Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I spent my weekend in State College PA for my cousin's "wedding in a barn". It was interesting to say the least. I think i'm still hungover... :)

Have a great day!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Still hungover? So that's why you're late.

Spent the weekend taking care of things at home here. Got in a ride on saturday, and spent yesterday studying and watching football. HA HA FOR THE PATS LOSING TO MY BRONCOS! HA HA!

It's gray and crappy here, so I'm listening to Opie and Anthony (actually made it on the show today for once) and having my first cup of tea.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi there!

Just a relaxing weekend.....not a lot to report. Dinner at the local Mexican joint on Friday and then trailwork on Saturday. We finally got to junk our old computer desk for a huge replacement that has lots of storage for our stuff. It was a bitty to get in the front door, but we managed to get 'er done without incident or injury. Sunday was cool---slept in and later on took the dog for a long run while I scouted a new jump line on the far end of our property.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Had a nice weekend. Friday's ride got rained out so the hubby & I went out for pizza and saw Corpse Bride. Saturday got up around 7 am only to have to power go out right before the coffee finished brewing :mumble: No power meant get work done on the mural on the nursery wall, fold laundry, a little spin on the rollers (it was still raining at my house) and a little paperwork. Finally got bored with the no power thing around 3pm and went to see the new Wallace and Gromit movie. Got home and we had power so I was off to do some laundry and cleaning.

Sunday, I took my brother to Fright Fest at the Great Escape and then headed to my mother's for dinner.

Tonight I need to catch up on the work I needed the computer to do over the weekend. Fun, fun, fun!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
morning all...
I got stuck working on sat and then finally took apart the front of my jeep after fridays incident with the hole in the ground ( see the end of fridays GMT) Turns out I may have some significant damage. Cracked rim, tire slashed, rotor damage, possible tie-rod damage, bend trailarm brace. but other than that its perfect. Sunday was just a day of rest

otherwise this morning I found out that I am top prospect for the promotion i interviewed for.. One of the interviewers called me himself. The position is basically mine. Now what I am hoping for is that my supervisor here will fight for me to stay where i am and still get me the promotion. this way I get more money and dont have to go anywhere.. hopefully it will all work out

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Naaah....but I'm hell with a leaf-blower.
I bet your are!

God damn this coffee is good this morning!!

PS. I would just like to note that I paid $2.49 for gas this weekend. For all the bitching we do on here I think it's good to note that something good has happened to the gas prices, even if it is just temporary.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
morning all...
I got stuck working on sat and then finally took apart the front of my jeep after fridays incident with the hole in the ground ( see the end of fridays GMT) Turns out I may have some significant damage. Cracked rim, tire slashed, rotor damage, possible tie-rod damage, bend trailarm brace. but other than that its perfect. Sunday was just a day of rest

otherwise this morning I found out that I am top prospect for the promotion i interviewed for.. One of the interviewers called me himself. The position is basically mine. Now what I am hoping for is that my supervisor here will fight for me to stay where i am and still get me the promotion. this way I get more money and dont have to go anywhere.. hopefully it will all work out
While that will be a pretty heafty bill it does sound fixable.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
Let's see.....cleaned the chimney and started putting the gardens to bed for the winter. When it wasn't raining that is. Toured around the waterfalls of the Berks. Pretty amazing all the water out there.

The Cheese

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
yes

I've gotten my Desktop and Laptop to pick up the signal from the router loud and clear, I just can't get them to use the wireless system to log onto the internet.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:
Let's see.....cleaned the chimney and started putting the gardens to bed for the winter. When it wasn't raining that is. Toured around the waterfalls of the Berks. Pretty amazing all the water out there.

The Cheese
How exactly did you clean your chimney?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
yes

I've gotten my Desktop and Laptop to pick up the signal from the router loud and clear, I just can't get them to use the wireless system to log onto the internet.
what browser do you use???
did u try...
shut the computer down.
reset your cable modem
reset the linksys box/ router
wait till all those damn lights stop
turn on computer

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
mechanicals suck! :mumble:

my hub went @11:55, my race was at scheduled for 12:00 at the top of the mountain......I had to go back to the bottom to borrow a wheel. I didnt make it to the start until 12:30, around 10-15 minutes after my group started. ack!

The wheel I borrowed was 8 spd, mine's 9 so I had plenty of shifting problems
I should mention the weather, it was sprinkling, wind was gusting up to 50 mph......and it was maybe 40 degrees

3 laps, and around 1:45 later I finished in 5th (out of 7)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Good morning! Had a nice weekend. Friday's ride got rained out so the hubby & I went out for pizza and saw Corpse Bride. Saturday got up around 7 am only to have to power go out right before the coffee finished brewing :mumble: No power meant get work done on the mural on the nursery wall, fold laundry, a little spin on the rollers (it was still raining at my house) and a little paperwork. Finally got bored with the no power thing around 3pm and went to see the new Wallace and Gromit movie. Got home and we had power so I was off to do some laundry and cleaning.

Sunday, I took my brother to Fright Fest at the Great Escape and then headed to my mother's for dinner.

Tonight I need to catch up on the work I needed the computer to do over the weekend. Fun, fun, fun!!!
I'm assuming you didn't go on any of the rides. :D

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
yes

also check your firewall settings

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
You HAD to post before me didn't you. :eviltongu
There are quite a few websites out there that you can't use firefox to access so thats why I use IE.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
stosh said:
How exactly did you clean your chimney?
Climb up on the roof with chimney brushes and sweep. Then clean out all the creosote at the bottom of the chimney. Clean out the stovepipes, etc. and reassemble. Voila!

The Cheese

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Hated leaving CO to come back to Louisiana Saturday.

Friday nite my friend Paul and his wife had a HUGE wedding reception (they were married last Valentine's Day by a JP). She is an event coordinator for Neman-Marcus so you can imagine how awesome the party was!

:thumb:

The fun started at 7PM then about midnight we transfered the festivities to Delaney's Pub in LoDo. I wrapped up the night at 3AM...
:drool:

The Sat morning I felt like crap... I knew mixing vodka martinis, scotch and Stella ale was a bad idea.. :dead:

It was a blast! Plus I got a job offer to go to work at Peterson AFB... :think: :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
hooples3 said:
morning all...

Sorry to hear about the jeep, but I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you on the job front! I am SO hoping to get a job closer to home for next year. I just know I am going to hate an 50 minute commute each way with a baby waiting for me!!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
I bet your are!

God damn this coffee is good this morning!!

PS. I would just like to note that I paid $2.49 for gas this weekend. For all the bitching we do on here I think it's good to note that something good has happened to the gas prices, even if it is just temporary.
That's a great price for gas. And here I was all excited that I filled up my car and my SUV for $2.69 per gallon!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:
Climb up on the roof with chimney brushes and sweep. Then clean out all the creosote at the bottom of the chimney. Clean out the stovepipes, etc. and reassemble. Voila!

The Cheese
Oh, sounds sooty....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
That's a great price for gas. And here I was all excited that I filled up my car and my SUV for $2.69 per gallon!!!
Well of course that was in PA but still, I was freaking happy!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
if you need to get patches/fixes from microsoft, typically you need to get 'em via IE; Firefox isn't supported.

stosh, i was ready to throw my PC out the window last night. my squeezebox has had problems dropping connections and then not being able to reconnect, so on the suggestion of people in the support forum, i updated my wireless access point and router firmware (this is old stuff, 801.b, probably 1st or 2nd generation) and then changed channels. well i did get the connection back to the SB, but also got some sort of driver instability issue which led to frequent blue screens on my PC. argh!!!! finally had to do two system restores (2nd one this morning) and we'll see if that sussed it.

weekend was pretty slow. sat was really crappy, so i bailed on the BC/wake forest game and farted around in the house, and also bought some more stuff for the bathroom renovation. the wife took the kids to a neighbor's b-day party, so i planned up a tasty pork chop dinner (see food forum for details shortly). watched some TV.

sunday we had water in our basement, but it wasn't rain water. i think what happened is that either the dishwasher, washing machine, or both couldn't dump water to the septic because the water table was so high, so it ended up backing up in our basement. not a ton of water, and it wasn't sewage (it was soapy) but it managed to fill my container of niterider batteries and lights, and get a bunch of my bike tools and spare parts all wet.

went to a friend's house-warming in belmont last night, that was fun. damn, belmont's got some swank houses.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
I'm assuming you didn't go on any of the rides. :D
Of course I did. Did you know that they post a warning for EVERY ride (including the merry-go-round)? It's ridiculous. I didn't go on any of the roller coasters, but there were rides that I did go on (I even talked to my Dr. and they said some rides were fine, just to be careful not to over-do it and get dizzy and sick).

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
I haven't tried to reset my cable modem. What would that do?
it just resets the whole system .. for some reason when i hooked up my wireless i had problems too, after I shut down and reset everything.. it worked for me.
I use zonealarm as a firewall.. I know when i first set it up it was for hardwired internet service... when i went wireless with my laptop for some reason the zonealarm blocked out internet access to the laptop.. zonealarm apperently has a seperate setting for laptop/wireless use. meanwhile my desktop <hardwired> had no trouble