren't terrorists. :mad:
It was a joke dumbass. Geebus you are sensitive since you wore those shorts. Are you taking estrogen???

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
Copper is a great mountain. Come on out! Hopefully the snow'll be good.

Ah, Hell - it'll be better than East Coast conditions even if we don't actually get any snow. :p
Agreed. You'll certainly learn that this condition called "ice" only exists on horrible days unlike out east where I've heard that's the only thing you ski on. ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
COmtbiker12 said:
-My current car costed $1000, and its now leaking out antifreeze left and right, needs a new clutch and/or tranny, brakes aren't real solid, frequently dies and bogs down when I let the clutch out, I want somethin better. :p
Geezus, dude. $8K is alot of greenbacks. Find yourself something for $3K and put the other $5K towards crack.

-No, but half the people I play with are (or Indian)
I worked with some crazy-for-cricket Indians and Pakistanis in college. Good folks. Their women would always cook for me when I gave them a ride home. :thumb:

-I love snow. :D
:stupid: :stupid:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
Geezus, dude. $8K is alot of greenbacks. Find yourself something for $3K and put the other $5K towards crack.

I worked with some crazy-for-cricket Indians and Pakistanis in college. Good folks. Their women would always cook for me when I gave them a ride home. :thumb:

:stupid: :stupid:
-See, my mom's putting a few k towards it because its supposed to be a good car that'll last me through college. I'll probably just get a little Focus ZX3 or something like that.

-These kids are crazy for cricket, its ALL that they talk about. :p

-Do you have any passes for skiing this year? Or are you going to be lucky to go up more than twice? ;) We got the Colorado Pass. :)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
COmtbiker12 said:
Agreed. You'll certainly learn that this condition called "ice" only exists on horrible days unlike out east where I've heard that's the only thing you ski on. ;)
In 10 years I've seen ice *once* here - and that was because a snowmaking pipe had burst and was leaking all over a small section of a run - there was a patch of about 20 yards of blue ice.

I'd simply set my skis flat and pray to make it across unscathed every time I had to go over it. :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
loco said:
You're in a ski club???

*what is a ski club???

I give them $25/year, and they organize trips (day, w/e, week)

the day trips, includes bus up & back & lift ticket and is $10-$15 less then the normal lift ticket price

J

JRB

I should add - we went to a place for lunch called "Maudie's Milagro" and it was a hoot. The food was perfect and there were two very 'metro' guys that were a kick in the ass to watch. Then some hooker looking chick that was working very hard to be hot came in. I hate that I didn't take the camera. Truly disappointing. They would have been a hoot for us today.