Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Everybody in the NE make it thru the rain ok?

I had a nice relaxing weekend here. Saturday night I went out to a friends house for a party. It was fun but he didn't have any electricity so the whole thing was lit by candles. That was a neat twist.

Hope ya all have a great day!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Bout time you got here!!

Yup survived the rain. ( actually it is still raining here )
But was actually able to get a ride in yesterday , so all is good .
Yeah it's raining here again today.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We got tons of rain too. Bad enough that I lost a tree because the ground became too soft to support the tree.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Good morning all.

Laid my single speed down this weekend... and tapped a tree folded my front wheel and brake rotor in half.... :mumble: :dead:

Then went to the cider mill for some fresh cider and donuts... :heart: :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had a decent weekend. Friday night I went to Syracuse with a buddy for the best grub around at the Dino BBQ. Damn that's some good food. Saturday and Sunday was a mix of football (GO PENN STATE/DALLAS COWBOYS!!!) and housework. Spent a lot of time looking through the local housing market... had a realestate agent friend of ours and an appraiser up to look at our house - we should have no problem getting back what we put into the house plus some. So if we do end up selling, we will probably come out ahead financially, which means I might have some money to play with.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Had a decent weekend. Friday night I went to Syracuse with a buddy for the best grub around at the Dino BBQ. Damn that's some good food. Saturday and Sunday was a mix of football (GO PENN STATE/DALLAS COWBOYS!!!) and housework. Spent a lot of time looking through the local housing market... had a realestate agent friend of ours and an appraiser up to look at our house - we should have no problem getting back what we put into the house plus some. So if we do end up selling, we will probably come out ahead financially, which means I might have some money to play with.
Oh so now everybody's a Penn State fan since they're doing so well!!!

I was ticked off because the party I went to lost electricity so we couldn't watch the Penn State game. Oddly enough my friend had cell reception and could stream scores via ESPN.

Liam

Chimp
Jun 16, 2004
G-San Daegu, SK
Was a wonderfully fast weekend just out side of Seoul. Had 9 monster bike doing the bullet train express down some of the sweetest shuttleable trails in South Korea. Fook ya! Cool hazy day with a poky bit of warming sunshine. Very good, very good indeed.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Go to my 9 am class, the one that is supposed to be test prep for the final and find out that the teacher had someone put up a sign saying she would arrive at 9:30. This class only goes until 9:50 mind you. Way to screw us over.

J

JRB

Good morning. Had a couple of great rides. Had some great bbq, and just hung out. It waited til last night to give us our much needed rain. It was about an inch.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
Flew to Chicago on Saturday morning for a wedding in the afternoon, then back last night. Of course our bags didn't make the connection in Charlotte :mad: Flying with a sinus infection is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much fun, dontcha know. Other than that everything is fine.

The Cheese

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Good weekend out here in the middle of the country. Left Friday evening for Elevenmile Canyon with a buddy. Camped out Fri & Sat night. On Saturday we put in 5 pitches of climbing in the canyon with a little bit of fishing. Sunday we spent most of the day catching our limit on the river.

I'm tired and sore. I have muscles that hurt that I didn't even know I had.

I'm not sure whether to blamet the climbing or the fishing. :think:

Here is a pic of the best climb we did on Saturday, called "The Staircase"

Edit: I neglected to mention that it's friggin' *snowing* here right now. :thumb:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning :stosh:

Rainy weekend....lots of water. Ride yesterday was thwarted by unbearably slippery conditions, extreme humidity, and just general lack of drive to be out on a miserable day. Still raining here as well.

Stosh, how was the outdoor toilet?

splat

Nam I am
SuzyCreamcheese said:
Flew to Chicago on Saturday morning for a wedding in the afternoon, then back last night. Of course our bags didn't make the connection in Charlotte :mad: Flying with a sinus infection is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much fun, dontcha know. Other than that everything is fine.

The Cheese
Chicago --> Boston , via Charlotte ?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Oh so now everybody's a Penn State fan since they're doing so well!!!
ahhh, go to hell. I've been a PSUer longer than you've been alive. My Dad played there before he enlisted, so PSU football is all you know from day one in his house.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
suzy, why'd you have have to chicago via charlotte?

pretty mellow weekend, stayed inside for a lot but did get out for a short run in the afternoon. roasted a couple of chickens. watched some football. played w/ the kids. pretty basic.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning :stosh:

Rainy weekend....lots of water. Ride yesterday was thwarted by unbearably slippery conditions, extreme humidity, and just general lack of drive to be out on a miserable day. Still raining here as well.

Stosh, how was the outdoor toilet?
Dude, I'm a guy, I prefer to p!ss outside!!!

It's funny how much quicker people get drunk when there is no electricity, I was freaking wasted by 10:30pm. Aubrey drove home and we ate at the New Paltz college diner on the way home. I love going to college diners half in the bag.

J

JRB

I went to Missoula, via Chicago. :confused: Went through Chicago to Reno too. I kind of thought it was just something that happens.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
ahhh, go to hell. I've been a PSUer longer than you've been alive. My Dad played there before he enlisted, so PSU football is all you know from day one in his house.
Ha, my mom, 2 aunts, 2 uncles, grandma, grandpa, 2 cousins went there and my brother is currently enrolled there.

Aubrey and I were discussing how when it comes to Penn State my mom and family spare no expense and question nothing Penn State does.

I'm actually going out there this weekend for my cousin's wedding.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
What up?

Friday evening we rented some movies......on the way to Blockbuster, I got caught up in the traffic re-route of a 72-car pileup that happened on the interstate 3 hours prior. Woah, baby!! That turned out to be a hour and a half trip for me. Watched "Sin City" and loved it. Fell asleep to "Meet the Fockers" though--it was good, I was just tired. Saturday I slug some dirt....er, mud at the trails for a few hours before getting ready for the wife's birthday party. We were to meet at the local winery, but for some reason or another, I missed the fact that they switched from summer hours to fall/winter hours that weekend, so we got there just as they were closing---bollocks!! Waited for everyone to get there and we caravaned to another pub just down from the resturant we had reservations for dinner at. Everything went great at dinner---we were laughing and talking and having a good time.......until the 75-year old bitty in the same dining area came over to tell us that we were disturbing her dinner with our laughing and talking. We were stunned---didn't know what to say. There were eight of us and the entire party just sat there trying to figure out what the hell just happened. Well......that only fueled our desire to really piss her off, so everytime she would look over at us with that constipated look because we laughed or said something above a whisper, we would wave back at her in unison and say "Hi" A real battle of wits we had going on here.......she finally got fed up, and left in a huff after she found out I paid for her and her friends dinner. She had no bullets left to fire at us then.....good times. Real heathens we are.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
loco said:
I went to Missoula, via Chicago. :confused: Went through Chicago to Reno too. I kind of thought it was just something that happens.
uh, both of those cities are west of chicago, and you probably flew united (which has its hub in chicago)?

last i checked, charlotte was much farther south than the line between boston and chicago, and getting a direct flight is not difficult.

back on topic, i listened to Wilco's "Via Chicago" yesterday.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
SkaredShtles said:
You mean my curse *worked*?!? :think:

Mmmmmmmm............. donuts.............. :drool:

So, its your fault... :mumble:

I have been on a crash-a-ride-a-thon this week... I had an OTB on climb 3 days ago... slammed down so hard a broke both bottle cages clean off and gave my self a bloody lip.... The rest of them have been stupid wash-outs in the sandy turns...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
What up?

Friday evening we rented some movies......on the way to Blockbuster, I got caught up in the traffic re-route of a 72-car pileup that happened on the interstate 3 hours prior. Woah, baby!! That turned out to be a hour and a half trip for me. Watched "Sin City" and loved it. Fell asleep to "Meet the Fockers" though--it was good, I was just tired. Saturday I slug some dirt....er, mud at the trails for a few hours before getting ready for the wife's birthday party. We were to meet at the local winery, but for some reason or another, I missed the fact that they switched from summer hours to fall/winter hours that weekend, so we got there just as they were closing---bollocks!! Waited for everyone to get there and we caravaned to another pub just down from the resturant we had reservations for dinner at. Everything went great at dinner---we were laughing and talking and having a good time.......until the 75-year old bitty in the same dining area came over to tell us that we were disturbing her dinner with our laughing and talking. We were stunned---didn't know what to say. There were eight of us and the entire party just sat there trying to figure out what the hell just happened. Well......that only fueled our desire to really piss her off, so everytime she would look over at us with that constipated look because we laughed or said something above a whisper, we would wave back at her in unison and say "Hi" A real battle of wits we had going on here.......she finally got fed up, and left in a huff after she found out I paid for her and her friends dinner. She had no bullets left to fire at us then.....good times. Real heathens we are.
Sin city sucked!

J

JRB

narlus said:
uh, both of those cities are west of chicago, and you probably flew united (which has its hub in chicago)?

last i checked, charlotte was much farther south than the line between boston and chicago, and getting a direct flight is not difficult.

back on topic, i listened to Wilco's "Via Chicago" yesterday.
Only one was on United, and your south vs west thing doesn't make any sense to me.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stosh said:
How is everybody today?
Not bad. Had a relaxing weekend.
Saw History of Violence, which sucked. I think that people started to tell Cronenberg that he was brilliant, and as a result, he immediatly ceased being brilliant. :eviltongu

Went to the aquarium with my kid & my neice, which was fun.

Otherwise, just mellow.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Only one was on United, and your south vs west thing doesn't make any sense to me.
Hey I thougth about your offer on the DEAN/MKIII trade and I think I'm going to pass.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
narlus said:
suzy, why'd you have have to chicago via charlotte?
Other way around. We had a direct flight to Chicago on Saturday morning. Then yesterday to return, we came back via Charlotte. It was the only option that would get us home at a reasonable time and also let us have a long visit with relatives on Sunday morning. All the direct flights were either too early or too late and also cost more. Sometimes it's almost impossible to escape the Scottich heritage to not spend money.

The Cheese

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Andy_B said:
So, its your fault... :mumble:

I have been on a crash-a-ride-a-thon this week... I had an OTB on climb 3 days ago... slammed down so hard a broke both bottle cages clean off and gave my self a bloody lip.... The rest of them have been stupid was-outs in the sandy turns...
You know - when I was formulating the curse I came up with that OTB climbing thing from a similar maneuver I did in Crested Butte last summer.

Glad that you didn't knock any teeth out. I specifically put in a provision for *just* a bloody lip. :thumb:

Edit: Don't blame me for the washouts. Blame those on you sucking. :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mackie said:
Not bad. Had a relaxing weekend.
Saw History of Violence, which sucked. I think that people started to tell Cronenberg that he was brilliant, and as a result, he immediatly ceased being brilliant. :eviltongu

Went to the aquarium with my kid & my neice, which was fun.

Otherwise, just mellow.
I saw, The Lords of Dogtown. It was pretty cool and although it was slightly before the time I was skating in the 80/90's it was cool to see how it all kind of started.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Raced at Plattekill yesterday....in the rain. Actaully it wasn't that bad, it drizzled on and off all day, but no real downpours. The course was pretty technical, super muddy and slick as snot! I still managed to come awway with my second win of the season, moving me up to second place overall for the NY State Championship. One more race to go in Nov., and they just announced it's going to be a double points race. Should add some real excitement, and bring people who have a chance of taking the overall points series out of the woodwork for the race. Can't wait!!

J

JRB

stosh said:
Hey I thougth about your offer on the DEAN/MKIII trade and I think I'm going to pass.
That's cool. You should just buy the Dean.

J

JRB

stosh said:
I saw, The Lords of Dogtown. It was pretty cool and although it was slightly before the time I was skating in the 80/90's it was cool to see how it all kind of started.
I rented it the other night to watch the extra stuff. It was the beginning. If you were serious, or even a little serious, you will appreciate the entire thing. It rocked when I saw it at the movies. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Raced at Plattekill yesterday....in the rain. Actaully it wasn't that bad, it drizzled on and off all day, but no real downpours. The course was pretty technical, super muddy and slick as snot! I still managed to come awway with my second win of the season, moving me up to second place overall for the NY State Championship. One more race to go in Nov., and they just announced it's going to be a double points race. Should add some real excitement, and bring people who have a chance of taking the overall points series out of the woodwork for the race. Can't wait!!
Wow congrats man!!!

There is another Pkill race?